BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 31 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 30 31
Re: Maryland, D.C., Virginia Fall 2015 Summer 2016 Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, the national "rankings" are an art, not a science. Second, those teams are not the same teams right now. Some teams are better, some are worse.

NHSLS has a lot of great teams, many of whom are in the MIAA.

The Madlax one has a lot of great teams, many of whom are in the IAC or WCAC.

Arguing which is better is pointless.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why would anyone have their son play for that lunatic Madlax owner?

So you want to go back to this really. For the 100000 time he is all bark and no bite. He is crazy yes we all know but he is fine do not let deadspin rule your world. Go fight the holdback and reclass fight that is a real problem not the Madlax owner. He has been exposed we all know he is a little crazy. But the teams and other coaches are good to great and no team in NOVA plays more at all the good to great tournaments.

If you ask the people whose kids have played for him, or people who've coached against him, or people who've dealt with him, I think they wouldn't use the words "a little crazy".

You are an amazing apologist.

So once again real crazy is when someone hits/kills/tackles any of these things are full crazy. He wrote a bad email or two lol but if you are leaving what should you care about a email. He yells on the sideline but he is correct with what he is saying and when the kids do what he is yelling about they do better and win. The club has been around sense 1996 and its just as strong or stronger then it ever has been. He is not raising my son. He is just the coach and owner of his club lacrosse team. If this was a college coach maybe you would have a point but even if your kid is on the team he is coaching at the time they have 1 or 2 mins of alone talking time not on the field during the game for a complete season. The other coaches are all great guys and spend time and talk to the boys about life and all that. So once again this is not a pastor or mayor we are talking about its a club owner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you want to go back to this really. For the 100000 time he is all bark and no bite. He is crazy yes we all know but he is fine do not let deadspin rule your world. Go fight the holdback and reclass fight that is a real problem not the Madlax owner. He has been exposed we all know he is a little crazy. But the teams and other coaches are good to great and no team in NOVA plays more at all the good to great tournaments.

If you ask the people whose kids have played for him, or people who've coached against him, or people who've dealt with him, I think they wouldn't use the words "a little crazy".

So once again real crazy is when someone hits/kills/tackles any of these things are full crazy. He wrote a bad email or two lol but if you are leaving what should you care about a email. He yells on the sideline but he is correct with what he is saying and when the kids do what he is yelling about they do better and win. The club has been around sense 1996 and its just as strong or stronger then it ever has been. He is not raising my son. He is just the coach and owner of his club lacrosse team. If this was a college coach maybe you would have a point but even if your kid is on the team he is coaching at the time they have 1 or 2 mins of alone talking time not on the field during the game for a complete season. The other coaches are all great guys and spend time and talk to the boys about life and all that. So once again this is not a pastor or mayor we are talking about its a club owner.

It wasn't just an email or two. He's done the same thing to many different kids and families. And why else do you think he's been fired from every coaching job he's ever had?

Ask some families with older kids and they'll tell you stories.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The national rankings are a joke, after the first three. The MIAA schools beat up on each other and get penalized for it. Numbers 4-9 on the list would all have losing records in the MIAA. Most of these schools play patsy schedules and get challenged once or twice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It wasn't just an email or two. He's done the same thing to many different kids and families. And why else do you think he's been fired from every coaching job he's ever had?

Ask some families with older kids and they'll tell you stories.

I have heard every story twice. He is mean to people on his bad side got it. He is a baby got it. But the product is way above avg. and we play great lacrosse at a very high level. I am sure the owner of Wegmans is a jerk and crazy but I do not care I like the cheese and great meats.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steve Jobs wasn't very nice, should we all stop buying Apple stuff?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, you have not heard every story. You are living in a bubble, posting multiple times a day on this forum, looking for any mention of Madlax.

If Madlax works for you, then I guess you have to find ways to justify paying/playing for a guy who treats people like garbage. Can't wait till he turns on you and you admit you were wrong all along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will someone post the scores from the Battle on the Bay tournament over Halloween weekend for the 2022 age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry that Cabel cut your son and he had to play for lights out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is in college. We left for BW and it was the best decision we ever made.

How's that Madlax VA and MD thing working out?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will someone post the scores from the Battle on the Bay tournament over Halloween weekend for the 2022 age group?

What team you looking for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team you looking for?

Madlax or Bethesda LC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, you have not heard every story. You are living in a bubble, posting multiple times a day on this forum, looking for any mention of Madlax.

If Madlax works for you, then I guess you have to find ways to justify paying/playing for a guy who treats people like garbage. Can't wait till he turns on you and you admit you were wrong all along.

Please tell me the reason he turns on people. I think the first and main reason is when people leave. So if I decide to leave and he is mad I am cool with it.>>>>>>>>>>>>> I left so who cares if he is mad. This is how things work like when your EX girlfriend left you and you where crying and calling her names its like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is in college. We left for BW and it was the best decision we ever made.

How's that Madlax VA and MD thing working out?

Have you ever heard anyone say Blackwolf is not a great club. But you must AGREE they are a Sandbagging club who just emails all the other clubs great players who where taught and developed by another program. I agree they have great players but 99% of those players play at elite private high schools. So they use Blackwolf to play a couple extra high level tournaments a year and then go back and put in the real work with their elite high school team. Also how many kids total play for Blackwolf at a given time. This is a guess but lets say 60 kids for the whole program. So this number leaves tons of great players with a need for a place to play. So what I am saying is you can not compare Blackwolf to any other program. They develop stud players into what a little bit better stud players. With the 5 tournaments if that and 20 practices over a 12 month time frame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the tournament at Landon this Sunday? Should be high quality lacrosse, especially now that football season is over and most teams will be at close to full strength:

Calverton
Hill Academy #1
Hill Academy #2
Georgetown Prep
Gonzaga
Bullis
Paul VI
Severn
Severna Park
Churchill
Landon School
Madlax Nationals
East Coast Showcase Team #1
East Coast Showcase Team #2
East Coast Showcase Team #3
East Coast Showcase Team #4

Hill -- really depends what players they bring. I am guessing it will be their JV team and their freshmen team. None of the preps here would be able to give Hill varsity a good game. Hill JV vs Landon, Gonzaga, Prep would be a good game.

Earlier the Hun School was entered here. I guess they dropped out -- they'd have been an excellent competition for the tournament and is too bad they are not coming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the tournament at Landon this Sunday? Should be high quality lacrosse, especially now that football season is over and most teams will be at close to full strength:

Calverton
Hill Academy #1
Hill Academy #2
Georgetown Prep
Gonzaga
Bullis
Paul VI
Severn
Severna Park
Churchill
Landon School
Madlax Nationals

Hill -- really depends what players they bring. I am guessing it will be their JV team and their freshmen team. None of the preps here would be able to give Hill varsity a good game. Hill JV vs Landon, Gonzaga, Prep would be a good game.

Earlier the Hun School was entered here. I guess they dropped out -- they'd have been an excellent competition for the tournament and is too bad they are not coming.

You know that Gonzaga beat Hill last season 9-8? All are good programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calverton
Hill Academy #1
Hill Academy #2
Georgetown Prep
Gonzaga
Bullis
Paul VI
Severn
Severna Park
Churchill
Landon School
Madlax Nationals

You know that Gonzaga beat Hill last season 9-8? All are good programs

My son is on one of the showcase teams at the bottom. We are just hoping he makes it in one peace and plays well. As a public school kid this is a real chance to play the best of the best and see where he stands.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what amazes me more now...that Madlax keeps putting on dog food showcase events selling it as a steak dinner OR that these college coaches show up to watch and actually stay more than 10 minutes. Some of the fugliest high school lacrosse I have ever seen at Landon today. Wish I'd slept in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Explain why please?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me ball city. Geez, you'd think the club and HS coaches would figure out after watching Hill's JV team pick Landon apart that it is kinda a good idea to move the ball around. This was like watching an NBA all star game the level of team play was so low.

Must only be a matter of time until all these D1 coaches think to themselves on the drive home about what a disaster early recruiting in the DMV has been. When the 10-15 best players in the fields at this tournament are all Hill 8th 9th and 10th graders, it beggars for some reflection.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me ball city. Geez, you'd think the club and HS coaches would figure out after watching Hill's JV team pick Landon apart that it is kinda a good idea to move the ball around. This was like watching an NBA all star game the level of team play was so low.

Must only be a matter of time until all these D1 coaches think to themselves on the drive home about what a disaster early recruiting in the DMV has been. When the 10-15 best players in the fields at this tournament are all Hill 8th 9th and 10th graders, it beggars for some reflection.

Ok I hear you but how is this Madlaxs fault? I think all showcases have MEE ball issues heard from the parents in Philly they said same issue. As for bringing to one school 12 very very good high school teams how is this bad for Madlax and the college coaches coming

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, your right. Putting together 4 pick up teams and charging those families a showcase event fee and then rolling a ball out for those teams to go 0-12 and get out scored 153-15 is just biz as usual for Madlax. Jesus, if you think there were 12 very very good teams there today, you either weren't there or have something in common with Stevie Wonder. It was a disgrace Madlax took the money grab that far down.

I thought the tournament was a bit of an eye opener in that Hill brought only their JV and freshmen teams and we're still able to wipe everybody out. The other major takeaway is the public schools at this tournament and the Madlax Nationals team which was mostly a collection of local public school kids more than held their own today. We are exponentially closer to parity between public and prep teams, which is great for the sport of lacrosse in the DMV. The game has grown and there are top local players staying put at their public schools more than before. Perhaps one of the casualties of the early recruiting are the expensive prep schools for lacrosse. No reason to go to them and spend all that money if recruiting goes well without that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, your right. Putting together 4 pick up teams and charging those families a showcase event fee and then rolling a ball out for those teams to go 0-12 and get out scored 153-15 is just biz as usual for Madlax. Jesus, if you think there were 12 very very good teams there today, you either weren't there or have something in common with Stevie Wonder. It was a disgrace Madlax took the money grab that far down.

I thought the tournament was a bit of an eye opener in that Hill brought only their JV and freshmen teams and we're still able to wipe everybody out. The other major takeaway is the public schools at this tournament and the Madlax Nationals team which was mostly a collection of local public school kids more than held their own today. We are exponentially closer to parity between public and prep teams, which is great for the sport of lacrosse in the DMV. The game has grown and there are top local players staying put at their public schools more than before. Perhaps one of the casualties of the early recruiting are the expensive prep schools for lacrosse. No reason to go to them and spend all that money if recruiting goes well without that.

Well the Hun school dropped out at the last min. Which is not a good look for them. So for the tournament to work correctly they took 4 teams worth of players from the showcase not 2 teams. I think the showcase teams would of done a lot better if they only took the top 44 players which was the original plan. And I would like you to come back to this list of 12 high schools when the preseason national rankings come out. And the state rankings I am going to guess these teams will all be on this list. In some way. This is a off season event please tell me what you would of done better. Only Bit** about a plan if you have a better one to share!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not an accurate statement. That Hill team may have been just their JV guys, maybe a combination of guys. But they played in 3 games, so you can't say they wiped everybody out. Landon was far from impressive, but they - like everyone else - were missing guys. It would have been interesting to see them play Gonzaga or Bullis.

Public schools in VA have gotten better, but there still is a huge gap between the top privates and top publics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Landon will have a tough time replacing the players they graduated. If yesterday was any indicator they will need to seriously improve on d and in goal to win their conference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Landon will be fine. May not finish at #2 in US like last year but solid top ten team with only 2 seniors who will play all that much in 2016. Look for them to be a top nationally ranked team for the next 3 or 4 years given what's in the pipeline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The recruiting pipeline? Doesn't sound like a high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The recruiting pipeline? Doesn't sound like a high school.

Hey did you know these top privates recruit their players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, maybe I just don't follow Ty on Twitter enough. Are kids verbally committing to the Landon admissions process in 7th grade now?

Fairly pathetic look for a $35 grand a year prep school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, maybe I just don't follow Ty on Twitter enough. Are kids verbally committing to the Landon admissions process in 7th grade now?

Fairly pathetic look for a $35 grand a year prep school.

Are you seriously unaware that the prep schools recruit for sports? How many of the football and basketball players do you think could afford to go to those schools?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no idea. I rather thought that at schools where there are less than 100 boys in a class at a school that costs a fortune to run that enabling 5-10 lacrosse and then 10-15 football and then 3-4 basketball recruits a year would...I don't know, maybe CHEAPEN the school? I get it that some local preps have top football teams or basketball. Seems like a dopey investment unless it stokes up alumni giving like for a college. I went to a prep school and couldn't imagine being someone decades removed from high school giving a flying $&&@ about the sports team rankings or record, or using that to make a determination on donating money. I guess this is why I just don't get it with the whole recruiting for high school think. Makes no economic sense for the schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no idea. I rather thought that at schools where there are less than 100 boys in a class at a school that costs a fortune to run that enabling 5-10 lacrosse and then 10-15 football and then 3-4 basketball recruits a year would...I don't know, maybe CHEAPEN the school? I get it that some local preps have top football teams or basketball. Seems like a dopey investment unless it stokes up alumni giving like for a college. I went to a prep school and couldn't imagine being someone decades removed from high school giving a flying $&&@ about the sports team rankings or record, or using that to make a determination on donating money. I guess this is why I just don't get it with the whole recruiting for high school think. Makes no economic sense for the schools.

Not sure what Prep school you went to, but at least in Baltimore, you couldn't be more off base. The amount of Alumni that comes to every football and lacrosse game is amazing. The schools send out weekly alumni emails with results of all the sports team that week. Have you been to a McDonogh vs Gilman football game? To a BL vs St Pauls football game? To a BL vs St. Pauls lacrosse game. Any game between Loyola and Calvert Hall?

Why do you think Heyward Bey personally put in lights at McDonogh's football field? Why do you think that Gilman just put in a new turf field for football? Where do you think the multi-million endowments at these schools come from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, all of that is some news to me. Kind of shocked over that really, but I do believe you there. The DMV preps I am not so sure raise those millions over the sports alums enthusiasm. Baltimore is an odd one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what Prep school you went to, but at least in Baltimore, you couldn't be more off base. The amount of Alumni that comes to every football and lacrosse game is amazing. The schools send out weekly alumni emails with results of all the sports team that week. Have you been to a McDonogh vs Gilman football game? To a BL vs St Pauls football game? To a BL vs St. Pauls lacrosse game. Any game between Loyola and Calvert Hall?

Why do you think Heyward Bey personally put in lights at McDonogh's football field? Why do you think that Gilman just put in a new turf field for football? Where do you think the multi-million endowments at these schools come from?

Spot on..There is a reason that these Baltimore small enrollment schools have such great sports team..It isnt only the food they fed them there.. One of downsides is that after paying 9 years of full tuition and you are ready for son or daughter to play varsity...They bring in a stud or studesss on a scholarship who will never let you start the rest of your time at school. And that does happen as I have talked to several pissed off parents... But oh well the Alumni get to watch top talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spot on..There is a reason that these Baltimore small enrollment schools have such great sports team..It isnt only the food they fed them there.. One of downsides is that after paying 9 years of full tuition and you are ready for son or daughter to play varsity...They bring in a stud or studesss on a scholarship who will never let you start the rest of your time at school. And that does happen as I have talked to several pissed off parents... But oh well the Alumni get to watch top talent.

Well that makes my day the rich guy who paied 30K a year for middle and high school for his kid. Had his son beat out for Varsity by a poor kid from DC. Let me think if I am going to lose any sleep over this. This is the most white privilege statement I have ever read. Your kid will get Millions when you die. I think he will live sitting on the bench because the poor kid is better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Might be better if lacrosse goes to the academy soccer model where the kids in that system don't play for their schools. Kids who want it and parents who will pay all out for it can go and focus on that and get what they want out of the sport. To spend $30K on a private school for 4 or 13 years should be for reasons other than a sport. And the other poster is right, high school sports like lacrosse shouldn't be sullied by recruiting basically carving kids out of the sport at their schools. If alums base their contributions to a prep school based in the sports teams, that explains a lot. The endowments at MIAA schools aren't very high, the college matriculations from those schools is weak (for a laugh look at BL's over the last 5-10 years), and it seems to me pretty close to 100% of MIAA grads return to Baltimore after college...mostly because better professional careers aren't awaiting them elsewhere. Do you guys like to sit at the bar in Mt Washington talking about the team of '78? Cougars love that. Not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Might be better if lacrosse goes to the academy soccer model where the kids in that system don't play for their schools. Kids who want it and parents who will pay all out for it can go and focus on that and get what they want out of the sport. To spend $30K on a private school for 4 or 13 years should be for reasons other than a sport. And the other poster is right, high school sports like lacrosse shouldn't be sullied by recruiting basically carving kids out of the sport at their schools. If alums base their contributions to a prep school based in the sports teams, that explains a lot. The endowments at MIAA schools aren't very high, the college matriculations from those schools is weak (for a laugh look at BL's over the last 5-10 years), and it seems to me pretty close to 100% of MIAA grads return to Baltimore after college...mostly because better professional careers aren't awaiting them elsewhere. Do you guys like to sit at the bar in Mt Washington talking about the team of '78? Cougars love that. Not.

There are so many fallacies in this statement, I don't even know where to begin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...says the commercial real estate salesman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mark Teixeira donated a gym to Mt. St. Joes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tex donated $1M. Vinny Smith '84, donated $5M, thus the name Smith Center.

Page 10 of 31 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard