BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23
Re: Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I'll second that! I would be bragging too, if I were pretty well done with the recruiting process. Definitely jealous, probably has not gotten a single sniff yet. Any info on which school the YJ girl has committed to?

the sport is broken and the sidelines are toxic [/quote]

That is your experience and too bad for you and others that have had similar experiences. This however could not be any further from the experience I have had with my girls, all good stuff, and I know many others who feel the same as I do. Misery finds misery.[/quote]

My daughter is a junior recruited by a mid-ranked D1 program with a very good academic reputation. She experienced some highs and lows in the recruiting process, but in the end is very happy with where she is going, the opportunity she will have there and the athletic money she's receiving. We've also met some really great people and made some good friends through lacrosse. We also met a bad apple or two, but were able to not let that get in the way of her love for playing lacrosse. I have to say that although lacrosse is a team sport, unlike almost every other team sport, it has some aspects that really breed a "me first" mentality which is reflected by the behavior on the sidelines. Notice I didn't say on the field - because that's not where the problem is.

Enjoy the next few years because they really do go by much too quickly. [/quote]

Well said and congratulations. Anyone who objectively doesn't say there is a me first attitude in the sport isn't paying attention. [/quote]

I feel that I am closer to my daughter than I would have been had it not been for the countless trips up and down the turnpike. I would not have met some "lifetime" friends after the various nights of bonding at the hotel bars. And let's not forget the future friends that we will be running into at our daughter's future colleges with a simple introduction of - "Hey, you look familiar - didn't your daughter play for (club name) at Lax For the Cure, Lax Inception or where ever." Those are just two of the positives that I am embracing and bringing up. There are a lot of positives, why focus only on the negatives. [/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more! We've made memories that will last forever. Another thing I love is when my daughter walks off the field at a tournament chatting with an opposing player - who she met at a camp or a clinic. She's met literally befriended a hundred or more girls she wouldn't have know otherwise.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros 9. Mnd 6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did YJ 2019s do at Lax For the Cure yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got the sideline report from several parents. They are living up to their reputation of being the worst YJ top team and the worst coached.Team has now become the worst sort of ball hogs with some of their so called top players picking up charges left and right. The good news is I hear they have a new player coach who tells the kids what position they can play and who is allowed on the draw circle .My guess is that team will not make it past this upcoming summer season as soon as kids commit they will abandon ship unless of course you are a coaches kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got the sideline report from several parents. They are living up to their reputation of being the worst YJ top team and the worst coached.Team has now become the worst sort of ball hogs with some of their so called top players picking up charges left and right. The good news is I hear they have a new player coach who tells the kids what position they can play and who is allowed on the draw circle .My guess is that team will not make it past this upcoming summer season as soon as kids commit they will abandon ship unless of course you are a coaches kid.

This sounds like a parent w a daughter on the team who must not be very good. Stop whining. They seemed to hold their own at the G8 this summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This sounds like a parent w a daughter on the team who must not be very good. Stop whining. They seemed to hold their own at the G8 this summer.

Is this the YJ team from last summer? Did they lose any players? There is a lot of chatter about TG losing players - where did they end up? There is a lot of talk about no MD teams at Lax4Cure - is that really true? I was not paying attention.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steps 2019 Blue beat YJ 2019 Blue and TG Black today at the Fall Face Off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is surprising, because we played Steps yesterday and didn't think they were very good. Their parents thought they were, and weren't very happy that they didn't win all their games. Funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't need a report as I was at the games. It appears as if your jealousy is getting the better of you ( oh that's right it was a sideline report from other parents) I would suggest you take ownership of your friend, relative, sibling or daughter and pass the message along that coaches don't care who your Father,Mother Sister or Brother is they want players not spectators. You see College coaches make their living based upon players performance. So time to pull on your big girl panties and show up. Enough excuses !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't need a report as I was at the games. It appears as if your jealousy is getting the better of you ( oh that's right it was a sideline report from other parents) I would suggest you take ownership of your friend, relative, sibling or daughter and pass the message along that coaches don't care who your Father,Mother Sister or Brother is they want players not spectators. You see College coaches make their living based upon players performance. So time to pull on your big girl panties and show up. Enough excuses !

Does that mean that they got beat on as a team, but some girls impressed the coaches watching?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Easy there coach...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Coach, but I was watching with a couple of College coaches and they agreed with my thoughts. Reputation will get you a look, but performance will get you an offer !

Wow. Easy there coach...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this sounds spot on they looked lifeless. there we no college coaches scouting this game. were the top players there or playing soccer / basketball???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And STEPS lost to T3 earlier..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually this seems to prove my point YJ top teams in the past were really not content to "hold their own". I guess they can now change the mantra from fear the bee to "we hold our own".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trying to decipher exactly what you are trying to say, the only thing I get out of it is you have a lot of big girl panties( my guess size xxxl) around the house. On a serious note you are just ignorant. Not all coaches are looking for the same type player, yes some want the ball hog kid who takes it to goal everytime and gets 3 goals , 3 turnovers and 2 charges. Some want the kid who keeps her head up and plays the right way. What most of you fail to realize is that most if not all of these kids will end up at a good school so all of you need to relax, that includes the ball hog kids parents telling them go to goal every time and the parents complaining about ball hog kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but to someone's point earlier YJ blue smoked these girls last summer at G8 by double digit goals. what has happened in the space of a few months? cant start losing to 2nd and 3rd tier teams and keep the same reputation and brand people are paying for right??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but to someone's point earlier YJ blue smoked these girls last summer at G8 by double digit goals. what has happened in the space of a few months? cant start losing to 2nd and 3rd tier teams and keep the same reputation and brand people are paying for right??

You do realize it's fall right? Not a full team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, easy there - they did not exactly "smoke" everybody. They were 3-2, losing to MnD and Heros. The only ones who did any "smoking" was MnD. The closest they got to double digits was against Steps and that's not really much to brag about. So, in reality - the drop off has not been as big as people are making it out to be after all.
If they can stick to playing just the LI and NJ teams - maybe they can build up their brand again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's what I was wondering. I have a 2023 so I am pretty green with all this stuff. I wanted to get a look at the 19's(and the UNC commit in particular) and was stunned to see them playing like that. so they were missing some muscle from the summer team? that's a relief.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then why bother showing up? Why spend the money on tolls, gas and hotels? If it's not a full team, why do some get a pass and others don't? Has anyone asked those questions? Why does it seem like all the MD teams are at full strength and bringing "it"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be careful. The Maryland folks don't like to hear that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is silly- was at the steps/yj blue game. Yj did not play well and lost by 1 to steps. Congrats to steps. Yj finished strong, beating a very good T3 elite team by a whole bunch after that team beat steps by 3 earlier in the day. Congrats to all the girls- the great majority of them will do fine if they want to play at the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's what I was wondering. I have a 2023 so I am pretty green with all this stuff. I wanted to get a look at the 19's(and the UNC commit in particular) and was stunned to see them playing like that. so they were missing some muscle from the summer team? that's a relief.

all 3 of their committed players were on there..it was a full team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't hit the panic button okay. there were at least 3 top girls that weren't there for the 19's. I know it seems bizarre to lose to a NJ team but next summer they will be right back under the thumb of YJ blue. bet the mortgage on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two out of the 3 "commits" were there (UNC and MD) ... the YJ bench was full and had at least 2 full lines ... No excuses. They lost the game. There is a lot more parity in the "A" bracket ... anything can happen on any given day. Yesterday, Steps prevailed and good for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ regarding the banter posted above in the last day or so, don't forget as these girls enter the "recruiting age" these tournaments become less and less about wins and more about showcasing talent.. Everyone should be getting equal playing time, goalies switching at half etc.. Regardless of score.
As someone who has gone through it once and now on my second trip through, no one but the parents care who wins and loses. At some showcases there isn’t even a scoreboard.. But the parents are keeping score.
Hopefully everyone had an opportunity to showcase their individual talent and left the field injury free.. And maybe an email will get forwarded to you from the club telling you a college coach reached out..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

here we go w this nonsense again ... they had their top players there ... Maryland commit UNC commit etc. Stop it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be careful. The Maryland folks don't like to hear that.

I posted it and I am a MD parent. People get too wrapped up in winning and losing these games. Once you get to high school, there aren't even playoffs in most tournaments so who cares who wins. The point is to be seen by college coaches. It's a shame that lacrosse ceases to be really fun for the girls after 8th grade, but in the current landscape, that's the truth. Thankful that my daughter is a 2021 and still have a couple years left before the insanity starts. Hopefully the rule is changed before then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Healthy girls, Great weather, fun couple of weekends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this sounds spot on they looked lifeless. there we no college coaches scouting this game. were the top players there or playing soccer / basketball???

There were plenty of college coaches at the Cure on Saturday. UNC, Maryland, Northwestern, Penn State, Dartmouth, Harvard, Vanderbilt, USC and on and on. All of those mentioned, plus others, watched the top 2019 bracket all day. YJ, Mass Elite, Steps etc. I'm sure all were missing a player or two but generally I think they had a majority of their better players. I know our team had a couple varsity soccer players that could not attend. The results indicate a lot of parity w these teams. And yes there are a couple Maryland teams at this age group that are a couple goals better on average. So what. The vast majority of the girls on these teams will be playing D1 if they want(or choose D2, D3). The games were competitive and seemed like fun, and the college coaches watched some really good players do their thing. Seemed all good to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess I better enjoy the next few seasons when teamwork, competition, and games that mean something are still the deal. is it still any fun to watch when all the players / parents care about is trying to get noticed by the people with the clipboards?? thanks for the warning..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

here we go w this nonsense again ... they had their top players there ... Maryland commit UNC commit etc. Stop it.

Say what you want but those committed kids are not the top of the food chain on this YJ team,I am sure they are good players and all and have no idea if there best players were there but to assume that they are the best players on that team because they committed early is wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Say what you want but those committed kids are not the top of the food chain on this YJ team,I am sure they are good players and all and have no idea if there best players were there but to assume that they are the best players on that team because they committed early is wrong

Wait. So you know who are the best players and who are not. You actually don't know if the committed players are good but think they must be. You don't actually know who was at the games and who wasn't. But somehow you feel like you can comment on this? Lets just assume that each team was missing one or two players that would have made some difference. Therefore the outcomes/competition was about what it would be. And it was pretty even. Rather than worry that it somehow makes YJ look bad, lets celebrate that girl's lax is becoming competitive across a broader region and that bodes well for the sport.

And to the post saying that winning and losing doesn't matter and only the parents care about that, I disagree. The girls care quite a bit, or at least the competitive ones do. But that doesn't mean shortening benches etc. Winning with your whole team playing is even more satisfying. I love watching these young women compete and work together for a common goal. The best teams let that happen. So if this 2019 YJ plays everyone equally, that is to be commended, not ridiculed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ regarding the banter posted above in the last day or so, don't forget as these girls enter the "recruiting age" these tournaments become less and less about wins and more about showcasing talent.. Everyone should be getting equal playing time, goalies switching at half etc.. Regardless of score.
As someone who has gone through it once and now on my second trip through, no one but the parents care who wins and loses. At some showcases there isn’t even a scoreboard.. But the parents are keeping score.
Hopefully everyone had an opportunity to showcase their individual talent and left the field injury free.. And maybe an email will get forwarded to you from the club telling you a college coach reached out..

Agreed...You hope games are evenly matched so all the girls (A,M,D, G) are all getting touches and getting looks by the coaches. Winning is fun but playing in competitive games is a lot better for all involved

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"And to the post saying that winning and losing doesn't matter and only the parents care about that, I disagree. The girls care quite a bit, or at least the competitive ones do."

In the moment the girls want to do their best and win.. ask them 5 minutes later and they probably won't remember the score.

As this recruiting train rolls on, you'll see girls from different states hugging it out on the field before and after games as they become friends with other players at College camps, clinics, prospect days, Under Armor Brine etc.
M&D, YJ, Stars, Steps all start to lose meaning as college allegiances build.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"And to the post saying that winning and losing doesn't matter and only the parents care about that, I disagree. The girls care quite a bit, or at least the competitive ones do."

In the moment the girls want to do their best and win.. ask them 5 minutes later and they probably won't remember the score.

As this recruiting train rolls on, you'll see girls from different states hugging it out on the field before and after games as they become friends with other players at College camps, clinics, prospect days, Under Armor Brine etc.
M&D, YJ, Stars, Steps all start to lose meaning as college allegiances build.

Don't disagree with any of that except they know who won and lost. And while they move on from it, as they should, they still care. I will agree that they don't care in the same way the wacko parents do, but in the way any competitors do. To say otherwise is to not give them enough credit. In a way, it's almost sexist. Because I doubt you would say that about the boys. The girls just show it differently. You see NFL players "hugging it out" on the field before and after games. I doubt you would say they are uncompetitive or don't care about the outcome. I think you are mixing several things up. But ultimately, if they are all having fun and reaching their personal goals, it's all good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been involved with the lax recruiting craziness for several years but my little laxer just signed her NLI last week so hopefully I'm done. But, I will offer a little perspective if you will allow me.
For my daughter's club team, I was the person that gave out the flyers to the college coaches. I've done it since the fall of 2013, and I've met and talked to over 100 coaches. I've asked about 100 of them if they knew the score of the game they were watching, because with my duties I couldn't keep track or see the little scores across the field. 99.99% did not know the score. 99.99% of the parents did. The coaches are there to watch the girls they are recruiting, not really the game as a whole. I'm sure they get a "feel" for the score or who is ahead, but it's mostly irrelevant to them. For the most part, parents "get it", and know that the important thing is how the girls play and perform. There are some club's parents out there that seem to live and die with the team's successes or failures (YJ), like it's the superbowl. Everyone wants to win, but as the girls get into the recruiting zone, winning and losing becomes a LOT less important and on-field performance takes precedent (except to YJ).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken as a true loser

Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard