BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,292
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Sky Walkers Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is new to the Sky Walkers program and I love what I see. My daughter plays very hard and is highly motivated on the field. I did not see that with another club team that she played for last year. It's about finding the right fit for your daughter. Every program has features and attributes that cater to different people. Don't make any decisions based on what you hear and see on discussion boards. Take the time to go out to tournaments and watch the interaction of the players within themselves and the coaches before, during, and after games. Take your daughter with you during these visits. Then you and your daughter can make an educated guess on what is the right fit.
Mike just has a loud coaching style but I always feel that he has my daughter's best interest in mind. I think he truly cares for my daughter's success both as a person and an athlete. If I thought he spoke to my daughter with any malice, I would never allow her on the team. Remember that the Sky Walkers program is preparing your daughter for college lacrosse which have far more intense coaching style than I see from Mike. Too many girls have quit college lacrosse because they were not prepared for the intensity of the game at the collegiate level.
Good luck and let the girls have FUN!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is it only Sky Walkers being discussed in the Maryland forum? There are lots of other girls clubs in Maryland and all of them have their faults and/or warts. club lacrosse is not all unicorns and rainbows. I'm not a Sky Walkers supporter but I just refuse to believe that it is all unicorns and rainbows in other clubs...

I don't believe that it is all unicorns and rainbows at other clubs. My daughter plays for another highly successful clubs and of course there are always issues everywhere.

I think people discuss Skywalkers because their talent level and results have really dropped off at all ages below 2018. None of these teams have won a real tournament in the past couple years. 2019 was successful when they were younger, but they are a middle of the pack team at this point.

So the question is, what happened? I think the consensus is that people have seen that there are other options out there besides subjecting your daughter to Mike and Molly. While I agree with the poster that said the girls will be coached this way if not worse in college, when you are deciding where to put your 4th and 5th grader, most don't deem those methods necessary at that age. Therefore, parent are putting their girls elsewhere and Skywalkers is not getting most of the talent in the younger ages. Will some of the girls move as they approach high school? I guess we will see in the next couple years in terms of how the 2019s-2021s do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it only Sky Walkers being discussed in the Maryland forum? There are lots of other girls clubs in Maryland and all of them have their faults and/or warts. club lacrosse is not all unicorns and rainbows. I'm not a Sky Walkers supporter but I just refuse to believe that it is all unicorns and rainbows in other clubs...

I don't believe that it is all unicorns and rainbows at other clubs. My daughter plays for another highly successful clubs and of course there are always issues everywhere.

I think people discuss Skywalkers because their talent level and results have really dropped off at all ages below 2018. None of these teams have won a real tournament in the past couple years. 2019 was successful when they were younger, but they are a middle of the pack team at this point.

So the question is, what happened? I think the consensus is that people have seen that there are other options out there besides subjecting your daughter to Mike and Molly. While I agree with the poster that said the girls will be coached this way if not worse in college, when you are deciding where to put your 4th and 5th grader, most don't deem those methods necessary at that age. Therefore, parent are putting their girls elsewhere and Skywalkers is not getting most of the talent in the younger ages. Will some of the girls move as they approach high school? I guess we will see in the next couple years in terms of how the 2019s-2021s do.

2019 & 2020 teams probably won't win a game at the Chesapeake tournament next weekend - that's all you need to know about the direction the club is going in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 & 2020 teams probably won't win a game at the Chesapeake tournament next weekend - that's all you need to know about the direction the club is going in

LOL - Look at the schedule - Skywalkers will win quite a few. Go look up who is listed as the director.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL - Look at the schedule - Skywalkers will win quite a few. Go look up who is listed as the director.

Ok so the 2019's don't have that difficult a schedule, 2020 and 2021 won't win more than one game

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok so the 2019's don't have that difficult a schedule, 2020 and 2021 won't win more than one game

Agreed. I would be surprised if Skywalkers 2020 or 2021 win even win 1 game next weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. I would be surprised if Skywalkers 2020 or 2021 win even win 1 game next weekend.

I will be very impressed if Skywalkers 2021 wins a game next weekend at the Chesapeake. They are not playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you looked at the 2021 schedule? Skywalkers plays Heros and M&D Saturday. Stars and Integrity Sunday. If you are on the team you should probably know this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see 2019 game against Capital?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you looked at the 2021 schedule? Skywalkers plays Heros and M&D Saturday. Stars and Integrity Sunday. If you are on the team you should probably know this.

Oh, I stand corrected. I got that schedule mixed up with the Prime Time schedule. And now that I've seen the Skywalker 2021 schedule I will retract my comment and say that I will be extremely impressed if they win more than one game this coming weekend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see 2019 game against Capital?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw looks like a totally different team this fall. What happened?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you mean? Skywalkers 2019 Blue has not been a top team in over a year. I don't believe girls have left. Is it a coaching issue or did the girls not develop as quickly as some of the other teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you mean? Skywalkers 2019 Blue has not been a top team in over a year. I don't believe girls have left. Is it a coaching issue or did the girls not develop as quickly as some of the other teams?

There were IAAM field hockey and soccer championship games this past weekend. Please step away from the ledge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were IAAM field hockey and soccer championship games this past weekend. Please step away from the ledge.

What ledge? I would never allow my daughter to play for Mike and Molly.

Are you saying that 2019 Blue has not struggle for over a year? I certainly wasn't referring to just this weekend. And I suppose that Skywalkers was the only team with girls in the field hockey and soccer playoffs this weekend? Didn't seem to be an issue for M&D or Heros.

Please enlighten us on when Skywalkers has won anything in the last year. Their on field performance as steadily diminished for the last couple years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2021 Skywalker team has 75% new girls. Let's revisit this team in 3 years. There is a lot of talent but will need time to gel. The results of this weekend against teams with more established players will not be indicative of future performance. Also, keep in mind that many girls on all lacrosse teams are playing multiple soccer games as well on Saturday. The spring league will be a better indicator when teams are playing at full strength.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2021 Skywalker team has 75% new girls. Let's revisit this team in 3 years. There is a lot of talent but will need time to gel. The results of this weekend against teams with more established players will not be indicative of future performance. Also, keep in mind that many girls on all lacrosse teams are playing multiple soccer games as well on Saturday. The spring league will be a better indicator when teams are playing at full strength.

Why would you assume that the same group will be there in three years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of the new girls were cast aside by TLC or remnants of the defunct Redshirts team. Not sure those girls will make much of a difference. The team will be a bit better due to the girls that were playing up now playing for their proper team(Other than the one that moved to M&D).

Again with the soccer excuse? Like Skywalkers is the only team that has girls that play soccer in the fall.

I hope you are right though. Will be awfully boring in MD if M&D and Heros just beat up on everybody.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of the new girls were cast aside by TLC or remnants of the defunct Redshirts team. Not sure those girls will make much of a difference. The team will be a bit better due to the girls that were playing up now playing for their proper team(Other than the one that moved to M&D).

Again with the soccer excuse? Like Skywalkers is the only team that has girls that play soccer in the fall.

I hope you are right though. Will be awfully boring in MD if M&D and Heros just beat up on everybody.

Spring will be boring for M&D as they will beat up on everyone, including Heros.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 2018 lost 2 last week to TLC and Coppermine...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers 2020 and 2021 combined 0-4 today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's embarrassing to run a tournament and not even win a game in multiple age groups, skywalkers need to stay out of the deep end of the pool - they can no longer compete at that level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spring will be boring for M&D as they will beat up on everyone, including Heros.

Just like at Fall Uprising? Yup, you can say that again - it was boring and expected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers 2021 were 2-2 at Fall Uprising and 1-3 at Chesapeake Invitational including a one goal loss to Heros. Not winless as predicted. Please be accurate if you are critizing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did SW 2019 Blue do this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers 2021 were 2-2 at Fall Uprising and 1-3 at Chesapeake Invitational including a one goal loss to Heros. Not winless as predicted. Please be accurate if you are critizing.

Come on now. At Fall Uprising they went 2-2 in one of the B divisions. They beat M&D Red and LBC(?).

Heros was missing 6 of their top players in the game Saturday. Good job beating Integrity. Is that the standard for Skywalkers these days?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on now. At Fall Uprising they went 2-2 in one of the B divisions. They beat M&D Red and LBC(?).

Heros was missing 6 of their top players in the game Saturday. Good job beating Integrity. Is that the standard for Skywalkers these days?

6 of their top players? Are you one of the Heros coaches? You are that familiar with their roster and their players? Isn't that Heros team a fairly new team with a lot of turnover since last summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6 of their top players? Are you one of the Heros coaches? You are that familiar with their roster and their players? Isn't that Heros team a fairly new team with a lot of turnover since last summer?

I am no way affiliated with Heros. My daughter is however on a soccer team with the 6 Heros girls. They had a soccer game that morning at 10:30 at NDP and did not arrive to Maryvale in time for the 11:30 Skywalkers game.

Any other questions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not know much about Girls Lacrosse clubs but what is going on with the Harford county Elite Lacrosse Club? Any good? I was the 2023 team and 2022 team won a two fall tournaments. Just asking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am no way affiliated with Heros. My daughter is however on a soccer team with the 6 Heros girls. They had a soccer game that morning at 10:30 at NDP and did not arrive to Maryvale in time for the 11:30 Skywalkers game.

Any other questions?

Okay - you are on the soccer team with them and are able to judge from soccer that they are the top 6 players from heros. I get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any other questions?

Okay - you are on the soccer team with them and are able to judge from soccer that they are the top 6 players from heros. I get it.

Okay. Obviously I know who they are. My daughter also plays lacrosse against them. I did not say that they are THE top 6, I said they are 6 OF THEIR TOP PLAYERS.

If you have some proof that I am wrong in anyway, please feel free to make a reasonable comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Skywalker parent is making me think everyone involved with Skywalkers is as crazy as Head Coach Mike. Maybe he didn't give their daughter a hug after screaming at her this past weekend?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Skywalker parent is making me think everyone involved with Skywalkers is as crazy as Head Coach Mike. Maybe he didn't give their daughter a hug after screaming at her this past weekend?????

Don't know if the SW parent is crazy, but they may be trying to justify the position they put their daughter in.

Every girl gets a hug from the ole lax coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with 2019 blue? They just don't look the same as they did last summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with 2019 blue? They just don't look the same as they did last summer.

I'm sorry....Did they win something last summer? It's been a while since SW 2019 Blue was relevant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sorry....Did they win something last summer? It's been a while since SW 2019 Blue was relevant

They at least looked competitive last summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They still had a lot of coaches watching them this weekend. They seem to be relevant to some people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They still had a lot of coaches watching them this weekend. They seem to be relevant to some people.

I'm sure there were coaches watching. They played M&D, Hero's and Integrity. Was anyone there watching their lone win over BBL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure there were coaches watching. They played M&D, Hero's and Integrity. Was anyone there watching their lone win over BBL?

I'm pretty sure that there were 1 or 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm pretty sure that there were 1 or 2.

The goalie is already committed. Not sure who else they would be looking at.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard