BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Re: Spring Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is this a Sayville thread? Who cares about this third rate program?

So talk about something else. You just kept it going with your snide remark.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Bob. The sayville kids lose. Great job guys.
save the drama and support the new coach. Now let's move on to spring lacrosse talk.

Who is the new coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they name a new coach?

Yes, but they only told Sayville Royalty. The rest will find out in the next week. It's someone who's been involved with the program so you can quit complaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Third rate? You really can't be serious. If you have a topic that you care to post about, no one is stopping you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, but they only told Sayville Royalty. The rest will find out in the next week. It's someone who's been involved with the program so you can quit complaining.

Does Sayville loose many good players to the Catholics?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will start losing kids to catholic schools now.
The new coach is the guy Coach D was fired for trying to save his job last year. It's a mess. Can't make this stuff up. Third rate program? Sayville been in county finals more than any other suffolk "B" program the last 10 years. Hope the new coaches and program success. I'll still take in a game or two. I'm sure Coach D will still be working with the sayville kids. Glad my son was able to experience 3 years as his coach.

Re: Sayville Varsity coach
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all of the great high school lacrosse on Long Island, 6 weeks of Sayville comments? At least the SWR saga with Rotanz was interesting. You'd think Sayville was Massapequa or Syosset or Ward Melville or West Islip. We will see how good Sayville football and lacrosse will be when a certain someone leaves to play football in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Third rate? You really can't be serious. If you have a topic that you care to post about, no one is stopping you.

Sayville is a strong sports town across the board in many/most sports. Sad they ran guy out, but Sayville will always be strong, kids and parents are very sports orientated, which in turn led to some of the success the coach realized.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does Sayville loose many good players to the Catholics?

No, they don't at all. Most that go to Catholics go for academics not athletics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sayville is a strong sports town across the board in many/most sports. Sad they ran guy out, but Sayville will always be strong, kids and parents are very sports orientated, which in turn led to some of the success the coach realized.

My boys all played for Coach D, went on to play in college and he was a great role model for each of them. You pompous idiots who caused this to happen and are supporting it can make all the BS excuses you want, this is NOT good for the program.
Thanks Coach D for all you did for our family. You were there when we needed you, I am truly sorry this has happened. Wherever you continue your coaching career will be better off with you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will start losing kids to catholic schools now.
The new coach is the guy Coach D was fired for trying to save his job last year. It's a mess. Can't make this stuff up. Third rate program? Sayville been in county finals more than any other suffolk "B" program the last 10 years. Hope the new coaches and program success. I'll still take in a game or two. I'm sure Coach D will still be working with the sayville kids. Glad my son was able to experience 3 years as his coach.

What Catholic schools would you be referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think an interesting story line is the Massapequa teacher and defense coach going to rival Syosset while remaining a teacher in the school. Now that's an interesting development. That should make for lively discussions in the phys ed office.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think an interesting story line is the Massapequa teacher and defense coach going to rival Syosset while remaining a teacher in the school. Now that's an interesting development. That should make for lively discussions in the phys ed office.

Has Port chosen a head coach yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My boys all played for Coach D, went on to play in college and he was a great role model for each of them. You pompous idiots who caused this to happen and are supporting it can make all the BS excuses you want, this is NOT good for the program.
Thanks Coach D for all you did for our family. You were there when we needed you, I am truly sorry this has happened. Wherever you continue your coaching career will be better off with you.

He did a great job with the program. My question is, if he were such a great role model, leader, coach and maker of men, then why did so few come out in his defense? More people came out to get to get the asst coach back. His support of late is almost nothing. It just gives people the idea that just because there a 5 vocal supporters, most are fine with the decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The people at boe meeting were there for their kids the program and Coach D. Coach D had asked the community to stand down. The BOEs simple minds were made up and we all knew that. If supporters of Coach D asked the community to attend there would have been plenty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that certain someone that's gonna play football in college did nothing for the lacrosse program. Guy your so transparent it's ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He did a great job with the program. My question is, if he were such a great role model, leader, coach and maker of men, then why did so few come out in his defense? More people came out to get to get the asst coach back. His support of late is almost nothing. It just gives people the idea that just because there a 5 vocal supporters, most are fine with the decision.

Simple answer to that question. If 150 parents showed up and made a scene like they did at SWR, would that have changed the outcome? That's not what Coach D wanted and his wishes were honored. "Most are fine with the decision" proves you are not involved in the program. Couldn't be further from the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Simple answer to that question. If 150 parents showed up and made a scene like they did at SWR, would that have changed the outcome? That's not what Coach D wanted and his wishes were honored. "Most are fine with the decision" proves you are not involved in the program. Couldn't be further from the truth.

My son's a senior so I know exactly what I'm talking about. A heck of a lot more than you apparently. And, you couldn't get 150 people there if you were giving out free wings and beer! That's a joke!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can/do college coaches contactlayers that have given verbals? My daughter is going to a tournament next week and although committed would like to kmow what if any other schools show interest. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buddy...there's like 3 seniors on the team. Obviously you son don't see the field, maybe this year with the new coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sayville is a strong sports town across the board in many/most sports. Sad they ran guy out, but Sayville will always be strong, kids and parents are very sports orientated, which in turn led to some of the success the coach realized. [/quote]

Thanks Coach D for all you did for our family. You were there when we needed you, I am truly sorry this has happened. Wherever you continue your coaching career will be better off with you. [/quote]

He did a great job with the program. My question is, if he were such a great role model, leader, coach and maker of men, then why did so few come out in his defense? More people came out to get to get the asst coach back. His support of late is almost nothing. It just gives people the idea that just because there a 5 vocal supporters, most are fine with the decision. [/quote]

Simple answer to that question. If 150 parents showed up and made a scene like they did at SWR, would that have changed the outcome? That's not what Coach D wanted and his wishes were honored. "Most are fine with the decision" proves you are not involved in the program. Couldn't be further from the truth. [/quote]

My son's a senior so I know exactly what I'm talking about. A heck of a lot more than you apparently. And, you couldn't get 150 people there if you were giving out free wings and beer! That's a joke! [/quote]

The assistant coach from years past without any assistants? That's the upgrade? I'm taking the under on this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the new Varsity coach at Sayville?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After all of the weeks of bickering, does anyone want to reveal the name of the new Sayville varsity lacrosse team? Signed, interested non-resident party.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don Flemming. Consider yourself Sayville royalty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's about time. Any info on him? I know he was JV coach for a bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was the asst varsity coach. Former coach at Calhoun. Nothing is going to change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was the asst varsity coach. Former coach at Calhoun. Nothing is going to change.

You can't be serious, so I'll assume you're someone with an agenda. My agenda? What's best for my child and the program, this is NOT an upgrade. Spin it however you want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fleming is an unknown, two years at Calhoun with a 14-20 record is not someone you trade for Coach D. Hope is not a sound plan for success, but I will cross my fingers because this is a done deal. Great work by the Superintendent and Board of Ed. You pushed out a winning coach who was 100% dedicated to the town and program and the kids loved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Nothing is going to change" Wow, you are deluded beyond belief. We had a guy who founded the program, won 2 or 3 Suffolk County Championships, a LI Championship, coach of the year a bunch of times, etc. No complaints, no issues. It's really scary when you think a few malcontents can have such a huge impact on a program. I too will support coach Fleming, we don't have a choice. One question-- will our new Varsity coach be allowed to have assistant coaches (budget question)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Nothing is going to change" Wow, you are deluded beyond belief. We had a guy who founded the program, won 2 or 3 Suffolk County Championships, a LI Championship, coach of the year a bunch of times, etc. No complaints, no issues. It's really scary when you think a few malcontents can have such a huge impact on a program. I too will support coach Fleming, we don't have a choice. One question-- will our new Varsity coach be allowed to have assistant coaches (budget question)?

Yes. From what I understand, the reason he was hired back last year had little to do with public outcry and more to do with lacrosse being a collision sport. The board had it's eyes opened to the legality of not having an assistant coach and it made the proper correction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Verschure will be the Varsity Assistant. He has been JV coach for years and has worked with Doller for years. Wow. Sayville really "went in a new direction " such BS. Coach Doller will be fine, looks like he will be at Farmingdale College for the season. Good luck Coach Doller! I'll always be proud to refer to you as my HS coach! Thanks for everything you did for me and I'm only where I am in life bc you pushed and always believed in all of us!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard anything about Sachem North? from what I heard the coach is taking a leave of absence? Sounds like he is fleeing the coup. Must be bad over there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Took the Volunteer Assistant position at Stony Brook. Program is in good hands.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who should handle the recruiting of your child? high school coach or club coach. does it make a difference? what happens when your high school coach and your club coach don't see eye to eye. its happening and don't know what direction to go. looking for some solid input on this situation. thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who should handle the recruiting of your child? high school coach or club coach. does it make a difference? what happens when your high school coach and your club coach don't see eye to eye. its happening and don't know what direction to go. looking for some solid input on this situation. thanks

What is the reason the coaches see eye to eye? or about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the exception of top 10 schools, high school coaches are becoming a much smaller part of the recruiting process each year. College coaches are no longer traveling to HS to watch a child play lacrosse. When the best/most serious kids are playing club ball, it makes more sense for a recruiter to go to a club tourney/showcase and watch 150 players. HS teams are becoming more like PAL. They provide an opportunity for kids to play with their friends. For example, your son might be lighting it up on his HS team, but you play in a B or C level division with no legitimate competition. How is a coach going to truly evaluate your son or daughter? Conversely, if your child is playing at a showcase down in Maryland against some of the top players in the country, a recruiter can see your child play against quality opponents AND recruit the other players at the same time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure that I understand the question.

Have college coaches watched your child play?

Have college coaches reached out to either your HS or club coach/director?

What year is your child?

Is your child a boy or a girl?

What is it that the club and HS coach do not see eye to eye on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the exception of top 10 schools, high school coaches are becoming a much smaller part of the recruiting process each year. College coaches are no longer traveling to HS to watch a child play lacrosse. When the best/most serious kids are playing club ball, it makes more sense for a recruiter to go to a club tourney/showcase and watch 150 players. HS teams are becoming more like PAL. They provide an opportunity for kids to play with their friends. For example, your son might be lighting it up on his HS team, but you play in a B or C level division with no legitimate competition. How is a coach going to truly evaluate your son or daughter? Conversely, if your child is playing at a showcase down in Maryland against some of the top players in the country, a recruiter can see your child play against quality opponents AND recruit the other players at the same time.

Agree that high school lacrosse (boys and girls) is mostly noncompetitive. However, Colleges coaches will reach out to High School coaches to try and get a feel for what type of person the player is (more on the boys side). It is unfortunate but there are some HS coaches who do not like the fact that the top college coaches are evaluating and recruiting players before they ever play a varsity game. They do not like the fact that they are out of the loop in terms of (giving their opinion of the players ability). HS coaches now have their ability to evaluate talent challenged.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the recruiting front here is my perspective. For the record, I have a son playing in high school, coach a varsity team and a travel team. The two questions I have are these. How good is your son? Objectively, how good? Because the truth is, if he is that good he will be recruited by top schools regardless of his travel team. He will be known through his high school, his stats, his reputation. It just happens to be that many kids in this category also happen to play on travel teams. So of course the travel teams want and take credit, as listed on their website (as a selling point) of where all their players are committed to. All of the early commits contacted the Dukes and Johns Hopkins and UVAs. Thats the only way it can work under NCAA guidelines. So don't think these coaches aren't looking at last name when deciding on an early commit. Either its a coach's son or older brothers played D-1 lacrosse. Then there is the height, weight and athleticism. My second question, is your son's high school in the upper tier, middle tier or lower tier? If it's the lower tier, you may need a travel team for exposure and potentially have the travel coach be the person you have help you with recruiting. If its an upper tier program and your HS coach is well respected, I would go that route. In some instances the travel team is a necessary evil, but when in doubt, I would defer to the HS coach. And keep in mind one thing Seth Tierney and John Danowski preach all the time. If your son is a true D-1 player we will find him. And one last thing, I know there will be plenty of comments about how their son was the exception to all of the above. I get it. But just be mindful of the fact that for the most part, this travel team hysteria is a total money grab. I know. I get paid very well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would give it the top 20 LI programs

With more High School coaches getting involved in club, the answer can be muddled.
That said, after a player is "noticed" be it at a club event, school event, prospect camp or showcase, a college coach will look for the player that can help him keep his job by helping him win and staying out of trouble. They are well aware that club coaches/ directors are paid advocates looking to boast their recruitment rate to get more club member$, while HS coaches have less skin in the game, they see your kid 3 hours a day 5-6 days a week for the 10-12 week school season. They typically work for the school district, know your kids teachers, know your kids other coaches (multiple sports), know your kids acedemic standing, know your kids disciplinary record, and if your schools program is established he will know how good a player your kid is. Keep in mind this is only relevant for recruitment after 9th grade. Before that club is your only real choice.

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard