BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 31 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 30 31
Re: Maryland, D.C., Virginia Fall 2015 Summer 2016 Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs taking over VLC wasn't about elevating the club, it was about King Crab making more $$$. His tournaments are getting bigger and more diluted but he is making more money. It's all about the bottom line

Settle down, anti-Crabs guy. VLC got a huge boost by their purchase the Crabs. More bids to recruiting events, better tournaments, higher visibility, more recruiting success, etc.

Compared to 3d, Madlax and other lax clubs who are simply buying clubs to get more fees, the Crabs are very pedestrian and conservative.

Yes, they are now invited to all the Crabs sponsored recruiting events which results into more $ more Ryan. They didn't get much new interest, still 2nd fiddle to MadLax

That's funny considering the crappy tournaments Madlax forces their youth teams to attend.

One crappy tournament you are correct the ones at Polo grounds. But Madlax always plays 4 tournaments or more and the other tournaments are always the best of the best for the top teams. This is a fact. I agree the Polo Grounds tournaments suck but the other 3 are always top of the top.

You are the biggest Madlax apologist on the planet. Do you have another day job?

Please explain what was wrong with my statement? I will wait for your answer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THIS year. 2022 Crabs picked up some new players this fall, and last year's record/results are not relevant....

Hold backs I bet?

No. Sorry to burst your bubble. None of the new kids are holdbacks. Most moved from Club Blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clue blue 2022 did they win a game last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No - talking about 2021 - Crabs have a player with July 2001 DOB - which would put him in 9th grade if not held back two years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No - pretty much all teams have hold backs. Saying Crabs and Hawks 2021 have holdbacks who were born before the WSYL Cutoff of May 1, 2001 - so these hold backs will not be eligible for the Event - and their teams will look different as result. can't get around birth certificates

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and Hawks are NOT the only 2021 teams to have holdbacks as previously posted. Bethesda definitely has a couple as does Green Turtle. Why only list two teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the post. Says everyone has holdbacks...... further says that Crabs and Hawks have holdbacks that are ineligible to compete in WSYL Events....... because they are too old. Crabs and Hawks will not be able to run with their rosters intact - maybe it wont matter for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the cutoff May 2001 for 2021 kids? My kid was born in June 2001 and is in 9th grade!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did read the post. Yes. It does state "everyone " has holdbacks. The post then goes on to specifically point out Crabs/Hawks. Then "stops there". Let's see your body of work Sherlock Holmes. You "stopped there" because......... ? I am curious why you didn't list ALL the 2021 holdbacks for each team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because the guy got it wrong. According to the WSYL website, the cutoff is 5/1/2002 and must be in the class of 2021 or later.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on Hawks koopers BLC Fca 2022 scrimmages

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on Hawks koopers BLC Fca 2022 scrimmages

FCA went undefeated. FCA beat Hawks 6-5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just out of curiosity... have holdbacks already started at this age? I was at Severn today and I can't believe there are that many 6th graders - 11 year old or just turning 12 this fall - who are 5'6 or taller. A few per team, but not that many...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just out of curiosity... have holdbacks already started at this age? I was at Severn today and I can't believe there are that many 6th graders - 11 year old or just turning 12 this fall - who are 5'6 or taller. A few per team, but not that many...

It is called pre first..The made up grade between Kindergarten and 1st grade... Only private schools like McD. Boys Latin. St Pauls, etc,,are allowed this magical grade for holdbacks...Once the kids go into first grade they are a year older than most 1st graders...My sons class had over half the boys that were held back in "prefirst"... And apologists spare me that they were all summer birthdays...Bunch were but a bunch were much older...pretty disgusting as most was just to get an advantage..not make sure little johnny was ready for 1st grade...Every private school has them and the number total are staggering,,so to answer your question...yes there is that many

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I apologize in advance if this has been discussed. In VA public schools, my understanding is you cannot participate in athletics if you are 19 years old prior to the school year. Is the rule different for private schools?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is called pre first..The made up grade between Kindergarten and 1st grade... Only private schools like McD. Boys Latin. St Pauls, etc,,are allowed this magical grade for holdbacks...Once the kids go into first grade they are a year older than most 1st graders...My sons class had over half the boys that were held back in "prefirst"... And apologists spare me that they were all summer birthdays...Bunch were but a bunch were much older...pretty disgusting as most was just to get an advantage..not make sure little johnny was ready for 1st grade...Every private school has them and the number total are staggering,,so to answer your question...yes there is that many

And then a portion of these pre first private school kids then hold back in 8th grade so are affectionately deemed double holdbacks. Just ask Crabs-it is their selling point and the only way they can win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some private schools have rules and some do not. The IAC stipulates that a kid can be 19 in the fall 12th grader, and a kid can't play more than 4 years in any HS league. I don't know if the extremes of this repeating grades means some kids can't play as seniors. My son's club had two kids who turned 16 in September of 9th grade, so have to assume that is ok to turn 19 Sept as a senior. I think the main reason why this is happening so much is it is being urged by the club and prep lacrosse people, which is a great way to hook in tuition paying families for 8th grade repeated through 12th. The part of the IAC rule that clinches this is the 4 year cap on high school sports participation. You can't repeat 10th or 11th as a transfer, have to do the "redshirt" year in 8th. This is an absolutely brilliant way for Bullis and Landon to rope in 5 year full payers. I keep hearing about gifted lacrosse players all being scholarshiped, but that makes no sense considering how small student body classes are. I don't believe that either school could stay solvent just waiving tuition for 10 kids in a class of 90-100 for lacrosse. I may be wrong, and that may be the case if the prep schools are as nutty as the parents. Anything is possible. The reshirting and private school trend in lacrosse is a fascinating study in tulip-mania. There's very little scholarship money in this sport, and even the admissions sponsorships from coaches are shaky of the kid doesn't have a strong grades and scores academic record. The UPenn and Princeton coaches have loved to brag about how he can get a 3.0 kid in when he really wants him, but both had three commits fail admissions last year. As a parent I'd be pretty bummed if my kid committed to Princeton and wound up at Loyola or Delaware. That trend has been happening quietly for a few years now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A college coach told me something over the summer which I still get a laugh out of. For anyone who doesn't think that reclassifying is a Baltimore and a DMV disease, get this. Only 6 out of 20+ All-MIAA seniors were age eligible to try out for the USA U-19 team this past summer. Only 3 of the seniors who were All-IAC were age eligible to try out for the USA U-19 team. In 2012 more than half of the players who tried out had already played a year of college. In the USA U-19 team tryouts last summer there was only 3 out of 107 kids who had played a year of college. So it isn't just a DMV or a Baltimore disease, it is everywhere now. The same college coach told me that out of over 470 kids who applied to tryout for the USA U-19 team, over 180 were excluded after the applications were submitted for being over the age limit. The application required a birth certificate copy to confirm age eligibility. I guess that is also an indictment on how well these grade repeat All-Americans can read.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some private schools have rules and some do not. The IAC stipulates that a kid can be 19 in the fall 12th grader, and a kid can't play more than 4 years in any HS league. I don't know if the extremes of this repeating grades means some kids can't play as seniors. My son's club had two kids who turned 16 in September of 9th grade, so have to assume that is ok to turn 19 Sept as a senior. I think the main reason why this is happening so much is it is being urged by the club and prep lacrosse people, which is a great way to hook in tuition paying families for 8th grade repeated through 12th. The part of the IAC rule that clinches this is the 4 year cap on high school sports participation. You can't repeat 10th or 11th as a transfer, have to do the "redshirt" year in 8th. This is an absolutely brilliant way for Bullis and Landon to rope in 5 year full payers. I keep hearing about gifted lacrosse players all being scholarshiped, but that makes no sense considering how small student body classes are. I don't believe that either school could stay solvent just waiving tuition for 10 kids in a class of 90-100 for lacrosse. I may be wrong, and that may be the case if the prep schools are as nutty as the parents. Anything is possible. The reshirting and private school trend in lacrosse is a fascinating study in tulip-mania. There's very little scholarship money in this sport, and even the admissions sponsorships from coaches are shaky of the kid doesn't have a strong grades and scores academic record. The UPenn and Princeton coaches have loved to brag about how he can get a 3.0 kid in when he really wants him, but both had three commits fail admissions last year. As a parent I'd be pretty bummed if my kid committed to Princeton and wound up at Loyola or Delaware. That trend has been happening quietly for a few years now.

Well if your kid has a 3.0 you should not want him to go to UPenn anyway this is a set up for failure. I am aware the athletes get extra help but at schools like UPenn or Princeton this help is only help not people doing work for you like the football powers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My worst fear as a parent would be my kid committing to a selective school as a 9th grader, and then the way it turns out he has a 3.6-3.7 and only above average scores. There are a lot of kids out there who have a 4.0 capability. I believe the kids who get the best grades work the hardest for their grades. Worst of all worlds is a scholarship school coach telling a non-revenue sport kid that he can get him in with a 3.xx. Or an Ivy coach stating that, whether it really is 3.0 or even 3.6. A 3.6 won't get any non-preferenced kid into a very selective school. I think a valid point is that coaches have some room, but not nearly as much as they think they do. The kids who didn't get into Princeton weren't lax bros, one our family knew had good grades, but not great grades. A 3.9 was definitely attainable but he was a 3.6 and didn't ace out any AP courses or tests. I am plenty familiar with "room", as I needed and got some as a recruited athlete a generation ago to a selective school D1 program. I did the "senior slide" spring of senior year and got 3 Bs and only 2 As, and that alone was not a big deal. I see it as a risk that a kid committed far in advance of senior year has the temptation to glide some and have a longer more mediocre academic record. I can appreciate that maybe the #1 and the #2 recruit can get a lot of room, but I rather doubt coaches at Penn or at Princetok can show up with a portfolio of 9 or 10 kids needing a lot or any room at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA got beaten badly by Bethesda - not sure how that makes them undefeated lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's right - May 1, 2002 is cut off. Point the poster is trying to make is that Crabs and Hawks have boys who are too old for WSYL. This is based on the Rosters that were released for these teams - from the Macdonough Tournament. Bethesda does not have any boys born before this date - so entire roster eligible. GT has 2 boys - crabs have 3, but possibly more as some left DOB out, and Hawks have 1 with couple left off too.

Everyone now clear on this. And no - the rosters will not be posted on this site - just pointing out that for WSYL these squads will not be intact - for whatever that is worth - and crabs have a 9th grade ages boy on 7th grade team - which is absurd, but not a rule violation for grade based events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's right - May 1, 2002 is cut off. Point the poster is trying to make is that Crabs and Hawks have boys who are too old for WSYL. This is based on the Rosters that were released for these teams - from the Macdonough Tournament. Bethesda does not have any boys born before this date - so entire roster eligible. GT has 2 boys - crabs have 3, but possibly more as some left DOB out, and Hawks have 1 with couple left off too.

Everyone now clear on this. And no - the rosters will not be posted on this site - just pointing out that for WSYL these squads will not be intact - for whatever that is worth - and crabs have a 9th grade ages boy on 7th grade team - which is absurd, but not a rule violation for grade based events.

Post is pointless without proof and posting any of the rosters. No dog in the fight but dont sit back behind a computer and gossip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My worst fear as a parent would be my kid committing to a selective school as a 9th grader, and then the way it turns out he has a 3.6-3.7 and only above average scores. There are a lot of kids out there who have a 4.0 capability. I believe the kids who get the best grades work the hardest for their grades. Worst of all worlds is a scholarship school coach telling a non-revenue sport kid that he can get him in with a 3.xx. Or an Ivy coach stating that, whether it really is 3.0 or even 3.6. A 3.6 won't get any non-preferenced kid into a very selective school. I think a valid point is that coaches have some room, but not nearly as much as they think they do. The kids who didn't get into Princeton weren't lax bros, one our family knew had good grades, but not great grades. A 3.9 was definitely attainable but he was a 3.6 and didn't ace out any AP courses or tests. I am plenty familiar with "room", as I needed and got some as a recruited athlete a generation ago to a selective school D1 program. I did the "senior slide" spring of senior year and got 3 Bs and only 2 As, and that alone was not a big deal. I see it as a risk that a kid committed far in advance of senior year has the temptation to glide some and have a longer more mediocre academic record. I can appreciate that maybe the #1 and the #2 recruit can get a lot of room, but I rather doubt coaches at Penn or at Princetok can show up with a portfolio of 9 or 10 kids needing a lot or any room at all.

your worst fear as a parent is that your kid doesn't get admitted to a "selective" school? Charmed life

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you really think that the schools put the kids in prefirst for some "athletic advantage"? You think they know when they are 4 and 5 years old that A)The boy is going to play lacrosse, B)The boy is going to be good at lacrosse and C)The boy is going to stay at said school for 13 years?

These schools can charge what they do based on the colleges they send ALL OF THE STUDENTS to. Not just lacrosse players. Do you not think it behooves these institutions to allow the boys to wait to start kindergarten in terms of maturity? If this wasn't the case, why is this almost solely done with boys? McDonogh does not put many girls in pre-first and neither do the all girls schools. My son is an early September birthday. If he had been born 13 days earlier he would have started the year before. I love my son dearly, but he was in no way mature enough or ready to start school the year prior. I was lucky that he was in fact born in September so I didn't have to make that decision.

I agree with you on the 8th grade holdbacks. That is shameful. But to label a kid with a spring/summer birthday that was put in prefirst as a kid that had to go to prefirst because otherwise he couldn't compete on the field is irresponsible and smells of jealousy and envy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]My worst fear as a parent would be my kid committing to a selective school as a 9th grader, and then the way it turns out he has a 3.6-3.7 and only above average scores.

your worst fear as a parent is that your kid doesn't get admitted to a "selective" school? Charmed life

To be pretty clear, my son is not a lacrosse verbal to a college. To also be clear, he's a top student who will apply to several selective schools in hopes of being admitted knowing it is competitive. And to be crystal clear, our world goes on regardless of where he does or doesn't get in. That's why kids apply to a range of colleges and not one. And yes, I have thought about it some that IF he were a lacrosse verbal to a college the worst of all worlds is he has a mindset of being headed somewhere and then that doesn't happen because he's not admitted. We saw this happen to a kid of a family we know well and it was just devastating for the kid. He had good but not great grades, and certainly not Ivy grades, so there will be plenty of people saying you get what is coming. But the point is he verbally committed and the coach never said anything but no worries kid. If my son got involved in the Ivy promises game from a coach, I don't think that would be real healthy. I think a charmed life is these kids being able to pick a college when they are ready and after they applied to several.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you really think that the schools put the kids in prefirst for some "athletic advantage"? You think they know when they are 4 and 5 years old that A)The boy is going to play lacrosse, B)The boy is going to be good at lacrosse and C)The boy is going to stay at said school for 13 years?

These schools can charge what they do based on the colleges they send ALL OF THE STUDENTS to. Not just lacrosse players. Do you not think it behooves these institutions to allow the boys to wait to start kindergarten in terms of maturity? If this wasn't the case, why is this almost solely done with boys? McDonogh does not put many girls in pre-first and neither do the all girls schools. My son is an early September birthday. If he had been born 13 days earlier he would have started the year before. I love my son dearly, but he was in no way mature enough or ready to start school the year prior. I was lucky that he was in fact born in September so I didn't have to make that decision.

I agree with you on the 8th grade holdbacks. That is shameful. But to label a kid with a spring/summer birthday that was put in prefirst as a kid that had to go to prefirst because otherwise he couldn't compete on the field is irresponsible and smells of jealousy and envy.

You may smell jealously and envy, but most of us smell something else. And most people could care less what you do with your child at a young age. But why is there a need to get an advantage MOST CHILDREN don't enjoy in YOUTH lacrosse.That is what this discussion is about, not if little private school johnny needs another year to mature for school. Even tho Privates schools seem to be loaded with children that aren't mature compared to the rare kindergarten child held back in the Public school system.And it isnt just a summer thing..Many kids held back in prefirst are born in months prior to summer. And if you think that many parents main reason is not to give their child an advantage you are misinformed and out of touch with reality. That advantage could fester in academics or sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may smell jealously and envy, but most of us smell something else. And most people could care less what you do with your child at a young age. But why is there a need to get an advantage MOST CHILDREN don't enjoy in YOUTH lacrosse.That is what this discussion is about, not if little private school johnny needs another year to mature for school. Even tho Privates schools seem to be loaded with children that aren't mature compared to the rare kindergarten child held back in the Public school system.And it isnt just a summer thing..Many kids held back in prefirst are born in months prior to summer. And if you think that many parents main reason is not to give their child an advantage you are misinformed and out of touch with reality. That advantage could fester in academics or sports.

They say words like holding him back will give him a chance to excel. You are correct the pre first parent does not know his son is going to be a great lacrosse player. But once he becomes a Pre First his odds for being a great lacrosse player increase by 50% to 60%. Now with this new system he will player travel lacrosse at the old U9 age bracket but he will be a year older then all the kids. So he will play more and at the highest levels way sooner then ever before. With the old system he would have to play with his age kids tell 9th grade. So lets count U9 is what 2nd grade. That is 7 years more of playing with kids a full year and a half younger. So we can guess he will be starting and playing most of these travel high level games this whole 7 years. This is why us on age parents are a little upset. And have every right to not sit and take it. They play travel now with the kids Grad year not age if you all did not know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are thousands of posts back and forth here and on other threads. It all boils down to this: the prep schools don't have rules in regards to repeating grades, so there shouldn't be any problem with this issue insofar as prep school play is concerned. Public schools do have rules stating you can't reclassify for discretionary reasons. If you want that option, you have to go via a private school.

The clubs in this sport go by graduation years as well, and that makes lacrosse different from most other sports that are simply age based. I've never read anything that shows a good cause to be different and do grade based instead of age based youth teams. Many posters have also noted that college coaches do not care if a kid is old for his class, and may prefer it, which is fine. Posters noted that at clubs tournaments college coaches get both the age and the school year from the books issued and could not be confused about either. Since club lacrosse is not a school sport or a school league, why fight so hard against just doing age based teams like the other youth sports? The best players are still the best players, the best athletes are still the best athletes and everyone can read what grade a kid is in.

The point that always gets ignored is rec or club lacrosse is not a great big scholastic sport. It has literally nothing at all to do in any way with schools, school leagues or school rules and requirements. By the reasoning on this board, what would you do with a 16 year old who graduated young from high school? Tell him he can't play because he skipped grades on discretion instead of repeated them on discretion? That makes no sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are incorrect. Many private leagues have rules about transfers and/or kids repeating grades. Many only allow kids to play 4 seasons of a sport (and some don't differentiate between JV and Varsity).

Some do not allow kids to repeat a grade at all. Some only allow transfers for kids of a certain grade and/or age.

Not everyone fits in your bucket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will someone please explain how people are continuing to re-class 9th grade and remain NCAA eligible? Are they in effect finished in 11th grade. If repeating 9th grade, the 11th grade first semester is the seventh semester for eligibility (see below). Is 12th grade the equivalent of a PG? year? Do they plan for a redshirt year to make up for not finishing four years after they started 9th grade the first time?

"Ten (10) core courses completed before the seventh semester; seven (7) of the 10 must be in English, math or natural/physical science. These courses/grades are "locked in" at start of the seventh semester (cannot be repeated for grade-point average [GPA] improvement to meet initial-eligibility requirements for competition)."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are thousands of posts back and forth here and on other threads. It all boils down to this: the prep schools don't have rules in regards to repeating grades, so there shouldn't be any problem with this issue insofar as prep school play is concerned. Public schools do have rules stating you can't reclassify for discretionary reasons. If you want that option, you have to go via a private school.

The clubs in this sport go by graduation years as well, and that makes lacrosse different from most other sports that are simply age based. I've never read anything that shows a good cause to be different and do grade based instead of age based youth teams. Many posters have also noted that college coaches do not care if a kid is old for his class, and may prefer it, which is fine. Posters noted that at clubs tournaments college coaches get both the age and the school year from the books issued and could not be confused about either. Since club lacrosse is not a school sport or a school league, why fight so hard against just doing age based teams like the other youth sports? The best players are still the best players, the best athletes are still the best athletes and everyone can read what grade a kid is in.

The point that always gets ignored is rec or club lacrosse is not a great big scholastic sport. It has literally nothing at all to do in any way with schools, school leagues or school rules and requirements. By the reasoning on this board, what would you do with a 16 year old who graduated young from high school? Tell him he can't play because he skipped grades on discretion instead of repeated them on discretion? That makes no sense.

This is a easy one have the kid play with the other 16 year olds. Would we all be yelling for a 16 year old in 12th grade must play 2016 team. I think not he would say I am 16 years old can I play with the 2018 team and everyone would say sure no problem

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a easy one have the kid play with the other 16 year olds. Would we all be yelling for a 16 year old in 12th grade must play 2016 team. I think not he would say I am 16 years old can I play with the 2018 team and everyone would say sure no problem

What about a kid that skips a grade? Now s/he has to play with older kids because academically they needed to be challenged?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are incorrect. Many private leagues have rules about transfers and/or kids repeating grades. Many only allow kids to play 4 seasons of a sport (and some don't differentiate between JV and Varsity).

Some do not allow kids to repeat a grade at all. Some only allow transfers for kids of a certain grade and/or age.

Not everyone fits in your bucket.

I am correct as far as every single private league is concerned. Some do have a rule stating you can only play a high school sport 4 times. That is exactly why the 8th grade is most popular for kids in the IAC. If you play 9th grade at a public, you'd have 3 years left to play at an IAC school and some kids do sit out 9th grade reclassify year in order to do that. Then there is the rule you can't repeat a grade in the same league or lose a year to transfer in the same league, but nothing prevents a kid from transferring from an IAC to a WCAC or to go to a boarding school, which also happens a lot. The IAC has a no transfer rule for upperclass grades, but again nothing prevents movement between privates in any year between private schools in different leagues. The only IAC hard rule is you can't be 20 years old. There is an age cap. This isn't a blast on the IAC, same liberal maneuvers can be the case for an MIAA kid who has appetites to reclassify.

And this is the classic diversion away from the central question: how can it be argued that club or rec lacrosse is a scholastic sport? It has absolutely nothing to do with schools, private schools, private or public school leagues in any way whatsoever.

So again, is there a single reason to deem youth club or rec lacrosse a scholastic sport?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a easy one have the kid play with the other 16 year olds. Would we all be yelling for a 16 year old in 12th grade must play 2016 team. I think not he would say I am 16 years old can I play with the 2018 team and everyone would say sure no problem [/quote]

And you'd be wrong. I have a nephew who skipped a grade. When lacrosse went from age based teams to school year based ones a year ago he was literally a year younger than on aged classmates and 2+ years younger than the reclassified kids and he was overwhelmed and didn't make the two club teams he tried out for. On age he was a good enough player and athlete, the problem is he was absurdly young for his middle school grade. My brother asked both clubs if he could play down a grade year. They both said they'd never do that because it would screw up kids who were on-grade out of a roster spot in the recruiting. So basically my nephew was excluded out over the optic of recruiting needs to have these kids on grade only based and focused teams. This was an 7th grade team. Clubs don't want and exclude that circumstance to play down to be more age appropriate if very young for their grade. So my nephew quit lacrosse in middle school to try other sports. That's supposed to support the argument that grade based teams for non-scholastic sports makes sense? Sorry, that fails.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA got beaten badly by Bethesda - not sure how that makes them undefeated lol.

I heard the score was 6-4 with FCA 2022 winning at Severn. FCA looks to have benefited from the Breakers 2022 split as much as Team 91 MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 6-4 fca

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 6-4 fca

Lol. The people who are still talking about who won a fall playday scrimmage. By two goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we have a polite consensus of where the 2020/8th grade teams stack up at this point based on the last couple of weeks of games? Easy for the DC area teams and the Hawks because they were at the Madlax tournament last weekend. Here is a shot (know nothing about where Bal teams fit in such as FCA, GT and Looneys):

1. Crabs
2. Next Level
3. 3d Mid-Atlantic
4. Madlax Capital
5. Hawks
6. VLC
7. Roughriders
8. Bethesda
?. Club Blue
?. Cannons

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We drive from DC burbs in car pool to BL for Crabs and it is a Ruth Chris experience in terms of coaching/instruction. And it is way cheaper than any other program my kids have played for. No--brainer.....

Page 7 of 31 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard