BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
Re: High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know of GIRLS high school winter leagues on LI? Doesn't look like Sports Hub is doing a high school division this year.

Not sure, but I wasn't a fan of Hub. Not very organized.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sayville lacrosse community has been asked for months now to allow Coach D to follow the districts process. But I can tell you if he is not reinstated all heck will break loose.

With a 25 parent protest? LOL Move on my friend. Maybe if you took an interest in the total HS package of education, athletics and clubs and went to a few BOE meetings before all this you would have just a little credibility. Sadly you didn't so you get what you get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sayville lacrosse community has been asked for months now to allow Coach D to follow the districts process. But I can tell you if he is not reinstated all heck will break loose.

With a 25 parent protest? LOL Move on my friend. Maybe if you took an interest in the total HS package of education, athletics and clubs and went to a few BOE meetings before all this you would have just a little credibility. Sadly you didn't so you get what you get.

Stop misdirecting the thread. This issue is about what is best for the lacrosse program, period. Why would the parents of the kid who plays trumpet in the band care? All it takes is one labor lawsuit and this issue blows up. Easily filed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, do not want to go back and read the entire thread. Can someone please give the reason for the coach being removed? Also, is the coach a teacher in the district?

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
18 year teacher and coach at sayville. He started the boys program in 1997

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, do not want to go back and read the entire thread. Can someone please give the reason for the coach being removed? Also, is the coach a teacher in the district?

Thanks

Friend, your guess is as good as mine. From what I can gather, assistant coaches were axed for JV lacrosse. Parents responded by researching the insurance liability and found the increased exposure of only having one coach far outweighed the few thousand dollars in salary that was allocated for JV coaches. Somehow this became the fault of Coach D and it was decided not to bring him back. The Super blames the Board, the Board blames the Super.

Bottom line, this is all ego driven. The best man for the job is Coach D, he should be reinstated. The ONLY people who don't want him to return are those not involved with the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what a misguided statement of the BOE process. You vote in a brd and you trust they will do what is right when you catch wind they do something against your wishes you raise the issue if not addressed to your liking you get involved.

Stop with the go to all meetings they are not dare i say convenient especially for those that give a lot to a community and donate their time elsewhere.

Now for those stating education vs sports and clubs. shame on you HS is the complete package once we realize this we will all be a bit better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think you have it bad, try living in sachem. North varsity coach just took a leave of absence to go coach at Stony Brook. East varsity coach wants nothing to do with anything other than his team and the budget is a mess.

Good luck to Sachem Lacrosse. Houses are for sale in my district.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks

Friend, your guess is as good as mine. From what I can gather, assistant coaches were axed for JV lacrosse. Parents responded by researching the insurance liability and found the increased exposure of only having one coach far outweighed the few thousand dollars in salary that was allocated for JV coaches. Somehow this became the fault of Coach D and it was decided not to bring him back. The Super blames the Board, the Board blames the Super.

Bottom line, this is all ego driven. The best man for the job is Coach D, he should be reinstated. The ONLY people who don't want him to return are those not involved with the program.

And if you believe that line I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you! The assistant coach was the straw that broke the camels back. He lied to the community about it and made the super/board look foolish. But before that, there were numerous complaints against him. Please don't believe the one guy posting all of the positive mumbo jumbo. His kid is a senior this year and he was expecting that he would play now. With a new coach there will be no promises of playing time. His kid will need to earn it like everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what a misguided statement of the BOE process. You vote in a brd and you trust they will do what is right when you catch wind they do something against your wishes you raise the issue if not addressed to your liking you get involved.

Stop with the go to all meetings they are not dare i say convenient especially for those that give a lot to a community and donate their time elsewhere.

Now for those stating education vs sports and clubs. shame on you HS is the complete package once we realize this we will all be a bit better

I agree that HS is the complete package. The lacrosse program is not going anywhere. It will just have a new coach. Clubs get new advisers, classes get taught by new teachers, teams get coaches by new coaches. Life goes on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks

And if you believe that line I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you! The assistant coach was the straw that broke the camels back. He lied to the community about it and made the super/board look foolish. But before that, there were numerous complaints against him. Please don't believe the one guy posting all of the positive mumbo jumbo. His kid is a senior this year and he was expecting that he would play now. With a new coach there will be no promises of playing time. His kid will need to earn it like everyone else.

Coach D's son is NOT a senior? You are posting lies. Numerous complaints? From whom and about what? I've been involved with the Sayville program via my kids for years and haven't heard a single complaint. Please elaborate and ask for your fictitious and slanderous post to be removed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a booster club? they are the ones that usually cause the most problems after gaining access. And they are the ones who tend to get hurt during transitions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks

Coach D's son is NOT a senior? You are posting lies. Numerous complaints? From whom and about what? I've been involved with the Sayville program via my kids for years and haven't heard a single complaint. Please elaborate and ask for your fictitious and slanderous post to be removed.

I think he means you, not the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's been established that there had been an oversight about informing the coach about the JV assistant. The AD informed him sometime in January, even the AD can admit to that .Coach D son is still in the middle school 7th or 8th grade. Please if your here to stir the pot, take a walk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach D just finalized adopting a 19 year old hold back from Maryland. It's supposed to be his secret weapon. Word got out and they board of Ed was angry because it threw the enrollment figures off. So the decided to fire him. C'mon, if you cared about education and went to a board meeting you would know this. You people are so out of touch. You must all be friends with that lady who's a shade of Aqua Blue in Sayville..... Lol crazy..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could anyone in the sayville lacrosse community have an issue with the Coach? Have you seen other programs? Have you watched the teams he's coached compete year after year? Let's consider ourselves fortunate and fight for Coach D to be reinstated! I've been waiting years for my son to be of age to be on his team. Was there any talk of the position at the board meeting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's been established that there had been an oversight about informing the coach about the JV assistant. The AD informed him sometime in January, even the AD can admit to that .Coach D son is still in the middle school 7th or 8th grade. Please if your here to stir the pot, take a walk

Stop drinking the purple cool aid. The board and AD vehemently deny that they withheld info from him. In fact, they are adamant about the fact that he WAS informed with the other coaches the prior spring. It was discussed at numerous meetings. I don't know where you're getting your info, but it's obviously coming from the coaches camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you think you know so much? Why don't you ask the AD? You are obviously not a lax parent in the district but are close to the goings on? I've spoken to 3 of the coaches that were at that meeting. The all told me nothing was said about JV assistants being cut. One of the coaches was from the biggest program in town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny just heard a certain town has almost bred the top goalies. 2016 top returner from 2015 2017 91 SJB 2018 express Cham. 2020 crush. 2021 express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you think you know so much? Why don't you ask the AD? You are obviously not a lax parent in the district but are close to the goings on? I've spoken to 3 of the coaches that were at that meeting. The all told me nothing was said about JV assistants being cut. One of the coaches was from the biggest program in town.

This situation is making our town's leaders look like petty egomaniacs. The coach works is tail off for the kids, is totally committed to getting the kids to be the best players and people they can be. My oldest son hardly played yet he always referred to coach CD in the warmest terms and repeated phrases he used to motivate the boys. He's obviously had a very positive impact on 100's of Sayville kids over the years. That's the guy I want influencing and shaping our kids. Bring back the guy who cares the most AND runs a highly successful program.

Spring Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This situation is making our town's leaders look like petty egomaniacs. The coach works is tail off for the kids, is totally committed to getting the kids to be the best players and people they can be. My oldest son hardly played yet he always referred to coach CD in the warmest terms and repeated phrases he used to motivate the boys. He's obviously had a very positive impact on 100's of Sayville kids over the years. That's the guy I want influencing and shaping our kids. Bring back the guy who cares the most AND runs a highly successful program.

Let it go. Your repetitive complaints on a message board aren't going to change anything. This is getting old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He left for personal/family reasons....went to HHH.

I heard one of the PW assistants is going to be the new Head. They lost a lot of guys from last year

Re: Spring Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let it go. Your repetitive complaints on a message board aren't going to change anything. This is getting old.

Whining parents doing anything to get their kids playing time is getting old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sayville Varsity coach is unpolitical. He's not promising anyone playing time. They have always played the best kids. PERIOD! WOW this one guy has it out for coach D , what a shame. The varsity team and program will never be the same. And don't come back now and say "yeah it will get better". Open your eyes, look around at suffolk and Nassau, there are only a few programs in the top spots every year. It's no mistake Sayville has been in the County Championship 4x in 10 years and deep into the playoffs every year. They been running a great program for years. They can't pay any coach enough to do what Coach D has been doing. Why don't we ask the other teams in their league to evaluate the Sayville program? Coaches I've spoken to can't believe what's going on. It's no wonder most of the coaches in the league have contacted him to take their programs over. If we lose Coach D, we will never get him back. Hate to say this but I'm glad my son graduated and was fortunate to be coached by him. Sayville your making a huge mistake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse was a wonderful game from the 1970 - 2005. Now whining parents and possible scholarships create all this venom. I see club directors jumping in for the money (there was never money in lacrosse) people who never played bring coaching issues to school districts, "head" coaches looking for gigs in a district just so they can coach their kid and millions of other influences on the kids and the game. Sad to see. wish the kids could just play in the moment not deal with all the BS. If they are god enough they may play in college but all the garbage, whining and posturing will not matter then. Seen many great HS players become role players in top division 1 programs and if they cannot handle it, it is generally over for them. Live in the moment and enjoy. You can't get the time back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

School administrators (and all employers) are not legally allowed to discuss personnel matters with the public. Additionally, they are also not allowed to discuss individual student matters with the public.

Consequently, the REAL reason for the termination could be justified. But even if it's not, the system is what it is. If you don't like the system, then vote out the Board of Education in your respective districts. Better yet - run for office and get your like-minded friends to do the same. Put your voting "money" where your mouth is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

School administrators (and all employers) are not legally allowed to discuss personnel matters with the public. Additionally, they are also not allowed to discuss individual student matters with the public.

Consequently, the REAL reason for the termination could be justified. But even if it's not, the system is what it is. If you don't like the system, then vote out the Board of Education in your respective districts. Better yet - run for office and get your like-minded friends to do the same. Put your voting "money" where your mouth is.

There is no "real" reason and that fact is widely known and why we are in the predicament that we find ourselves in. I vote people into office who I think will honorably represent my views and ideals. My child is a hard working student athlete who has been looking forward to playing for Coach D for the last two years. I'm not going to shrug my shoulders and say "oh well", when everyone close to the situation knows this decision was borne from emotion and embarrassment brought on by well informed parents who refused to be treated like children. Swallow your pride and do what's in the best interest of the student athletes who want to have a great varsity lacrosse experience at Sayville and become part of the tradition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no "real" reason and that fact is widely known and why we are in the predicament that we find ourselves in. I vote people into office who I think will honorably represent my views and ideals. My child is a hard working student athlete who has been looking forward to playing for Coach D for the last two years. I'm not going to shrug my shoulders and say "oh well", when everyone close to the situation knows this decision was borne from emotion and embarrassment brought on by well informed parents who refused to be treated like children. Swallow your pride and do what's in the best interest of the student athletes who want to have a great varsity lacrosse experience at Sayville and become part of the tradition.

Sounds good in theory, but it doesn't change employment law. Good school administrators don't tell tales "out of school". The downside of having public meetings is that the full story is only known by one side. Board of Ed meetings are great places for parents to "vent" on PENDING issues, but the chances of getting someone reinstated are slim to none once the trigger has been pulled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All this talk about not bringing back the coach but 0 talk of who is taking over. Almost seems like there is no one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville Middle School parent here. I agree that coach should be reinstated. If it is a done deal though appoint the new coach already. Other teams are practicing. If my son was playing varsity now I would be pissed! Stop the nonsense and make a decision either way so that the team can get to work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why do you think you know so much? Why don't you ask the AD? You are obviously not a lax parent in the district but are close to the goings on? I've spoken to 3 of the coaches that were at that meeting. The all told me nothing was said about JV assistants being cut. One of the coaches was from the biggest program in town.

Sounds good in theory, but it doesn't change employment law. Good school administrators don't tell tales "out of school". The downside of having public meetings is that the full story is only known by one side. Board of Ed meetings are great places for parents to "vent" on PENDING issues, but the chances of getting someone reinstated are slim to none once the trigger has been pulled.

The Board is conducting an open search for the Varsity Lacrosse coaching position, is Coach D's name in the running? Pretty simple process to reinstate. If he is indeed the best candidate to fill the position, hire the guy and be done with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All this talk about not bringing back the coach but 0 talk of who is taking over. Almost seems like there is no one.

arnt both answers just a "FOIL" away. Just submit paperwork.

When it comes to Public School employment I am close to certain the public is allowed to Know the reason someone is terminated. If a contract wasn't extended that is different.

If a new person is hired the public is also entitled to know who and for how much they were granted to fill the spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that Suffolk is going back to the old alignment?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching is a year to year contract.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FOIL for a High School Lax coach???? I have never heard of a coach's name being withheld, for any reason. If Coach D is gone, people need to know who is going to take over. Off-season work has already started.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When it comes to Public School employment I am close to certain the public is allowed to Know the reason someone is terminated. If a contract wasn't extended that is different.

If a new person is hired the public is also entitled to know who and for how much they were granted to fill the spot.

The Freedom of Information Law ("FOIL") does not give the public access to every bit of information inside an employee's personnel file. It can, however, provide very general information such as name, date of hire, initial position, starting salary, final position, date of separation, and ending salary, type of separation. There is no law that requires any employer to disclose the actual REASON for the separation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FOIL for a High School Lax coach???? I have never heard of a coach's name being withheld, for any reason. If Coach D is gone, people need to know who is going to take over. Off-season work has already started.

relax, our school has hired a coach a week before tryouts. Optional open gyms do not require a coach. Do you people read what you write? Anyone concerned about the SAT's this weekend? Its a game worry about the classroom because that is what your BOE is worried about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Freedom of Information Law ("FOIL") does not give the public access to every bit of information inside an employee's personnel file. It can, however, provide very general information such as name, date of hire, initial position, starting salary, final position, date of separation, and ending salary, type of separation. There is no law that requires any employer to disclose the actual REASON for the separation.

...with the exception of a subpoena, which has to be signed by a judge.

Now that we've beaten this horse to death, how about we all get back to the topic of high school lacrosse.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

...with the exception of a subpoena, which has to be signed by a judge.

Now that we've beaten this horse to death, how about we all get back to the topic of high school lacrosse.

Yessssssss, please!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is unfortunate but High School Lacrosse (boys and girls) has become a mess here on Long Island. Parents, High School Coaches, Club Directors and College coaches all contribute to the problems. The players are caught in the middle and even if they have grounded realistic parents it can be very stressful for the players.

Parents: Many of us are crazy and unrealistic. Many of us are bitter, jealous and hateful. Many of us create toxic and unpleasant sidelines. Not all are bad but there are a lot that cause all sorts of issues.

High School Coaches: There are some really good ones. There are also some really bad ones. There are incompetents and there are coaches who do not care. Some are misguided and there are bullies. There are coaches who allow a financial conflict of interest to influence their decisions. There are also plenty of arrogant coaches.

Club Directors: Some good, some bad but at the end of the day the parents can choose. The parent can choose what club to play for (as long as HS coach does not coerce the player). The player and parent can choose not to play club at all.

College Coaches: College coaches lining the sidelines of 9th and 10th grade games is great for the top players but it can negatively impact many of the players. It also fuels the fires of the crazy unrealistic parents. In some cases it also impacts the insecure HS coach, many do not like it when players are recruited before they play a varsity game.

High School sports are supposed to be about the players. Its not supposed to be about the coaches or the parents or getting recruited. My kids all play multiple sports and none of the other sports are anything like lacrosse in any way. Parents, High School Coaches, College Coaches and Club Owners all contribute to the mess known as Long Island Lacrosse. Forgot, some youth league directors and youth coaches are problems as well.

Good luck to all who try to navigate this crazy landscape.

Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard