BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,654
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 75 of 128 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to the crabs 2023 team today.

They lost 1 game

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I hear the owner of the Crabs was a lunatic on the sidelines this past weekend at his own tourney! Why would anyone want their son to play for a man that clearly never or hardly ever played the game? I have seen him with a stick in his hand and its obvious he has no clue what he is doing. Why anyone would want their 8th grade son no matter what his age is playing for a man that yells, screams and belittle's kids in front of their teammates, parents, grandparents and friends? Don't be surprised if your son is completely burned out before he even sets foot on a college campus and potentially on a HS campus. What a joke!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]From what I hear the owner of the Crabs was a lunatic on the sidelines this past weekend at his own tourney! Why would anyone want their son to play for a man that clearly never or hardly ever played the game? I have seen him with a stick in his hand and its obvious he has no clue what he is doing. Why anyone would want their 8th grade son no matter what his age is playing for a man that yells, screams and belittle's kids in front of their teammates, parents, grandparents and friends? Don't be surprised if your son is completely burned out before he even sets foot on a college campus and potentially on a HS campus. What a joke!!

Said the dad who's kid got cut than just got beat by the Crabs. Now that's a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I hear the owner of the Crabs was a lunatic on the sidelines this past weekend at his own tourney! Why would anyone want their son to play for a man that clearly never or hardly ever played the game? I have seen him with a stick in his hand and its obvious he has no clue what he is doing. Why anyone would want their 8th grade son no matter what his age is playing for a man that yells, screams and belittle's kids in front of their teammates, parents, grandparents and friends? Don't be surprised if your son is completely burned out before he even sets foot on a college campus and potentially on a HS campus. What a joke!!

They've sent something like 400 kids to D1 programs. I think your prediction of their demise is greatly exaggerated.

Not sure, but I do think he played when he was younger. As for yelling, he yells a lot but so did the Looney's coaches. And many others I've heard over the years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They've sent something like 400 kids to D1 programs. I think your prediction of their demise is greatly exaggerated.

Not sure, but I do think he played when he was younger. As for yelling, he yells a lot but so did the Looney's coaches. And many others I've heard over the years.

...and if you are posting on what you "heard" and didnt "see" you might want to re-think your approach. What you didnt "see" was a team that played with an unmatched intensity and drive thru every minute of every game by every player on the team. Maybe you dont agree with his style but its hard to argue the outcome.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...and if you are posting on what you "heard" and didnt "see" you might want to re-think your approach. What you didnt "see" was a team that played with an unmatched intensity and drive thru every minute of every game by every player on the team. Maybe you dont agree with his style but its hard to argue the outcome.

people saw 15 year olds beat 13 & 14 year olds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not just 15 year olds but 15 very very close to turning 16 playing against 13 and 14 year olds. This fat pos will do anything to win and I doubt he was a standout as a player. Look at his bio on the Crabs website, he is a total joke as far as thinking he has coached at a high level in the past. Fat crab daddy is about 5 ft 6 in and weights about 270, can't miss him on the sidelines, even when he is not yelling and putting down his players. Some of his former players may have made it to D1 but it wasn't because of him. Probably their hs coaches had a much stronger positive influence on them than the fat pos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. You mentioned he is fat three times. I guess that strengthens your argument that he can't coach and/or his club is no good. You convinced me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not just 15 year olds but 15 very very close to turning 16 playing against 13 and 14 year olds. This fat pos will do anything to win and I doubt he was a standout as a player. Look at his bio on the Crabs website, he is a total joke as far as thinking he has coached at a high level in the past. Fat crab daddy is about 5 ft 6 in and weights about 270, can't miss him on the sidelines, even when he is not yelling and putting down his players. Some of his former players may have made it to D1 but it wasn't because of him. Probably their hs coaches had a much stronger positive influence on them than the fat pos.

he isn't fat, just short for his weight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

he isn't fat, just short for his weight.

I wouldn't say RM is fat but he does have more chins than a Hong Kong telephone directory.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. You mentioned he is fat three times. I guess that strengthens your argument that he can't coach and/or his club is no good. You convinced me.

Correct, three times but only two times that he is a pos, should have mentioned this many more times because. this is what hhe is. What he has done to youth lacrosse is terrible, all for the money
He is the most hated person in youth lacrosse, except for the misguided who has filled thselves with his bs. The whole program is corrupt, lead by the fat pos
Opps,there fat again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct, three times but only two times that he is a pos, should have mentioned this many more times because. this is what hhe is. What he has done to youth lacrosse is terrible, all for the money
He is the most hated person in youth lacrosse, except for the misguided who has filled thselves with his bs. The whole program is corrupt, lead by the fat pos
Opps,there fat again

Not fat, he would be average weight if he was 6'05"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd say the argument against this guy has to do with his new present and not his past. Yes, he was a dominant club. He was able to send kids to D1 schools. He did this alongside a few other clubs, as ALL kids playing lax had a few select programs to go through. NOW, with the rise of a few hundred clubs across the country, he started to lose his footing among lax greatness. Rather than accept that there was more competition, he started to encourage families to derail their kids academic path, leave their grade level friends behind, repeat a year of curriculum they already passed and play down with younger kids on his teams. Voila- he looks like a gem because he can put more pics on his site of champions and the money rolls in. Do some of the kids get D1 spots? You bet- but guess what- those kids are rostered among more than many that didn't need to do so. Talented kids win games and get recruited on their own. Only a business man looking to make money off of a kid would ask them to redo a year of their life. When push comes to shove- those talented kids will fair better as they never had to play down. Talent never needs to play with younger kids. Can you imagine a top school asking their gifted kids to give up their AP classes and repeat a grade so they can get higher scores for the school? That's what these coaches are now doing. It's a desperate move to stay relevant in the lax world and to keep a business stable. Competition became too much and his coaching and club couldn't stay on top with all the other competition. When his teams had to play against their peers, we saw what happens. Crabs need their older players or else they are just a competitive team. Competitive isn't bad, but it certainly wasn't making the owner the money he once was. It's all about money. You can't keep bringing it back to the past, when the club had much less competition to thrive. D1 kids come from all clubs now and most don't need to play with younger kids to do so. It's a sad day when a parent derails their kids academic path for a business. If you truly had faith in your kid, you'd know he could make it on his own. Your decision to have a kid play down speaks volumes to your faith in your kid. Your club owner is smiling though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd say the argument against this guy has to do with his new present and not his past. Yes, he was a dominant club. He was able to send kids to D1 schools. He did this alongside a few other clubs, as ALL kids playing lax had a few select programs to go through. NOW, with the rise of a few hundred clubs across the country, he started to lose his footing among lax greatness. Rather than accept that there was more competition, he started to encourage families to derail their kids academic path, leave their grade level friends behind, repeat a year of curriculum they already passed and play down with younger kids on his teams. Voila- he looks like a gem because he can put more pics on his site of champions and the money rolls in. Do some of the kids get D1 spots? You bet- but guess what- those kids are rostered among more than many that didn't need to do so. Talented kids win games and get recruited on their own. Only a business man looking to make money off of a kid would ask them to redo a year of their life. When push comes to shove- those talented kids will fair better as they never had to play down. Talent never needs to play with younger kids. Can you imagine a top school asking their gifted kids to give up their AP classes and repeat a grade so they can get higher scores for the school? That's what these coaches are now doing. It's a desperate move to stay relevant in the lax world and to keep a business stable. Competition became too much and his coaching and club couldn't stay on top with all the other competition. When his teams had to play against their peers, we saw what happens. Crabs need their older players or else they are just a competitive team. Competitive isn't bad, but it certainly wasn't making the owner the money he once was. It's all about money. You can't keep bringing it back to the past, when the club had much less competition to thrive. D1 kids come from all clubs now and most don't need to play with younger kids to do so. It's a sad day when a parent derails their kids academic path for a business. If you truly had faith in your kid, you'd know he could make it on his own. Your decision to have a kid play down speaks volumes to your faith in your kid. Your club owner is smiling though.

All fair points but its a top down deal not bottom up. College coaches are the making the market by recruiting 8th graders (regardless of age) and club coaches are supplying the best 8th graders. Yes its a business...sorry if you don't like capitalism. Also, its unfair to pigeonhole Crabs when many other clubs are doing the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kid got cut/did not make Crabs--we get that, now go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The poster above was correct and Crabs did ruin the youth lacrosse world in pursuit of money. Hard for some of those have drunk the kool aid to believe the rest of us have faith in our children and will not subject them to being a pawn in RMs game of filling his wallet. Nobody is jealous of Crabs and that is what the Crabs have a hard time understanding. By manipulating the rules in favor of yourselves you have become irrelevant to the rest of us - it is not talent although many of the kids are talented but you have tainted any talent by playing them against younger kids. it all catches up with you over time in more ways than just lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is on age, so are his teammates, they get oustanding coaching, Crabs is way cheaper than any other club program (and they give top of the line helmets and gloves for free to all new players) and he is getting fabulous exposure/competition. Again, sorry your kid did not make it, now please give it a rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is on age, so are his teammates, they get oustanding coaching, Crabs is way cheaper than any other club program (and they give top of the line helmets and gloves for free to all new players) and he is getting fabulous exposure/competition. Again, sorry your kid did not make it, now please give it a rest.

I am sure you are correct about the other stuff but there is no way your complete crabs team is on age. If you start school late it still makes you a year older then everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most Crabs teams have 2-3 kids who have reclassed. The most I have ever heard is a particular team having 5.

Anyone who objects to the reclass phenomenon is justified in doing so. But the Crabs are not guilty of having a team all of reclassed kids, so the venom is a bit misguided (and if you really care that much, Madlax has many more reclassed kids on their teams).

The point is college coaches want the best talent in a particular class, and they don't care if a kid is older or younger. That's the honest truth and if it upsets you, that's fine. But that's not going to change the current system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your son is on one of the younger teams! The reclassify starts around 8th grade, just look what your club did last beach lax! How would your son and you feel if your team brought 6 kids down from the older team for a tournament? Just wait it will happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think Team 91 and the other teams up there are doing this. I think MD teams are into this 1) to try and keep up with the NY teams and 2) because public schools are so awful that most lax kids go private. The holdback thing is big among privates in all sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think Team 91 and the other teams up there are doing this. I think MD teams are into this 1) to try and keep up with the NY teams and 2) because public schools are so awful that most lax kids go private. The holdback thing is big among privates in all sports.

Spoken like a parent who doesn't know what he's talking about. First, the reclass thing is much more prevalent in PA and the NE. Second, Team 91 Crush has at least two reclassed kids, so it happens everywhere. Three, kids reclass for multiple reasons, but it's not because the Crabs can't compete without them.

Generally speaking, parents who send their kids to private schools have higher incomes. For whatever reason, it happens less often in NY partly because those parents generally speaking make less and thus private school is a less attractive option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The poster above was correct and Crabs did ruin the youth lacrosse world in pursuit of money. Hard for some of those have drunk the kool aid to believe the rest of us have faith in our children and will not subject them to being a pawn in RMs game of filling his wallet. Nobody is jealous of Crabs and that is what the Crabs have a hard time understanding. By manipulating the rules in favor of yourselves you have become irrelevant to the rest of us - it is not talent although many of the kids are talented but you have tainted any talent by playing them against younger kids. it all catches up with you over time in more ways than just lacrosse.

I have a son on Crabs and a son on FCA. The FCA team has more holdbacks than the Crabs team. Both of my sons are on age for their grade. What Crabs parents get upset about on here is that Crabs is singled out for having holdbacks. All Baltimore /Maryland teams have holdbacks. So why is all the venom spewed towards Crabs and RM in particular? That's why it comes off as jealousy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently 91 is doing it as well now, not the younger teams but 2020 and up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And I think Summer bdays and held-back kids are more and more prevalent outside the hotbeds. The crazy thing to me is that in my smaller city it's the parents who were big-time DI athletes that hold their kids back!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. My buddy was a D1 lax player and just had a kid on Monday 11-16-15. He plans on holding his son back one maybe two grades. He is 6-3 and his wife is 6 foot. Should be funny in a during the middle school years. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question - does any other club team have the kind of relationship with a school like the Crabs have with Boys Latin? They seem rather cozy....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question - does any other club team have the kind of relationship with a school like the Crabs have with Boys Latin? They seem rather cozy....

fca and calvert hall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a son on Crabs and a son on FCA. The FCA team has more holdbacks than the Crabs team. Both of my sons are on age for their grade. What Crabs parents get upset about on here is that Crabs is singled out for having holdbacks. All Baltimore /Maryland teams have holdbacks. So why is all the venom spewed towards Crabs and RM in particular? That's why it comes off as jealousy.

What grade teams are you talking about. Doubt that FCA has more than Crabs in majority of Teams. Cherry pick a team maybe.... The problem with many in reference to Crabs is the cesspool that Lacrosse has become. RM is one of leading drivers of Holdbacks..He has no problem telling parents that. I have heard him many times giving the same drivel. Now that it is out there many clubs are grabbing these players.
Everyone knows Crabs are the leaders in having holdbacks..The release of Tournament rooster temporary confirmed it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is this roster everyone keeps mentioning? Lets see the birthdates if it really exists...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think RM had a good thing going with the Crabs...a top notch lacrosse program, high level instruction...then his focus shifted from advancing the game of lacrosse and putting the best team on the field to a pure profit motive. The better the Crabs teams perform, the more exposure they get and the more $ he makes from camps, tournaments, etc... Teams are better to some extent because they are older (there are good players held back and on-age)...club lacrosse has become a cesspool and RM is now the ambassador of greed, attempting to hide his greed thru false passion. And please don't get me started on 3D, they are the biggest frauds in the lacrosse world

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fca and calvert hall

Amen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What exactly do you think the relationship is? That they practice there? That a few of the coaches work at BL? It's not like BL kids have an advantage in terms of making the teams. Most teams only have a few BL kids, if that.

FCA and Calvert Hall have a much closer relationship than Crabs and BL. Bob Shriver prior and currently Brian Farrell do not have anything to do with running/coaching Crabs. The Kellys are all over FCAs coaching staffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Harford Mavericks and John Carrol. Maverick are tight with C Milton as well. If you are not on the Mavericks you do not play in HS. Even if you are better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rock and Fallston

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think RM had a good thing going with the Crabs...a top notch lacrosse program, high level instruction...then his focus shifted from advancing the game of lacrosse and putting the best team on the field to a pure profit motive. The better the Crabs teams perform, the more exposure they get and the more $ he makes from camps, tournaments, etc... Teams are better to some extent because they are older (there are good players held back and on-age)...club lacrosse has become a cesspool and RM is now the ambassador of greed, attempting to hide his greed thru false passion. And please don't get me started on 3D, they are the biggest frauds in the lacrosse world

Well said.. Crabs were top notch with their U13AA and U15AA teams..Really good teams and all on age. Now with RM's grade base push, Crabs youth lacrosse has become to many a disgusting display of gaming the system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think since the Crabs are still the biggest draw for most kids despite the FCA program being pretty comparable. They have the most holdbacks of kids that do not need to holdback. Thus, their holdbacks are more advanced than your holdbacks. They have players that are competitive on age, but their parents / program owner wants them to be dominant kids and really standout. They are physically capable of competing with their peers. The other clubs have ample holdbacks as well, but more along the lines of cannot compete with their peers and therefore holdback. The holdbacks are less apparent - physically on other clubs. I have seen this first hand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think since the Crabs are still the biggest draw for most kids despite the FCA program being pretty comparable. They have the most holdbacks of kids that do not need to holdback. Thus, their holdbacks are more advanced than your holdbacks. They have players that are competitive on age, but their parents / program owner wants them to be dominant kids and really standout. They are physically capable of competing with their peers. The other clubs have ample holdbacks as well, but more along the lines of cannot compete with their peers and therefore holdback. The holdbacks are less apparent - physically on other clubs. I have seen this first hand.

That's even more disgusting. Parents and club owners holding their children back to play younger kids for no good reason. That is pathetic. No respect for Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it is interesting that the Crabs seem to have a pretty cozy relationship with BL. How many players on the Crabs go to BL and reclassified. I don't know the answer - but - BL ain't cheap and RM convincing a kids family to hold their kid back a year or too sure doesn't hurt BL's bottom line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously. FCA and Madlax have a ton more holdbacks than Crabs. I would be Dukes has more as well, but not sure about that.

Like Reply Quote
Page 75 of 128 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard