BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30
Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Well, Heros parents have been talking a lot about how great they were going to be this year with the new girls they got from Bitmore.

Are they still talking about it? [/quote]

that heros team has only practice together for a little. As lacrosse teams go's they will get better when they's play as a team. Weather we see it this next tournament or after, they're playing will get better when there play's as a team. The heros team has very good goalies and that is what will make them bettre than Mnd and JY. There fist goalie has to get use to a new coach but will soon doing better. Wells see how the rest of the games goes.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, Heros parents have been talking a lot about how great they were going to be this year with the new girls they got from Bitmore.

Are they still talking about it?

that heros team has only practice together for a little. As lacrosse teams go's they will get better when they's play as a team. Weather we see it this next tournament or after, they're playing will get better when there play's as a team. The heros team has very good goalies and that is what will make them bettre than Mnd and JY. There fist goalie has to get use to a new coach but will soon doing better. Wells see how the rest of the games goes. [/quote]

Trying to translate this.
Kids need to practice together to jell, makes sense.
Same coach but among the new additions is another goalie?
Once that goalie learns the coaches defensive schema the whole team becomes better then YJ and M&D?
The new goalie is better then the old goalie and better them YJs or M&Ds goalies?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that heros team has only practice together for a little. As lacrosse teams go's they will get better when they's play as a team. Weather we see it this next tournament or after, they're playing will get better when there play's as a team. The heros team has very good goalies and that is what will make them bettre than Mnd and JY. There fist goalie has to get use to a new coach but will soon doing better. Wells see how the rest of the games goes.

Once that goalie learns the coaches defensive schema the whole team becomes better then YJ and M&D?
The new goalie is better then the old goalie and better them YJs or M&Ds goalies?
[/quote]

Good job was trying to make sense of that post as well, hopefully written by a Heros player and not a parent
Either way should be an exciting summer season. I'm sure there will be some new player additions to both YJ and M&D and betting both teams will only be stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

LOL. Thanks for the translation. YJ has a fantastic goalie and M&D added a great goalie this season. Should be fun. maybe Heros can actually beat one of the two this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently someone does not understand all the dynamics involve around the crease. A so-so goalie can look really good if the defenders are giving her the shots that she wants. But, if the defense is just letting shooters waltz in then she has no chance. Overall - there are 11 bodies in front of that goalie. Let's see how they step up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. Everybody is an expert on goalies. Especially those that have never played the position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. Everybody is an expert on goalies. Especially those that have never played the position.

All valid points but unless I missed something, I don't think anyone was bashing the goalies on any of these teams mentioned above?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All valid points but unless I missed something, I don't think anyone was bashing the goalies on any of these teams mentioned above?

"The heros team has very good goalies and that is what will make them bettre than Mnd and JY."

That sounds like a jab at both M&D/YJ goalies to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"The heros team has very good goalies and that is what will make them bettre than Mnd and JY."

First of all, that was from the illiterate poster. Secondly, don't be so sensitive Nancy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you had to play the position - or even the sport - to post on here, you'd lose 90% of the comments.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all, that was from the illiterate poster. Secondly, don't be so sensitive Nancy.

So illiterate people should be ignored? That comment started the whole goalie conversation. Secondly, my name's not Nancy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So illiterate people should be ignored? That comment started the whole goalie conversation. Secondly, my name's not Nancy.

It's Sally who is the sensitive one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously, there is a troll on here spouting off about Heros 2021. We have seen things like Heros will crush M&D this year. Heros will be impossible to beat with the new girls from Bitmore. Even after M&D easily beat Heros last week they were still on here posting Heros was better than M&D.

You are all feeding into this nonsense by even responding to them. If Heros beats M&D or YJ then there can be a discussion. Until then, it's all noise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously, there is a troll on here spouting off about Heros 2021. We have seen things like Heros will crush M&D this year. Heros will be impossible to beat with the new girls from Bitmore. Even after M&D easily beat Heros last week they were still on here posting Heros was better than M&D.

You are all feeding into this nonsense by even responding to them. If Heros beats M&D or YJ then there can be a discussion. Until then, it's all noise.

Heros be the bestest's club team out there! There goalies be the bestest's around!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros be the bestest's club team out there! There goalies be the bestest's around!

It's no surprise to see that particular team spouting nonsense. From the highest level of professional athletics to the darkest corners of youth club sports, teams (and their parents) take on the identity of their coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to be one of the top three teams in any sport is amazing. For the angry, seek counseling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to be one of the top three teams in any sport is amazing. For the angry, seek counseling.

Sounds like a good idea, but do you think you will be able to remain in the top 3 with your coaches in counseling?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a good idea, but do you think you will be able to remain in the top 3 with your coaches in counseling?

What is all this about the Heros coaches? Played them many times and never noticed any issues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is all this about the Heros coaches? Played them many times and never noticed any issues.

I think I have seen you before. You are the guy that always has headphones on during the games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think I have seen you before. You are the guy that always has headphones on during the games.

Not at all. My daughter's team has never lost to them, so I would have expected that I would have noticed it. There are far more obnoxious coaches out there than Heros. Pure Lacrosse being the top of the heap in that regard. Have seen Integrity's coach go crazy as well.

Honestly I have never noticed this from Heros. Maybe someone has an ax to grind?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obv someone w an axe to grind and the best he can come up with is the coaches yell at games. The only coaches that do that in travel lacrosse. How dare they.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obv someone w an axe to grind and the best he can come up with is the coaches yell at games. The only coaches that do that in travel lacrosse. How dare they.

Not for nothing how else do you get info to a player 50 yards away . Too funny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good games this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good games this weekend?

M&D vs Heros Sunday morning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros and mnd Sunday. Both teams practiced this week on the same field. Good to see the girls all together. Maybe heros has a chance w a good second half last week against them. Mnd still the team to beat at this age group. Nothing more fun then seeing all these girls compete at the very highest level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Giants vs. Tampa Bay

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not for nothing how else do you get info to a player 50 yards away . Too funny!

My point exactly! You cannot avoid it and with the defense also yelling and calling, "bawl, bawl" constantly - one does need to scream at the top of their lungs to provide precise instructions on offensive sets, formations and options to the players. Plus, if a player messes up - you need to correct it immediately. It's just not prudent to wait for that player to come back to the bench and instruct them there. And for some of those players - that may end being at half-time. If the girls cannot handle the yelling then they should not have signed on - it will only get worse. In fact, I think the Hero's coaches are pretty well modeling themselves after another successful program and coach out there with a proven track record. I see nothing wrong with emulating Mike McLaughlin - he has produced outstanding talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a coach, you do not yell out loud to a player on the field and tell her she "messed up". You are then making an example out of her to the entire team and people on the sideline. when these players get to the recruitment age, do you really want to yell out that they messed up in front of a sideline of college coaches?
You wait for an opportunity to sub for her and explain to her what she needs to do to correct her mistake. If you constantly yell at players for making mistakes then they will not take risks on the field for fear of being "singled out". Coaching 101.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a coach, you do not yell out loud to a player on the field and tell her she "messed up". You are then making an example out of her to the entire team and people on the sideline. when these players get to the recruitment age, do you really want to yell out that they messed up in front of a sideline of college coaches?
You wait for an opportunity to sub for her and explain to her what she needs to do to correct her mistake. If you constantly yell at players for making mistakes then they will not take risks on the field for fear of being "singled out". Coaching 101.

Just because you are yelling to a player doesn't mean you are yelling at a player. You can yell to let a player know " That's exactly how I want it done " " Double ball now" Some adjustments need to be done on the fly ,remember there are no timeouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because you are yelling to a player doesn't mean you are yelling at a player. You can yell to let a player know " That's exactly how I want it done " " Double ball now" Some adjustments need to be done on the fly ,remember there are no timeouts

Good point. These are 12 year old girls. They don't know the game well enough to just go out there and play. They need to be instructed throughout the game or they will not ever progress and grow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]Good point. These are 12 year old girls. They don't know the game well enough to just go out there and play. They need to be instructed throughout the game or they will not ever progress and grow. [/quote]

Hey, I see what you did there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's how you "instruct" them that makes the difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

heros 2021 defense is better and the goalies be getting better. They's hold mnd to only 7 goals today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

heros 2021 defense is better and the goalies be getting better. They's hold mnd to only 7 goals today.

how many did heros score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how many did heros score?

Not as many as they were instructed to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros up 4-2 at half. Switched goalies and the rest was history.mmwe did not switch and that was the difference. Gonna be good battles for years to come. Great game to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And I had to put ear plugs in because the coach was yelling so much.?.?.?.? LoL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mnd won 7-5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That heros team was the first team to have us down at half. Good to have competition finally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That heros team was the first team to have us down at half. Good to have competition finally.

Was not a sharp day for M&D. Couldn't win a draw all day. Stars was winning over M&D 9-5 with 10 mins left. M&D scored last 5 goals to win 10-9. Scored 10 goals on 10 shots. They will always get everyone's best effort. It will be hard to win every game if they can't win draws.

Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard