BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 44 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tourney and scores?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the score box at booth they actually did play in yale championship . They bumped out outlaws black for first place on goals against . They played Bronxville 7/8th grade team and it was tied . Don't know the reason why it did not have a Braveheart being it was a championship but kudos to empire.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is why you can't believe most things you read on here. A previous post said they played in a championship at Yale.
That Empire Team is a joke

Schedule was released tonight and empire black is in B not b/c really get your facts straight and stop worrying about sub-par and worry about living up to what your coach and organization claims , after all you been waisting money for a few years trying to get it right !

quote=Anonymous]Why is empire black playing in b/c division? I thought they are empires elite team if they even have one . that's what you call playing for a t-shirt.sub par coaching and players on that team.those parents definitely drink alot of kool aid

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH SMALL BRAIN MAN
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The PT kids were no bigger than the other teams. Actually the 91 Ambush kids and 2way kids were bigger. And please, the idea of Florida kids coming in for PT, LOL, absolutely no.

Primetime had the biggest kids (read oldest) on the field today at Yale for 2021 division. The kid coming in from Florida sounds far fetched but that was the rumor today. I think he tried out for our team. If true, this sport has taken another step towards insanity.

The kid from FL is a fact. He has played on PT for a number of years. Big and talented. I don't doubt some of those kids are in 7th, I do doubt that they are 12/13. Height is one thing, filled out with height is another.

Prime time 2021 plays a kid who lives in Florida and flies in for tournaments? As a parent I would not be happy if my son lost playing time to a ringer who just shows up for tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Florida kid is true, but he is originally from the Hudson Valley area and played with us last season and no one complained. Unbelievable when we lost to Express & Avalanche last season no complaints. Give PT credit they worked hard and got better talent and now are the beast of Westchester/Connecticut. Good for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what tournament? Scores?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse 2021 is a strong team. Lost to icon today 5-4 in the championship round at a Maryland tournament. These two teams had beaten the crabs and edge in the playoffs to get to the finals. Eclipse had also beaten icon earlier in the day. Primetime and eclipse will definitely challenge Long Island for spots at the World Series tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DIVISION ROUND TEAM 2 SCORE TEAM 3 SCORE TIME FIELD
2021 1 Crabs 2021 11 Red Freedom LC 1 8:00 AM 1
2021 1 Edge Lacrosse 11 Lax Factory 3 8:00 AM 2
2021 1 LA Heat 21/22 1 Leading Edge 8 8:00 AM 3
2021 1 Madlax - Capital 1 Icon Lacrosse 8 8:00 AM 4
2021 1 VLC 1 Eclipse 2021 8 8:00 AM 5
2021 1 Harvest Lacrosse Academy 7 Legacy Greyhounds 8 8:00
2021 2 Crabs 2021 14 LA Heat 21/22 0 9:40 AM 2
2021 2 Red Freedom LC 6 Lax Factory 4 9:40 AM 3
2021 2 Edge Lacrosse 6 Leading Edge 4 9:40 AM 4
2021 2 Madlax - Capital 7 Harvest Lacrosse Academy 4 9:40 AM
2021 2 VLC 2 Legacy Greyhounds 3 9:40 AM 6
2021 2 Icon Lacrosse 4 Eclipse 2021 7 9:40 AM 7
2021 3 Crabs 2021 7 Edge Lacrosse 3 11:20 AM 6
2021 3 Red Freedom LC 11 LA Heat 21/22 3 11:20 AM 5
2021 3 Lax Factory 3 Leading Edge 9 11:20 AM 4
2021 3 Madlax - Capital 5 VLC 3 12:10 PM 2
2021 3 Icon Lacrosse 9 Harvest Lacrosse Academy 4 12:10 PM 3
2021 3 Eclipse 2021 15 Legacy Greyhounds 1 12:10 PM 4
2021 Semifinal Red Division Winner - Crabs 2021 2 Yellow

Division Winner- Icon Lacrosse - 4 Crabs - 2
2021 Semifinal Blue Division Winner- Edge Lacrosse 3 Green Division Winner- Eclipse-7 / Edge-3
2021 Final Red/Yellow Winner-

Championship
Icon Lacrosse 5 Blue/Green Winner- Eclipse 2021 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime time will have to compete for Wsyl spot without the kid from Florida. 99 mile limit imposed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw two of the games. Penalties came after 91 was getting blown out. Those penalties called would have been penalties in the 80s as well. Heard they called the third game 91 played that day because of dirty play after the score was out of reach. It is a shame because they have two or three players that can make any team in 2021. Don't know if they will stay if the team continues on the path they are currently taking.

Ambush team is solid and is going to take everyone by surprise living upto there name ! They eliminated a decent amount on list of last year's roster and replaced them with underated players that weren't part of the orange click .The last few practices they have looked far more talented and then the limelight team which was not part of the tryouts because that team was already recruited and picked before then. Ambush has finally obtained the cream of the crop! Tomorrow is the day every one will see.

one of the recent posts about this years improvement. Seems pretty happy to be rid of last years roster. I guess its the cream of the B crop. Maybe if they played the game the way it is supposed to be played and left the Hansen brothers from Slapshot at home they would be competitive
Definitely too many penalties that last tournament. A lot of that had to do with ONE referee who got his panties in a bunch. Unfortunately the game has changed and contact is frowned upon now. Have to change to this wimpy version. If you played the game you know that this is not the same game!
I saw two games also. In the game against the Outlaws those penalties were the reason for the blowout. Ambush beat that team the week before. I'm not saying that they are better but can compete. I disagree that those penalties would have been called in the 80's especially when it was just one referee calling all of them. Even when the other ref was closer. A few of the Outlaws parents agreed. Listen this is just another team trying to make the jump to A. Maybe they do. Maybe they don't. Don't let one disgruntled ex parent who's son got cut stir up nonsense. Let the boys play and improve without the nonsense which they certainly didn't bring on themselves.

This is wrong and not worthy of belief on so many levels. Just have your kid play the tournament this weekend and hope 91 can do well against the B teams they will be playing. Stop saying they can compete in A. They are now playing b teams because they have played 8 games against A and B plus teams and have one win by one goal to show for it. The rest of the games they got blownout. Give it a rest already.
Excuse me, but pay attention. They played in A, beat Express North, and gave Primetime the only competition for the day. They are gelling, and will only get better. Know what you're talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do folks think of the apparent trend of 2020 teams (not just Crush this past Summer) playing up to 2019 for recruiting events this Fall?

Is this a meaningless blip or are we seeing the first signs of recruiting moving even 6-12 months earlier?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A meaningless blip on a 2021 page

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The PT kids were no bigger than the other teams. Actually the 91 Ambush kids and 2way kids were bigger. And please, the idea of Florida kids coming in for PT, LOL, absolutely no.

Primetime had the biggest kids (read oldest) on the field today at Yale for 2021 division. The kid coming in from Florida sounds far fetched but that was the rumor today. I think he tried out for our team. If true, this sport has taken another step towards insanity.

If Prime Time has older kids on their team, how are they permitted to play in the 2021 division?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a son who plays on the Legacy team which is not very strong but he enjoys the experience. Does not have the ability to play on the higher teams and I am very happy watching him enjoy the game a being part of a team meeting new kids etc. With that being said I had a friend who has a son play on the Eclipse team ( which blew us out) so I stayed to watch the two semi final and final games in MD. The three teams Eclipse, Icon and Crabs are top teams ( Edge team not at their level). The few things I took from this were, What are they feeding the kids in MD, the size of these 12 year old 7th graders was amazing as well as a number of the kids from Conn. I was kidding with my friend and really did get a answer as to the age and grade of a few of them. The Icon team looked like true 7th graders but played like older kids. Was told Eclipse beat them in them first by winning a number of F/O but that was not the case in finals, two good teams and Icon pulled it out in the end on a goal in the last second, very exciting I'm sure for those kids. They were the best lacrosse players, Crabs were just bigger at this point, never saw so many hairy leg 7th graders before on one team, I think my son's team has 1 or maybe 2. One of the best things I heard before the final game was the coaching from Icon telling the kids that they don't care if they win the game but to play hard as they thought they did not first time they play the Conn team
get better and enjoy the game. They moved the ball better than every team there and it was fun to watch, got home just in time to watch the Giants blew it. Congrats to both the Icon team and Eclipse team, no dirty play during the game, no bad mouthing in the stands and refs let them play and a great end of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs were bigger because they are absolutely older. Wont be same roster for WSYL events - assuming Crabs engage - likely will - since they reached finals with 2020 group. The entire roster is 2021 - no doubt - just a question of age. In a Grade Based Event - no rules being violated, but there are some 2001 birth dates on that squad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So we are clear there are 14 03s on the edge team. That is a 2022 team I think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2021 absolutely has older kids on that team. Verified by a team parent on sideline. Said they have 5 or 6 older kids 2 of which are closer to to 15 than 14. Said they don't think they are even attempting WSYL because they'll not have the players to compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2021 absolutely has older kids on that team. Verified by a team parent on sideline. Said they have 5 or 6 older kids 2 of which are closer to to 15 than 14. Said they don't think they are even attempting WSYL because they'll not have the players to compete.

14-15 year olds competing with 12 year olds. Somehow those parents and coaches think that's ok?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still can't win their own tournament with the older kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We can all go crazy arguing about the age of the kids. I'm not stating that PT had kids that weren't in 7th grade. what I'm suggesting is that for one reason or another some of their 7th graders may be closer to 13/14 rather than 12/13. Could be anything from an intentional holdback heading into kindergarten, holdback in 7th grade because of private school, holdback because their dumb. Who knows why but the fact is that if you've watched enough lacrosse (and most here have) you know what a "real" 7th grader looks like when they play. And for the kids that are clearly older it is glaring. It's not just that they are taller but that their entire body mechanics have shifted from that of little athletic boys to that of physically maturing young men. And if you happen to catch a glimpse of them with their helmets off you can just see that they are older especially when compared to their teammates that are "real" 7th graders. But unless lax goes age based that's just the way it goes and it's probably most difficult for 7th and 8th graders because that for many is a clear pre/post puberty age. You can have a highly talented 12 year old but put that kid against a highly talented 14 year old and it's game over. Everyone should stop complaining and live with it. If your son is good at 12 but not yet developed he'll be good at 14 when he puts on some bulk. The fact that his age will prevent him from playing on some AA team? Who cares. If he's good, they will find him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because they are in 7th grade. Duh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I spoke to an Edge dad and he said in Canada it is age only not grade. edge is a good team but not a top ten. Crabs were big but played soft the total opposite of Icon. That is the biggest reason Icon won they out worked Crabs and Eclipse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure most Long Island Parents would rather play these teams from other states with the older kids to have competitive games. However it is frustrating when they pound their chest with a one goal win and deny what everyone knows. The truth is they need to send their 14 year olds to play against Long Island teams to compete.

We can all go crazy arguing about the age of the kids. I'm not stating that PT had kids that weren't in 7th grade. what I'm suggesting is that for one reason or another some of their 7th graders may be closer to 13/14 rather than 12/13. Could be anything from an intentional holdback heading into kindergarten, holdback in 7th grade because of private school, holdback because their dumb. Who knows why but the fact is that if you've watched enough lacrosse (and most here have) you know what a "real" 7th grader looks like when they play. And for the kids that are clearly older it is glaring. It's not just that they are taller but that their entire body mechanics have shifted from that of little athletic boys to that of physically maturing young men. And if you happen to catch a glimpse of them with their helmets off you can just see that they are older especially when compared to their teammates that are "real" 7th graders. But unless lax goes age based that's just the way it goes and it's probably most difficult for 7th and 8th graders because that for many is a clear pre/post puberty age. You can have a highly talented 12 year old but put that kid against a highly talented 14 year old and it's game over. Everyone should stop complaining and live with it. If your son is good at 12 but not yet developed he'll be good at 14 when he puts on some bulk. The fact that his age will prevent him from playing on some AA team? Who cares. If he's good, they will find him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
icon is making a statement that they are one of the best if not the best on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So we are clear there are 14 03s on the edge team. That is a 2022 team I think.

No, that's the birth year for True 2021's on Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has Icon ever beaten Igloo or 91 for that matter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard they only have 20 practices all year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They beat everyone this past weekend at their first tournament with few practices. These other teams have been playing all fall. Imagine if this icon team played as much of the others. Any time a team shows they are getting better and could challenge express, igloo or 91 someone has to put them down.

I heard they only have 20 practices all year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon wins a tournament with only a few practices. The next Crush!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon wins a tournament with only a few practices. The next Crush!!!

Nope, Crush practices a lot! No team out works them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To Each, his Own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I spoke to an Edge dad and he said in Canada it is age only not grade. edge is a good team but not a top ten. Crabs were big but played soft the total opposite of Icon. That is the biggest reason Icon won they out worked Crabs and Eclipse.

The Edge program registers all of their teams down a year, its the program policy. They claim all of the players will be doing a PG year. Its a BS policy but again, its up to tournament directors to accept the teams registration.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also lost to Eclipse 7-4. Icon is a very strong team but in regards to a tournament like WSYL size would be a big disadvantage over a 5-6 game span. Icon is definitely a very strong team but there were rumblings that 91 picked up many new strong players and is the equal to Black Ice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DeTomasso is never out coached. Let's be honest in youth sports Coaching plays a huge part of it. Icon will always play hard and be in games to the end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon started off slow on the game they lost, they started coming back but there wasnt enough time on the clock. I think the key point on this is that they fought hard to the very end when the game counted and won it with 5 seconds left. Also keep in mind, that was their 5th game of the day, last two games against kids much larger than them in size. It appears they can hang playing 5-6 games in a row, against kids larger in size and will fight until the end of the games. They have added some new and returning kids to their roster this year, will be a strong team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen a number of the better teams play now after being in Md this weekend. Igloo is the best team, Crabs are very good, Eclipse was better than I thought, have not really seen 91 this year and last year thought they were a little overrated, Express hard to tell as they bring in kids from other teams and places so really don't know who is on that team, Icon pretty much has the same main kids who are just flat out good lacrosse players. Icon I never hear of them trying to recruit kids, take kids from other teams, take year older kids who may be in the grade higher, just see them as a much classer team and when I saw the two coach's on their sidelines I see why, they just would not do those things. Just coach and teach the kids the right way to do things. When I saw a kid who played for Igloo last year now playing on the 2020 Legacy team that is just cheating last year no way around it, he was in the grade above, if there are teams with late 2002 birthrates and are in the class of 2021 that is fine, when they are not in that grade that is wrong no two-ways around that, don't think or know if eclipse does that don't think so as their coach is a former respected lacrosse player they may have some late 2002 birthdays which is fine but I'm sure now class of 2020 kids. If kids are 2001 birthdates and still in the class of 2021 then the parents need to be examined. The Icon team may not be the best team and while they are really good, Igloo seems better but if I had a kid in the grade and they wanted to be taught the right way to play you should have him on that team. Any college coach and I can't see every coach in the country taking their calls over every other team in the 2021 class. Very organized team that does over do it by playing limited fall schedule as these kids should be playing football, soccer basketball first in the fall and winter and the lacrosse in the spring. Down in Md I was hearing that some of these teams are playing in 3-4 tourneys for what? so the organizations can take more money from you. What I would like to see someone post the costs of each team, I bet Icon is towards the bottom in costs and the return is so much more. So Igloo, Crabs, 91, express keep paying those owners and keep winning tourneys so their 4-5 tops kids get everything and not learn about lacrosse, which my kid had the talent to play at those top level teams and there would not be any other team for hi to play on. Don't care who wins, find me a college coach who cares who wins any 2021 tourney over who are good smart lacrosse players and good kids. Icon you guys were fun to watch over the past weekend keep doing what you are doing and don't worry if you loss to some of these other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Ambush. Three wins all fall. Please stop you sound silly at this point.

I happened to keep an eye on their games. Hate to say it but if they keep this up, all winter and have a solid spring, this will be a powerful team.
Looks like 91 Ambush is finding there way. They beat LIE North 7-3, Beat Necks Orange 6-3, & gave PT there only tuff game of the day with a 6-4 loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Ambush. Three wins all fall. Please stop you sound silly at this point.

I happened to keep an eye on their games. Hate to say it but if they keep this up, all winter and have a solid spring, this will be a powerful team.
Looks like 91 Ambush is finding there way. They beat LIE North 7-3, Beat Necks Orange 6-3, & gave PT there only tuff game of the day with a 6-4 loss.
At least they have the guts to move up and take a beating. They crushed every team in the B bracket, and went to the finals in an A bracket last summer. I would much rather get beat as a A and learn, than get a stupid T Shirt in a B. Many a team has dropped down to B just for that reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Equal to Black Ice is not saying that much since their performance this year has not been that dominating with the core kids still there. Listen 91 is a good club and BS knows how to build a defense but that is all they will ever have.

Another 91 parent trying to stir conversation and frankly they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same conversation. What have they proved? Play some tough 2021 AA games and stop running off to NJ to play 2020 B Teams. Is this so we pay the fee in hopes to see them at LaxFest again and then cross our fingers it doesn't rain?

I put them 5th behind Icon, Igloo, Crabs, and Express (No Such Order)

Happy Thanksgiving!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush will turn it around when Berry gets full control. That has been the intention all along. You get so many years to make a team work , after no success even a director will have no choice but to implement a new leader.

At least they have the guts to move up and take a beating. They crushed every team in the B bracket, and went to the finals in an A bracket last summer. I would much rather get beat as a A and learn, than get a stupid T Shirt in a B. Many a team has dropped down to B just for that reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heat was not impressive in PA this weekend. Bunch of close games against 2020 B teams. I have seen all the top four Long Island teams this year and 91 is number four. Express and Icon has past them. They would all beat each other if they play enough times but Express and icon would beat them more often. Sad to say but Express with guest players may be two and icon three behind black ice but ahead of 91.

Equal to Black Ice is not saying that much since their performance this year has not been that dominating with the core kids still there. Listen 91 is a good club and BS knows how to build a defense but that is all they will ever have.

Another 91 parent trying to stir conversation and frankly they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same conversation. What have they proved? Play some tough 2021 AA games and stop running off to NJ to play 2020 B Teams. Is this so we pay the fee in hopes to see them at LaxFest again and then cross our fingers it doesn't rain?

I put them 5th behind Icon, Igloo, Crabs, and Express (No Such Order)

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Page 22 of 44 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard