BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 42 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
good luck to her @ Nassau CC?

Whoever you are u deserve that guy to walk up to your door and punch you in the face in front of your wife and kids...you my anonymous friend are a tool

I agree.. Some jealousy out there.. I am certain that her/he life is very sad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sheila Nesselbush, Northwestern:
2015: One of just two position players to start all 21 games ... All-Big Ten ... IWLCA Second-Team All-West/Midwest ... Named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week on February 9 ... Proved to be the Wildcats' most consistent player end to end, leading the Wildcats with 36 ground balls, finishing second with 65 draw controls and ranking fourth on the team with 27 goals ... Ranked fifth in the Big Ten in draw controls per game (3.10) ... Recorded nine multi-goal games, including three hat tricks and a career-high four goals in Northwestern's 16-11 NCAA Tournament win over Notre Dame ... Led the Wildcats with a pair of goals and an assist in the NCAA Tournament quarterfinals against No. 1 Maryland ... Had a season-high seven draw controls against Marquette and Penn State ... Picked up a season-high four ground balls against Syracuse and at Notre Dame ... Scored a pair of game-winning goals and finished the season 7-for-10 on free-position opportunities ... Academic All-Big Ten.

MAJOR: ENGINEERING

So no, they r not all the bench sitters. I will happily find plenty more there, at Stanford, Duke, Princeton and others if you like. Some schools are a great mix of academics and great lacrosse. Others not so much. But to wave your hand indiscriminately over everyone does a disservice to some of these amazing young women that are accomplishing great things on and off the field.

(Cue the snarky "Thanks mom" comments)

Don't be so sensitive. Topic started out saying that many schools want to guide you in to certain majors. There is one top 10 team that has half of their seniors still listed as undecided. To the young lady listed above congratulations. For the majority of others who are not 5 star studs its safe to say that they might be guided to lesser majors

Was in respones to this ...
Look at games and minutes played. The "players" are all in the easy majors. Looks like the bottom of the roster might be the engineer missing some team functions and maybe receiving very little or no athletic money. Playing and a degree from these schools is great but not at the expense of a long term career goal of being an engineer architect doctor or nurse

There are some places that allow both. It isn't easy. But it can be done. But you must have good academics to get into these types of institutions and be outstanding student/athletes. Most cannot do both, either because many schools won't let them, or because it is very difficult even if they let you. But lets also remember that the vast majority of lax players (even w 4.0s and 1600 SATs) wouldn't get into Harvard or Stanford etc. That's just how it is. So thank you lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did you just call him a DK?...or a [lacrosse]?...oh, same thing...

Now THAT'S funny.... LI LAX Dad Humor... and it counts!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"you troll" We have all heard that one many times now. Anyone notice it is the same miserable person on this string day after day. He loves the word "troll" (he must be very intelligent with such a large vocabulary) There are more decent people in the lacrosse world than the few lunatics who come on here day after day and do their best to make the lacrosse community think we are all like him. It is getting more and more obvious that it is a few of the same idiots on here who do nothing but talk down about everyone and everything. He would like to see all these girls and their families fail. Sorry to disappoint you Mr. Troll but no matter how much you come on here and try and bad-mouth everyone that breathes, cream rises to the top! Good luck to all of these very talented girls and their supportive families!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before I get called a troll or whatever ,does it concern anyone that the recruiting for the TG 2017 and 2018 did not seem to be very strong as in 1) not a high number of kids, 29 for both years 2) not a lot of high caliber lacrosse schools 3)other than a few ivies (which is awesome) not a lot of high level academic schools. Add in that while other clubs have 19's committing and getting a lot of interest TG not so much.Seems as if the 2015-2016 groups were in line with other clubs but since has fallen off. Am I reading too much into it or should I be concerned.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As more and more girls lacrosse programs pop up - or smaller clubs get stronger - I believe the talent level will drop off across the board. YJ does draw the most talent, but in my opinion - is expensive. Look at the boys' side from 5 years ago to today. Many small clubs are having a hard time keeping up with the bigger clubs. It is unfortunate that small clubs - who try to keep prices down - get beaten badly at tournaments and ripped apart here by people who can afford the big time clubs. For some it is who you play for, and how much are you paying. People complain about driving on the turnpike. How about driving an hour to practices and having to stay at those practices because you don't have time to drive home and back if you need to. Parents with more than 1 child athlete are wearing themselves out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Troll...why are you posting this on the 2020 forum?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before I get called a troll or whatever ,does it concern anyone that the recruiting for the TG 2017 and 2018 did not seem to be very strong as in 1) not a high number of kids, 29 for both years 2) not a lot of high caliber lacrosse schools 3)other than a few ivies (which is awesome) not a lot of high level academic schools. Add in that while other clubs have 19's committing and getting a lot of interest TG not so much.Seems as if the 2015-2016 groups were in line with other clubs but since has fallen off. Am I reading too much into it or should I be concerned.

Colleges recruit players... some clubs have more players than others... if your daughter can play. TG, YJ, Elevate they will be found* and recruited.
*Found = a whole lot of work/emails/visits/camps/clinics/prospect days done by the player and parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yeah should a parent go to the college prospect days and the girls play. Do your kid a favor be a positive influence on the process.

Colleges recruit players... some clubs have more players than others... if your daughter can play. TG, YJ, Elevate they will be found* and recruited.
*Found = a whole lot of work/emails/visits/camps/clinics/prospect days done by the player and parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If by "other clubs" you mean YJ then yes they are way behind. But as in the past the number of TG recruits exceed all other LI clubs with the exception of Elevate 2017 which happens to be a pretty special group of players. Why be concerned. If you do the work and your daughter can play she will find a spot where she fits

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yeah should a parent go to the college prospect days and the girls play. Do your kid a favor be a positive influence on the process.

The majority of the 2018 TG players on purple and white are D3 players at best. There is nothing wrong with that but they are spending a lot of money and will not get even close to that back from any college they wind up at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey douchie, posted it here because my kid is a 2020 and the recruiting process starts now (unfortunately ) for this age group. The old standard "colleges recruit players not teams "all sounds good but seems like the top lax/academic schools are not recruiting players from different clubs equally. Is that because YJ truly gets the best players and college coaches realize that, is it because CR has strong relationships with the colleges, do they do a better job marketing kids, go to the right tournaments, why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh, ok..because that was so clear from your earlier post...[lacrosse] wad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey douchie, posted it here because my kid is a 2020 and the recruiting process starts now (unfortunately ) for this age group. The old standard "colleges recruit players not teams "all sounds good but seems like the top lax/academic schools are not recruiting players from different clubs equally. Is that because YJ truly gets the best players and college coaches realize that, is it because CR has strong relationships with the colleges, do they do a better job marketing kids, go to the right tournaments, why?

Pretty simple right? The YJ and M&D's of the world get the first looks from coaches. Why wouldn't they?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruiters would make a huge mistake by only taking girls from certain programs. That's nonsense. Their job is to recruit. If a girl is good, she will be recruited because she is good. If a girl shines on a poor team she will be noticed that much more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruiters would make a huge mistake by only taking girls from certain programs. That's nonsense. Their job is to recruit. If a girl is good, she will be recruited because she is good. If a girl shines on a poor team she will be noticed that much more.

Not so fast, If you were recruiting football would you be going to watch a Clemson or Alabama game or a kid from a school like Hofstra when they had a team? Big clubs attract the best talent and coaches know that. What nobody says is that the big clubs DONT always have the best coaches. Wayne Chrebet was great from Hofstra be he was a 1 in 10,000

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Sheila Nesselbush, Northwestern:
2015: One of just two position players to start all 21 games ... All-Big Ten ... IWLCA Second-Team All-West/Midwest ... Named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week on February 9 ... Proved to be the Wildcats' most consistent player end to end, leading the Wildcats with 36 ground balls, finishing second with 65 draw controls and ranking fourth on the team with 27 goals ... Ranked fifth in the Big Ten in draw controls per game (3.10) ... Recorded nine multi-goal games, including three hat tricks and a career-high four goals in Northwestern's 16-11 NCAA Tournament win over Notre Dame ... Led the Wildcats with a pair of goals and an assist in the NCAA Tournament quarterfinals against No. 1 Maryland ... Had a season-high seven draw controls against Marquette and Penn State ... Picked up a season-high four ground balls against Syracuse and at Notre Dame ... Scored a pair of game-winning goals and finished the season 7-for-10 on free-position opportunities ... Academic All-Big Ten.

So no, they r not all the bench sitters. I will happily find plenty more there, at Stanford, Duke, Princeton and others if you like. Some schools are a great mix of academics and great lacrosse. Others not so much. But to wave your hand indiscriminately over everyone does a disservice to some of these amazing young women that are accomplishing great things on and off the field.

[/quoteI did some research. I looked at the top 5 schools MD,UNC,Duke,FLAl. and Cuse along with Stanford, Princeton, Yale, Cornell. Duke and Princeton do not tell majors for students. out of the rest, there were 61 undeclared majors. Stan led the way with 19 followed by UMD with 17. There was 1 Nursing major(unc), 2 pre med (cuse), 1 engineering (fla). There are 22sport related majors. There are 4 schools that quite obviously steer there students to certain majors Fla. (social and behavioral science), UNC (journalism and mass communication), Cuse(sports and human dynamics), Cornell (hotel management)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous [/quoteI did some research. I looked at the top 5 schools MD,UNC,Duke,FLAl. and Cuse along with Stanford, Princeton, Yale, Cornell. Duke and Princeton do not tell majors for students. out of the rest, there were 61 undeclared majors. Stan led the way with 19 followed by UMD with 17. There was 1 Nursing major(unc), 2 pre med (cuse), 1 engineering (fla). There are 22sport related majors. There are 4 schools that quite obviously steer there students to certain majors Fla. (social and behavioral science), UNC (journalism and mass communication), Cuse(sports and human dynamics), Cornell (hotel management) [/quote]

This proves the point. Still great schools but the big programs want you in manageable majors. It's eye opening

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quoteI did some research. I looked at the top 5 schools MD,UNC,Duke,FLAl. and Cuse along with Stanford, Princeton, Yale, Cornell. Duke and Princeton do not tell majors for students. out of the rest, there were 61 undeclared majors. Stan led the way with 19 followed by UMD with 17. There was 1 Nursing major(unc), 2 pre med (cuse), 1 engineering (fla). There are 22sport related majors. There are 4 schools that quite obviously steer there students to certain majors Fla. (social and behavioral science), UNC (journalism and mass communication), Cuse(sports and human dynamics), Cornell (hotel management)

The Cornell Hotel School is arguably the best on the country for that major.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Cornell Hotel School is arguably the best on the country for that major.

I don't think they understand that some schools may just happen to attract those people because of those majors. I doubt that they are aware about the reputation and opportunities offered by UNC's school of journalism.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are majors being discussed on a post about 8th grade girls lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because they are morons

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Because lacrosse recruiting begins ridiculously early and we are trying to educate you people about to enter this phase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Because lacrosse recruiting begins ridiculously early and we are trying to educate you people about to enter this phase.

Sure. Educate on professor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is maybe 5 2020 kids that will get recruited next year . Other parents including myself will have to wait

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is maybe 5 2020 kids that will get recruited next year . Other parents including myself will have to wait

Wrong. There are already dozens of 2019s w verbal offers and hundreds more in the recruiting process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you say so Sherlock. Free books or 4g doesn't count as recruiting and was talking about 20s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you say so Sherlock. Free books or 4g doesn't count as recruiting and was talking about 20s

Yes u were Watson. And u said next year, which is what the 2019s are going through, numbnuts. And u obviously have zero idea what is going on. Happens to be why the IWLCA has put forth the proposals they have recently. But you seem to know all, so go back to your little cave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go to a college for education and if it happens to have a great girls lacrosse team, icing on the cake then. not sure how many girls turn pro after graduating from college. go to the best school that your daughter can get into, the degree is all that counts. maybe her lacrosse ability will help open a door to a great college that her grades on merit would not have been high enough to get in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go to a college for education and if it happens to have a great girls lacrosse team, icing on the cake then. not sure how many girls turn pro after graduating from college. go to the best school that your daughter can get into, the degree is all that counts. maybe her lacrosse ability will help open a door to a great college that her grades on merit would not have been high enough to get in.

Maybe not even the "best school" but the best fit. A school that has her major or interests. Then let her take over from there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IN theory getting into a reach school because of lacrosse is great but don't underestimate the amount of time required for big time D1 lax. There are reports that team will require double the amount of time that school requires. If you stretch academically and play keeping your grades up might be a challenge.

Stay within the major you want at a school that fits and if the lacrosse works out all the better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IN theory getting into a reach school because of lacrosse is great but don't underestimate the amount of time required for big time D1 lax. There are reports that team will require double the amount of time that school requires. If you stretch academically and play keeping your grades up might be a challenge.

Stay within the major you want at a school that fits and if the lacrosse works out all the better

DING DING DING ... know plenty of people who think that because Stanford etc has taken their daughter for lax, that they are set for life. Be careful with that notion. First of all, most of the girls get steered away from the majors that a place like Stanford actually matters for (read things like computer science/engineering) and into softer/easier majors. Secondly, as this poster rightly says, many of these girls would have no chance of getting into Stanford w/o lax and therefore may find the workload, combined w the huge lax commitment overwhelming. Many parents think because their kid got good or even very good grades in HS and decent test scores that they could get into Harvard/Stanford anyway. Not a chance. Those schools reject 80% of the 4.0s and perfect test scores they receive.

Find the appropriate fit, both academically and for lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the bottom 10 D1 girls programs. You will find girls taking tougher majors here than you will in the top 10. They are playing some real weak lacrosse and could get beat by lots of D2 and D3 schools but to their credit the kids are probably playing there getting some money and taking the major they wanted. Not everyone can be a national champion.

UMass Lowell
Stetson
St. Bonaventure
Mercer
Presbyterian
St. Mary's (CA)
Saint Francis (PA)
Howard
Gardner-Webb

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the bottom 10 D1 girls programs. You will find girls taking tougher majors here than you will in the top 10. They are playing some real weak lacrosse and could get beat by lots of D2 and D3 schools but to their credit the kids are probably playing there getting some money and taking the major they wanted. Not everyone can be a national champion.

UMass Lowell
Stetson
St. Bonaventure
Mercer
Presbyterian
St. Mary's (CA)
Saint Francis (PA)
Howard
Gardner-Webb

And not everyone NEEDS to be a national champion. In the grand scheme of things a degree will get you a lot further in life than a lax national championship! Education should ALWAYS come first!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Giving a verbal at this young age is unfortunately becoming more common
Kids are way to young to grasp what they may want or not want when the hit college - they are yet to even walk thru a high school hallway
What you want at 13-14 May and in many cases will not be what you are looking for as a HS senior
Just another example of kids being asked to grow up way to fast

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Many many hs athletes do not transition well in to college life for many reasons
This is more relevant to athletes
You need to prepare yourself for the fact that some who are used to being the big dog
May no even sniff the turf for a few years

And remember
You are NOT interviewing for a position,
you are the Interviewer.
You are the one seeking out what you want, not the other way around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gg1j18
Many many hs athletes do not transition well in to college life for many reasons
You need to prepare yourself for the fact that some who are used to being the big dog

And remember
you are the Interviewer.

Top 20 programs own you morning noon and night 365 days a year. You are in that school to play lacrosse period. School is clearly second with kids guided into easy majors they have no interest in. Pick a mid to low D1 or D2 program for a nice lax / school / social life balance. They are still playing a game and in 4 years it is over

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And remember
you are the Interviewer.

Top 20 programs own you morning noon and night 365 days a year. You are in that school to play lacrosse period. School is clearly second with kids guided into easy majors they have no interest in. Pick a mid to low D1 or D2 program for a nice lax / school / social life balance. They are still playing a game and in 4 years it is over

Pick D3 not D2 ... A good education comes first. There are lots of top academic D3 schools. D2, not so much. Now all the D2 people are going to start screaming, but sorry, that's the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And remember
you are the Interviewer.

Pick D3 not D2 ... A good education comes first. There are lots of top academic D3 schools. D2, not so much. Now all the D2 people are going to start screaming, but sorry, that's the facts.

Depends on what you're looking for, and what kind of student and lax player you're talking about. You don't just arbitrarily jump from D1 to D3. There are some pretty good D2 schools, especially if you want a larger school, or if your grades and SAT scores are very good, but not great. Or, what if you want to play in the south? Most of the top D3 schools are in the northeast. There are so many things to consider, it's very specific to each student athlete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DING DING DING ... know plenty of people who think that because Stanford etc has taken their daughter for lax, that they are set for life. Be careful with that notion. First of all, most of the girls get steered away from the majors that a place like Stanford actually matters for (read things like computer science/engineering) and into softer/easier majors. Secondly, as this poster rightly says, many of these girls would have no chance of getting into Stanford w/o lax and therefore may find the workload, combined w the huge lax commitment overwhelming. Many parents think because their kid got good or even very good grades in HS and decent test scores that they could get into Harvard/Stanford anyway. Not a chance. Those schools reject 80% of the 4.0s and perfect test scores they receive.

Find the appropriate fit, both academically and for lax.

Exactly. Great summary.

Page 18 of 42 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard