BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 42 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG has lost their top talent on 2018, 2019, and 2020. As soon as the girls get closer to recruiting age, they jump ship. It's not just one team, it's throughout the entire club. U15 champs from YJ had 6 former TG girls on it. These players aren't being developed, they are coming to the program already very talented. TG does nothing to keep these girls in the program. Can't put my finger on exactly what they are doing wrong but it is definitely something serious if they have such a defection every year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seriously? This is what people are taking out of this, that the TG organization does such a great job developing talent and they walk away to be game changers for all the other clubs? Not very good at spinning this are you. Listen, that team was a great collection of talent for the first two years. I will give TG's credit in that they initially attracted the top talent when that team first came together. Their ability to continue to attract talent has fallen off a cliff since then at all age levels. And worse is the track record to keep talent. They have watched some of the very top girls in several age groups, walk away. Do you really think they developed the talent that made 2020 what they once were? No, those kids walked on developed and ran when they recognized the lack of development. I actually hope the TG situation settles down and stabilizes, I love the idea of multiple strong clubs available for girls to choose from, but lets keep the ridiculous spin theories to a minimum.

Well said, I was baffled at the lunacy that I was reading. These people should be PR reps, they actually make the spin sound credible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most talented girls already with talent are going to the YJ's. The YJ's who most would say is the strongest LI girls program just keeps accepting these all star transfers and putting them on their blue teams while demoting long standing YJ players. YJ's have always recruited and stolen players because they can offer the best club visibility (as long as they put you on the field). As for the YJ coaching, some are great but many are 20 something girls who have great playing resumes but are hardly coaches or teachers. Its like coaching Lebron, hand him the ball and go sit and watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously? This is what people are taking out of this, that the TG organization does such a great job developing talent and they walk away to be game changers for all the other clubs? Not very good at spinning this are you. Listen, that team was a great collection of talent for the first two years. I will give TG's credit in that they initially attracted the top talent when that team first came together. Their ability to continue to attract talent has fallen off a cliff since then at all age levels. And worse is the track record to keep talent. They have watched some of the very top girls in several age groups, walk away. Do you really think they developed the talent that made 2020 what they once were? No, those kids walked on developed and ran when they recognized the lack of development. I actually hope the TG situation settles down and stabilizes, I love the idea of multiple strong clubs available for girls to choose from, but lets keep the ridiculous spin theories to a minimum.

Well said, I was baffled at the lunacy that I was reading. These people should be PR reps, they actually make the spin sound credible.

Top players are leaving because there's no reason to stay, coaching is bad, recruiting is great if you want to go to Hofstra or have a 2100+ on your SAT scores and they keep filling teams with B and C and below level players.
PS - the third 2019 from LI just committed to a top program 2 of the 3 are kids who left TG program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]How is the Black?

Very strong with SS coaching

please ,strong compared to what other clubs c team. They are at best the 3 or 4th best 2020 team on Long island and most likely the 5th best. SS tried her best to keep players from leaving by saying she was going to put all this time into this team, sadly the only kid she really wanted to stay left and she will not be doing much with this team as her Hofstra team needs attention

YJ are better however TG beat Legacy and Elevate last summer

Not this version og tg players, they won't be able to handle yj B team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop acting like TG 2020 had so many great players leave . When that team was successful they relied almost exclusively on one kid . Yes some of their better players left prior to last year but they are all essentially role players for the clubs they joined . Will the new superstar make YJ team better , probably not as not much of a team player . Will it hurt TG terribly , yes and no , they will most certainly lose more games as she was their whole offense , will the kids and parents be more happy and play more like a team , probably.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG was successful early when they first started and the girls they got were those who jumped ship from other clubs. They are losing girls of all abilities to other clubs due to their poor coaching and development model. SS does not "over-see" each team as they claim see does. The college girls don't join their teams until sometime around the first tournament in late May/ June. The winter clinic has been held at a sub-par facility at god awful early times on a Sunday.
What was Island wide reach of TG, has turned TG into a local travel program for Babylon, WI, West Babylon and Bayshore. Girls from other towns have left due to preferential treatment for these towns. These are all contributing factors to the continued decline of TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top players are leaving because there's no reason to stay, coaching is bad, recruiting is great if you want to go to Hofstra or have a 2100+ on your SAT scores and they keep filling teams with B and C and below level players.
PS - the third 2019 from LI just committed to a top program 2 of the 3 are kids who left TG program

So YJ's get the credit for players that didn't start with them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're so right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So YJ's get the credit for players that didn't start with them

Sorry but that's really a dumb statement. Maybe her first grade PAL coach should get the credit or maybe she's just a gifted athlete who decided to move to a different club?
What YJ should get credit for attracting the top players on the island.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah. Right. 10 year old girls walked on developed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what exactly is your point? Even if this club had part in her development into a top player does she owe them something? Isnt this the reason why we are all paying for club lacrosse in the first place? Is the real reason you are so twisted that she went to YJ and maybe a hint of envy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what exactly is your point? Even if this club had part in her development into a top player does she owe them something? Isnt this the reason why we are all paying for club lacrosse in the first place? Is the real reason you are so twisted that she went to YJ and maybe a hint of envy?

Maybe girls are finding they are quickly outgrowing anything TG can offer them. TG is a step ahead of beachbums at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and when they had someone coaching them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To say that anyone would be envious of another travel program just shows what a twisted individual you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe US Lacrosse should implement a salary cap so YJ can't keep taking other teams' players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[lacrosse]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe US Lacrosse should implement a salary cap so YJ can't keep taking other teams' players.

So they didn't leave on their own; YJ took them..... gotcha!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All above average lacrosse players go to YJ like all souls go to the light.

In many cases, it's more like an unsuspecting moth flying to a light which they think is hope, but ends up being a very large bug zapper.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasted weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasted weekend

How so?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were talking to some new people this weekend about our daughter and recruiting. I was shocked to hear that some schools wont want our daughter depending on her major? That left a really sour taste about the whole D1 process with these kids being employees and not students. Our daughter is very good but not great so I don't think she will have the power to have coaches look the other way if she picks a super hard major for her lifelong CAREER!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were talking to some new people this weekend about our daughter and recruiting. I was shocked to hear that some schools wont want our daughter depending on her major? That left a really sour taste about the whole D1 process with these kids being employees and not students. Our daughter is very good but not great so I don't think she will have the power to have coaches look the other way if she picks a super hard major for her lifelong CAREER!

This is very true, and a reason why a lot of talented kids do not attend a highly ranked lacrosse school. They own you...plain and simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What majors are considered easy? Which majors are considered hard? Some schools are known for certain areas of study as well. Can you elaborate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What majors are considered easy? Which majors are considered hard? Some schools are known for certain areas of study as well. Can you elaborate?
Medical and Architecture are two of the biggest non lacrosse majors, some engineering majors also, anything that takes the student off campus for clinical or field work. Communications is the modern day "basket weaving", business is also a good Lax Major. Nursing is out for most schools except Marquette, Jacksonville and L.I.U. I personally think it's a travesty that the biggest D1 school on L.I. is known for its Medical program but does not have a single medical related major on it's roster. S.B. will be turning out a lot of Y.J. coaches for the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Engineering, Nursing, Architecture, Medical or anything with large volumes of projects and offsite requirements at hospitals that are tough to work around team functions.

Easy ones are undecided LOL, communications, Humanities, Health

Go look at the UNC Roster 90% are Undecided, Communications or exercise & sports science majors. Now a degree from UNC is great but nobody is engineering or pre-med, why do you think that is??????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Engineering, Nursing, Architecture, Medical or anything with large volumes of projects and offsite requirements at hospitals that are tough to work around team functions.

Go look at the UNC Roster 90% are Undecided, Communications or exercise & sports science majors. Now a degree from UNC is great but nobody is engineering or pre-med, why do you think that is??????

Well look at Stanford, Princeton, Duke and even Northwestern. They have some pre med and engineering on their rosters. Not easy, and might need summer classes, but those schools have some. Of course those are better schools. So maybe the answer is for the girls to focus on their academics and get into those type of schools?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well look at Stanford, Princeton, Duke and even Northwestern. They have some pre med and engineering on their rosters. Not easy, and might need summer classes, but those schools have some. Of course those are better schools. So maybe the answer is for the girls to focus on their academics and get into those type of schools?

Look at games and minutes played. The "players" are all in the easy majors. Looks like the bottom of the roster might be the engineer missing some team functions and maybe receiving very little or no athletic money. Playing and a degree from these schools is great but not at the expense of a long term career goal of being an engineer architect doctor or nurse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"So maybe the answer is for the girls to focus on their academics and get into those type of schools?"

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner! All of the girls should be looking at academics first - college lacrosse is for 4 more years, a college education is for the rest of their lives.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"So maybe the answer is for the girls to focus on their academics and get into those type of schools?"

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner! All of the girls should be looking at academics first - college lacrosse is for 4 more years, a college education is for the rest of their lives.

There will definitely be some commits that will waver from their major of choice to play at a big time D1 lax program. Usually that decision is swayed by dad who loves telling stories about his daughters game on Monday mornings. We know of more than a handful that are back in school after their 4 year degree now going back to school to change majors. That is never good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do your research even before you start talking to the coaches. Then make sure that you daughter knows to ask those questions about majors and etc. We have an older one that has gone through the process. She is headed to a school of her choice to do the major of her choice and not for a championships ring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good luck to her @ Nassau CC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close. United States Naval Academy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ur a [lacrosse] with that comment...stay off this site u troll

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did you just call him a DK?...or a [lacrosse]?...oh, same thing...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sheila Nesselbush, Northwestern:
2015: One of just two position players to start all 21 games ... All-Big Ten ... IWLCA Second-Team All-West/Midwest ... Named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week on February 9 ... Proved to be the Wildcats' most consistent player end to end, leading the Wildcats with 36 ground balls, finishing second with 65 draw controls and ranking fourth on the team with 27 goals ... Ranked fifth in the Big Ten in draw controls per game (3.10) ... Recorded nine multi-goal games, including three hat tricks and a career-high four goals in Northwestern's 16-11 NCAA Tournament win over Notre Dame ... Led the Wildcats with a pair of goals and an assist in the NCAA Tournament quarterfinals against No. 1 Maryland ... Had a season-high seven draw controls against Marquette and Penn State ... Picked up a season-high four ground balls against Syracuse and at Notre Dame ... Scored a pair of game-winning goals and finished the season 7-for-10 on free-position opportunities ... Academic All-Big Ten.

MAJOR: ENGINEERING

So no, they r not all the bench sitters. I will happily find plenty more there, at Stanford, Duke, Princeton and others if you like. Some schools are a great mix of academics and great lacrosse. Others not so much. But to wave your hand indiscriminately over everyone does a disservice to some of these amazing young women that are accomplishing great things on and off the field.

(Cue the snarky "Thanks mom" comments)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sheila Nesselbush, Northwestern:
2015: One of just two position players to start all 21 games ... All-Big Ten ... IWLCA Second-Team All-West/Midwest ... Named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week on February 9 ... Proved to be the Wildcats' most consistent player end to end, leading the Wildcats with 36 ground balls, finishing second with 65 draw controls and ranking fourth on the team with 27 goals ... Ranked fifth in the Big Ten in draw controls per game (3.10) ... Recorded nine multi-goal games, including three hat tricks and a career-high four goals in Northwestern's 16-11 NCAA Tournament win over Notre Dame ... Led the Wildcats with a pair of goals and an assist in the NCAA Tournament quarterfinals against No. 1 Maryland ... Had a season-high seven draw controls against Marquette and Penn State ... Picked up a season-high four ground balls against Syracuse and at Notre Dame ... Scored a pair of game-winning goals and finished the season 7-for-10 on free-position opportunities ... Academic All-Big Ten.

MAJOR: ENGINEERING

So no, they r not all the bench sitters. I will happily find plenty more there, at Stanford, Duke, Princeton and others if you like. Some schools are a great mix of academics and great lacrosse. Others not so much. But to wave your hand indiscriminately over everyone does a disservice to some of these amazing young women that are accomplishing great things on and off the field.

(Cue the snarky "Thanks mom" comments)

Don't be so sensitive. Topic started out saying that many schools want to guide you in to certain majors. There is one top 10 team that has half of their seniors still listed as undecided. To the young lady listed above congratulations. For the majority of others who are not 5 star studs its safe to say that they might be guided to lesser majors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, where is Nassau CC? We are down in MD - not familiar with your alma mater.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whoever you are u deserve that guy to walk up to your door and punch you in the face in front of your wife and kids...you my anonymous friend are a tool

Page 17 of 42 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard