BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
Re: Spring Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is unfortunate but High School Lacrosse (boys and girls) has become a mess here on Long Island. Parents, High School Coaches, Club Directors and College coaches all contribute to the problems. The players are caught in the middle and even if they have grounded realistic parents it can be very stressful for the players.

Parents: Many of us are crazy and unrealistic. Many of us are bitter, jealous and hateful. Many of us create toxic and unpleasant sidelines. Not all are bad but there are a lot that cause all sorts of issues.

High School Coaches: There are some really good ones. There are also some really bad ones. There are incompetents and there are coaches who do not care. Some are misguided and there are bullies. There are coaches who allow a financial conflict of interest to influence their decisions. There are also plenty of arrogant coaches.

Club Directors: Some good, some bad but at the end of the day the parents can choose. The parent can choose what club to play for (as long as HS coach does not coerce the player). The player and parent can choose not to play club at all.

College Coaches: College coaches lining the sidelines of 9th and 10th grade games is great for the top players but it can negatively impact many of the players. It also fuels the fires of the crazy unrealistic parents. In some cases it also impacts the insecure HS coach, many do not like it when players are recruited before they play a varsity game.

High School sports are supposed to be about the players. Its not supposed to be about the coaches or the parents or getting recruited. My kids all play multiple sports and none of the other sports are anything like lacrosse in any way. Parents, High School Coaches, College Coaches and Club Owners all contribute to the mess known as Long Island Lacrosse. Forgot, some youth league directors and youth coaches are problems as well.

Good luck to all who try to navigate this crazy landscape.

All true. My bottom line is simple. I want what is best for our program and my kids, the interests are aligned. I want my kids playing varsity lacrosse at Sayville HS for Coach CD.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is unfortunate but High School Lacrosse (boys and girls) has become a mess here on Long Island. Parents, High School Coaches, Club Directors and College coaches all contribute to the problems. The players are caught in the middle and even if they have grounded realistic parents it can be very stressful for the players.

Parents: Many of us are crazy and unrealistic. Many of us are bitter, jealous and hateful. Many of us create toxic and unpleasant sidelines. Not all are bad but there are a lot that cause all sorts of issues.

High School Coaches: There are some really good ones. There are also some really bad ones. There are incompetents and there are coaches who do not care. Some are misguided and there are bullies. There are coaches who allow a financial conflict of interest to influence their decisions. There are also plenty of arrogant coaches.

Club Directors: Some good, some bad but at the end of the day the parents can choose. The parent can choose what club to play for (as long as HS coach does not coerce the player). The player and parent can choose not to play club at all.

College Coaches: College coaches lining the sidelines of 9th and 10th grade games is great for the top players but it can negatively impact many of the players. It also fuels the fires of the crazy unrealistic parents. In some cases it also impacts the insecure HS coach, many do not like it when players are recruited before they play a varsity game.

High School sports are supposed to be about the players. Its not supposed to be about the coaches or the parents or getting recruited. My kids all play multiple sports and none of the other sports are anything like lacrosse in any way. Parents, High School Coaches, College Coaches and Club Owners all contribute to the mess known as Long Island Lacrosse. Forgot, some youth league directors and youth coaches are problems as well.

YOU ARE A 100% RIGHT! As a parent of multiple children who all play 3+ competitive sports a year, Lacrosse by far has the worst sidelines and sport tension. In every other sport we root for the team AND individual accomplishment. In Lax the parents, clubs, booster programs and recruiting make it so tough to enjoy. Parents don't talk, kids don't pass and everyone is playing for themselves. That's why in our town enrollment is dropping like a brick at the younger ages and its a shame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Hofstra go this past weekend?

You want to take LI lacrosse lets talk these two events. I know HS football is still active so it these teams may be missing some key players, but you can still get a good look at some teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As bad as it is with the boys, I think it's even WORSE with girls. 10th graders are ready to quit the sport because they're not committed and not on the top travel team. It's just insane.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU ARE A 100% RIGHT! As a parent of multiple children who all play 3+ competitive sports a year, Lacrosse by far has the worst sidelines and sport tension. In every other sport we root for the team AND individual accomplishment. In Lax the parents, clubs, booster programs and recruiting make it so tough to enjoy. Parents don't talk, kids don't pass and everyone is playing for themselves. That's why in our town enrollment is dropping like a brick at the younger ages and its a shame
. And it starts and ends with the Parents attitudes!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. And it starts and ends with the Parents attitudes!

You are right but the parents don't want to be liked they want their kids called up, they want their kids name in Newsday and they want their kid to be the first to VERBAL that is why they are there. Not for the team, just for themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7.4m high school athletes.
460,000 play in college
That is 6% of HS players continuing to play
Of the 6% about 2% get athletic money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
460,000 play in college

That's not my focus. I want my sons to learn life lessons, like I did, while playing the sport. Learn that hard work will yield good results, learn what it means to be a good teammate, learn how to be a leader, learn how to listen and then mentor younger kids, learn self discipline..... I want my guys to learn these things in the environment that was created by the founder of the program, not some flunky the BoE finds on a coaching scrap heap and plugs in because they have a personal beef with the current coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And now fl$ wants to create a town championship tournament. From, get this, 2nd grade up. Can't imagine any towns going for this. PAL is for everyone. If you want more competition play club...in the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
460,000 play in college

That's not my focus. I want my sons to learn life lessons, like I did, while playing the sport. Learn that hard work will yield good results, learn what it means to be a good teammate, learn how to be a leader, learn how to listen and then mentor younger kids, learn self discipline..... I want my guys to learn these things in the environment that was created by the founder of the program, not some flunky the BoE finds on a coaching scrap heap and plugs in because they have a personal beef with the current coach.

you are setting your kid up for failure if he is incapable of accepting change whether good or bad. Move on

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
460,000 play in college

you are setting your kid up for failure if he is incapable of accepting change whether good or bad. Move on

Great point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
460,000 play in college

Or he learns from his father that you fight for what you believe to be right. Accepting change? That's a weak line of reasoning. Are you a board member or a parent who is hoping they bring in a sycophant who will be led by the squeaky wheel parents?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole Sayville discussion is the very reason why I say: Get rid of all HS sports. You can play every sport imaginable in a club or travel setting at a much higher level. Your son will receive much better coaching, will play at his appropriate level, will get playing time at that level, and will get the looks from the college coaches commensurate with his play. Sorry, but this HS thing has just run its course, in most districts the school season is an utter waste of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
460,000 play in college

Or he learns from his father that you fight for what you believe to be right. Accepting change? That's a weak line of reasoning. Are you a board member or a parent who is hoping they bring in a sycophant who will be led by the squeaky wheel parents?

Amen. I'll see some of you tomorrow night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole Sayville discussion is the very reason why I say: Get rid of all HS sports. You can play every sport imaginable in a club or travel setting at a much higher level. Your son will receive much better coaching, will play at his appropriate level, will get playing time at that level, and will get the looks from the college coaches commensurate with his play. Sorry, but this HS thing has just run its course, in most districts the school season is an utter waste of time.
OK Debbie Downer you go do that, while all your childs classmates, neighbors and friends are having a great experience playing school sports together, creating memories that last a lifetime. Way to have pride in your community.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
460,000 play in college

Or he learns from his father how to beat a dead horse incessantly. You're so passionate but don't give a damn enough to to go to the BOE meeting to voice your support or displeasure. So what you're saying is that you will teach your son to [lacrosse] and moan only to people who can do nothing to help his cause. Nice job, Captain Life Lesson. You're like a faucet that won't stop dropping. Go away and find some constructive means to further your cause. Your banter has run its course here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of these club coaches are HS coaches. And if club was the only option, only kids with money would play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville BOE Meeting tomorrow 11/12--8pm
Let's tell the BOE how we feel about their horrible decision to get rid of the guy that started our boys Lacrosse program. Let's also let them know we will be systematically voting every member of the BOE off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone think Connetquot will be able to start strong again this year? Or was that a perfect storm last season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville BOE Meeting tomorrow 11/12--8pm
Let's tell the BOE how we feel about their horrible decision to get rid of the guy that started our boys Lacrosse program. Let's also let them know we will be systematically voting every member of the BOE off.

lol 10 people in a district of thousands. Its over Johnnie. No way any BOE admits a mistake and changes course

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing with your high school is a fun thing. Kids you grew up with, playing sports after school. Club teams are kids all over long island, fun, don't get me wrong, but its not the same as friends you grew up with. Man, I'm not saying a high school team is better talent than a top club. It isn't, I get it. Our kids aren't making a living playing this sport. Maybe if they are lucky, 10 grand a year pocket cash. In my opinion, playing high school football, basketball and lacrosse was one of the most enjoyable time in my life. My son is in 9th grade, gets very good grades, I hope he enjoys his 4 years of high school sports like I did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know it's probably over. We just want to make sure the BOE knows who we are. It's too bad your kid wasn't involved with the program . I'll see you at the BOE meeting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of these club coaches are HS coaches. And if club was the only option, only kids with money would play.

Some of the TOP programs coaches are club coaches not the rest... takes money for everything life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know it's probably over. We just want to make sure the BOE knows who we are. It's too bad your kid wasn't involved with the program . I'll see you at the BOE meeting.

We as taxpayers and the parents of kids who will be affected by this decision deserve to know why Coach D is being fired. I want to know how the Board and Superintendent arrived at this decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We as taxpayers and the parents of kids who will be affected by this decision deserve to know why Coach D is being fired. I want to know how the Board and Superintendent arrived at this decision.

Stop typing because you keep making yourself look more and more clueless. Obviously you have never been to a board meeting for anything. Personal files are never discussed, EVER. Sorry mr smith, employee records and files are confidential...but why was he let go? sorry mr smith we cant discuss the reasons behind our decision. Did he do something wrong does someone not like him? mr smith you are an idiot, please step away from the mic and do us a favor don't come back even for something more important than lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop typing because you keep making yourself look more and more clueless. Obviously you have never been to a board meeting for anything. Personal files are never discussed, EVER. Sorry mr smith, employee records and files are confidential...but why was he let go? sorry mr smith we cant discuss the reasons behind our decision. Did he do something wrong does someone not like him? mr smith you are an idiot, please step away from the mic and do us a favor don't come back even for something more important than lacrosse.

When did I suggest the reason for the firing would be discussed at the BoE meeting? Get off your soap box and go back to mowing lawns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not a secret, there is no REAL reason Coach D wasn't brought back so none will ever be given regardless of forum. I have to send a big "Thank you Superintendent WS" for screwing over my kid as you sneak off into retirement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No that guy don't cut lawns. That guy is closer to the action. But, he is good friends with him. That's why this thing got legs. He's very close to the action and must attend the board meetings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No that guy don't cut lawns. That guy is closer to the action. But, he is good friends with him. That's why this thing got legs. He's very close to the action and must attend the board meetings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think the lawn guy likes coach??? That's funny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be the guy mowing lawns---Slingblade. "That guy don't cut lawns..." Geez, I hope your not on the Board.

See you tonight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure hope someone post what actually happened at the board meeting tonight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure hope someone post what actually happened at the board meeting tonight.

I was stuck in the office, can't make it. Someone please convey what transpires tonight. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think the lawn guy likes coach??? That's funny!

You think he even gives a rats a$$ about lacrosse at this point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
War is over Johnny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Bob. The sayville kids lose. Great job guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they name a new coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they name a new coach?

Barney the Purple Dinosaur will be coaching Sayville. He's Board of Ed approved and the Super really enjoys his old TV shows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Bob. The sayville kids lose. Great job guys.
save the drama and support the new coach. Now let's move on to spring lacrosse talk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this a Sayville thread? Who cares about this third rate program?

Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard