BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 42 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gap might not be as big as you suggest ... time will tell.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it really is amazing ...folks know so much about other programs quality...my daughter is a 2020 and I couldn't tell you what the quality of other programs is, with exception of one other group who she played for once..when we go to tournaments, I could care in the least to watch another programs game--is that just me?...but some folks have so much inside knowledge of other LI programs it astounds me..if they are truly that concerned or get to see all those teams play, then they should get a new hobby or stop being such a yenta..again, we get it..YJ is the Big Cheese, but please don't say that girls playing for other LI programs couldn't play on top YJ team--that is just silly..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Realize it is 1 or 2 morons posting and answering their own post. They are irrelevant unless we respond. Let him keep posting and answering his own sewage. Majority of people are like you and have a life outside. Websites like this are made for angry, lonely, miserable people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
it really is amazing ...folks know so much about other programs quality...my daughter is a 2020 and I couldn't tell you what the quality of other programs is, with exception of one other group who she played for once..when we go to tournaments, I could care in the least to watch another programs game--is that just me?...but some folks have so much inside knowledge of other LI programs it astounds me..if they are truly that concerned or get to see all those teams play, then they should get a new hobby or stop being such a yenta..again, we get it..YJ is the Big Cheese, but please don't say that girls playing for other LI programs couldn't play on top YJ team--that is just silly..

It is silly and YJ parents just live through their daughters. Bunch of parents who did nothing themselves as athletes now going crazy on their own kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me an honest opinion about getting 1:1 lessons? Obviously it will help the athlete, but how much more than an athlete just spending the hour playing wall ball or shooting at targets?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me an honest opinion about getting 1:1 lessons? Obviously it will help the athlete, but how much more than an athlete just spending the hour playing wall ball or shooting at targets?

If your daughter is truly "an athlete" then she will be fine and as you said yourself - wall ball will get her there. Coaches recruit athletes - bottom line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your daughter is truly "an athlete" then she will be fine and as you said yourself - wall ball will get her there. Coaches recruit athletes - bottom line.

Watch a 1 v 1 session and you will leave shaking your head. Do yourself a favor and watch a few you tube wall ball videos and send her outside. Paying $50-$100 per hour to have someone watch her throw a ball against a wall is insane. Problem is most kids won't do it by themselves so mom and dad have to pay for what should be free. There is another group that choose to pay to gain access and favor with coaches but that's a different story...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The thing is will she do wall ball? Whereas a scheduled training session that is paid for will definitely happen. I agree with what you say, wall ball can get you there but then it's up to the athlete to make it happen (as it should be). The best athletes I've seen do the work on their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is silly and YJ parents just live through their daughters. Bunch of parents who did nothing themselves as athletes now going crazy on their own kids

Hate to break this to you but this is not limited to just YJ parents!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just make sure if your daughter is on the wall she does not develop bad throwing habits and bad technique. That is where a good 1x1 trainor will help. Find one that played the same position that your daughter plays. If she plays defense them get a trainor who played defense and visa versa. They will work on footwork, dodging, slides Etc. And you can find a good one for less than $50 or $75 per hour. Call the athletic department and SBU, Hofstra or Post and ask for one of the players if they are interested in 1X1 training. You will have a bunch of yes! For about $30-$40 per hour.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ. 8-5 over Legacy
YJ 3-2 over TG
YJ lose 2 games to Heros in the first winning season.
Dominant???
Some "really great" teams go on undefeated for years and don't talk as much trash as you?
You're a clown!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you want but they do have the best team in the country and it just kills you guys. Many of you have watched your friends take their kids and leave your club and know that if your kid could make the YJ top team you would do the same . Because you can't you do the next best thing and come on here with your ridiculous "the bottom half of the team never sees the field" or the " they are not that good they only beat our team by a couple goals" or my personal favorite " there is only one ball". The thing about this YJ team that I don't like is because they have now taken all the better LI players they are the only team left that can compete with the top Maryland teams , in the end I always hope the LI teams beat the Maryland clubs .

Interesting perspective. LI has YJ, while Maryland has multiple club teams in that strata - what's going on with the other LI club teams?

Top 20 D1 programs seem to have very few LI girls on the roster and have tons of MD players, why do you suppose that is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the advice on privates from many of you on here!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you want but they do have the best team in the country and it just kills you guys. Many of you have watched your friends take their kids and leave your club and know that if your kid could make the YJ top team you would do the same . Because you can't you do the next best thing and come on here with your ridiculous "the bottom half of the team never sees the field" or the " they are not that good they only beat our team by a couple goals" or my personal favorite " there is only one ball". The thing about this YJ team that I don't like is because they have now taken all the better LI players they are the only team left that can compete with the top Maryland teams , in the end I always hope the LI teams beat the Maryland clubs .

Interesting perspective. LI has YJ, while Maryland has multiple club teams in that strata - what's going on with the other LI club teams?

Top 20 D1 programs seem to have very few LI girls on the roster and have tons of MD players, why do you suppose that is?

What the heck are you smoking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What the heck are you smoking?

Really ? 5 out of 12 Maryland starters were from NY & NJ that's almost half. Nice try

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i did not know LI stretched into NJ are you also going to claim va nc, fla as well... there close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly University of Maryland is a poor example of where the best players go because U of M is a State school. For various reasons not the least of which is economic. A state school is going to pull most of its recruits from in state. There is a huge difference in enrollment costs in state and out of state. A better test would be picking a quality private college program and looking at the rosters. Costs are the same for all players. I just looked at ND for a quick test. 7 from MD 7 from LI. honestly the most important thing is if they are all team players, have skill and can be coached. Those kids come from everywhere and generally don't have over bearing parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020s have got to be the craziest age group of lacrosse parents … you have 39 pages on this website… and that is only since it went age/graduation year specific. I suspect its just a few crazy parents who think that by writing more on this blog people will believe what you write… in reality its more entertaining than enlightening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020s have got to be the craziest age group of lacrosse parents … you have 39 pages on this website… and that is only since it went age/graduation year specific. I suspect its just a few crazy parents who think that by writing more on this blog people will believe what you write… in reality its more entertaining than enlightening.

What I get a kick about is how the parents are discussing college roster constitution and geographic variances. Well, I also want some more variety on that roster. Can we make sure that we have a good mixture of Catholics and Protestants. In fact a good representation of all religions would be nice. I wonder if it's also possible to figure out if there are a lot of on-line posting parents drawing towards certain programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 1st time parents should be doing is closely looking at these rosters and the majors the girls are taking. After being through the process, unless you are the top of the very top, coaches will gently guide most girls into acceptable or preferred majors. You wont find many studying for engineering or medical related degrees. Lots of communications and general degrees. Coaches want you academically eligible and with no other pulls on your time. If you are SS you can take whatever you want everyone else needs to understand lacrosse will be your fulltime job

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i did not know LI stretched into NJ are you also going to claim va nc, fla as well... there close

Upstate NY and NJ aside, for all the bragging about the LI lax hot bed for girls, I'm not seeing it. Where are all the "studs" from the past 3-4 years playing? Fairfield? Probably less than 50-60 in top 20 programs (and many of them are freshman) out of the 200-300 top players from 2012-2015 clsses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Upstate NY and NJ aside, for all the bragging about the LI lax hot bed for girls, I'm not seeing it. Where are all the "studs" from the past 3-4 years playing? Fairfield? Probably less than 50-60 in top 20 programs (and many of them are freshman) out of the 200-300 top players from 2012-2015 clsses.

There has been some great analysis done on BOTC on who plays in college, who gets minutes and who fades away after committing.

Last years top 15 schools were- Maryland, UNC, Syracuse, Duke, Stoney Brook, Princeton, Penn State, Virginia, Northwestern, BC, Loyola, JMU, Florida, Stamford, Mass

Yellow Jackets 2015 sent 8 of 55 girls to one of the top 15 programs excluding Stony Brook. Top Guns sent 8 of 37. For the vast majority travel lax helps you continue playing in college at schools with mid to low ranked lax programs which is great!!!!! For you new 2020's don't believe all the hype. Take your time. Pick a school your daughter actually wants to be at even if she doesn't play or gets injured or pick a school that will let her play a lot (low D1, D2 or heaven forbid D3). You should know by now if your daughter was blessed with god given talent at birth. The mortgage payments we all make to these club programs does not guarantee top college placement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could you please show an example of someone claiming to be the "Lax Hot Bed". I do recall seeing someone claiming to be the "Best Team". A little history lesson while winning multiple National Championships in a row Northwestern was loaded with LI players. UNC,Cuse,Maryland,Florida all seem to have a fair amount as well. Stony Brook alone puts 20 players from LI in a top 20 program. Never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My bad, 4 out of 12 starters were from LI does that work for you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There has been some great analysis done on BOTC on who plays in college, who gets minutes and who fades away after committing.

Last years top 15 schools were- Maryland, UNC, Syracuse, Duke, Stoney Brook, Princeton, Penn State, Virginia, Northwestern, BC, Loyola, JMU, Florida, Stamford, Mass

Yellow Jackets 2015 sent 8 of 55 girls to one of the top 15 programs excluding Stony Brook. Top Guns sent 8 of 37. For the vast majority travel lax helps you continue playing in college at schools with mid to low ranked lax programs which is great!!!!! For you new 2020's don't believe all the hype. Take your time. Pick a school your daughter actually wants to be at even if she doesn't play or gets injured or pick a school that will let her play a lot (low D1, D2 or heaven forbid D3). You should know by now if your daughter was blessed with god given talent at birth. The mortgage payments we all make to these club programs does not guarantee top college placement

Didn't the # 2 recruit (Florida) and national team member play for Liberty. You might want to include them in your calculations as they consistently send players to the Ivie's and other top programs. ( she might just be the top player in this class. I think she is )

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you exclude Stony Brook? They are a top 15 program and are loaded with Yellow Jackets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you exclude Stony Brook? They are a top 15 program and are loaded with Yellow Jackets.

Spalina is a YJ coach. His top YJ's are awesome but there are many YJ roster fillers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Integrity crush TG Black and Skywalkers Blue today. Gotta say, they are legit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Integrity crush TG Black and Skywalkers Blue today. Gotta say, they are legit.

How about some scores?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-6 over TG Black (not that close) and 12-4 over Skywalkers Blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-6 over TG Black (not that close) and 12-4 over Skywalkers Blue.

Skywalkers 2020 is not very good. And Stars isn't much better. Let's not get carried away. Integrity plays M&D and Heros tomorrow. Win one of them and then come back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns is/has under going a major talent drain at 2020 and other ages as well. You will see SS disassociate herself from this team very soon. I wouldn't use them as a gauge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]10-6 over TG Black (not that close) and 12-4 over Skywalkers Blue.

Skywalkers 2020 is not very good. And Stars isn't much better. Let's not get carried away. Integrity plays M&D and Heros tomorrow. Win one of them and then come back [/quote

I happily will come back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]10-6 over TG Black (not that close) and 12-4 over Skywalkers Blue.

Skywalkers 2020 is not very good. And Stars isn't much better. Let's not get carried away. Integrity plays M&D and Heros tomorrow. Win one of them and then come back [/quote

I guess it didn't go so well today ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm here! Integrity lost to M&D 12-7. Too many turnovers against a good team. Tied Hero's 6-6. Two evenly matched teams. I would say that Integrity belongs on the field with the best. The scores reflect that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would nice if the tourney organizers at Primetime Tourney, who used Tourney machine for scheduling actually populated the scores as well.... lazy....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm here! Integrity lost to M&D 12-7. Too many turnovers against a good team. Tied Hero's 6-6. Two evenly matched teams. I would say that Integrity belongs on the field with the best. The scores reflect that.

Funny you beat TG by 4 and you crushed them ,you loose to MD and you belong on the field w the best .Off season tournament , can't take too much from it especially in a showcase. Who else did TG play and how did it go .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate it when people use the "off season tournament, can't take too much away from it" crap. It's a cop-out. Just because your daughter's team didn't win by as much as YOU wanted, don't make excuses. I have connection with the Integrity 20's. I was just commenting anout them and I enjoyed watching them play. They play hard, smart and fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate it when people use the "off season tournament, can't take too much away from it" crap. It's a cop-out. Just because your daughter's team didn't win by as much as YOU wanted, don't make excuses. I have connection with the Integrity 20's. I was just commenting anout them and I enjoyed watching them play. They play hard, smart and fast.

What makes you look clueless is that at many offseason tournaments you are not playing their actual top team , usually it's a group of mixed kids and they play equal time so don't take much from it. Usually the parent from the b level clubs pound their chest about ties and off season performance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What makes you look clueless is that at many offseason tournaments you are not playing their actual top team , usually it's a group of mixed kids and they play equal time so don't take much from it. Usually the parent from the b level clubs pound their chest about ties and off season performance

cant have it both ways

Page 15 of 42 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard