BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
Re: High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC should offer up prizes for any of these dads that can name all of their kids teachers and not just their lacrosse coach.

Do well in school. Lacrosse is just a game. If playing professionally at $10,000 a year plus some summer coaching and maybe a varsity gig at $6,000 is what you want for your kids then keep up the fight LOL

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is Sayville BOE has never supported the lacrosse program nor has the administration and some how under Coach D the program has flourished. I see the guy at every LI lax event. He spends countless hours on the Sayville program. His peers coaching in Suffolk respect the heck out of him and what the program has accomplished. Please, somehow figure this out. We want X,Y and Z from you....is that too hard to figure out? Let the community vote on the issue. Put 5 different coaches and Coach D on a ballot. Let's see who the community chooses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BOTC should offer up prizes for any of these dads that can name all of their kids teachers and not just their lacrosse coach.

Do well in school. Lacrosse is just a game. If playing professionally at $10,000 a year plus some summer coaching and maybe a varsity gig at $6,000 is what you want for your kids then keep up the fight LOL

You obviously have no idea what your talking about and have zero interactions with actual good coaches. It's not about lacrosse jobs, college or $. It's about who I want my son with for 100's of hours a year. I want my son to be confident, comfortable, hard working, goal oriented. I want my son to have great life long experiences with the friends he has grown up with. Sayville is a special place. The lacrosse program has been a special program in our town. The reason we fight and are upset about this is because we know what we have, we know it's a proven formula, I know many kids that have graduated from Sayville and played for Coach D, they would run through walls for the guy and he probably the same. Mention Sayville lacrosse to any team in their league, nothing but respect. Even the parents of other teams make comments about how envious they are about the program. Please if you just trolling the message boards looking for nonsense to say, find a different topic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical lacrosse parents they have a booster club of about 50 kids and they think everyone else cares about their sport. Other parents don't, BOE doesn't and Superintendent doesn't either. Sorry. You make it sound like a monster will get the team if your coach doesn't. Change happens everywhere everyday deal with it and move on. Will new coach be the same or better than the old? maybe, maybe not but its ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical lacrosse parents they have a booster club of about 50 kids and they think everyone else cares about their sport. Other parents don't, BOE doesn't and Superintendent doesn't either. Sorry. You make it sound like a monster will get the team if your coach doesn't. Change happens everywhere everyday deal with it and move on. Will new coach be the same or better than the old? maybe, maybe not but its ok

So let those who will be affected by who will be coaching make the decision--if no one cares. What a horrible attitude. Change happens when something isn't working, not when the situation is ideal, as is the case with the lacrosse program and Coach D.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So let those who will be affected by who will be coaching make the decision--if no one cares. What a horrible attitude. Change happens when something isn't working, not when the situation is ideal, as is the case with the lacrosse program and Coach D.

You may be the only one who though the situation was ideal,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we know who is getting job?? Why such a delay in announcing it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may be the only one who though the situation was ideal,

Where have you been hiding? Why didn't you think the situation was ideal? You would have changed...? What exactly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No qualified person will touch this job now. You will have to get someone new to coaching Varsity or some dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No qualified person will touch this job now. You will have to get someone new to coaching Varsity or some dad.

Ya never know. Look what happened at SWR!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]No qualified person will touch this job now. You will have to get someone new to coaching Varsity or some dad.

Ya never know. Look what happened at SWR! [/quote

Yea, nice role model of cheating via holdbacks. Not a good person to advance the sport. I

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ya never know. Look what happened at SWR!

Don't forget there was a year of disaster before the current guy took over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]No qualified person will touch this job now. You will have to get someone new to coaching Varsity or some dad.

Yea, nice role model of cheating via holdbacks. Not a good person to advance the sport. I

He's a great person to advance the sport. Know all your facts before you come on here and lob criticisms.

SWR, Sayville, Huntington, Glenn- lots of coaches changing in recent years. Similar circumstances surrounding each. How soon till HS lax officially doesn't matter and the best kids only play "club"? Consider that a 7th grade game was on ESPN this past summer. When was the last HS lax game nationally televised? If ever

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's a great person to advance the sport. Know all your facts before you come on here and lob criticisms.

SWR, Sayville, Huntington, Glenn- lots of coaches changing in recent years. Similar circumstances surrounding each. How soon till HS lax officially doesn't matter and the best kids only play "club"? Consider that a 7th grade game was on ESPN this past summer. When was the last HS lax game nationally televised? If ever

I think you're on to something here. Except for a few towns in either Nassau and Suffolk, along with a couple of the Catholics, the state of HS Lax is abysmal. Many of these HS coaches are completely clueless, about the evolution of the game, the recruiting process, training techniques, on and on. Most of these HS coaches constantly give the top travel kids aggravation about playing in top events. I feel like every season my son takes a step back playing the school season. I would love to see all school sports done away with. It's happening with soccer, where top kids forgo school to play on a an Elite Club. Further, every sport, for the most part can be played in the club circuit at a much higher level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coach you bash has an impressive résumé, including coaching a NCAA DII national championship team. He is a great coach and you'd know that if your kid was ever coached by him.
Holding a student back is not cheating, it is a decision parents make for their children. His personal choices where his son is concerned is simply none of your business.
The few holdbacks are a reality, deal with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coach you bash has an impressive résumé, including coaching a NCAA DII national championship team. He is a great coach and you'd know that if your kid was ever coached by him.
Holding a student back is not cheating, it is a decision parents make for their children. His personal choices where his son is concerned is simply none of your business.

You are wrong. Personal choices indicate a mans true character, good or bad. Also, the situation at SWR was absolutely NOT similar to our situation in Sayville.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you feel the same about letting a kid play down a year without reclassing? You do realize this means a legit age kid gets cut. That is someone who should be respected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are wrong. Personal choices indicate a mans true character, good or bad. Also, the situation at SWR was absolutely NOT similar to our situation in Sayville.

Actually the situations are very similar. A very good but outspoken coach given the axe because he pissed off the BOE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you're on to something here. Except for a few towns in either Nassau and Suffolk, along with a couple of the Catholics, the state of HS Lax is abysmal. Many of these HS coaches are completely clueless, about the evolution of the game, the recruiting process, training techniques, on and on. Most of these HS coaches constantly give the top travel kids aggravation about playing in top events. I feel like every season my son takes a step back playing the school season. I would love to see all school sports done away with. It's happening with soccer, where top kids forgo school to play on a an Elite Club. Further, every sport, for the most part can be played in the club circuit at a much higher level.

It's not a job dad and its not about your kid. Kids loving playing for their schools, not for the quality of play but for playing with their friends and representing the place the spent 12 years playing. You parents have got to relax on this world domination get recruited BS. Let the kids be kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually the situations are very similar. A very good but outspoken coach given the axe because he pissed off the BOE.

In that regard, you are 100% correct. I'd like to see that mistake not happen in Sayville. What did Coach D do to deserve losing his job?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't the varsity coach at Sayville start their entire school program? We have had our boys program for over 40 years and have never been able to reach the consistent success level they have and we are same size school, same demographic of kids. Last season we played them, we had 4-5 coaches on the sideline and he was coaching by himself! We lost. My hats off to the guy! Whoever is listening? Figure it out and keep him!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't the varsity coach at Sayville start their entire school program? We have had our boys program for over 40 years and have never been able to reach the consistent success level they have and we are same size school, same demographic of kids. Last season we played them, we had 4-5 coaches on the sideline and he was coaching by himself! We lost. My hats off to the guy! Whoever is listening? Figure it out and keep him!

Amen. Workout the issues and keep Coach D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be that as it may, you're all beating a dead horse. He's not being reinstated. Someone else has been selected to continue on the program. I'd say it would make sense to welcome him instead of burying him before his first practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will support and fight for Coach D. He taught and instilled in our kids to never give up, we will do the same!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let go of the past, embrace the future.

Its over Johnny...NOTHING IS OVER!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be that as it may, you're all beating a dead horse. He's not being reinstated. Someone else has been selected to continue on the program. I'd say it would make sense to welcome him instead of burying him before his first practice.

The BoE is completely out of control and have lost focus of their edict. They do not serve their egos, they serve the citizens of the school district. Do what's best for the kids and reinstate Coach D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The BoE is completely out of control and have lost focus of their edict. They do not serve their egos, they serve the citizens of the school district. Do what's best for the kids and reinstate Coach D

School district size is what? People who care about this is less than a 100. Can't fight city hall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

School district size is what? People who care about this is less than a 100. Can't fight city hall

for those that care. FOIL the information. this is all public knowledge especially if they in fact hired a coach. if they did Id suggested you support the new guy for your kids sake and go after the BOE at the next election. You saw what happen in SWR.

Not for the Cosach there are plenty of spots rich with talent. SJB is just that place. You could make that HS the next Catholic school to be great. South Shore families are waiting for that school to explode with sports!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know what we have with Coach D! We don't want to lose him!
He has been the coach for over 15 years. He started the program and has directed it very well thus far. We don't want him coaching anywhere but Sayville. What upsets me is this is NOT a coaching issue or a performance issue. He is personable, positive and encouraging to all grade levels and skill levels. He's highly involved and coaches 12 months out of the year. He cannot be replaced. Let the community vote or have a say!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has been the coach for over 15 years. He started the program and has directed it very well thus far. We don't want him coaching anywhere but Sayville. What upsets me is this is NOT a coaching issue or a performance issue. He is personable, positive and encouraging to all grade levels and skill levels. He's highly involved and coaches 12 months out of the year. He cannot be replaced. Let the community vote or have a say!

You let the community vote when you elected your BOE. Maybe your community will remember this when they vote for your next board

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For me, this issue has gone well beyond the Board, the Superintendent, etc. I want to know why Coach D wasn't reinstated which is why we find ourselves in this situation. Please sir, don't post "its too late, move on" that's not how I was raised.....in Sayville. Parents resisted the removal of assistant coaches and somehow that was Coach D's fault? Somehow the reaction was fire him? That really can't be the reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Review the reinstatement petition posts. Far more than 100 people care about this issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Review the reinstatement petition posts. Far more than 100 people care about this issue.

Search: ipetition Sayville lax

439 signatures and over 150 comments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You let the community vote when you elected your BOE. Maybe your community will remember this when they vote for your next board

Its time for the Superintendent to be removed. This comes from him. He led the board into a few situations in the last few years that made the BOE look bad and almost cost members their seats in recent elections to some radicals. The most recent besides this is the gross over estimate of expenditures to the tune of 30 million. The common thread in all these situations is that they lead to the eroding of public trust in the quality individuals who make up the board. He is their advisor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its time for the Superintendent to be removed. This comes from him. He led the board into a few situations in the last few years that made the BOE look bad and almost cost members their seats in recent elections to some radicals. The most recent besides this is the gross over estimate of expenditures to the tune of 30 million. The common thread in all these situations is that they lead to the eroding of public trust in the quality individuals who make up the board. He is their advisor.

Agreed 100%. Reinstate Coach D and let the Super walk off into the sunset. DO THE RIGHT THING BY THE PROGRAM AND THE KIDS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know of GIRLS high school winter leagues on LI? Doesn't look like Sports Hub is doing a high school division this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed 100%. Reinstate Coach D and let the Super walk off into the sunset. DO THE RIGHT THING BY THE PROGRAM AND THE KIDS.

How did that BOE meeting go? None of you showed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still going on, maybe?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sayville lacrosse community has been asked for months now to allow Coach D to follow the districts process. But I can tell you if he is not reinstated all heck will break loose.

Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard