BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Re: Girls 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious why people in Maryland and NJ (maybe even Long Island) don't realize/believe/admit that these Fall YJ teams are not the real teams. They are first come/first serve sign ups, they don't practice, and don't have the usual coach. This is the case for all age groups. Why is this so hard to grasp?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your wrong . My daughter plays on TLC White and its their "A" team. It was a great game. I watched the first half of the YJ Blue vs Elevate Blue, Elevate Blue has a weak slow defense and really no offense.

This is true. For some reason, at the 2018 age, TLC's white team is superior to their red team. Go and look at any of the results. TLC White has beaten Red on most occasions at 2018

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have ya ever noticed that when YJ loses or barely wins they always have an excuse? They can never admit that sometimes they were beat by the better team that day. Besides...who cares? Win 'em all or lose 'em all, nobody outside of YJ cares. Any good player on any good club can play in college if she wants to. D1,2 or 3 is irrelevant.
With YJ saying that their teams aren't full strength for the fall, I was wondering if that same excuse can be used by other teams? My guess is that there are other clubs who aren't at full summer strength in the fall (girls in field hockey, soccer). And, for almost all teams there is minimal practices during the fall. And, if TLC White is the A team at the 2018 age group (why? I don't know), YJ shoulda still beat them since they're so good. Am I wrong?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious why people in Maryland and NJ (maybe even Long Island) don't realize/believe/admit that these Fall YJ teams are not the real teams. They are first come/first serve sign ups, they don't practice, and don't have the usual coach. This is the case for all age groups. Why is this so hard to grasp?

Maybe because the people in MD and NJ (maybe even Long Island) aren't used to a money grabbing system. Maybe they're used to a club that likes to have all of their players play together as much as possible, since that is what they payed for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, maybe these people in Maryland and New Jersey have their usual teams and do not fall for the "mixed teams" scam that some clubs pull on their parents. In Maryland, speaking for the club teams I know - they will either play in a tournament with their "real roster" or they will not play. Most parents are not into the idea of paying all that money for a "mixed or cobbled" team. That's why it's so hard to grasp - that people will pay full price for an inferior product - think about it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have ya ever noticed that when YJ loses or barely wins they always have an excuse? They can never admit that sometimes they were beat by the better team that day. Besides...who cares? Win 'em all or lose 'em all, nobody outside of YJ cares. Any good player on any good club can play in college if she wants to. D1,2 or 3 is irrelevant.
With YJ saying that their teams aren't full strength for the fall, I was wondering if that same excuse can be used by other teams? My guess is that there are other clubs who aren't at full summer strength in the fall (girls in field hockey, soccer). And, for almost all teams there is minimal practices during the fall. And, if TLC White is the A team at the 2018 age group (why? I don't know), YJ shoulda still beat them since they're so good. Am I wrong?

Yep, you're wrong. Fall lax is like NFL preseason games. Has little meaning. Except it does give MD/NJ clubs something to brag about until Summer time when they get their reality check. Enjoy your Fall wins and close games!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's because people in Maryland have choices and they don't have to accept that money grabby BS. There are other clubs people can go to if someone tries that crap. The tone the poster had about other being ignorant of what they consider as normal is so humorous. Ignorance is definitely bliss or the Koolaid must be spiked...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, you're wrong. Fall lax is like NFL preseason games. Has little meaning. Except it does give MD/NJ clubs something to brag about until Summer time when they get their reality check. Enjoy your Fall wins and close games!!

Strange that so many college coaches attend the games and actually commit players after watching the Fall events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, maybe these people in Maryland and New Jersey have their usual teams and do not fall for the "mixed teams" scam that some clubs pull on their parents. In Maryland, speaking for the club teams I know - they will either play in a tournament with their "real roster" or they will not play. Most parents are not into the idea of paying all that money for a "mixed or cobbled" team. That's why it's so hard to grasp - that people will pay full price for an inferior product - think about it.

All that money? YJ Fall fees are per tournament. Parents paying $65 per tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which reality check are you referring to? Other than 2020, what YJ team spent the summer giving our reality checks to MD teams? Considering YJ basically has a monopoly on all the talent on LI, you would think they should always win when there are so many choices in MD and the talent is more spread out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Strange that so many college coaches attend the games and actually commit players after watching the Fall events.

College coaches recruit players, not teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious why people in YJ and YJ (maybe even YJ) don't realize/believe/admit that these Fall YJ teams are nothing more than a money-grab scam implored by the YJ Illuminati to get even more money from unsuspecting parents. These teams are first come/first serve sign ups, they don't practice, and don't have the usual coach. People in MD and NJ want to know why anyone in their right mind would want to be a part of something like this. People in MD and NJ want to know why YJ Parent is paying top dollar for a part-time team? When they win a game the parents are so arrogant it's painful and when they lose, this is the excuse they give. Why is this so hard for YJ Parent to grasp? Oh wait...YelloJello flavored kool-aid. Oooh yeeeaaaahhh!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did TG do at their two tournaments this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches recruit players, not teams.

And they see those players at Fall events

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did TG do at their two tournaments this weekend?

They did well thanks for asking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All that money? YJ Fall fees are per tournament. Parents paying $65 per tourney.

Yes, all that money. Unless you found a way from LI to MD without paying tolls and have the battery range on your electric car to avoid paying for gas. And of course you probably have family MD where you could stay and void paying for hotels and food. Do the math - full price. And please don't even try to arouse laughter by talking about these "team discount rates" at the hotel...
The Better Business Bureau of MD thank y'all for your visits and money for these "non-real tournaments".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parents have a choice - don't pay !
Everyone complains but ends up giving the clubs money.
The clubs know the game - its a money game !
Some kids get into great schools. What is the percentage ?
Be real - Is my kid a top D1 player ?
Everyone knows the answer - some people feel they can throw money at the clubs and that will help. All the clubs are the same - don't fool yourself.
It helps the clubs get richer !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows the answer - some people feel they can throw money at the clubs and that will help. All the clubs are the same - don't fool yourself.

Okay - the cost per tournament for the parents is not that crazy and is on par with what the MD families pay. But, it's the travel that will kill you. It's been what, three weekends in a row that LI clubs have had to make the run down the turnpike.
Someone has said that coaches do not recruit teams, they recruit players. With all the players on LI - why isn't there a fall tournament or two on the island? The coaches that want to recruit the players will come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES - DK got schooled by the Master CR !!

My friend sent me an email that Elevate sent out that they are looking for 2018 girls? Do they not have enough players? Is this for their red team? What's the deal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay - the cost per tournament for the parents is not that crazy and is on par with what the MD families pay. But, it's the travel that will kill you. It's been what, three weekends in a row that LI clubs have had to make the run down the turnpike.
Someone has said that coaches do not recruit teams, they recruit players. With all the players on LI - why isn't there a fall tournament or two on the island? The coaches that want to recruit the players will come.

The majority of the tournaments our girls play in are run by program directors of other travel clubs. The travel clubs from Long Island have no interest in running a big time tournament because it's a lot of work for the money they make. They would rather pay to play somewhere else and rack in the profit of charging their players to play in it. The big L.I. programs run their own rinky dink tournaments at the end of the summer just for a last cash grab. As an example, just look at the two farce tournaments run by both YJ and TG in July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My friend sent me an email that Elevate sent out that they are looking for 2018 girls? Do they not have enough players? Is this for their red team? What's the deal?

Neither 2018 blue or red had a good weekend. Red barely had enough girls to field a team and blue got schooled by YJ. DK isn't stupid. He knows he needs help with that age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red is the remains of white team girls who did not make any other organization team. There was a previous post about parents who are not accepting their daughters limitstions by this age-this team is a classic example. Poor defense just carried over, they don't slide and can't clear the ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You couldn't be further from the truth unless you have the roster, and you and I both know you do not have the roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The majority of the tournaments our girls play in are run by program directors of other travel clubs. The travel clubs from Long Island have no interest in running a big time tournament because it's a lot of work for the money they make. They would rather pay to play somewhere else and rack in the profit of charging their players to play in it. The big L.I. programs run their own rinky dink tournaments at the end of the summer just for a last cash grab. As an example, just look at the two farce tournaments run by both YJ and TG in July.

Yeah, I'm surprised they have not figured out the double cash stream that the directors of other clubs are tapping into. They are making money off their own club's players and from the players on other clubs that sign on to the tournaments. Plus, they are getting a skim off the hotels. Those club directors are in a win-win situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neither 2018 blue or red had a good weekend. Red barely had enough girls to field a team and blue got schooled by YJ. DK isn't stupid. He knows he needs help with that age group.

Elevate 2018 Red had 7 girls this weekend and played 7v7 and the 2017 Red team (2017/18) combined team had 9 girls this weekend. I know one club was really mad that they couldn't play their full team and girls had to sit since Elevate couldn't field a full team. Its not only not fair to the Elevate girls but it is also not fair to the teams that they play against. These are recruiting tournaments and the kids want playing time. When you show up with 7 kids, it impacts everyone involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
while not a great fan of DK and Elevate by any means, it is a very common occurrence to have Fall Tournament teams run very short in any programs, so that's nothing new..but to send 7/8/9/10 players really is a farce...if it ever was in doubt that the $$ grab is in play, sending such low #'s to a Fall tournament is the killer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
while not a great fan of DK and Elevate by any means, it is a very common occurrence to have Fall Tournament teams run very short in any programs, so that's nothing new..but to send 7/8/9/10 players really is a farce...if it ever was in doubt that the $$ grab is in play, sending such low #'s to a Fall tournament is the killer

TE also has Blue and Red entered in Lax for the cure this weekend. No YJ or TG teams this weekend; the only other LI teams are Beach Bums and Team 91. Beach Bums have some talent but not enough girls so they combined with girls from another team who were looking to play. Since BB is owned by Team 91, why didn't they combine with them as the T91 team from the summer was not that good. I know the answer is about money but one would think it would help the owner to field one better team. I would imagine BB will beat T91 bad; especially with the girls they added.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrible day for TG in NJ. I didn't know they had two whites teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club 3-13-2 so far in NJ with three games left to play today OUCH, and NO Maryland teams are even at the tournament
Can TG even compete with B level clubs anymore? That sucking sound that you hear is people heading for the exits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club 3-13-2 so far in NJ with three games left to play today OUCH, and NO Maryland teams are even at the tournament
Can TG even compete with B level clubs anymore? That sucking sound that you hear is people heading for the exits

Actially 5-12-2 right now but just as pathetic. 2018s yesterday wouldn't have beaten Team 91 or Togz with the way they played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate 2018 Red had 7 girls this weekend and played 7v7 and the 2017 Red team (2017/18) combined team had 9 girls this weekend. I know one club was really mad that they couldn't play their full team and girls had to sit since Elevate couldn't field a full team. Its not only not fair to the Elevate girls but it is also not fair to the teams that they play against. These are recruiting tournaments and the kids want playing time. When you show up with 7 kids, it impacts everyone involved.

That's ridiculous and totally on the parents. They should have said, no thank you. I'll spend that money somewhere else instead of the gas, tolls, food and hotels. Just for a club to think that was okay to do is beyond comprehension.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actially 5-12-2 right now but just as pathetic. 2018s yesterday wouldn't have beaten Team 91 or Togz with the way they played.

Looks like 5-14-2 for the weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns was at its best yesturday..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

umm...the commits are not playing...these are a mix of girls that want to play fall tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

umm...the commits are not playing...these are a mix of girls that want to play fall tournaments.

Girls were told it was a good idea to play in these tournaments because they were heavily recruited events. BS made these teams himself out of what was left of non committed black players, combined with purple and white players. There were only 2 practices for these teams. Teams were unbalanced. Many girls playing out of position. Now put them against full teams with all girls playing and you get what happened yesterday. 0-5-1 for TG 2018 was disgusting. Recruiters were walking away shaking their heads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's ridiculous and totally on the parents. They should have said, no thank you. I'll spend that money somewhere else instead of the gas, tolls, food and hotels. Just for a club to think that was okay to do is beyond comprehension.

I think you are blaming the wrong people here. Elevate is the one "portraying" to the parents that they have a full 2nd team in the 2018 age group. The parents have yet to see a roster. Elevate has al of the 2018s (red and blue teams) practice together that way nobody knows who is on what team. The red team probably has 10 girls, at best, and no goalie. Both teams are scheduled to go to Florida, there is no way they can field a 2nd 2018 team in that tournament. I think if they can make it through the fall, they will try desperately to pick up some more girls for the summer and hopefully get a full 2nd 2018 team. The same situation exists with their 2nd 2017 team. Of course the club this its ok, after all, its all about the kid$$$$$$$$$$!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are blaming the wrong people here. Elevate is the one "portraying" to the parents that they have a full 2nd team in the 2018 age group. The parents have yet to see a roster. Elevate has al of the 2018s (red and blue teams) practice together that way nobody knows who is on what team. The red team probably has 10 girls, at best, and no goalie. Both teams are scheduled to go to Florida, there is no way they can field a 2nd 2018 team in that tournament. I think if they can make it through the fall, they will try desperately to pick up some more girls for the summer and hopefully get a full 2nd 2018 team. The same situation exists with their 2nd 2017 team. Of course the club this its ok, after all, its all about the kid$$$$$$$$$$!

If my kid was one of the ten kids on the second team I would start calling other clubs to secure her a spot. This is her recruiting year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if your kid is 1 of the 10 on red she probably doesn't need to worry about recruiting smaller D2 and D3 will be recruiting up to her sr year. Not knocking the kids but its the truth nothing wrong with those divisions. My kid will be playing D2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately with the elevate teams some of the red players are better than the blue players they just weren't chosen for blue because on elevate its all about who is friends with Dave I feel bad for the red girls they deserve better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong! 3 girls on 17 purple committed played as well as 4 on black. Listening to parents tap on the sideline was enjoyable-"if my daughter is not committed after Florida I'm not going to another team" and the new parents expression when they saw the aweful play against weak teams was priceless. As Bill always says: "Don't like it? Leave!" Which is exactly what smarter players did.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard