BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 70 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not trying to stir things up here, but I've been told that one of the new teams in this age group has 2-3 players that are actually in 6th grade. Being that club lacrosse on LI is grade based, isn't this CHEATING? I am pretty sure that these kids played on another team last year and followed their Farmingdale based coach to their new team. Imagine being a quality 5th grader, yet losing out on a lot of playing time because your organization is willing to cheat and have a kid(s) play in 2023 even though they are 2022? I have heard this from more then one source, by the way.

Again, there are no 6th graders on S2S - NONE. Everyone is a 5th grader. There was a 5th grader last year on the 4th grade Igloo team that was coached by the F'Dale guy(that all the Igloo higher-ups knew about and were ok with). He is not on S2S and is a current member of the 6th grade Outlaws Select team (very good player). The other player everyone is concerned about is from Manhattan - he has a fall birthday but is a 5th grader.

Everyone please stop with the "older kid" nonsense. They are a good team with really good coaching...

So to be clear, there's a few kids that by NYS standards should be in 6th grade but have been held back to 5th. Supperb!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phew. So they cheated last year, but not his year. There were 3 kids that were playing DOWN. You told me about two. The third is on S2S. FACT. Good Coaching. Good recruiting. Great organization. Goo times. Long Island staying classy. [/quote]

Igloo cheated last year - not S2S...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to be clear, there's a few kids that by NYS standards should be in 6th grade but have been held back to 5th. Supperb! [/quote]

Please tell me which team of the following do not have a kid with a fall BDay: Igloo, Bandits, Honey Badgers or Outlaws.

The answer is none - they all have kids with bdays in the fall (and some with bdays in the spring and summer of 2004).

S2S is all US Lacrosse eligible - born after 9/1/2004.

Again, whoever is saying that they have 6th graders is trying to stir the pot. S2S is all age appropriate. Let it go...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to be clear, there's a few kids that by NYS standards should be in 6th grade but have been held back to 5th. Supperb!

Please tell me which team of the following do not have a kid with a fall BDay: Igloo, Bandits, Honey Badgers or Outlaws.

The answer is none - they all have kids with bdays in the fall (and some with bdays in the spring and summer of 2004).

S2S is all US Lacrosse eligible - born after 9/1/2004.

Again, whoever is saying that they have 6th graders is trying to stir the pot. S2S is all age appropriate. Let it go... [/quote]

Who cares? So your little kid is not on the best team? Try out for S2S next year. They have played one tourney. They're good, but lets wait till the Spring before you all crap yourselves. Igloo looked great on Columbus Day, but not so great last time out. Badgers looked awesome last year, but the pack has clearly caught up with them. This is how it works so please don't act surprised in the Spring when it all changes again. Everyone needs to realize that any team can win on any given day. That's what makes it interesting. And yes, every team has holdbacks. All of them. There's nothing wrong with that based on the rules of most LI tourneys. Get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring of 2004 should be 2022

The school year 2023 in ny state is December 1 2014 - November 30 2015.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring of 2004 should be 2022

The school year 2023 in ny state is December 1 2014 - November 30 2015.

Understood - AGAIN, S2S is all US Lacrosse eligible - born after 9/1/2004. All grade appropriate, all in 5th grade.

By the way every other state where lacrosse is relevant uses a 9/1 cut-off which is why US Lacrosse uses it.

Can we please move on...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAHAH Funny how the S2S coach is so eager to "move on" and stop discussing their older players and cheating..Too Funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure about that 9/1/04 cutoff? Check again S2S dad. Lefty attackman on S2S has January 04 birthday. Any PAL coach can confirm. No secret. Could he be in 5th grade? Could be. But stop with the US Lacrosse date nonsense. He's clearly way older. His coach cheated with Igloo last year. So when there's smoke there's usually fire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAHAH Funny how the S2S coach is so eager to "move on" and stop discussing their older players and cheating..Too Funny

That can't be a coach writing that stuff, they would never make such a false statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somebody puts together a team that is not a traditional power and they win so of course they must be cheating? They are all in 5th grade - I am not sure how many times it must be said. Instead of excuses why not take the high road and congratulate them on a good win?

I am guessing there will be many more competitive games in the future at this age. Enjoy it. All of that is good for LI lacrosse...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somebody puts together a team that is not a traditional power and they win so of course they must be cheating? They are all in 5th grade - I am not sure how many times it must be said. Instead of excuses why not take the high road and congratulate them on a good win?

I am guessing there will be many more competitive games in the future at this age. Enjoy it. All of that is good for LI lacrosse...

I assume you mean at this grade, as they wouldn't qualify for age based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No parent from either team is writing this junk!

Everyone was happy with the practice and I for one hope we do it on a regular basis.

The negativity comes from haters!!!!!

No one who was there wrote this or you would know what the scrimmage was about. Go worry about your own team instead of being a wash woman looking for gossip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo went with daddy coaches for 2023. They were dishonest about coaching staff from the beginning. One figurehead coach and two screaming slimy daddies running the show. Their kids get outsized playing time while we pay above market prices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So clearly your not apart of this team, because the parents are very happy with the program, the coaches, the team, the players, the practices, the fields, etc. Don't know where you getting your info from, but its clearly not correct. See the only opinion that matters is the families involved with this team.. And we are all very happy, don't hate because we have a good thing. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you and I should have a chat at the next game. My son has been on the team for 2 years no and Iwe are far from happy, and I know several other families who feel the same way. AA was dishonest at the start and its obvious now why he did it the way he did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 SLIMY DADDIES? u serious?

Igloo went with daddy coaches for 2023. They were dishonest about coaching staff from the beginning. One figurehead coach and two screaming slimy daddies running the show. Their kids get outsized playing time while we pay above market prices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM the ultimate Troll.
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

Don't feed into his BS or insanity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are unhappy,leave! Shame on you for staying.Don't disrupt the chemistry on this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are unhappy,leave! Shame on you for staying.Don't disrupt the chemistry on this team.

This guy isn't on the team, he's just stirring it up from the outside. Igloo has a completely open dialogue between parents and ownership, emails and cell numbers are clearly posted on the website. Only a fool would use this platform to complain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. I have AA's phone #. And all of your #s on Team Snap too. But this forum is to shine light on dishonest practices to inform future parents. AA lied to us last year when he said no holdbacks on the team. Anyone on the team last year was at that first meeting and can confirm. And yet there were holdbacks then and we have holdbacks now. Yes, it's ok under grade-based rules but that's not what AA claimed. And he lied when he said he didn't know there was a kid a grade older on the team. JC knew and said it was discussed at beginning of season. And he lied this year when he pretended that SH wasn't going to coach. Please that deal was done way before tryouts. We all knew it. My son loves the uniforms so I'm stuck. But don't think for a minute that I'm happy or trust the organization. You can cover it up. But truth is truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are what's wrong with parents nowadays. Youre 'stuck' because your son likes the uniforms? WOW! Way to be a parent! Don't stand up for what YOU believe is Right!? let your child dictate his future. Im sure he doesn't overhear conversations that you have about this either. "its ok that my team cheats, we look sick in these uniforms." project that out 20yrs.. "its ok we robbed that bank, look at my new suits "
Teach your kid YOUR VALUES!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Warning to Parents:
Travel lacrosse is not rec league or PAL. Its meant for kids who are looking to compete against the best, regardless of a few months of age.
Baltimore, DC, Boston, and Philly are not playing by the same rules as LI. They have mastered the holdback and its only getting worse. Do yourself a favor and get used to it, its actually probably better to play against older kids now so they get used to it.
Worry about your own kids growth and not wins and losses.
If your upset with your club, have some balls and call the coach or owner..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. I have AA's phone #. And all of your #s on Team Snap too. But this forum is to shine light on dishonest practices to inform future parents. AA lied to us last year when he said no holdbacks on the team. Anyone on the team last year was at that first meeting and can confirm. And yet there were holdbacks then and we have holdbacks now. Yes, it's ok under grade-based rules but that's not what AA claimed. And he lied when he said he didn't know there was a kid a grade older on the team. JC knew and said it was discussed at beginning of season. And he lied this year when he pretended that SH wasn't going to coach. Please that deal was done way before tryouts. We all knew it. My son loves the uniforms so I'm stuck. But don't think for a minute that I'm happy or trust the organization. You can cover it up. But truth is truth.

So your son was on this team last year -- you were unhappy then. You had your son try out and accept a spot again this year. Your still unhappy. But you won't leave because your son likes the uniform? Dude noone is taking you as a credible source of information. You have serious issues. Seems your the complainer that noone wants to stand near on the sidelines. Someone should inform you maybe you should handle your matter privately. You sound like a psycho!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should move your son to another team where they don't have holdbacks. Hahahahahahahaha. Good luck with your search!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The whole SH thing was orchestrated last year and unfolded at Stowe. He was always going to be the coach. Wait until next year when PS is gone and SH is the head coach. SH destroyed the 2023 Manhasset 32 program and will destroy the 2023 Igloo program - nobody wants to play for him. The only kid he cares about is his own. There are a lot of unhappy people who feel there was a lot of sneaky, under the table dealings that went on...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA SH PS JC Go Away angry Igloo daddy. before next installment check is due

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The whole SH thing was orchestrated last year and unfolded at Stowe. He was always going to be the coach. Wait until next year when PS is gone and SH is the head coach. SH destroyed the 2023 Manhasset 32 program and will destroy the 2023 Igloo program - nobody wants to play for him. The only kid he cares about is his own. There are a lot of unhappy people who feel there was a lot of sneaky, under the table dealings that went on...

This team is two years old and has a ton of insider scams, rigged coaching, and rigged tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah Angry Igloo dad
JUMBLE Those initials=ASSCHAPS (or close to it)LOL
that's what you need

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's only one coach in this grade no one wants to play for and he's currently roaming the parents sidelines watching the express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA SH PS JC Go Away angry Igloo daddy. before next installment check is due

Sorry SH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You Manhasset people are tough. A guy takes his kid out of town and it's a scandal?? Have to imagin the group that took the rest of the team to S2S had more to do with the teams issues than one kid and a coach leaving. If that gets you upset you'll never be prepared for the insanity that lies ahead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know a lot of parent get smoke blown up there you know what by these travel teams Telling them they will not loose a game? Making package deals to get certain kids on a team only to cut the package kid later. Sometime our. Kids (and parents) just loose. It happens. S2S lost in last game and came back and played a bit better in second game and won. That's why we play the games. No illusions that they will beet them next time, but good to see there is real competition. That's what it should be about. Rather have my son loose a 8-7 game then win 11-0. Looking forward to spring and how things shake out. First time on this site and boy do folks take 5thgrade lax way took serious. My guy is 5th grader and don't care what sore losers say about S2S. The kids work hard and love playing for DK. Bottom line is don't believe the hype most of these teams sell you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's only one coach in this grade no one wants to play for and he's currently roaming the parents sidelines watching the express.

I thought it was JC from True Blue that no parent wants on their sideline yelling at the kids and doesn't know their names.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You Manhasset people are tough. A guy takes his kid out of town and it's a scandal?? Have to imagin the group that took the rest of the team to S2S had more to do with the teams issues than one kid and a coach leaving. If that gets you upset you'll never be prepared for the insanity that lies ahead.

You are half correct. They, and other towns, only get upset if you take a top skilled kid(s) out of town. You can take the less skilled players of the grade and play for your rival town and no one will care. Oh wait, but it's about town pride. Lesson learned: Do whatever you want with your own kid and never look back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There you go again Mrs/Mrs Obvious. Stop dragging our team into this BS. All our kids loved playing for both coaches last year. You're in the minority. You complained last year and now that it's different you complain again. Just let it be. You're a cancer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've known BM for many years. None of my boys play for Express. Our older boys played together in the past. I watched him and AJ create that team from nothing and make it into a very competitve team. If you're a parent on the team today, you're an idiot to sit there and trash the coach who made your kid a lacrosse player. If you are a parent he cut, move on already and if you are one of those who left because you couldn't take the intensity of driving the kids to get better, you're just an AH because it only gets more intense.

He puts in countless hours to make your kids better yet you still bash him. It's honestly crazy to sit here and read the crap you write. Be gratefull that he did what he did because that team would be nowhere if it weren't for him.

If you are so brave; go tell him face to face what you think. See how that works out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've known BM for many years. None of my boys play for Express. Our older boys played together in the past. I watched him and AJ create that team from nothing and make it into a very competitve team. If you're a parent on the team today, you're an idiot to sit there and trash the coach who made your kid a lacrosse player. If you are a parent he cut, move on already and if you are one of those who left because you couldn't take the intensity of driving the kids to get better, you're just an AH because it only gets more intense.

He puts in countless hours to make your kids better yet you still bash him. It's honestly crazy to sit here and read the crap you write. Be gratefull that he did what he did because that team would be nowhere if it weren't for him.

If you are so brave; go tell him face to face what you think. See how that works out.

Sorry Mrs. BM, I take it all back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thank you and I knew you didn't have the LAX BALLS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've known BM for many years. None of my boys play for Express. Our older boys played together in the past. I watched him and AJ create that team from nothing and make it into a very competitve team. If you're a parent on the team today, you're an idiot to sit there and trash the coach who made your kid a lacrosse player. If you are a parent he cut, move on already and if you are one of those who left because you couldn't take them intensity of driving the kids to get better, you're just an AH because it only gets more intense.

Well if you are going to be like that then I'll just have to show you mine. And keep on bashing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Said the a anonymous poster!
BM dug his own hole with the team and by constantly coming on here and stiring it up he only managed to destroy any goodwill he had left.

Page 24 of 70 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard