BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 44 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel bad for the kids that their parents are idiots, MC been doing this for years, some of the parents still fall for the pitch line its all about practice time, FYI, my older guy never played on A team, and is going D1. Parents its no fun looking over your shoulder every practice to see what new kid is getting out of is car.Or driving 4 hours spending money on hotel, do watch a guess player play over your kid.Move on, have fun, enjoy the game of lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spot on with that post. Make sure your son plays and has fun everything else will work itself out especially if your kid has good grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Finally someone Anonymous post a true statement . Parents are more so caught up on having their child play on a hyped up "A" team so they themselves can feel self gratification of being on the best team. The fact of the matter is most kids couldn't hold up on an A team level but do so as part of filling a roster for the sake of those who are capable . You are doing a diservace to your child's devolpment by being practice meat ! It's not worth while for your glorious moment of bragging rights at your next Christmas party.
Think about it !!

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I feel bad for the kids that their parents are idiots, MC been doing this for years, some of the parents still fall for the pitch line its all about practice time, FYI, my older guy never played on A team, and is going D1. Parents its no fun looking over your shoulder every practice to see what new kid is getting out of is car.Or driving 4 hours spending money on hotel, do watch a guess player play over your kid.Move on, have fun, enjoy the game of lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many AA teams have a top half of talented kids who play 90% of all close games. The bottom half sit for mostof those games. I must admit that I always thought I wanted my son on one of those teams. Matter of fact he was, but after a few tourneys I saw the reality. My kid is good but he wasn't in the top half. I swallowed my pride and he is
now on a different team that has gotten beaten by his old team soundly. But he is playing, building confidence, making good friends, and the coaches are great. They practice a lot and learn alot. Will they be able to beat his old team? Probably not, but they will sure try. It doesn't matter if they win just as long as they are learning and growing. The right fit is often hard to find for your kid. The right coach and similar talent is important. He's also played on teams where he was the best kid and that also wasn't a great experience as they weren't competitjve.
There are plenty of teams for everyone and not everyone should play on a AA team just so roster spots can be filled
And by the way, for those parents on the express team whose kids are sitting, is it really worth it? I know its a great feeling to win championships, but if u are like me u are there to see your own kid play not just the other kids. And if your kid isn't playing and he's practicing and not missing then u need to reevaluate as he won't be happy for long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100%. To be on a team just so you can say that you are on a AA team is counter productive. Unless you are the top echelon. I would rather my son play! Regardless of the perceived benefits of playing for such a prestigious team. I don't want to spend a lot of time and money watching other people's kids play. Many kids playing for regular A or the better B teams are getting playing experience in real games and therefore learning to handle pressures that they won't get on the bench on the elite team. In the long run they will probably be better than a kid with the same talent level who is watching the studs play all the meaningful minutes.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not that I disagree with those points, but however, if your is on a strong team than there must be a lot of one sided games your kid could play in. 2021 Channy plays everyone and when it's gets close in score he plays the studs until he gets a comfortable lead. That team normally doesn't blow teams away just wins by 4 or 5 goals. My son's team played them and it was very obvious when the starters were in compared to the second string.
I am not promoting Channy but do understand his mentality. These players came to Channy because he has a product that produces.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their schedule has been posted and they never had a tournament this weekend. The next and last for fall is the Express tournament MAYFLOWER Madness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yikes Last year Black was the #1 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many AA teams have a top half of talented kids who play 90% of all close games. The bottom half sit for mostof those games. I must admit that I always thought I wanted my son on one of those teams. Matter of fact he was, but after a few tourneys I saw the reality. My kid is good but he wasn't in the top half. I swallowed my pride and he is
now on a different team that has gotten beaten by his old team soundly. But he is playing, building confidence, making good friends, and the coaches are great. They practice a lot and learn alot. Will they be able to beat his old team? Probably not, but they will sure try. It doesn't matter if they win just as long as they are learning and growing. The right fit is often hard to find for your kid. The right coach and similar talent is important. He's also played on teams where he was the best kid and that also wasn't a great experience as they weren't competitjve.
There are plenty of teams for everyone and not everyone should play on a AA team just so roster spots can be filled
And by the way, for those parents on the express team whose kids are sitting, is it really worth it? I know its a great feeling to win championships, but if u are like me u are there to see your own kid play not just the other kids. And if your kid isn't playing and he's practicing and not missing then u need to reevaluate as he won't be happy for long.

Well said, I have a very similar story. My son did well on the A team he was on. Although it is fall ball I can see he is thriving on this B team. I struggled in the beginning, thinking he would not get the training. Fortunately I was wrong. He is truly happy and that is all I can ask for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not that I disagree with those points, but however, if your is on a strong team than there must be a lot of one sided games your kid could play in. 2021 Channy plays everyone and when it's gets close in score he plays the studs until he gets a comfortable lead. That team normally doesn't blow teams away just wins by 4 or 5 goals. My son's team played them and it was very obvious when the starters were in compared to the second string.
I am not promoting Channy but do understand his mentality. These players came to Channy because he has a product that produces.
No doubt that he would play in the lopsided games where nothing is on the line. I want meaningful minutes where he and his teammates have to dig deeper in order to win. I am not knocking anyone for doing what they think is right for their son. Just one guys opinion.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their schedule has been posted and they never had a tournament this weekend. The next and last for fall is the Express tournament MAYFLOWER Madness.

OHHHH.......so that makes it OK for their best player to play for ICON this weekend? Good Luck in the spring and summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have 30 kids how much playing time is there ? Its simple math

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even in blowouts the Express kids sit on the bench. Don't be fooled. They are great at recruitment I will give them that but at this age kids need to play to develop and if a kid is on the bench they won't be seen. Should be obvious but people believe what they want to believe. That scholarship for all magnet is very strong for a weak minded parent.

No doubt that he would play in the lopsided games where nothing is on the line. I want meaningful minutes where he and his teammates have to dig deeper in order to win. I am not knocking anyone for doing what they think is right for their son. Just one guys opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how did all the 2021 teams do at Yale today ? Mustang ? Lehigh ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Below is a bunch scores noted from the board at Yale:

2021s:
2way beat 3D NE 4-0
PT beat TG Necks 12-1
PT beat Express N 11-1
2way tie Preds 1-1
PT beat 91 Ambush 6-3
Express N beat TG Necks 6-3
91 Ambush beat Express N 6-3
Express N beat TG necks 6-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Express North? Did the big older kids not play today?

Below is a bunch scores noted from the board at Yale:

2021s:
2way beat 3D NE 4-0
PT beat TG Necks 12-1
PT beat Express N 11-1
2way tie Preds 1-1
PT beat 91 Ambush 6-3
Express N beat TG necks 6-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What happened to Express North? Did the big older kids not play today?

[quote=Anonymous]Below is a bunch scores noted from the board at Yale:

2021s:
2way beat 3D NE 4-0
PT beat TG Necks 12-1
PT beat Express N 11-1
2way tie Preds 1-1
PT beat 91 Ambush 6-3
Express N beat TG necks

The PT kids were as big as the coaches, who is fielding older kids?
Did one of the PT parents really say one of the kids flew in from Florida?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The PT kids were no bigger than the other teams. Actually the 91 Ambush kids and 2way kids were bigger. And please, the idea of Florida kids coming in for PT, LOL, absolutely no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The PT kids were no bigger than the other teams. Actually the 91 Ambush kids and 2way kids were bigger. And please, the idea of Florida kids coming in for PT, LOL, absolutely no.

Primetime had the biggest kids (read oldest) on the field today at Yale for 2021 division. The kid coming in from Florida sounds far fetched but that was the rumor today. I think he tried out for our team. If true, this sport has taken another step towards insanity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Outlaws do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Primetime had the biggest kids (read oldest) on the field today at Yale for 2021 division. The kid coming in from Florida sounds far fetched but that was the rumor today. I think he tried out for our team. If true, this sport has taken another step towards insanity.
I would have to agree on PT being the biggest by far. They were a good team with tall athletic middies. 2 Way had a couple of big kids too. I think the 91 team was on the smaller side. Their attack is tiny with the exception of one kid. Middies are average sized and so is the defense except for one kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looneys 2020 has at least 1 (I believe it is 2 now) players that fly in from FL for them. I still can't believe it. People are nuts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like that prediction should have started bottom up..

quote=Anonymous]3d NE 2021
2 Way Select 2021
Predators 2021
NH Tomahawks 2021 Purple
Necks 2021 Orange
Primetime 2021
Team 91 Ambush
LI Express North 2021
3d NE South 2021
CT Bulldogs 2021
LI Outlaws Black 2021
LI Empire 2021

Where is Black Ice, LIE Channy, Icon, 91 Orange, Eclipse or Laxachusettes. Without those six programs this tournament is a B level tournament and anyone has a chance of winning the 2021 bracket. My money is on Outlaws Black. Go Outlaws make Long Island proud.
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws tied Empire 4-4 but there was some controversy over one goal. A shot from Empire went through the cage. One ref said goal and another said no goal. That would have given the game to Empire. Outlaws then went on to beat 3D NE south and then CT Bulldogs. They were eliminated from the finals due to goal differential with Empire. All in all a great day for lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid from FL is a fact. He has played on PT for a number of years. Big and talented. I don't doubt some of those kids are in 7th, I do doubt that they are 12/13. Height is one thing, filled out with height is another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like 91 Ambush is finding there way. They beat LIE North 7-3, Beat Necks Orange 6-3, & gave PT there only tuff game of the day with a 6-4 loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Empire Black do?

Outlaws tied Empire 4-4 but there was some controversy over one goal. A shot from Empire went through the cage. One ref said goal and another said no goal. That would have given the game to Empire. Outlaws then went on to beat 3D NE south and then CT Bulldogs. They were eliminated from the finals due to goal differential with Empire. All in all a great day for lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Made it all the way to 1st place championship and tied . No Braveheart.

quote=Anonymous]How did Empire Black do?

[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I happened to keep an eye on their games. Hate to say it but if they keep this up, all winter and have a solid spring, this will be a powerful team.
Looks like 91 Ambush is finding there way. They beat LIE North 7-3, Beat Necks Orange 6-3, & gave PT there only tuff game of the day with a 6-4 loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. and the week before this they lost every game. Stop. If they played their A team theyd lose 20 to 0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so you must of been one of the parents who's kid got cut. Ok move forward and get over it. You are correct they lost every game in a torn. (it was actually two weeks ago)
So what does a team do. They regroup, fix issues, practice, and try again. (You seem like a person who lays down a dies, and blames everyone else but yourself. It's very clear based on your comment)
They went up to YALE and had a successful day. What is wrong with that? Oh wait, you probably never played sports also. Yet you have a crystal ball to predict the future of a 20-0 score. If that is true and you do have a crystal ball can you come out from behind your computer and give me the this weeks Lotto numbers.
Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not the person who wrote the post. Negative comments against 91 does not come from being cut. Sitting on the sidelines and listening to the parents is awful. Then reading these threads. This is every year not just 2021. And before you make any assumptions my kids never tried out for any 91 team and have never lost to any 91 team accept 2021 Heat in a close game. As for Ambush they have some talent. If they can stay together they have potential to be an A or even AA. They are not there yet. The teams they beat yesterday are not A. Just keep practicing and make it fun for the kids. People will notice when they become an A team. You don't have to say it here or on the sidelines. Good luck this year. Have fun and don't worry so much of about A or B. thid travel lax goes fast and you won't enjoy it you are always arguing about how good the team is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100% my comment was in response to this one
"Yeah. and the week before this they lost every game. Stop. If they played their A team theyd lose 20 to 0"
Ur comment is accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so you must of been one of the parents who's kid got cut. Ok move forward and get over it. You are correct they lost every game in a torn. (it was actually two weeks ago)
So what does a team do. They regroup, fix issues, practice, and try again. (You seem like a person who lays down a dies, and blames everyone else but yourself. It's very clear based on your comment)
They went up to YALE and had a successful day. What is wrong with that? Oh wait, you probably never played sports also. Yet you have a crystal ball to predict the future of a 20-0 score. If that is true and you do have a crystal ball can you come out from behind your computer and give me the this weeks Lotto numbers.
Thanks
Son never played for 91 although was offered a spot on the white team a few years back. I read the 2021 thread because that's my sons age. WHat is the need I wonder for pareents to com eon this thread and write that 91 B team is better then their A team ? [lacrosse] silly is it that fater a week of going 0-3 you hear nothing, then a week or so later when you have a decent day against B plus teams the need to come on here and post {its all coming together, see, we are sooooo great" Stop, you have a bunch a good players who will probably all be starters on their HS teams in the future but you are not an elite team. What is the need to subject those who read this thread to idiotic postings of greatness that everybody except those who have a kid on the team and are delusional know to be false? And of course if anybody point this out, they must have been cut from the team and filled with envy, not somebody that merely rolls their eyes and points out the obvious. God < or members a few years ago the Express B team telling everybody they where better then the A team , or the Outlaws top team proclamation every year that there was as good as 91, Igloo , Icon and Express. What is teh need to do this ? Just play lacrosse, some updates on close games and good play is nice,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire black played in the championship?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
icon just beat crabs and eclipse to win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
icon just beat crabs and eclipse to win

That's bad news for Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, they tied 4-4. Empire was in control early and looked like they were going to run away with it. Second half Bronxville got a second wind and tied it up just before the end of the game. Good game to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why you can't believe most things you read on here. A previous post said they played in a championship at Yale.
That Empire Team is a joke

Schedule was released tonight and empire black is in B not b/c really get your facts straight and stop worrying about sub-par and worry about living up to what your coach and organization claims , after all you been waisting money for a few years trying to get it right !

quote=Anonymous]Why is empire black playing in b/c division? I thought they are empires elite team if they even have one . that's what you call playing for a t-shirt.sub par coaching and players on that team.those parents definitely drink alot of kool aid

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH SMALL BRAIN MAN
[/quote]

Page 21 of 44 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard