BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 90 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed will get your son exposure, but at a steep price. I suggest trying out for UA All American Underclass as a freshman. 2 days in front of a ton of college coaches at a fraction of the cost. Call the tryouts political if you want but you can't argue that there are a lot of coaches on the sidelines. Play well and your son will get noticed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am beginning to feel the same way about this whole recruiting process. I have a 2018 that I have been told and I believe is a mid level D1 player. I feel this has really become a money grab on so many levels. Dislike these showcase / recruiting events in which there is no playoff or championship game. What happened to playing to win and winning because you are good? Too much of a pay as you go process. If he is good enough to be noticed great, if not, he can try to walk-on! Why does HS club lacrosse cost more than youth club lacrosse? There are no spring practices and spring leagues for the HS teams, yet it costs more???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that Express was down 5-2 late in the second half of the 91MD game and they benefitted from several penalties to tie the game up. Express seems to be in the middle of the pack now. They have that really good FO guy that was hurt that weekend though. Seems like there are several really strong teams at the top. Crush, Looney's and Crabs seem to be the teams to beat. Crabs are loaded with single and double hold backs though. At least all the other teams play fair for the most part. It should be a fun year watching how it all shakes out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am beginning to feel the same way about this whole recruiting process. I have a 2018 that I have been told and I believe is a mid level D1 player. I feel this has really become a money grab on so many levels. Dislike these showcase / recruiting events in which there is no playoff or championship game. What happened to playing to win and winning because you are good? Too much of a pay as you go process. If he is good enough to be noticed great, if not, he can try to walk-on! Why does HS club lacrosse cost more than youth club lacrosse? There are no spring practices and spring leagues for the HS teams, yet it costs more???

If you feel there is no value, then just do prospect days and hope for the best. He might get seen, he might not. What your paying for with a good club organization is access to the coaches that you as apparent cannot get. The good clubs have many coaches cell phone numbers and can reach out and get real feedback about your son. They can be the heavy in an offer negotiation. They can also pressure a College to do the right thing towards their player, less they direct the next stud elsewhere. Winning games is great, don't get me wrong. However, having a organization behind your son's recruiting effort is far more important. Just our experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2020 will have a very difficult time this year, many teams have caught up with them if not passed them by . They still are a good team but they are not second to Crush anymore, they are just an average team now . They lost talent from last year and never replaced it . Good luck to all the 2020 teams this year .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You forgot Hawks, 91 MD teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91MD 2020 Force plays Hawks 2020 this Sunday, so we'll see how they measure up against each other soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was the best post I have seen in a very long time. I completely agree! Who F'ing cares about the money grab BS. Its a game that our boys need to enjoy and not be pressured as to where they are going to college as a 14 yr old young man. How can we even justify thinking about what college is looking at them when they have not even stepped on a HS campus???? Its insane to be even talking about it. Play the game that will lead to friendships for life and it will open doors for them at every turn. Its just a game that will not pay anything in adulthood unless he is the next Rabil, Millon or Gait.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Similarly, Crush will be surpassed this year by several teams with bigger, faster athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let them take their SAT's and then talk about what college they are going to. Even a great lacrosse player must look something like this to go IVY. Most students who got into Ivy had GPAs close to a 4.0, SAT scores (CR+M+W) above 2100, and ACT composite scores above 30. And you better have more than just sports on those applications.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2020 will have a very difficult time this year, many teams have caught up with them if not passed them by . They still are a good team but they are not second to Crush anymore, they are just an average team now . They lost talent from last year and never replaced it . Good luck to all the 2020 teams this year .

Where did the talent from last year go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We'll see, core of team still there and some upgrades were brought in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some cancers too...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some cancers too...

and coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel Parents should say a prayer of thanks every day that inner-city kids have not taken to lax...its all over once that happens....as you said, the country-club price tag is only thing keeping your kids from lax sports obscurity. Wow, did I just go there with the whole socio-income topic?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel Parents should say a prayer of thanks every day that inner-city kids have not taken to lax...its all over once that happens....as you said, the country-club price tag is only thing keeping your kids from lax sports obscurity. Wow, did I just go there with the whole socio-income topic?

not true, people have been saying this for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok there Racist... I guess you follow the ole Jimmy the Greek theory. You have got to be kidding dude. Inner city kids are good at inner city games like basketball, because they play it from the time they can walk, all day, everyday, day in and day out. Oh, and for you multi-sport nuts: They don't get better at Basketball by playing Lax in the spring... They play more Basketball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if they wanted to play there is still rec programs. besides, most of the 16 year old private school 8th graders will be able to beat the on age 13/14 year old public school kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree! And even more disgraceful is US lacrosse claiming they are "growing the game " in less affluent areas. Then they throw these kids our there with cheating holdbacks. One day the field will even out. Then the trust fund kids can go back to being busy at being busy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys sure like complaining about things. Meanwhile, all of our kids are getting recruited.

LOL!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys sure like complaining about things. Meanwhile, all of our kids are getting recruited.

LOL!

Good luck graduating from college at 24, dope... If all goes well. If not, maybe 25 or 26. Nothing like a little gray at the temples when getting your BA/BS... Now that's LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you mean older?
Similarly, Crush will be surpassed this year by several teams with bigger, faster athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you mean older?

Saw Crush last weekend in Maryland playing 2019. They looked very strong against much older kids. Those boys are not big but are so smart and play big. I do not see their demise anytime soon. Just my two cents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you mean older?

Saw Crush last weekend in Maryland playing 2019. They looked very strong against much older kids. Those boys are not big but are so smart and play big. I do not see their demise anytime soon. Just my two cents

what teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do yoy mean bigger, faster and MUCH MUCH OLDER, you know the kind of kid who graduates college when they ARE 25. The hold back issue has been beat to death 1000 times over, but if you hold back for lax you are a looser period, and stop with the academic and maturity stuff people do it for lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush played at Terrapin Classic. They played up a grade, not against kids "much older". And they were not impressive. The Turtles were impressive when they played older teams. This Crush team isn't in that same class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 is going to shut up all the haters this weekend. Book it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stfu, and let things settle themselves out on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do yoy mean bigger, faster and MUCH MUCH OLDER, you know the kind of kid who graduates college when they ARE 25. The hold back issue has been beat to death 1000 times over, but if you hold back for lax you are a looser period, and stop with the academic and maturity stuff people do it for lax.

Lax isn't the only sport things like this happen. many people want lax to follow what hockey does age wise. Look at many of your D-1 hockey programs they are loaded with older players. After high school, many D-1 hockey players play 2 years in a junior B program before going onto college. Making them 20 when they enter college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush played at Terrapin Classic. They played up a grade, not against kids "much older". And they were not impressive. The Turtles were impressive when they played older teams. This Crush team isn't in that same class.

Turtles not that impressive they began fading in 8th, as they stopped playing up then. Now they have been surpassed by better athletes. Do you need to be reminded of their performance last summer. Please stop! Whether the same fate awaits for Crush? Only time will tell. At least they still play up even with the holdback epidemic that didn't exist at this extent when Turtles stopped playing up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how did they do? who did they play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax doesn't even belong in any convo. Next level is better. Madlax loses by 10 every game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Toughs to compare the dominance of the Turtles and Crush. First of all comparing any team to another in different age groups is impossible When the turtles dominated it was NOT during the era of the holdback as now exists w Crush. Either way teams like the a turtles and Crush do not come along very often instead of people tearing at them we should enjoy it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. Crush at this age wasn't half the team the Turtles were. Not even close. They have multiples studs at every position. Crush has 5 stars and the rest are role players. At least that's the way they are coached.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. Crush at this age wasn't half the team the Turtles were. Not even close. They have multiples studs at every position. Crush has 5 stars and the rest are role players. At least that's the way they are coached.

If Crush isn't half the team that the Turtles were, what does that say about the rest of the 2020 youth teams- ouch?!

If a team has readily beat teams across the country by 10 plus goals, then one must infer that the rest of 2020 isn't half as good as the teams were when 2017 group played.

As a previous post stated- hard to compare when the landscape of lax was much different. In either case- I'd say both teams dominated youth lacrosse for years and that in and of itself is to be applauded. I doubt anyone really cares from either team how they stack up to one another. Crazy that grown adults have time enough to analyze youth teams over various years for their enjoyment. The biggest comparison anyone sees now is how sad and pathetic the parents have become over the years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles, like Crush have about 5 players who are elite, also similar to crush, the remainder of the team are highly skilled players able to contribute to a successful outcome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax isn't the only sport things like this happen. many people want lax to follow what hockey does age wise. Look at many of your D-1 hockey programs they are loaded with older players. After high school, many D-1 hockey players play 2 years in a junior B program before going onto college. Making them 20 when they enter college.

Irrelevant. The difference between 20 and 22 is minimal, if anything, compared to the difference between 13 and 15.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK Crush Clown. Turles played a complete team game with everyone playing . Unlike your team that is centered around 5 kids. That's the facts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK Crush Clown. Turles played a complete team game with everyone playing . Unlike your team that is centered around 5 kids. That's the facts

Ok Turtle lover. Turtles were unable to be successful playing up in 8th grade. They also didn't beat teams by the same margin. Watched them play many times. They are a skilled bunch who found a way to win in many close games. They were also beat down last summer playing their own age group. Half the Turtle team not committed and only a handful committed to top schoolsc. They are/were a very good and successful team, but no better than Crush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Irrelevant. The difference between 20 and 22 is minimal, if anything, compared to the difference between 13 and 15.

There is a difference between 18 and 20 though!

Page 35 of 90 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard