BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Boys 2017-11th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
College coaches are in for some major disappointments with some of there early recruits. Walk on's will be the wave of the future.

Spoken like a mom or dad who's kid isn't committed yet, stop the envy.

Your "walk on" comment shows your lack of knowledge in recruiting or NCAA lacrosse.

Please enlighten us. Are you saying there will be no room for walk-ons if a walk-on can demonstrate superior ability over a recruited player in his/her same position?

Good luck with that gameplan.

the wave of the future will be the stud athlete that only had a stick in their hand for two or three years. lacrosse is an easy game to pick up...athleticism is bred.

I guess that's why those Canadians with Insane stick skills are doing so well in D1. Surely, it nothing to do with those skills. Athleticism may be bred, but stick skill are learned and worked on. Average athlete with insane stick skills, trumps pure athleticism all the time. Trust me, my son is one of the fastest kids on his college team, and fights for play time. Good luck.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO - the Canucks are great players and skilled but let's keep it real - they are part of the hockey community and think nothing of holding kids back - they are great no doubt but typically older.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO - the Canucks are great players and skilled but let's keep it real - they are part of the hockey community and think nothing of holding kids back - they are great no doubt but typically older.....

Agreed. Yet no older than all of the kids from MD, PA and Mass.
BTW you can't holdback in hockey, all age based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches are in for some major disappointments with some of there early recruits. Walk on's will be the wave of the future.

Spoken like a mom or dad who's kid isn't committed yet, stop the envy.

Your "walk on" comment shows your lack of knowledge in recruiting or NCAA lacrosse.

Please enlighten us. Are you saying there will be no room for walk-ons if a walk-on can demonstrate superior ability over a recruited player in his/her same position?

Good luck with that gameplan.

the wave of the future will be the stud athlete that only had a stick in their hand for two or three years. lacrosse is an easy game to pick up...athleticism is bred.

Stick Skills and ability to play at high speed are what matter. It takes many years to develop that combination.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a committed D1 player and a second with many offers on the table, I agree, lacrosse is an easy game. If you are athletic you can pick it up pretty quickly. I also believe that if you are taking an NCAA circulum and you are great but are not sure of school work and a sport and a coach is getting you for free, yes walk-ones are welcome. My nephew just walked onto a D1 school this fall.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids hates guarding the fast athletic kid, that always
Goes to his strong hand and doesn't look to pass,
Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny, both box and field lax in Canada are strictly age-based. So where did they get the idea to hold back kids for club lacrosse tourneys in the US? Make the Crabs and Dukes follow some rules and the Canadians will follow them too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassing happens because college coaches simply want to be able to compare kids within a class. Whether a kids is older or younger than another kids is immaterial. They simply want the best kids possible in each class. Same things happen in football, basketball, etc.

Crying about reclassing is pointless. It would only change if college coaches decided that they were concerned about the actual ages of the kids they recruit.

They don't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets talk about the Legacy Tournament this weekend.

The class of the tournament is north of Long Island.

Primetime & Eclipse will dominate the LI teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime average at best, Eclipse a step above them...EOM

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime average at best, Eclipse a step above them...EOM

what about team 11?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a pretty bad tournament. The best teams are in LI and the MidAtlantic and that is too far for them to travel.

Eclipse is a very good team and easily the best in that field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some excellent posts. I wouldn't write any late bloomer off. This is the Wild West. This 2017 class broke the levee and the classes filled up at light speed. Kids who were little guys in 9th grade are not projecting well at all. In D1 high level like ACC play you can be super fast small at attack. The rest of the positions, there's just no way. It's like trying to get Rudy on the field for more than the last play. Ain't going to happen for a 5'8 or 5'9 middie or defender or goalie. Those positions you'll always see good athletes with more physical stature. Some programs are just screwed with early recruits and they know it. De-committing is going to blow out, and it won't just be kids changing their minds. It will be coaches counseling kids to look for a new home. Kid gets to save face. Next big trend won't be dumping low tier for upper tier. It will be kids de-committing from Hop, Duke, UVA and UNC because they were dumped. Some assistants at those programs know to be out looking for 2017s and even 2016s. They care about winning and their jobs, not the non-binding commitments they made to 9th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some excellent posts. I wouldn't write any late bloomer off. This is the Wild West. This 2017 class broke the levee and the classes filled up at light speed. Kids who were little guys in 9th grade are not projecting well at all. In D1 high level like ACC play you can be super fast small at attack. The rest of the positions, there's just no way. It's like trying to get Rudy on the field for more than the last play. Ain't going to happen for a 5'8 or 5'9 middie or defender or goalie. Those positions you'll always see good athletes with more physical stature. Some programs are just screwed with early recruits and they know it. De-committing is going to blow out, and it won't just be kids changing their minds. It will be coaches counseling kids to look for a new home. Kid gets to save face. Next big trend won't be dumping low tier for upper tier. It will be kids de-committing from Hop, Duke, UVA and UNC because they were dumped. Some assistants at those programs know to be out looking for 2017s and even 2016s. They care about winning and their jobs, not the non-binding commitments they made to 9th graders.

Silly post!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn't a doubt that ER is idiotic on many levels. The recruiting quality of it is already showing some serious flaws. I think the people who disagree with that are Volleyball Boy Xanders and some pretty defensive parents of kids who won the 9th grade Gong Show.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn't a doubt that ER is idiotic on many levels. The recruiting quality of it is already showing some serious flaws. I think the people who disagree with that are Volleyball Boy Xanders and some pretty defensive parents of kids who won the 9th grade Gong Show.

Funny ty put my kid on radar in 9th, now he is one of the most respected in his position. This,is true for most. Sorry if your kid didn't keep working. You can blame it on age, height, etc. Bottom line, kids that get their job done will be recognized. Take your 2x 6'3" lazy [lacrosse] holdback and keep looking for ways for daddy to get him recruited. Pathetic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xanders is very good. Just pay him and he will attend your tournament and write about your kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a fan of early recruiting either but just take a look at the '18 and '19 classes - the pace of early recruiting appears to be accelerating if anything. Please explain why you have no doubt that it is idiotic as more and more top schools continue to do it. Denver Maryland and Cuse has jumped into the fray when just two years ago they were not involved. The emergence of the Big Ten now pits more teams against the ACC regarding early recruiting. I suspect it continues at a very fast pace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't kid yourselves if you don't think the coaches are looking at 2020's already...soon enough we will see Pietramala hanging around the middle school tournaments!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't kid yourselves if you don't think the coaches are looking at 2020's already...soon enough we will see Pietramala hanging around the middle school tournaments!

I saw him in Massapequa.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a fan of early recruiting either but just take a look at the '18 and '19 classes - the pace of early recruiting appears to be accelerating if anything. Please explain why you have no doubt that it is idiotic as more and more top schools continue to do it. Denver Maryland and Cuse has jumped into the fray when just two years ago they were not involved. The emergence of the Big Ten now pits more teams against the ACC regarding early recruiting. I suspect it continues at a very fast pace.

Like the old saying in the investments world, it works until it doesn't work. We have no idea how good or bad ER is in terms of quality. Over next 2-3 years that plays out and we will know. My bet is you'll see programs like Drexel and Towson greatly benefitting from missing out or sitting out the early game. A lot of these coaches are very popular with their ADs and alums, but another 2-3 years of no FF and no ACC titles in Chapel Hill and Charlottesville, and...??? I too suspect it will continue and get even more extreme, and then blow up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will also be a major trend of early commits changing schools. Parents panicking for the early commit and just jumping on any offer. Then they realize the school they chose really wasn't a good fit or the kid didn't have the grades after 3 years in High School and will just commit elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love how you all can never get thru five pages without mentioning Ty. I thought you couldnt stand the kid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will also be a major trend of early commits changing schools. Parents panicking for the early commit and just jumping on any offer. Then they realize the school they chose really wasn't a good fit or the kid didn't have the grades after 3 years in High School and will just commit elsewhere.

So what? Been happening in every sport imaginable. Now what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) you have to mention Ty, he is part of the problem with the recruiting craze and he is making $ from it

2) You have to expect early commits to change...boys change interests, many are tied to a certain GPA, burnout...I think it is healthy and as the recruiting goes earlier, the more it will happen. Coaches know it and plan accordingly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, it is not silly. This poster is spot on. Fasten your seatbelts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) you have to mention Ty, he is part of the problem with the recruiting craze and he is making $ from it

2) You have to expect early commits to change...boys change interests, many are tied to a certain GPA, burnout...I think it is healthy and as the recruiting goes earlier, the more it will happen. Coaches know it and plan accordingly.

There are hundreds of people making money off the recruiting craze, and more than just a couple hundred bucks a weekend like I'm sure Xanders is. Look at how many more club/tournament guys have become full-time in lax over the past few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the fl$ 2018/17 team going to fl$ in 3d a team of committed high school players?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Is the fl$ 2018/17 team going to fl$ in 3d a team of committed high school players?

It is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although I agree with you that the best kids are being recognized, you cant be naive enough to think that Xanders isnt being paid by clubs and even parents to write up their clubs and kids. He has to pay rent doesnt he? If you look at his write ups, a large majority of them come from the same clubs, very rarely will you see a kid from an outside club. This isnt sour grapes and I couldnt care less whether he thinks my son can play as my son is committed and his new Coach thinks he can play obviously, but look for yourself its blatantly obvious that he is favoring certain clubs and kids.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by FLGOUTLAW

It is not.

Thanks, saw that fl$ was putting together a committed team for summer 2016 and was wondering if this was the same from 2015, if one existed. Good luck, Hope the tournament is successful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by stich2681
Originally Posted by FLGOUTLAW

It is not.

Thanks, saw that fl$ was putting together a committed team for summer 2016 and was wondering if this was the same from 2015, if one existed. Good luck, Hope the tournament is successful.

No. The 2016 grads will not be on the team. The fl$ Committed team from 2015 season was comprised of 2016 and 2017 graduates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These club tournaments are starting to look like garbage in, garbage out. I know Sweetlax and fl$ and the others have good players in their clubs but this spamming out teams into so many events makes the events just worse. There is a Sweetlax team going to this fl$ thing, but it seems like a party gift suprise when we get there if it will be "the real deal" Sweetlax team.

Club lacrosse has become a total joke for kids when they get further into high school. I no longer believe that this is where my kid can be challenged in good competition and improve. We're looking into Canadian juniors next summer in search of a spark. Anyone else have bright ideas?

This isn't aimed at any club, just club lacrosse in general guys. Quite honestly if that fantastic 2017s Turtles team is still together, I feel kind of bad for them. There isn't enough of an effort by clubs to put any good 2016 or 2017 teams this past summer, this fall or going ahead because they are marketing organizations focused on recruiting and recruiting is basically all done by soph year now. So juniors and seniors can play for their school and then slum around these crappy club tourneys for 2 1/2 years? No thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you should definitely goto Canada. See yah...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These club tournaments are starting to look like garbage in, garbage out. I know Sweetlax and fl$ and the others have good players in their clubs but this spamming out teams into so many events makes the events just worse. There is a Sweetlax team going to this fl$ thing, but it seems like a party gift suprise when we get there if it will be "the real deal" Sweetlax team.

Club lacrosse has become a total joke for kids when they get further into high school. I no longer believe that this is where my kid can be challenged in good competition and improve. We're looking into Canadian juniors next summer in search of a spark. Anyone else have bright ideas?

This isn't aimed at any club, just club lacrosse in general guys. Quite honestly if that fantastic 2017s Turtles team is still together, I feel kind of bad for them. There isn't enough of an effort by clubs to put any good 2016 or 2017 teams this past summer, this fall or going ahead because they are marketing organizations focused on recruiting and recruiting is basically all done by soph year now. So juniors and seniors can play for their school and then slum around these crappy club tourneys for 2 1/2 years? No thanks.

Maybe kids should start skipping grades instead of repeating them... Try and get to college as soon as possible so they can continue playing competitive lacrosse.

Where can you find competitive lacrosse as a rising junior or senior? High School lacrosse is a joke, there are only a few competitive teams in each devision. If the club circuit has now been watered down where should the top kids play in order to stay sharp?

Kids that are going on to play at the highest level need to play against the best competition in order to prepare for the college game.

If what you say is true, the current lacrosse environment does not appear to provide many options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the decline in the quality of high school club lacrosse with the emphasis put on the recruiting tournaments. I prefer the tournaments where the emphasis is on winning the game and proceeding to a championship game. Correct - the college coaches / recruiters don't care who won the game, but they want to see the best teams play which typically will have the best talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how fl$ 2017 is going to be this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't believe they fl$ tryouts have been had for the 2017 class as of yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think people in LI have better choices than we do in MD. In LI the public school leagues are so good, you have a lot of competition and opportunities for the high schools to provide informal training or even informal teams in fall or in indoors winter seasons. I've also seen some LI publics doing summer tournaments. Generally speaking, kids in MD are either in an expensive day prep to get access to that, or needs to try to find it somewhere else. And club lacrosse is a bad somewhere else so far as training and development are concerned. A lot of kids just tune club lacrosse out in high school because with the prep dropouts from club, the level of play goes down fast. And even the prep kids aren't playing or training much in summer. 2 events with 2-3 practices ahead of the events might equal seven days on the field in June, July. I know kids do showcases (which ar even more of a joke) but that just isn't sufficient to get better.

It is no wonder to me that the success rate of seeing the field and doing well is much higher for LI kids versus other areas, including MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I have witnessed over the past three years watching 2018's is that the Long Island kids are just a tougher, grittier group of kids. The standout Baltimore and DMV (DC, MD, VA) kids are primarily private school kids that fail to match the LI kids intensity! Then you throw in the factor that LI is less influenced by the number of holdbacks - makes the difference more impressive!

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard