BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Re: Boys 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Last two weekends competition included JV team from Dallas, playing up and winning JV division of Forsberg, Laxachussettes 2016 and CT Chargers 2016. Not a bad warm up for the Young Gun's and 3D tourneys coming up in Maryland where they will compete against Crabs, Canadien Edge, Green, Roadhawks, West Coast All-Stars and NXT to name a few...Not too shabby. Who's Team 91 playing?

Boy, you express parents sure have it bad for 91. Maybe you should have stayed with your original schedule instead of shifting things around hoping no one would notice. Oh thats right, not enough competition for you with the original tournaments. Good for you. BTW, true champions let their play talk for them instead of doing it anonymously through a computer keyboard. The only thing your doing is making your team and the express organization look bad. Looks like 91 contingent has left the site to concentrate on their season to leave you with whatever you're trying to prove. While it is at times entertaining, you're taking away from the rest of us who want to come on here and really discuss what's going on at this grade. Hope your season is everything you need it to be.
Express wins big the complaint is they they are in the wrong tournament so they have moved to different tournaments for better competition not to have lopsided games so far laxachussets leading edge titans crabs outlaws turtlles a Texas team all found mike Cs number but 91 can't find it you see where they are going here is your invitation to come and play 91 wants pictures on their web site express wants to play the best

Then good for the express if you feel that is what's best for the boys. The point is that the express is making a big deal out of not playing 91 when they were set to play in two tournaments this year and the express decided to go else where. Cite whatever reason you would like for that decision. If express wanted play 91 so bad, they would of stayed in one of those tournaments. BTW, I know the 91 team has played the outlaws and was set to play the turltles last weekend until they lost and dropped into the losers bracket. I'm sure the two teams will play more common opponents as the season goes along. Then you and the 91 parents came come on here to list the teams and scores to compare against each other. BTW, some punctuation would be helpful the next time you post. That was one tough read.
Express went to mad lax last year the only team that scored a goal on them is not there they are in the patriot games they won the other games by 17 or more 91 trying to follow in the expresses foot steps . Back out and follow them . Let's see how you do playing quality teams. For the express it is not about 1 team it's about the challenge

You obviously can't be reasoned with and reading your posts is giving me a headache. For some reason, I don't think 91 is trying to follow you guys around. They posted their tournament schedule very early and up until recently, the express's has been hidden. All I can say is good luck to both these teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the express was at Lehigh last weekend? or was that another express team? whatever express team was in 2016 "a" got run over!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
??. 2015 is 2015. Those kids are in HS as freshman and can not play on U15 teams this summer

Unless they're from MD. Then they will drive themselves to the u-15 games....

Give it a rest. Do the U15 Crabs often have kids who have repeated 8th? Yes - some of these kids would normally be 2015 kids.

But saying that everyone in MD is a year older is beyond an exaggeration. Get over yourself.

Now your admitting it, wow! "crabs often have kids that repeated 8th grade" if that's not playing DOWN, what is? In any legit tournament the rules state that if you have kids that are over the age cut off, they must play in the next bracket UP... Hence your team should be playing U-16 or U17 depending on the event. Here in LI that means 2015, 2014 or 2013 bracket. Only problem for you guys is the other teams will be the same age. No more advantage.

1. "you're", not "your".

2. Are you really that stupid? I'm not a Crabs parent, but while it's weird how MIAA families like to reapeat 8th grade in order to be bigger on the field, they are not breaking any rules. U15 states the kid must be born after 9/1/98, so even if their roster consists of kids who have repeated a year, they are not breaking any rules for a U15 division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oops. I meant 9/1/96.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the express was at Lehigh last weekend? or was that another express team? whatever express team was in 2016 "a" got run over!

do you mean the 91 white team in 2016 got run over?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
??. 2015 is 2015. Those kids are in HS as freshman and can not play on U15 teams this summer

Give it a rest. Do the U15 Crabs often have kids who have repeated 8th? Yes - some of these kids would normally be 2015 kids.

But saying that everyone in MD is a year older is beyond an exaggeration. Get over yourself.

Now your admitting it, wow! "crabs often have kids that repeated 8th grade" if that's not playing DOWN, what is? In any legit tournament the rules state that if you have kids that are over the age cut off, they must play in the next bracket UP... Hence your team should be playing U-16 or U17 depending on the event. Here in LI that means 2015, 2014 or 2013 bracket. Only problem for you guys is the other teams will be the same age. No more advantage.

1. "you're", not "your".

2. Are you really that stupid? I'm not a Crabs parent, but while it's weird how MIAA families like to reapeat 8th grade in order to be bigger on the field, they are not breaking any rules. U15 states the kid must be born after 9/1/98, so even if their roster consists of kids who have repeated a year, they are not breaking any rules for a U15 division.

YOU'RE missing the point Mr. English teacher. Clearly, if you repeat eight grade there is a good chance you're older than the 9/1/96 cut off. Not only that, the kid now has an additional year of competition under his belt. He will now be playing primarily against younger less expierenced players. So when a team loaded with kids who should be playing 2015 play other real 2016 teams they look all world. Anyway you look at it's BS. By the way. What kind of sick degenerate parent has their kid repeat eight grade for an edge in lacrosse? This makes the nut jobs who hold their kid back a year from starting school look normal...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. "you're", not "your".

YOU'RE missing the point Mr. English teacher. Clearly, if you repeat eight grade there is a good chance you're older than the 9/1/96 cut off. Not only that, the kid now has an additional year of competition under his belt. He will now be playing primarily against younger less expierenced players. So when a team loaded with kids who should be playing 2015 play other real 2016 teams they look all world. Anyway you look at it's BS. By the way. What kind of sick degenerate parent has their kid repeat eight grade for an edge in lacrosse? This makes the nut jobs who hold their kid back a year from starting school look normal...

It's usually the fathers of kids that think their kid can't compete in the grade they should be in and the fact that the fathers were also never any good in lax or other sports themselves that hold their kids back for lacrosse. Re-living their youth again. The pressure from these type of parents will eventually burn the kid out or the kid will go wild in college when daddy isn't there to tell him what to do anymore. I feel bad for the wives too, especially after the kids are grown and it's just the two of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. "you're", not "your".

Wrong. Most kids who just finished 8th grade were born in 1998. Those who may have repeated are born in 1997. It is U15, so those kids who may have repeated are still eligible.

Stop tilting at windmills. I would never have my son repeat a grade, but it happens all the time in other sports: basketball, football, hockey, etc. The only people I've ever seen complain about it are Long Island lacrosse parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha, try again guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse has NOTHING on travel basketball prior to 2012 (rules just changed) old rules were A current 15 year old could play as a 7th grader

7th Grade Division Rules prior to 2012

v. An athlete must be in the 8th grade as of October 1, 2010 and cannotturn 16

prior to September 1, 2011.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express played outlaw tournament 2016 won it then Sunday won the jv division beat laxachussets and two others this Saturday beat a good 10th grade Texas team Sunday playing in crabfest and flag 3d later on not going to mad lax to play long island teams

I suggest Mommy and Daddy invest in a good english tutor rather than travel lacrosse. If you're an adult... shocked

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha, try again guy

Great comeback. The rules state that you can play U15 (as long as you aren't on a HS team in season) if you are born anytime after 9/1/96. In other words, anyone born in 1997 or younger can play U15.

I'm not a Crabs parent, not did my kid repeat 8th. Those are the facts and no immature retorts by you can refute them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2016 scores from Maverik tourn. today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever happened to the LI Raiders? They had some good results last year, but I haven't heard anything about them recently. Did they disband?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of their better players are on Team 91 Orange 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a group of 91 kids that play under the name Raiders. I think in 6th grade > 7th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...and their best player in on Express Orange 2016.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team that was afraid to play the Turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the question asked was what happened to the raiders... pathetic... my one time a week checking on this site for anything useful has once again fallen into the my kids team is better than your kids toilet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone else attend the Team 91 2016 team workout at the Firstlook camp @ Hofstra the past three days did anyone see the same thing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See what, my kid atttended the camp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you referring to ? My son attended, I did not get to see any of the camp. My son did not have many good things to say about the camp

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My son attended and enjoyed it very much. I spent the day there yesterday and thought it was run very well. I liked that coaches spoke everyday about what it takes to be a collegiate athlete. I witnessed interaction with college coaches and the campers during morning drills in the stadium.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone else attend the Team 91 2016 team workout at the Firstlook camp @ Hofstra the past three days did anyone see the same thing?

LOL. Yes, there were alot of 91 kids at the camp. There were also plenty of kids from other teams. I saw helmets and recognized kids from as express orange, jesters, true blue, fl$ and several towns. The 91 kids seemed evenly divided among the teams as far as numbers go so it was far from an organized practice for them.

BTW, my son mentioned as least 7 or 8 college coaches who instructed them on drills, coached teams or gave talks. Knowing the attention span of a 14 y.o. boy, you could guess at least 12 ccolleges were represented.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What camp were you at? There were no college coaches there. The camp was supposed to have 20 coaches there. Who did you see, name the 20 that were there? Name 10? Better yet name 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name the coaches who instructed the kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was a waste of money, Tierney is a good snake oil salesman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Asst.Coaches were there no Head Coaches get a refund

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What camp were you at? There were no college coaches there. The camp was supposed to have 20 coaches there. Who did you see, name the 20 that were there? Name 10? Better yet name 5

For starters:

Hofstra
Rutgers (coached my son's team yesterday afternoon)
St. Johns
Marquette
Lehigh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name the coaches who instructed the kids?

Coaches also talked to the groups about nutrition, working out, academics and what a college lacrosse player's schedule is like. If your son didn't mention any of this to you he obviously wasn't paying attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
still can't name the coaches, nobody really got any names we just got school logo's on the website. For all we no it could have been the towel boy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
still can't name the coaches, nobody really got any names we just got school logo's on the website. For all we no it could have been the towel boy

I just think you got an ax to grind with 91. Your kid probably didn't even attend the camp. Did you really expect Head Coaches to come watch a group of 8th Graders? Your problem isn't with the camp, it's with reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid was there all tree days, and so was i. Saw it first hand

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the 2016 Raiders are no more? They were a decent team last year.

Which club has the better 2016 team - Team LI or Team 91?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As going to this camp, I was watching the 2016 91 orange goalie. Kid was insane. i dont see anyone getting the ball passed this kid. I'm looking forward to watching the 2016 Express orange team play against 2016 91 orange, its gonna be a sick matchup.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Player Reference
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
u have to be kiddig with fl$??? the 2016 blue express team beat fl$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As going to this camp, I was watching the 2016 91 orange goalie. Kid was insane. i dont see anyone getting the ball passed this kid. I'm looking forward to watching the 2016 Express orange team play against 2016 91 orange, its gonna be a sick matchup.
91 lost big to laxzchussets this weekend. My son is friends with an express player and they have beat laxachussets twice, two weeks ago by 10 goals. The express has lost two games and won all the rest. Both games to the crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For starters:

Hofstra
St. Johns
Marquette
Lehigh

You can add Towson, Adelphi and Post to the list. These are coaches not players. Also know that Matt Danowski came and talked to the boys. But, I guess you guys missed all that LOL.

My son said he also learned several new checks, techniques and what goes into being a college athlete. I guess negative people have nothing but negative things to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 lost big to laxzchussets this weekend. My son is friends with an express player and they have beat laxachussets twice, two weeks ago by 10 goals. The express has lost two games and won all the rest. Both games to the crabs.

I know parents on both teams. I heard from 91 they played laxachussets twice at Laxfest last weekend. Tied the first game on Saturday and lost by 3 goals to them in the playoffs on Sunday. I think you got the express vs. laxachussets scores wrong. I was told they won by 3. Two weeks ago, express was at forsberg tourney. I don't think laxachussets was there. I know the express played laxachussets in the spring. Not sure about a second game.

At least have your facts semi-correct before coming on hear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For starters:

Hofstra
St. Johns
Marquette
Lehigh

You can add Towson, Adelphi and Post to the list. These are coaches not players. Also know that Matt Danowski came and talked to the boys. But, I guess you guys missed all that LOL.

My son said he also learned several new checks, techniques and what goes into being a college athlete. I guess negative people have nothing but negative things to say.

Sweet. Learning how to throw checks should be the #1 priority for any kid. Great use of your money!

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard