BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 44 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express got much better after he left. Not saying his departure was the he reason they got better. Time wil tell.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ambush will turn it around when Berry gets full control. That has been the intention all along. You get so many years to make a team work , after no success even a director will have no choice but to implement a new leader.

Congrats to Ambush. Three wins all fall. Please stop you sound silly at this point.

I happened to keep an eye on their games. Hate to say it but if they keep this up, all winter and have a solid spring, this will be a powerful team.
Looks like 91 Ambush is finding there way. They beat LIE North 7-3, Beat Necks Orange 6-3, & gave PT there only tuff game of the day with a 6-4 loss.
At least they have the guts to move up and take a beating. They crushed every team in the B bracket, and went to the finals in an A bracket last summer. I would much rather get beat as a A and learn, than get a stupid T Shirt in a B. Many a team has dropped down to B just for that reason.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good post.
2021 Teams that look very strong this Fall - no order:
Igloo
Express
Icon
Crabs
Bethesda
Annapolis Hawks
Green Turtle
Eclipse
Prime Time

There are likely some others - expect Carolina Cannons to be very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good post.
2021 Teams that look very strong this Fall - no order:
Igloo
Express
Icon
Crabs
Bethesda
Annapolis Hawks
Green Turtle
Eclipse
Prime Time

There are likely some others - expect Carolina Cannons to be very good.

You may mean the Team Carolina 2021 team (fka S. Charlotte Cyclones), who are very good and went to WSYL last Summer and only lost by 1 goal to Igloo. Cannons is a very good program, however.

Who's Mad Dog West, who did well at Summer Young Guns and also lost by 1 to Igloo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Annapolis hawks seem to be out place.

c2c Dallas and Edge are also in that mix though the top teams are much better. Also depends how much cheating is happening with the age group. 15 year old should not be playing 2021.

Crabs team is an embarrassment to the sport for abusing the age rules. Should be addressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
April 2nd & 3rd the power houses:

Black Ice, 91, Express, Icon, Eclipse,Primetime & Laxachusettes with play at the regionals for WSYL in Massachusettes. This will definitely give us more info on where teams stand.

June 11th & 12th:

91, Express, Eclipse, Primetime, Crabs & Laxachusettes will be In Pa. Igloo & Icon should enter and it would be out of this world.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Annapolis Hawks won NYPLL championship over Crabs and Bethesda last year and also beat Koopers and Green Turtle. They belong there...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs has 2 kids held back for 2 years and another 5 kids held back for one year. Confirmed when birth dates were accidentally distributed before fall tourney in Maryland . Sad for growth of the game....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs has 2 kids held back for 2 years and another 5 kids held back for one year. Confirmed when birth dates were accidentally distributed before fall tourney in Maryland . Sad for growth of the game....
If that's true it is a disgrace! I am pretty sure that if my son was playing with 10 year olds he would be unstoppable. With 11 year olds completely dominant. I certainly wouldn't be puffing my chest out like my kid was some phenom. Never mind the safety aspects how about personal pride? Sad state of affairs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It just means they need to roster older kids to compete with all the other teams. Play your game and put the Crabs to shame. Their reputation has gotten so pathetic that games against them are almost irrelevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It just means they need to roster older kids to compete with all the other teams. Play your game and put the Crabs to shame. Their reputation has gotten so pathetic that games against them are almost irrelevant.

But they are in 2021 right???? LOL ....... AGE NOT GRADE BASED MAKES SENSE NO???

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheaters will always find a way to cheat.

But they are in 2021 right???? LOL ....... AGE NOT GRADE BASED MAKES SENSE NO???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks do belong.

I know it's a first-world problem, but we all know that it's not cool for your kids to work hard, hit the wall, practice hard, etc., and then not see success on the field in some games just because the other team is older and bigger.

But it's not just the Crabs. If everyone is playing older kids (i.e., older than 9/1 cutoff), it's a bit disingenuous to complain about the team that is just doing it more. My perception is that there is not an AA 2021 team in the country with only on-age kids. That's why [lacrosse]'s and WSYL have 5/1 and 6/1 age cutoffs. I would be most AA teams have 5-10 "older" kids. Full year holdbacks may be rare, but I think parents holding back Spring/Summer birthdays has become very common in metro areas, not just Md. Maybe it's a private school thing, of course, as many metro areas have affluent in-city neighborhoods where private schools attract more kids.

The average bday of my 2021 team is 2/1/03. Replace my 5 youngest kids with 5 Summer 2002 birthdays and the average age of my team moves 3 months earlier to 11/1/02. Replace 10 youngest kids with 10 Summer 2002 birthdays and average age moves to 9/1/02. I don't think those age differences are unsafe or the end of the world, but folks are crazy if they don't think those extra months on average don't affect gameplay on the field - especially when you are talking about 13 olds just starting to hit growth spurts. Anyway, /rant off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard not to through Igloo in this picture as I saw a player this past weekend now play for a 2020 team which played on the 2021 team last year, if he is fact a 2020 kid then they cheated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo won [lacrosse]'s with the then 9/1 cut-off date. Not sure whey [lacrosse]'s and WYSL went to 5/1 - 6/1. Maybe because of the Crabs? And the Crabs lost to Crush. So didnt help them much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[lacrosse]'s last year was 8/1 and [lacrosse]'s has no grade rule.

The biggest, most athletic 2020 in my area (playing up to varsity in 3 sports) has a June birthday and could play with my "U13" team in 13 months at [lacrosse]'s. Ridiculous.

Again, I think most travel teams from big cities have multiple summer birthdays. That must be why [lacrosse]'s changed and WSYL picked 5/1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo won [lacrosse]'s with the then 9/1 cut-off date. Not sure whey [lacrosse]'s and WYSL went to 5/1 - 6/1. Maybe because of the Crabs? And the Crabs lost to Crush. So didnt help them much.

I believe the Pa school cutoff date is 6/1. Which would make many of their players ineligible for the tourneys. That puts Pa teams 5 months ahead of our cutoff of 11/15 or 12/1 whatever it is, our middle to younger 2021's would be their older 2022's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

c2c Dallas and Edge are also in that mix though the top teams are much better. Also depends how much cheating is happening with the age group. 15 year old should not be playing 2021.

Crabs team is an embarrassment to the sport for abusing the age rules. Should be addressed.

Crabs team is an embarrassment? The ENTIRE Edge lacrosse team is at least one year older than the bracket they play in. That program should be barred from coming down to America and not playing in the appropriate division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs team is an embarrassment? The ENTIRE Edge lacrosse team is at least one year older than the bracket they play in. That program should be barred from coming down to America and not playing in the appropriate division.

I agree that Edge should be banned from US tournaments but two wrongs don't make it right. Crabs is an embarrassment but the pushback you get from the program and parents is that they are playing by the existing rules. That pos fat crab daddy would never ban Edge as he wants the money. I would love to see him show the rosters for all of their teams providing the date of birth for all players,, not their names just date of birth, but that will never happen. And some on here are talking about Looney's parents, take a look at the Crab parents, just plain disgusting in every way. They are the followers of the fat Crab cult leader.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Team Carolina be able to abide by the 100 mile radius rule for all players? Means kids from Raleigh cannot play for Charlotte based team......

Good rule - to keep Clubs with multiple locations from combining teams - ie. madlax national or 3d national or Team 91 NY/MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"just plain disgusting in every way" is a rather broad generalization of a rather diverse group of parents. I don't think this is a supportable statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Team Carolina be able to abide by the 100 mile radius rule for all players? Means kids from Raleigh cannot play for Charlotte based team......

Good rule - to keep Clubs with multiple locations from combining teams - ie. madlax national or 3d national or Team 91 NY/MD.

It's funny but one rule where WSYL actually is ahead of U.S. Lacrosse, whose U15 Nationals keep getting won by all-star teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous to go to a 5/1 cutoff. The absolute most should be a July 1.. But in the world of holdbacks I guess 5/1 is better than no date..just grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous to go to a 5/1 cutoff. The absolute most should be a July 1.. But in the world of holdbacks I guess 5/1 is better than no date..just grade

5/1 might help a little but real talent will thrive even with this cutoff. As the previous poster stated- you saw what happens when the Crabs had to roster their kids according to a somewhat fair cut off. Just goes to show some teams can only compete using older kids. I can't imagine Crabs will want to unload another team to show their true colors again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Crabs fan here, but this comment is silly. What happened when Crabs played on age, was that they showed they were the 2nd bets team in country....sorry - I don't like them either, but that aint too bad. Only 20 boys on Team 91 Crush - I would like to think it is worth having all of these other teams play the sport. 2nd is not bad at WSYL - for sure.

Crush is undisputed of course.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Crabs fan here, but this comment is silly. What happened when Crabs played on age, was that they showed they were the 2nd bets team in country....sorry - I don't like them either, but that aint too bad. Only 20 boys on Team 91 Crush - I would like to think it is worth having all of these other teams play the sport. 2nd is not bad at WSYL - for sure.

Crush is undisputed of course.

WSYL was a ball of fun- but if there were teams that were not there that could have changed the championship game teams. Crush is a definite, but when Crabs don't have older players, Looneys, Express, Legacy, etc are all quite competitive. Yes, Crabs are good, but the older players are difference makers which is why they cut their 2020 kids to bring down 2019 kids this year. There are many teams just as good as Crabs without older players. I don't think that's silly at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, but those other teams were not there.....and probably because they had kids who were too old to attend.....LI teams perhaps not, but Looneys probably has couple - most Maryland Teams do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, but those other teams were not there.....and probably because they had kids who were too old to attend.....LI teams perhaps not, but Looneys probably has couple - most Maryland Teams do.

Breaking news: All the LI teams have holdbacks. They couldn't take the MD cheating ways, so decided to join them. Nice morals. Great caracter! Igloo, Crush , Express, Legacy, outlaws are just a few that I know for sure harbor holdbacks. You can't complain when your team is doing the same thing. Even if it's just one kid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no clue. All these teams don't have holdbacks. Maybe some but not all.

Breaking news: All the LI teams have holdbacks. They couldn't take the MD cheating ways, so decided to join them. Nice morals. Great caracter! Igloo, Crush , Express, Legacy, outlaws are just a few that I know for sure harbor holdbacks. You can't complain when your team is doing the same thing. Even if it's just one kid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh yea, which ones dont? I know for a fact the ones I mentioned do. And so does anyone else in the know. I'd love to name names, but unfortunately its not allowed here!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the difference is, most LI holdbacks are Fall birthdays- still making them on age in MD and other states. Those that may be older would probably ALL make the cut off set by WSYL. I hate to say it, but if things don't change, LI will probably join them- after all club ball is business. Can you imagine what Crush would look like if they had Extreme and Orange 2019 kids rostered? That'd just be ridiculous, but it does happen in other states. Either way, I think all competitive teams will do fine at the WSYL even with the 5/1 cut off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know for a fact at least one of these teams don't have any hold backs

Oh yea, which ones dont? I know for a fact the ones I mentioned do. And so does anyone else in the know. I'd love to name names, but unfortunately its not allowed here!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just because these are the best Long Island teams it does not mean they have holdbacks. One of these teams you mention have only a few big kids. That team has no hold back. The holdbacks people are talking about are the ones that look like they belong in 8th or 9 th grade and don't look like kids but more like adults. Those kids probably have 2001 or early 2002 birthdates. No one is complaining about the tiny kids with October or November 2003 birthdates. One or two holdbacks on a team although wrong is manageable but those teams off Long Island have at least half the team that looks older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't matter if the kid is big or small. It doesn't matter if there are 1 or 10. It's wrong! Don't you get it. If your team has even 1 holdback. You are not aloud to complain. You're breaking the unofficial rules. It is not ok to cheat a little bit! And once again, every single one of those teams has holdbacks. You need to understand your team is no different from any other and stop complaining!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the whining and crying over youth lacrosse. I cant wait to hear you all [lacrosse] about your kid not varsity because an 18 year old senior is better than your 14 yr old freshmen. Guess what who cares about holdbacks and bs. kids can play or they cant!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a child is a late 2002 birthday and in the class of 2021 he/she is not a hold back.Many parents do this as a plus for academics. Why not, I have a child who is a late Oct birthday, not great in sports and even if we held him back he would have done a little better on the field but i think even a little better in the classroom where it really counts. Stop the complaining about the fall holdbacks it is not that much of a difference it is those kids who are actually in the class of 2020 that are cheating. If a team is found out to have a child in the grade above that team should be banned from tourney's period just don't let them play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All those teams you mention don't have holdbacks. One I know for a fact does not. The others I have no idea. I find it hard to believe you just happen to know the age of kids on other teams. You are grouping the best teams together and assuming they all have holdbacks when they don't.

It doesn't matter if the kid is big or small. It doesn't matter if there are 1 or 10. It's wrong! Don't you get it. If your team has even 1 holdback. You are not aloud to complain. You're breaking the unofficial rules. It is not ok to cheat a little bit! And once again, every single one of those teams has holdbacks. You need to understand your team is no different from any other and stop complaining!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All those teams you mention don't have holdbacks. One I know for a fact does not. The others I have no idea. I find it hard to believe you just happen to know the age of kids on other teams. You are grouping the best teams together and assuming they all have holdbacks when they don't.

Agreed. ALL of the don't.

But for another I won't mention, I guess you don't consider pre-k redshirts, holdbacks...as a another poster from the OP and former parent of one of these teams, I agree with the OP. I have seen the puberty levels of two players back in 5th grade and had conversations with the parents as well. It wasn't what they were fed, it wasn't a case of 'early puberty'. The parents learned from the situation of older children in the program. The old 'do it before school begins!'. Very disheartening at the time - and the rest of the team still thinks they're naturals.

And when it comes down to it, I wish I knew back then what I know now because my son has a late birthday. It's still a case of one-upmanship and taking advantage of private school rules. Oh well, that's life. Live and learn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. ALL of the don't.

But for another I won't mention, I guess you don't consider pre-k redshirts, holdbacks...as a another poster from the OP and former parent of one of these teams, I agree with the OP. I have seen the puberty levels of two players back in 5th grade and had conversations with the parents as well. It wasn't what they were fed, it wasn't a case of 'early puberty'. The parents learned from the situation of older children in the program. The old 'do it before school begins!'. Very disheartening at the time - and the rest of the team still thinks they're naturals.

And when it comes down to it, I wish I knew back then what I know now because my son has a late birthday. It's still a case of one-upmanship and taking advantage of private school rules. Oh well, that's life. Live and learn.

My son is an October birthday, and is on a good "B" team at his grade level. I never considered putting him into school a year later because his preschool teachers said he was ready for kindergarten. I mean come on, have a 5 year old be bored for another year just so he may have a chance at a scholarship? I'm more concerned with him getting good grades, and getting better at lax. Nobody ever looked back and said how good somebody was in 8th grade!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live in Connecticut. My kid just turned 16. But the other parents love it because now my son can drive his 2021 teammates to practice. All good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, classy Long Islander. Another organization can field a quality team and I am going to cry about it. Sounds like this Dad is a little worried.

Page 23 of 44 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard