BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 97 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse 2019tied a LI Express B team plus the 17s are the old chargers kids my $.02

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse dad, I think you may be a bit blinded by the beautiful landscaping in New Canaan. In my opinion - In 2019, Chargers are a shell of their former self. Eclipse is a good team but not even close to Express North. I wouldn't go pounding your chest about tying LIE B team, beating Laxucheuttes C team and winning 5-4 over a team thrown together for the tournament(Team 11). Eclipse are similiar to Predators at 2019. Some elite players, some good players with great coaching. In 2018 - Prime Time and Express North are superior. In 2017, Eclipse and Predators are best of bunch in CT and Westchester. Good luck to everyone this weekend in PA, MA and MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Eclipse dad, I think you may be a bit blinded by the beautiful landscaping in New Canaan. In my opinion - In 2019, Chargers are a shell of their former self. Eclipse is a good team but not even close to Express North. I wouldn't go pounding your chest about tying LIE B team, beating Laxucheuttes C team and winning 5-4 over a team thrown together for the tournament(Team 11). Eclipse are similiar to Predators at 2019. Some elite players, some good players with great coaching. In 2018 - Prime Time and Express North are superior. In 2017, Eclipse and Predators are best of bunch in CT and Westchester. Good luck to everyone this weekend in PA, MA and MD.

I guess thats why they play the games...we will see who can hang and who cant. Would be surprised if Chargers 2019 are a "shell" given a few of their studs that as far as I know are still there, but I haven't seen them play in a while.

And for the record there was no "chest pounding" about the teams that Eclipse 2019 beat this weekend. Clearly stated before that the competition at 2019 was watered down vs the other grades. Although that didnt stop Deluca from watching the Eclipse/Team11 2019 game pretty much all the way thru.......must have been something he was interested in from either these "not top tier" or "thrown together" teams. Given the choice, I think i'd rather have Harvard watching my kid play in MA, than Maryland or Denver watching somewhere else.

And thank you, the view is beautiful here this time of year smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The key to all these relatively local programs is can they build behind good early success. Will take a while but folks have to be patient as most of these programs do, as others have said, have great coaching / contacts etc..

Eclipse has loaded 17 and 18 teams as New Canaan / Darien great at those ages.

Express North followed the success of the 18s with the 19s now.

Primetime, while not new, does have loaded 18s and up. Can the repeat the success at younger ages?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
primetime doesnt even have a 4th grade team this year - they have killed their reputation in the john jay nhood, all the kids are going to express

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time did in fact select a fourth grade team from their tryouts. As for the reputation in the John Jay community they still have plenty of boys on their rosters from John Jay. Good for Prime Time taking the best players instead of being politically correct in taking inferior playears just because they love in the John Jay community.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT does have a 4th grade team this year. You are not informed. Full roster set. They are just not playing Fall.

Across a variety of ages, PT is also drawing more from other towns including Greenwich, Wilton, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well you can call it politically incorect all you want- but when you have used the john jay fields for free all these years and president of JJYL signs off on it, and then cut john jay kids , especially after they have played for 2-3,4 yaers , i would say that is morally disgusting- what has PT done for jjyl? free tryouts? no, freee clinics? no. just take take take - but lets get back to 2024- PT 2024 had 14 kids at each tryout and a good portion of them left for express north. a few are playing in Greenwich, so if they do have a 4th grade team, i am betting it one that will not be competitive or probably filled with 3rd graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
even more politically incorrect is that the director of PT is now on the youth lacrosse board. fact is , that area is a political nightmare for youth lacrosse and it all stems from the awful reputation of people that do not look out for the boys in the community

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great stuff- my son played on PT 2023 last year - we got destroyed every single game, we even got beat by town teams, talent below 2022 is going somewhere else, not sure where

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great stuff- my son played on PT 2023 last year - we got destroyed every single game, we even got beat by town teams, talent below 2022 is going somewhere else, not sure where
my son played for PT 2023 last year as well. Yes we got destroyed but I can tell you that all of the area teams in that age group did not do well. Prime Time and other local teams played in some talented brackets in some tough tournaments. My point is there are to many teams in a small area and the talent in watered down. Each team will have some serious holes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pulling from Greenwich because of Bulkey. Hiring the Greenwich Coach was very smart. Daniello is always thinking about his brand. Only mistake is he keeps to many inferior JJ kids during youth years. These kids go elsewhere and helping other organizations, ie: North, 3d select, Eclipse and so on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JJ parents don't know how good they have it with Daniello. Without PT JJ lax would be brutal. They are always the bottom of the CONNY league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats because - he needs those jj youth kids to pay the freight and then when he doesnt need them he throws them off the very fields that their parents pay taxes for,. i dont blame daniello , i blame past(EL) and the present president (FM) of jjyl. FM was begging kids to play PT this year , suggesting that Daniello really cared about the jj kids. what a crock. its all about the money- lets just be honest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats a pretty stupid comment? what has daniello done for jjyl? u just said they are always at the bottom of the conny league? if he is so great, then why isnt jjyl better than the bottom? what has Primetime done for JJYL? absolutely nothing except charge high prices for useless programs while getting the facilities for free .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line if JJ kids are good then they won't get thrown off the team. PT is a travel program that boys have to tryout for, it is not a JJ town team that everyone makes and play. It is not fair to the boys who are better then the rest and don't get a spot on the team just because they are not from JJ. Parents should always remind themselves that competitive lacroose involves cuts to a roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i completely agree with that above comment- its a travel team and the goal of that team is to win with the best players - what i am saying is that , PT should pay back the youth organization with free clinics, through out the year for the use of the free fields. Daniello should be working closely with the youth programs in order to help out the overall talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prime Time came in 3rd in Ma and you're calling them superior. You are giving the teams that beat them to much credit. LB3 where are they from? and Outlaws are they strictly LI kids? or does Select mean they are pulling from all over the eastern seaboard like the rest do? Chargers a shell? I am sure they will have some players back every once in a while. For now lets just Say EN, then leave some room for everyone else; Eclipse, Predators (since they dint lose this weekend) then Prime-Time.

Predators 2017 didn't they have some talented 2018 on it? Are they a Jersey Rockland group? 2017 eclipse do they have "older" players?

A good question might be when will Westchester have an elite tournament or showcase, then and only then will you show the rest of the areas you have multiple elite teams and can be a hot bed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prime Time came in 3rd in Ma and you're calling them superior. You are giving the teams that beat them to much credit. LB3 where are they from? and Outlaws are they strictly LI kids? or does Select mean they are pulling from all over the eastern seaboard like the rest do? Chargers a shell? I am sure they will have some players back every once in a while. For now lets just Say EN, then leave some room for everyone else; Eclipse, Predators (since they dint lose this weekend) then Prime-Time.

Predators 2017 didn't they have some talented 2018 on it? Are they a Jersey Rockland group? 2017 eclipse do they have "older" players?

A good question might be when will Westchester have an elite tournament or showcase, then and only then will you show the rest of the areas you have multiple elite teams and can be a hot bed.

for the record not saying you're not a hot bed just hate the turnpike. Wouldn't mind a trip to Westchester instead

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predators draws primarily from (lower) Westchester. Don't know of anyone from outside, but could be mistaken. Their 2017 team were all 2017s last year and same this year. Predators 2017-19 will be playing in their first tournament at Harvard this weekend. The schedule is posted. There are only a few games with local or LI teams. 2018 plays 3d Tristate and 2017 plays LI Sting and 3d Tristate. Would agree that Preds 2017 is top team along with 2017 Eclipse in WC/CT area. Preds 2017 won NXT Philly Summmer invitational and Adrenaline Summer invitational last year. Know many of the kids on Eclipse 2017. They are stacked! Preds 2018/19 teams have some elite players, but teams are probably not best in area. Will know more this weekend. Would love to see them play other local teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i completely agree with that above comment- its a travel team and the goal of that team is to win with the best players - what i am saying is that , PT should pay back the youth organization with free clinics, through out the year for the use of the free fields. Daniello should be working closely with the youth programs in order to help out the overall talent.

and why should PT pay the youth organization. Isnt it school field not youth fields, I could be wrong. Maybe the school district shuld see the $$ but definitely not the youth organization.

what you are imply goes down the worst of roads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First. Off. Jjyl was signing an affidavit every year implying that pt was an extension of the youth program in order to gain access to fields that would not be normally be available to a "for profit " organization. And in term
S of payment. Well it doesn't have to be in the form of money. It could be instruction, clinics, maybe drop tryout fee for residents. Etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First. Off. Jjyl was signing an affidavit every year implying that pt was an extension of the youth program in order to gain access to fields that would not be normally be available to a "for profit " organization. And in term
S of payment. Well it doesn't have to be in the form of money. It could be instruction, clinics, maybe drop tryout fee for residents. Etc.

And again your wrong. The field use is for July not for a profit to use as an extension. The $$ or any good will goes to school district pretty cut and dry in NYS. Looks like the more you push the more JJKL school district can even revolk the youth organization from using school field.

Now insurance is a separate issue. I am sure Prime Time has their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daniello personally coached the 2020 team in JJYL last season and helped make a weak team much better. He also gets other coaches to help out. What more do you want, his blood. You JJ parents are nuts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And again your wrong. The field use is for July not for a profit to use as an extension. The $$ or any good will goes to school district pretty cut and dry in NYS. Looks like the more you push the more JJKL school district can even revolk the youth organization from using school field.

Now insurance is a separate issue. I am sure Prime Time has their own.

JJKL not July

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it really matter where it goes. Bottom line is pt wasn't paying for the fields at all. They were getting them for free.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does tri state 91 have any committed kids yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it really matter where it goes. Bottom line is pt wasn't paying for the fields at all. They were getting them for free.

I think you are mistaken, The issue as I see it isn't they got the field for free the issue is JJYL cant broker the fields as they wish then expect something in return. Quid pro quo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree - jjyl should be in trouble as well - well that is why PT is no longer using school fields - point really was that PT was taking advantage of teh system and jjyl was helping them, they are both wrong - only difference is that PT is making money and technically JJYL is non profit, or so they say

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best part is that daniello was giving 2k a year to the jj booster club to keep everyone quiet and when people started complaining, he stopped giving the money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not like JJYL or any JJ school teams got thrown off school fields so PT could use them. It is coming off like sour grapes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not like JJYL or any JJ school teams got thrown off school fields so PT could use them. It is coming off like sour grapes.

exactly, pay a nominal fee for the use of the fields. do not be forced to take a certain amount of JJ kids, but offer clinics and camps and before you know it it will be a power house again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

exactly, pay a nominal fee for the use of the fields. do not be forced to take a certain amount of JJ kids, but offer clinics and camps and before you know it it will be a power house again.

This. Most municipal entities will give priority to local non-profit sports leagues that show that their participants are all, or nearly all, residents of the community. These organizations will get free use of the field. With whatever field use is left over, they will charge surprisingly low fees for organizations with outside membership.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yikes, talk about beating a dead horse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good test for express 2024 tomorrow. outlaws and igloo down at princeton.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 6. Express north 3. Express north was missing some real firepower today I am told. Not too bad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 6. Express north 3. Express north was missing some real firepower today I am told. Not too bad

And then got mauled by outlaws 11-2. Not a great day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And then got mauled by outlaws 11-2. Not a great day

4th grade? Sure, better panic about their quality of play. Nut jobs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see any westchester 4th grade team coming close. Express north was missing 2/3 of their starting attack And a few more players. Starting goalie left after the 3rd game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's the angry PT guy very consistent.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 97 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard