BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Is your club interested in owning its own lacrosse complex?
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I want to let the lacrosse community know that the Sachem Youth Soccer League has lost its lease on the Sachem School District fields at the south service road off of the L.I.E. last evening, effective 06.01.2016.

Bids are being accepted for a new lessee and I think that it should also be open to the lacrosse community. I attended the BoE meeting last night and the SYSL lease was terminated.

If you are interested in having 15 outdoor fields contact me and I will let you know how to enter a bid.

cjowins@optonline.net

If you would like to read what is happening, follow this thread on Back of THE NET!!

http://www.backofthenet.com/62rd/ubbthreads.php/topics/624812/25

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Is your club interested in owning its own lacrosse complex?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With SYAG about to lose the fields at Seneca (we all know Seneca is the Middle School being shut down) I think it's a no brainer for them to make a bid for the Waverly fields and move not only LAX but also their Football and possibly their baseball programs there. And then make a deal with KK to get indoor space for SYAG in the winter at KK in return for KK being able to use an outdoor field or two at Waverly in the spring and fall. A win-win for everyone. Let SYSL move to some of the elementary/middle school fields like most of the soccer programs do.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I know that the first bid that was rescinded was for an outrageous amount of money BUT they wanted it signed and delivered last night. The BoE had some "very" emotional people on it that didn't feel kindly toward the "gun being held to their head".

They are open to ALL bids and I do believe that the whole point is to raise more money for the district. Not sure that SYAG will be considered as they will want it for as small amount as the SYSL.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
I know that the first bid that was rescinded was for an outrageous amount of money BUT they wanted it signed and delivered last night. The BoE had some "very" emotional people on it that didn't feel kindly toward the "gun being held to their head".

They are open to ALL bids and I do believe that the whole point is to raise more money for the district. Not sure that SYAG will be considered as they will want it for as small amount as the SYSL.

While your information is correct, you are either unaware of the full story or you are withholding it.

Here is what you left out....

The deal was done...the renter had negotiated and signed a lease at the office of the school attorney. The district was to countersign the lease at the closed door executive meeting. The board then pulled a 180 turnaround. It was then that they were told a take it or leave it. The Sachem BoE turned down 2.2 million dollars. How is that for a gun at your head? I dont blame the people that held a gun to the district's head...and pulled a 2.2 million dollar trigger. Do you really think they did a smart thing?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

While your information is correct, you are either unaware of the full story or you are withholding it.

Here is what you left out....

The deal was done...the renter had negotiated and signed a lease at the office of the school attorney. The district was to countersign the lease at the closed door executive meeting. The board then pulled a 180 turnaround. It was then that they were told a take it or leave it. The Sachem BoE turned down 2.2 million dollars. How is that for a gun at your head? I dont blame the people that held a gun to the district's head...and pulled a 2.2 million dollar trigger. Do you really think they did a smart thing?

I withheld it..lol Giving more information to the clubs that have contacted me.

They did not act smart. The 4 board members that voted no did so as they got really emotional and then stupid. The offer was the best one that they would have ever received. The have an obligation to do what is best for the district and they threw it away.

The good news is that now those fields are for rent and they are accepting bids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone seems to be getting by WITHOUT having to pay crazy field fees. This school board is going to be kicking themselves for a while that they didn't take the 2.2m

There are some lax programs that could use these fields and would have the money but that would mean dipping those short arms into their pockets which they don't like to do!

Lax would rip these fields up way more than soccer so the up keep would be greater

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bureaucrats play with other peoples money. They will not get another offer that high.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bureaucrats play with other peoples money. They will not get another offer that high.

What's the basis behind this statement?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SUSA put in an over the top offer to convince the BoE to break the lease with SYSL. Now that the lease with SYSL is terminated there is no incentive for anyone else to bid so much to get the fields. They only have to outbid the other suitors and none of the other organizations interested have the capability of paying anything close to what SUSA had offered.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

SUSA put in an over the top offer to convince the BoE to break the lease with SYSL. Now that the lease with SYSL is terminated there is no incentive for anyone else to bid so much to get the fields. They only have to outbid the other suitors and none of the other organizations interested have the capability of paying anything close to what SUSA had offered.

You might be surprised.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You might be surprised.

we all know what the isa/kk dues are. There isn't enough meat on that bone for a big offer unless they really jack the prices or start running tournaments there every weekend. Lacrosse on the other hand is printing money so my bet is if there is another big offer its from a lacrosse club with eyes on training and tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You might be surprised.

I have no doubt that the number of people will be bidding for the fields. The point is that now that the hard work is done in getting the BoE to terminate SYSL's lease, the new highest bidder will get the fields whether that bid is higher or lower than what SUSA offered.

So if SYSL offers 25k a year, ISA 35k a year and a LAX group 45k a year, the 45k a year gets the fields. It doesn't matter that the SUSA offer was five times that because that offer is no longer on the table. That's why I think someone like SYAG has a shot at taking over the fields.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, you're assuming that nobody else is interested. You don't know that.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The District office has given me the Attorney's telephone number for bidding.

Her name is Mary Anne Sidowsky and the number to call is 631 261 8834

If you do not get a timely response let me know and I will give you some of the board members home telephone numbers.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

There is interest. I have been in communication with quite a few.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

You might be surprised.

I have no doubt that the number of people will be bidding for the fields. The point is that now that the hard work is done in getting the BoE to terminate SYSL's lease, the new highest bidder will get the fields whether that bid is higher or lower than what SUSA offered.

So if SYSL offers 25k a year, ISA 35k a year and a LAX group 45k a year, the 45k a year gets the fields. It doesn't matter that the SUSA offer was five times that because that offer is no longer on the table. That's why I think someone like SYAG has a shot at taking over the fields.

Here is why I think you are wrong. It is my belief that since there are relationships between certain board members and the soccer club that should the soccer club bring someone in they will win the bid. Am I saying this bid rigged? That's what I believe based on what I have seen, the conversations I have had with a board member, and knowing what went down behind closed doors last night. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. How does any "business" that needs money give any organization a basically free rent contract ($100 year one) and then $400 a month, as I was told and turn down the only offer offering money?

Did you know that the district's attorney had drawn up a lease and that SUSA signed the lease in the lawyer's office? Politics is alive and well. For my part, I hope a Lax organization gets the bid, I truly do. Go get 'em...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, it's not a matter of other people being interested. It's a matter of what size bid will it take to get the fields. And I'm betting that now SYSL has been booted that it won't take anywhere near $220k a year to be the top bidder. I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong. But what SUSA offered was big for what is a local sports organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what ever happened?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
So what ever happened?

The BoE of Sachem is taking bids as we speak. I believe the cut off date is coming up soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what ever happened?

The BoE of Sachem is taking bids as we speak. I believe the cut off date is coming up soon.

I'm interested to see what happens, please keep us posted. it would be appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
So what ever happened?

I'm interested to see what happens, please keep us posted. it would be appreciated.

I will, as soon as I know you will know.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard