BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 90 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Oh no....madlax 2020 test is near. They play Sunday in belair.guess who they play noon??
Smiles

We're ready for you. I hear you've lost a lot of kids to Crabs. Meanwhile, we've gotten stronger. Keep taking shots at us though - always easier to talk trash about the best than beat us on the field.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yelling is fine if their is any actual intelligence, instruction, or something remotely positive or constructive in the feedback. Guy is the quintessential example of the ills of "daddyball". (and steakhead)

Please tell me you are not talking about the RVC guy. He occasionally has some salty language but that is sports. He is great with the kids and they all love playing for him. The "daddyball" comment is hilarious considering he has no kids on any of the teams he coaches...

That is a little weird, isn't it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
visor dad - come out from under the visor and tell us who you really are..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax should not be talking trash on Looney's. Seriously

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May the visor be with you

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team has at least one Visor Dad.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team has at least one Visor Dad.....

Don't leave out "vest dad"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would wear a visor if not for my bald head burning like bacon on Sunday morning.. is the original Visor dad an Indian or a Trojan?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Team 91 and the Crabs are missing, that MADLAX tournament is about as national as the WYSL was. A few interested teams that may be better than last year's version but come on.

2020 Division
Madlax Nationals 2020
Madlax All-Stars 2020
3D Nationals 2020
Palm Beach Revolution 2020
Team 24/7 2020
​Team Florida 2020
C2C Nationals 2020

weak at best.

Wrongo. Madlax Nationals, 3D Nationals and C2C Nationals so far. Winner of this tournament can lay claim to being one of the Top 3 2020 teams in the nation, for sure.

Speaking of WSYL, C2C is the team that lost 30-0 to Crush in Denver, a championship lacrosse record that may never be broken.

That C2C team was a regional/local team as WSYL did not take national teams. All players had to live within 50 miles of the locale.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Team 91 and the Crabs are missing, that MADLAX tournament is about as national as the WYSL was. A few interested teams that may be better than last year's version but come on.

2020 Division
Madlax Nationals 2020
Madlax All-Stars 2020
3D Nationals 2020
Team 24/7 2020
​Team Florida 2020
C2C Nationals 2020

weak at best.

Wrongo. Madlax Nationals, 3D Nationals and C2C Nationals so far. Winner of this tournament can lay claim to being one of the Top 3 2020 teams in the nation, for sure.

Speaking of WSYL, C2C is the team that lost 30-0 to Crush in Denver, a championship lacrosse record that may never be broken.

That C2C team was a regional/local team as WSYL did not take national teams. All players had to live within 50 miles of the locale.

Beside the hold back issue, that is the most pathetic excuse I have heard.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2020 Division
Madlax Nationals 2020
Madlax All-Stars 2020
3D Nationals 2020
Team 24/7 2020
​Team Florida 2020
C2C Nationals 2020

weak at best.

Beside the hold back issue, that is the most pathetic excuse I have heard.

I don't think the poster was trying to make excuse as much a point out that the team going to Madlax isn't the same one that went to the WSYL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Fedora Dad? We all know hoodie Dad...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the supposed best LI teams are scared to come down to the Madlax National Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the real remarkable thing about that score is how disgusting and unsportsmanlike it was to run up a score like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the supposed best LI teams are scared to come down to the Madlax National Championship.

Yeah.......Ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And all hail red solo cup dad who is omnipresent and attends every tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax nationals hahahahah come on with that Long Island teams are not going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And all hail red solo cup dad who is omnipresent and attends every tournament

Sneaking sips of their SeaBreezes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why you bringing fl$ into this with the seabreaze commment? LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We drinks tranfusions at Plandome

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red Solo Cup dad is at every tournament ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Visor Dad is easy to identify:

1. He always wears a visor of either the club team or some other lax related entity so everyone knows he's a lax guy;

2. Is one of the loudest on the sidelines.....but only cheers for his kid

3. Has his signature catch phrases .... (yeah baby, good look, ba'am, etc.) but again usually only reserved for plays made by his kid

4. Talks like a tough guy but is a huge deal maker behind the scenes

5. Lives vicariously through his kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax nationals hahahahah come on with that Long Island teams are not going.

Keep laughing. We have more 2018 commits than anyone. Same with 2019. Soon to be with our 2020s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does visor dad have a favorite number somewhere between DELETED

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Do not identify players
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does visor dad have a favorite number somewhere between DELETED?

don't know, ask him, his son plays DELETED

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Do not identify players.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some prefer southsides...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does visor dad have a favorite number somewhere between DELETED

don't know, ask him, his son plays for 2020

DELETED 2020 per their roster.

Are you serious????

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Do not identify players
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I abhor punks that call out the kids. Shame on you!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We drinks tranfusions at Plandome

Correction, we drink everything at Plandome...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does visor dad have a favorite number somewhere
between DELETED

The above was a reference to a Team name, not a jersey number

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some prefer southsides...

With a dark rum floater...

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Does visor dad have a favorite number somewhere
between DELETED

The above was a reference to a Team name, not a jersey number

You are full of crap!!! It pointed to the players jersey number being between two numbers. Knock it off. Leave the team name out of it too. Grow up!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looked like a reference to a DELETED coach. Either way move on to other topics, its really getting played out.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Done with this
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is up with 3D Blue Chip? My son has gotten 4 invites to the camp in FL. We haven't responded to any of them, but I am now noticing that the only way to play in the Jake Reed Showcase is to co through this camp (for the 2020 year). Now you can obviously see it is a money grab. My son is not going, but I seriously wonder why people think it is a good idea to spend all of that money for a "camp" in Florida? Am I the only person out there that thinks that is just plain crazy?

User
User
What is up with 3D Blue Chip? My son has gotten 4 invites to the camp in FL. We haven't responded to any of them, but I am now noticing that the only way to play in the Jake Reed Showcase is to co through this camp (for the 2020 year). Now you can obviously see it is a money grab. My son is not going, but I seriously wonder why people think it is a good idea to spend all of that money for a "camp" in Florida? Am I the only person out there that thinks that is just plain crazy?

Certainly smells bad doesn't it. That's a lot of cash to fork over for a camp. Including airfare, hotels, food, car rental etc....well over $1,500.00 at a minimum. For what?

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Certainly smells bad doesn't it. That's a lot of cash to fork over for a camp. Including airfare, hotels, food, car rental etc....well over $1,500.00 at a minimum. For what?

Not to mention that your son will also have to miss school to attend. I seriously don't understand why ANYONE would even consider it. I will say that a bunch of my son's teammates went last year and I will bet some are going this year too. We have a rule at our house, and that rule is, we will NOT pay to get recruited. If my son doesn't get noticed then he will walk on to the school that he decides to attend!! If he makes it he makes it and if he doesn't then he plays club. I am not sure I undertand why so many people are so wrapped up with the idea that if their son doesn't get recruited in the next 15 months by an ACC or Ivy school that they are somehow a failure as a lacrosse player. I don't get it. My son loves to play and this is why he plays travel, not because he wants to be recruited. Again, are we the only people that feel this way?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
,,,,,, are we the only people that feel this way?

No

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like anything else. Go, or don't go.If you aren't interested don't bash others that do go. Maybe their boys will get invites to jake reed and possibly get offers down the road because of it.

Not to mention that your son will also have to miss school to attend. I seriously don't understand why ANYONE would even consider it. I will say that a bunch of my son's teammates went last year and I will bet some are going this year too. We have a rule at our house, and that rule is, we will NOT pay to get recruited. If my son doesn't get noticed then he will walk on to the school that he decides to attend!! If he makes it he makes it and if he doesn't then he plays club. I am not sure I undertand why so many people are so wrapped up with the idea that if their son doesn't get recruited in the next 15 months by an ACC or Ivy school that they are somehow a failure as a lacrosse player. I don't get it. My son loves to play and this is why he plays travel, not because he wants to be recruited. Again, are we the only people that feel this way?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of these lacrosse camps, clubs, showcases, etc. are profit centers and because you get a lot of college coaches attending to observe/recruit, it all works. Not sure why you all care so much what others do, ask around and see how much your friends pay to tutors, SAT prep courses, etc. Or go to Canada and see how much time and money those families invest in their kids' hockey activities. If it makes your kid happy, then spend away and attend away, lacrosse is a great sport and you have a legitimate chance of getting into a better college coming off Long Island as a strong lax player so it makes sense to me why people do all this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is a 2020 who has been invited to the Florida Jake Reed and is not going. I agree that particular event seems overpriced and overhyped but I disagree on the rule that you "won't pay to get recruited". The reality is that lacrosse can help your son get into a better academic school than he would otherwise. College costs between $100-250k depending on the school. Spending some money on recruiting to try to get the best value for that expense makes sense. The fact that he would get to play the sport he loves is a bonus. Also Google notre dame lacrosse internships and look at what type of job prospects those players have. Players from other similar quality schools have similar opportunities. The extra income and life opportunities from those networks are worth far more than the money paid on inflated camp and club fees.
The other reality is that at some of these schools great act's and great grades are not enough. If lacrosse can be the hook to get you in a great academic school why wouldn't you invest time and money in it just like you would an sat tutor.

Page 34 of 90 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard