BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 70 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Fact: The reason you don't know more abt s2s is because the team was formed by a group of parents that has rejected the trash talk and drama of travel lacrosse to create a positive environment for their kids to thrive.

That's hysterical, Manhasset parents are all about 2 things, Drama and playing little Johnny the whole game. Enjoy the honeymoon [/quote]

And equally funny; DK "is" Drama and Trash Talk

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact: there is not a single 2022 player on shore2shore. Every single player on the team is 2023.

Fact: The reason you don't know more abt s2s is because the team was formed by a group of parents that has rejected the trash talk and drama of travel lacrosse to create a positive environment for their kids to thrive.

Fact: They are not that good.
Fact: defensman plays on Express 2022

Ok. So if there are NO 2022 players whatsoever than what about that 2022 defenseman? And how about those ex-Minutemen players? Wasn't that a 2022 team???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact: there is not a single 2022 player on shore2shore. Every single player on the team is 2023.

d pole was playing up

Ok. So if there are NO 2022 players whatsoever than what about that 2022 defenseman? And how about those ex-Minutemen players? Wasn't that a 2022 team???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

d pole was playing

You kidding right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. So if there are NO 2022 players whatsoever than what about that 2022 defenseman? And how about those ex-Minutemen players? Wasn't that a 2022 team??? [/quote]

There are 2 players from that minutemen team: the defenseman you speak of and an attackman. Neither are 2022- they both played up on the minutemen. They are both in 5th grade - they are legit 2023 players. If you are going to accuse, please do your homework. Anyone else you think is a 6th grader?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% They SHOULD be in 6th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about..they should be in 6th grade? Those 2 players are and should be in 5th grade. Do your homework. You sound stupid now making things up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So let me get this straight. Little Johnny and (his full ride to Duke, Hopkins, wherever) team lost to a bunch of kids I have not been secretly checking out (WEIRD) for years to see how Johnny compare and so they must be cheaters because I don't know them.

Oh man this is great entertainment. I have my popcorn ready.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have never heard of a boy playing "up" on travel Club team. Nobody does that. Town/PAL yes because they are age based--- but NEVER travel. Something doesn't sound right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have never heard of a boy playing "up" on travel Club team. Nobody does that. Town/PAL yes because they are age based--- but NEVER travel. Something doesn't sound right.

where have you been? At the younger ages its doable. As the boys get older it gets more competitive. Last year the boys tried out for 2022 but it was decided not to play up again. These were south shore thunder boys. That team had 2022 and 2023 kids some of which played for minutemen. Its not a conspiracy. They were playing with their friends.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

where have you been? At the younger ages its doable. As the boys get older it gets more competitive. Last year the boys tried out for 2022 but it was decided not to play up again. These were south shore thunder boys. That team had 2022 and 2023 kids some of which played for minutemen. Its not a conspiracy. They were playing with their friends.

In other words, by birth date and NY school cutoff dates for enrollmemt in kindergarten, these are kids that should/could be in 6th grade, but for whatever reason are not, so techincally speaking they are in 5th grade and playing on grade, but in reality should/could play on a 6th grade team with kids their own age.

I don't understand why teams don't own up to this practice. There is a loophole in the current system that every travel team takes advantage of. The best is when kids who are the same age as my son but in a grade lower (for whatever reason) play on a 2023 team and the parents say the kids are "playing up," and then when they realize their sons can be standouts playing on a team in their actual grade, they pull them down to play on a 2024 team where they are now playing against kids in their own grade who might actually be a whole year or more younger.

Every team has a few of these kids and it's not against the rules, so why not own up to it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so what? legal in grade based tourneys and legal by US lax standards. get used to it btw. only going to happen more going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should I re-class my son now at 5th grade, or wait until next year?
What about holding him back? He probably won't know. Is it ok?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do what you think is best for your kid assuming you can afford private. You know these "reclasses" were at kindergarten. you're head is going to explode in 8th grade when half the teams are a year older

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your 5th grader probably wouldn't know if he was held back? You're joking right? If he was that far removed from reality, I think you would need to consider something a lot more drastic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams going to Lehigh next weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams going to Lehigh next weekend?

What tourney?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want him to make any of these holdback club teams you should consider it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold back your 5th grader, why would you even consider that. Too be better in lacrosse. This isn't football, basketball, baseball, where superstar players have a shot at making millions in a sport after college. A lax player may make 10 grand a year in the MLL. What's the upside, I don't get it. Ill tell you this, had my parents held me back in 5th grade, I would have been devastated. All my friends go to 6 th grade, I stay a 5 th grader. The reason for this isn't academic, isn't social skills, isn't being ill. The reason is lacrosse. Crazy how insane parents have become.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is sarcasm, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold back your 5th grader, why would you even consider that. Too be better in lacrosse. This isn't football, basketball, baseball, where superstar players have a shot at making millions in a sport after college. A lax player may make 10 grand a year in the MLL. What's the upside, I don't get it. Ill tell you this, had my parents held me back in 5th grade, I would have been devastated. All my friends go to 6 th grade, I stay a 5 th grader. The reason for this isn't academic, isn't social skills, isn't being ill. The reason is lacrosse. Crazy how insane parents have become.

8th grade is when you repeat. Do it for lax so you can Improve chances of going ivy and change your kids life trajectory.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is sarcasm, right?

YES. Based upon crazy 91, Express, Igloo parents wanting to put their kids in lower grades so their little Johnny can be on the starting line with younger kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8th grade is when you repeat. Do it for lax so you can Improve chances of going ivy and change your kids life trajectory.

Bingo!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're an absolute idiot if you ever hold your kid back for lacrosse reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know some holdbacks that won't even be able to get a scholarship to Dowling, lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, I hope you like idiots because you'll be surrounded by them as long as your kid continues to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say 25 percent idiots. I surround myself with the other 75 percent. Leaving a kid back to play lax against younger kids. Give me s break. All for maybe 8 grand off a college tuition. My kid is graduating with his friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say 25 percent idiots. I surround myself with the other 75 percent. Leaving a kid back to play lax against younger kids. Give me s break. All for maybe 8 grand off a college tuition. My kid is graduating with his friends.

Good luck with that holdback Dowling scholarship. Lollollol2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the igloo vs. honey badger scrimmage last Wednesday night?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids won. They practiced for an hour, ran a short scrimmage, and worked EMO at both ends. no drama.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the way it should be. Two very good clubs working together to get the kids better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently you think your kids team did. No one cares. It was a scrimmage. And, it's fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently you think your kids team did. No one cares. It was a scrimmage. And, it's fall.

it was clear the Badgers were the better team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it was clear the Badgers were the better team

It's clear this is not from a parent with a kid on either team. Go away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? What a moron.it was a glorified practice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No parent from either team is writing this junk!

Everyone was happy with the practice and I for one hope we do it on a regular basis.

The negativity comes from haters!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No parent from either team is writing this junk!

Everyone was happy with the practice and I for one hope we do it on a regular basis.

The negativity comes from haters!!!!!

well, maybe one parent/ ex-coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not trying to stir things up here, but I've been told that one of the new teams in this age group has 2-3 players that are actually in 6th grade. Being that club lacrosse on LI is grade based, isn't this CHEATING? I am pretty sure that these kids played on another team last year and followed their Farmingdale based coach to their new team. Imagine being a quality 5th grader, yet losing out on a lot of playing time because your organization is willing to cheat and have a kid(s) play in 2023 even though they are 2022? I have heard this from more then one source, by the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not trying to stir things up here, but I've been told that one of the new teams in this age group has 2-3 players that are actually in 6th grade. Being that club lacrosse on LI is grade based, isn't this CHEATING? I am pretty sure that these kids played on another team last year and followed their Farmingdale based coach to their new team. Imagine being a quality 5th grader, yet losing out on a lot of playing time because your organization is willing to cheat and have a kid(s) play in 2023 even though they are 2022? I have heard this from more then one source, by the way.

Again, there are no 6th graders on S2S - NONE. Everyone is a 5th grader. There was a 5th grader last year on the 4th grade Igloo team that was coached by the F'Dale guy(that all the Igloo higher-ups knew about and were ok with). He is not on S2S and is a current member of the 6th grade Outlaws Select team (very good player). The other player everyone is concerned about is from Manhattan - he has a fall birthday but is a 5th grader.

Everyone please stop with the "older kid" nonsense. They are a good team with really good coaching...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, there are no 6th graders on S2S - NONE. Everyone is a 5th grader. There was a 5th grader last year on the 4th grade Igloo team that was coached by the F'Dale guy(that all the Igloo higher-ups knew about and were ok with). He is not on S2S and is a current member of the 6th grade Outlaws Select team (very good player). The other player everyone is concerned about is from Manhattan - he has a fall birthday but is a 5th grader.

Everyone please stop with the "older kid" nonsense. They are a good team with really good coaching...

Phew. So they cheated last year, but not his year. There were 3 kids that were playing DOWN. You told me about two. The third is on S2S. FACT. Good Coaching. Good recruiting. Great organization. Goo times. Long Island staying classy.

Page 23 of 70 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard