BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,111
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Re: Boys 2025-3rd Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lots of chatter for 3rd grade lax, and it's only fall ball...be nice if we just kept it positive.

I agree. I also would like to add that I think Express North did a great job. I was impressed with their settled offense and how well they moved the ball. I saw them at Blatant and whoa huge improvement in teamwork in a short period of time. Not saying Blatant was bad, just that they were much more polished at Yale. Kudos. Plus one of those boys has a killer shot. Saw him wind up and before I knew it I saw the net in the back of the cage billowing out from the impact. Nice shot young man.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im not sure what game you were watching, i was standing on the sidelines with 3 -4 express parents around me, and they were screaming their heads off "Pass the ball, Pass the ball" and I remember that goal by the midfielder , that kid never passed the whole game and apparently never does based on the commenst by the parents . I can tell you this Expree North- you are not going to win games with one guy ruinning the ball up the field with no passing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im not sure what game you were watching, i was standing on the sidelines with 3 -4 express parents around me, and they were screaming their heads off "Pass the ball, Pass the ball" and I remember that goal by the midfielder , that kid never passed the whole game and apparently never does based on the commenst by the parents . I can tell you this Expree North- you are not going to win games with one guy ruinning the ball up the field with no passing

Interesting. Who won that game?

Also pretty clear this is an express parent. Get junior on the wall so maybe the boys will have confidence he can catch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is priceless- one express parent complimenting his child on a blog- that is sad - thats great- your son scored a nice goal against a 3rd grade team and then you have another parent saying he doesnt pass- you cant make that up, that sounds like good old fashion internal fighting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a great day at yale. Leave it at that. Kids competed, played well. Dont be a sh** stirrer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Pass the ball".......Translation....."Pass the ball to my kid"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone remember the score on the 91 vs Superstars 2024? I know it was a 1 goal game but don't remember the score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone remember the score on the 91 vs Superstars 2024? I know it was a 1 goal game but don't remember the score.

4-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is a phenomenal score- superstars had some really really big 4th graders - big - they pushed around express north and beat them by 4 goals - good job 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is a phenomenal score- superstars had some really really big 4th graders - big - they pushed around express north and beat them by 4 goals - good job 91

Thanks Kool-Aid drinking 91 Daddy

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe try and beat Legacy first before the chest thumping

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe try and beat Legacy first before the chest thumping

Big day for them Saturday, based on that showing, I'd be careful what you are wishing for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4-3

Thanks much!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4-3

Thanks much!

Any time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8 ye old lax
And we are worried about the score of one game
Come on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8 ye old lax
Come on

I think the line was 91 +10 so they covered the spread! LOL!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
8 ye old lax
Come on

LMAO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8 ye old lax
Come on

Very clever genius. Right after you're finished patting yourself on the back for that heck of a zinger please do tell us what you think would be an appropriate lacrosse question on a lacrosse forum. Stock tips? BBQ recipes? If you're offended by a question about the score of a game you probably need to stop reading and HOPEFULLY stop commenting.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
At this age just enjoy watching ur kid play
Don't get to caught up in wins and loses
They have 6 yrs until they are even in high school
A large number of them will not even play hs lax
The time with your young ones goes fast

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gg1j18
At this age just enjoy watching ur kid play
Don't get to caught up in wins and loses
They have 6 yrs until they are even in high school
A large number of them will not even play hs lax
The time with your young ones goes fast

See but when their coach comes out and tells the parents that they will never lose a game in their age group it is all about winning for them. Sure, they are a good team but when the coach puts that much pressure on 8 year olds he is going to take some heat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even better when he posts on social media HIS team went 4-0 this weekend.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
And he should take heat

It takes a high level of hubris to make a statement like
Is it safe to say he runs with a short bench and som kids do not see the field
Tender age they are at - youth coaching is about more than wins
You are molding young kids and teaching them lessons far reaching what happens on the field

Some will be all in and as pointed out above and drink the kool aid
And some will be gone after this season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And he should take heat

You are molding young kids and teaching them lessons far reaching what happens on the field

This Kool Aid is tasty! And certainly tastier than the other flavor out there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8 ye old lax
Come on

Very clever genius. Right after you're finished patting yourself on the back for that heck of a zinger please do tell us what you think would be an appropriate lacrosse question on a lacrosse forum. Stock tips? BBQ recipes? If you're offended by a question about the score of a game you probably need to stop reading and HOPEFULLY stop commenting.

Would you like my mamas recipe for Coca-Cola rib glaze?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8 ye old lax
Come on

Would you like my mamas recipe for Coca-Cola rib glaze?

I would like that. It would be more useful than some of the crap posted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And he should take heat

I like that. Put in the effort and you get to play. Don't put in the effort and you don't get to play. Like it or not, thats life. It is a good life lesson. No participation trophies. Work hard and earn it, or don't and you can sit on the sideline and [lacrosse] about it with the other people who didn't. If my kid doesn't play, we both know why. We know it's not the coaches fault. No surprises. No drama. Either work harder or don't. As parents we do the same thing with academics as well as other activities. It's not about teaching them lacrosse. Lacrosse is a sport. It is about teaching them to work hard at whatever is important to them. I could give a [lacrosse] about any sport, lacrosse included, beyond their educational value as a learning tool for life's lessons; hard work, teamwork and working towards a goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And he should take heat

I like that. Put in the effort and you get to play. Don't put in the effort and you don't get to play. Like it or not, thats life. It is a good life lesson. No participation trophies. Work hard and earn it, or don't and you can sit on the sideline and [lacrosse] about it with the other people who didn't. If my kid doesn't play, we both know why. We know it's not the coaches fault. No surprises. No drama. Either work harder or don't. As parents we do the same thing with academics as well as other activities. It's not about teaching them lacrosse. Lacrosse is a sport. It is about teaching them to work hard at whatever is important to them. I could give a [lacrosse] about any sport, lacrosse included, beyond their educational value as a learning tool for life's lessons; hard work, teamwork and working towards a goal.

Best response i've ever read on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe people thought it would be different. He has a reputation of coaching some excellent teams. However, those teams are already comprised of the best kids on the grade level, so it makes coaching easy. He also has a reputation for playing 15 kids, with 10 of them getting the lion's share and 5 more never seeing more than a minute or two per game and 5 more after that riding the bench. It's funny how everyone loves to say that their kid plays on the top team, but won't tell you what position or how much. I guess it makes water cooler talk a little better for them. Also, did everyone really think he was going to put his full effort into this team? His daughter plays on this team and he's registered as a 2025 Yellow Jackets coach (girls team). The writing is on the wall. He put his name on as a coach so the whole grade level wouldn't leave after last season's debacle. I wish you all luck and hope it all works out for you, but just be careful what you wish for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe people thought it would be different. He has a reputation of coaching some excellent teams. However, those teams are already comprised of the best kids on the grade level, so it makes coaching easy. He also has a reputation for playing 15 kids, with 10 of them getting the lion's share and 5 more never seeing more than a minute or two per game and 5 more after that riding the bench. It's funny how everyone loves to say that their kid plays on the top team, but won't tell you what position or how much. I guess it makes water cooler talk a little better for them. Also, did everyone really think he was going to put his full effort into this team? His daughter plays on this team and he's registered as a 2025 Yellow Jackets coach (girls team). The writing is on the wall. He put his name on as a coach so the whole grade level wouldn't leave after last season's debacle. I wish you all luck and hope it all works out for you, but just be careful what you wish for.

So far, its awesome baby! and the rest of the staff are not slouches!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There must be about 20, 3rd grade club teams on long island. It seems that 1 team is always the topic of conversation on this site. Why is that. People should focus their energy on their own kids team. Period. To be so fixated on another 3rd grade team, that your son isn't even on, is crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And he should take heat

I agree with the 2nd half of your post. I can never agree with kids not seeing the field. That's demoralizing and has no place on youth sports, my opinion. Kids should be rewarded for working hard and that reward must be paid by praise and a few extra minutes in a game. Those small rewards are the very life lesson that should be taught. If the hard work isn't rewarded than the life lesson learned is zero. Keep in mind... I am sure every kid thinks they working hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe people thought it would be different. He has a reputation of coaching some excellent teams. However, those teams are already comprised of the best kids on the grade level, so it makes coaching easy. .

If you'd ever seen JS coach you would know this isn't the case. He works harder, all the time, than all of his players. He picks apart every detail. And if you don't pay attention to those details, yes, you're on the bench.

He also has a reputation for playing 15 kids, with 10 of them getting the lion's share and 5 more never seeing more than a minute or two per game and 5 more after that riding the bench.

See above. He told the kids and the parents this on the first practice. It should be no surprise to anyone.

It's funny how everyone loves to say that their kid plays on the top team, but won't tell you what position or how much. I guess it makes water cooler talk a little better for them.

My child worked harder and learned more in one practice with JS than the entire summer before. So yeah, I could see sticking with him even with little or no playing time. Fortunately my kid isn't in that position - at least not now - but we would consider staying if the situation is reversed just for the practices.

Also, did everyone really think he was going to put his full effort into this team? His daughter plays on this team and he's registered as a 2025 Yellow Jackets coach (girls team). The writing is on the wall. He put his name on as a coach so the whole grade level wouldn't leave after last season's debacle. I wish you all luck and hope it all works out for you, but just be careful what you wish for.

He put his name on it because his daughter is playing for the team. He's been at every practice. He's run every practice. And the kids practice a lot. Whatever his other commitments are, and sure they're sizable, he's doing the right thing by 2025 Orange. By my estimation of his character, I wouldn't expect anything less. If his daughter eventually transitions to girls, 2025 Orange still has 3 additional amazing varsity coaches. Sure, JS will be missed but all the coaches work hard and the tone will already be set. They are excellent coaches in their own right and my kid really likes working for them.

Lastly, lets spend less time worrying about how 2025 Orange is coached. You're where you want to be and hopefully you're happy. Seems like the 2025 Orange parents are happy. I know Im happy, and more importantly, my child is happy. So we can all agree on different strokes for different folks. But there is really no need to talk trash about JS. He's not your kids coach, and by the sound of things, you're probably happy about that. We're happy, you're happy - lets move on and all be happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There must be about 20, 3rd grade club teams on long island. It seems that 1 team is always the topic of conversation on this site. Why is that. People should focus their energy on their own kids team. Period. To be so fixated on another 3rd grade team, that your son isn't even on, is crazy.

Couldn't agree more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more.

Agreed. Lots of heavy breathing for 3rd grade lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for JS on 2025 Orange. I can't speak for anyone else, but my son is very happy. He has had other coaches in the past that he loved, but this time it is different. He loves and RESPECTS JS. He works harder in practice now more than ever. He listens intently in practice and works at home to improve his skills. My son recognizes that Coach JS is different. Call it talent, call it character or call it both. JS has been a dedicated coach and a great influence on my son in a short amount of time. We can only hope that he sticks with this team, but we'll take what we can get. I recognize the importance of a year. Thanks JS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who really cares?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for JS on 2025 Orange. I can't speak for anyone else, but my son is very happy. He has had other coaches in the past that he loved, but this time it is different. He loves and RESPECTS JS. He works harder in practice now more than ever. He listens intently in practice and works at home to improve his skills. My son recognizes that Coach JS is different. Call it talent, call it character or call it both. JS has been a dedicated coach and a great influence on my son in a short amount of time. We can only hope that he sticks with this team, but we'll take what we can get. I recognize the importance of a year. Thanks JS.

Nice work of fiction....you and your tails are fooling know one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Loves and respects"??? He's 8. Sounds like daddy has a crush on coach. Creepy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
P

So,true, sure the kid likes playing for the team but at 8 those are not your priorities. I know that creepy dad say his son knows JS is different. Different then what? Different then the crackpot dad he has. Different then his PAL coach? Different then Han Solo? I mean really, everything you wrote is BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
P

So,true, sure the kid likes playing for the team but at 8 those are not your priorities. I know that creepy dad say his son knows JS is different. Different then what? Different then the crackpot dad he has. Different then his PAL coach? Different then Han Solo? I mean really, everything you wrote is BS.

To you it's BS. How would you know exactly? Divine inspiration? Or maybe you're the creepy person peeking in on little kids?

My kid also thinks JS is the best coach and has seen enough coaches to know the differnce. Specifically wanted to try out for 91 because he was there - and to be fair, mainly because of the NY Lizards; we go to a lot of games. So far, very happy. Even knows what days practice is on and gets ready for practice without being told. If that isn't 8 year old "love" then maybe you don't know what that is?

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard