BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 144 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We think we're better than you and vice versa. Only one way to figure it out. Lets get it on!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MC made one of the classiest moves for his club. The same move that many express teams have made over the years. If the cudas parents are so upset, take the win, its all yours. Make sure to complain to MC real good about some BS tournament game. Then when your kid doesn't make Jake Reed or UA team just remember the day you made such a big deal over a game.. stay focused!

That's a crock of you know what - "class" my !##. What is JD creating over there - a bunch of primadonas with such fragile egos (shells) that at the slightest setback will implode? They'll produce a bunch of kids with egos that will be a nightmare to handle for any high school or college coach when JD hands them off. When you sign up to play up, you accept the probability are you are not going to win the championshiup - you do it for other reasons. Losing is ok, especially when playing up with good lessons to be learned. Are these kids so fragile that they can't handle a loss? Rather was the other coach concerned about the probable meltdown, temper tantrum and histrionics of JD in a losing battle that would embarass everybody involved? They need to get over themselves.

Right off the Turtles own website:

2016 Orange and 2017 Turtles Share the Championship of Maverik Big Time 9th grade A Division

The 2016 Express Orange and 2017 Express Turtles share the title of champions of the Big Time Shootout Sponsored by Maverik in Mitchell field this Sunday.
Both Express teams went undefeated in the 9th grade A division.

Express Turtles were the only 8th grade team to compete here.

Note: right above this is the following quote on the website: Looking for a game with the Turtles? Use the contact link to email us anytime! We don't duck anyone.

Holy cow can you say EGO!!!

Did you contact them or are you all anonymous mouth?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC made one of the classiest moves for his club. The same move that many express teams have made over the years. If the cudas parents are so upset, take the win, its all yours. Make sure to complain to MC real good about some BS tournament game. Then when your kid doesn't make Jake Reed or UA team just remember the day you made such a big deal over a game.. stay focused!

That's a crock of you know what - "class" my !##. What is JD creating over there - a bunch of primadonas with such fragile egos (shells) that at the slightest setback will implode? They'll produce a bunch of kids with egos that will be a nightmare to handle for any high school or college coach when JD hands them off. When you sign up to play up, you accept the probability are you are not going to win the championshiup - you do it for other reasons. Losing is ok, especially when playing up with good lessons to be learned. Are these kids so fragile that they can't handle a loss? Rather was the other coach concerned about the probable meltdown, temper tantrum and histrionics of JD in a losing battle that would embarass everybody involved? They need to get over themselves.

Right off the Turtles own website:

2016 Orange and 2017 Turtles Share the Championship of Maverik Big Time 9th grade A Division

The 2016 Express Orange and 2017 Express Turtles share the title of champions of the Big Time Shootout Sponsored by Maverik in Mitchell field this Sunday.
Both Express teams went undefeated in the 9th grade A division.

Express Turtles were the only 8th grade team to compete here.

Note: right above this is the following quote on the website: Looking for a game with the Turtles? Use the contact link to email us anytime! We don't duck anyone.

Holy cow can you say EGO!!!

We don't duck anyone unless they call themselve Express Orange. I have no doubt that the turtles would have no problem beating up on the 2018 Express Orange if a championship was on the line. What a joke of a program.

Wow thread went quiet. Guess an email went out telling the clownfish parents to get back into their coral patch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Still worthy of being a 'Baird Man.'" What the (heck) is that? What is your motto here? Well, gentlemen, when the (stuff) hits the fan some guys run and some guys stay. Here's Charlie facing the fire; and there's George hidin' in big Daddy's pocket. As I came in here, I heard those words, "cradle of leadership." Well, when the bow breaks, the cradle will fall. And it has fallen here; it has fallen. Makers of men; creators of leaders; be careful what kind of leaders you're producin' here.

- Al Pacino, Scent of a Woman

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"Still worthy of being a 'Baird Man.'" What the (heck) is that? What is your motto here? Well, gentlemen, when the (stuff) hits the fan some guys run and some guys stay. Here's Charlie facing the fire; and there's George hidin' in big Daddy's pocket. As I came in here, I heard those words, "cradle of leadership." Well, when the bow breaks, the cradle will fall. And it has fallen here; it has fallen. Makers of men; creators of leaders; be careful what kind of leaders you're producin' here.

- Al Pacino, Scent of a Woman
Whoo-ah

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. JD is a hypocrite. Ask JD about playing 2017 Orange for a championship in Tri-State. When asked if both teams should be co-champs instead of playing each other in the championship JD's quote " I come to tournaments to win". Then after winning he complained about penalties, roughness etc. I guess his motto now is "can we take a pic for the website" so I can pat myself on the back !!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. JD is a hypocrite. Ask JD about playing 2017 Orange for a championship in Tri-State. When asked if both teams should be co-champs instead of playing each other in the championship JD's quote " I come to tournaments to win". Then after winning he complained about penalties, roughness etc. I guess his motto now is "can we take a pic for the website" so I can pat myself on the back !!!!!!

he's a pompas jerk! Had my son play for him on a non-turtles team and we got screwed at every turn! Shortened practices, him not showing up, not at tournaments, etc... Can anyone say Napoleon Complex?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which LI Express teams are going down to the Young Guns Tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prediction: Some of the Turtles will take a few of the 24 available roster positions (bumping some 2016 Orange kids) one year ahead of schedule for the U-15 championship next year. Watch out from below.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which LI Express teams are going down to the Young Guns Tournament?

2016 Orange/barracudas and 2017 Turtles

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prediction: Some of the Turtles will take a few of the 24 available roster positions (bumping some 2016 Orange kids) one year ahead of schedule for the U-15 championship next year. Watch out from below.

fl$ did this last year - pulled some kids up early and wound up winning it. Turtles are an ambitious and impatient bunch so it is believable. Some may have to because if they wait their turn they might be too old. Time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait, why would anybody accept THAT? Winning solidly is what you play for, and practice to do. Please don't think that many folks swallowed that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only if JD cries and begs !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't that happening this year with 2016 and 2015?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, we will see just like the last two times these two teams played. The best will be watching the antics of the three Turtle coaches when the Orange start to run away with it. Tough to teach your kids to be good losers when you can't control yourself in defeat. Good luck to all the boys.

"show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"
Vince Lombardi

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gap is much bigger than between Turtles and 2016. Nobody on 2016 is better than what 2015 already has. There are some Turtles that are definately better than some current 2016s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gap is much bigger than between Turtles and 2016. Nobody on 2016 is better than what 2015 already has. There are some Turtles that are definately better than some current 2016s.

There are also plenty of 2017 (non Turtle players) that are better than 2016 players. Just as, there are plenty of 2018 players that are better than 2017. Point is , you could go on forever about this. One more thing, **NEWSFLASH** there are many 2017 kids for many clubs that are BETTER than several of the Turtle players. Don't sweat the fancy uniform, they are all young lacrosse players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gap is much bigger than between Turtles and 2016. Nobody on 2016 is better than what 2015 already has. There are some Turtles that are definitely better than some current 2016s.

If this is true, why did the Turtles duck out of playing Orange 2016 for the championship. Obviously, the turtles feel the gap is significant enough to not want to play them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

last year teams had open spots because the birthday cut off was 1/1 now that USLacrosse has changed the dates back to 8/31 you will have fewer spots open if any, if the old birth date rule was still in place my sons team would have lost 5 players but now all are OK -

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the big deal is the Orange boys wanted to play for the championship out right. Alot of trash talking has been taking place on this site as well as thru parents ( as ridiculous as it sounds ). The boys were disapponted with the reasoning of not having 2 Express teams play for a championship when this Orange team played 2 Express teams in the semis and championship at the Forsberg Tourn. My son who is on the Orange 2016 team voiced this to me. I cant explain the logic behind it to him. Just explained there are bigger things to worry about and enjoy playing whenever and against whoever he does

Exactly, why was it ok for the Orange to embarass another Express JV C team in the finals at Forsberg but not ok to let the kids play here? I think MC thought it would have been a huge, embarassing blowout handed to the Turtles that JD and the turtles would not be able to handle. There is alot of tension and animosity between the these two sides going back several years - about control, independence, branding, money etc.

From Express newsletter sent out today -

2016 Express Orange AND 2017 Express Turtles
2012 Maverick Shootout Co-CHAMPIONS!

Congrats to our 2016 Express Orange & 2017 Express Turtles share the title of champions of the Maverick Big Time Shootout this Sunday. Both Express teams went undefeated in the 9th grade A division! Awesome job guys!

2020 Express Orange
2012 Maverick Shootout CHAMPIONS!

The 2020 Orange just keeps on rolling as the take the crown of another tournament! Their opponent was our very talented 2020 Express Blue! Nothing better than ALL EXPRESS FINAL! Way to get it done boys!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Woo Hoo. 2020 Express Orange won a division with 3/4th grade town teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played the 2020 all express final? Why did JD and MC not allow the other all express final. What did the other coach say?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
too bad they cant beat 91 crush-- its pathetic that they have to play against each orange vs blue what's the point in playing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As most know the financial connection between MC and JD goes alot deeper than they want anyone to know. Turtles use the Express brand and JD uses Express for business. They wont play each other in a tournament final made up of below average teams yet MC allows Express teams to play each other all the time. Both are hypocrites. "Playing up" just gives the team a built in excuse if they lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all about business relationship with Express and Turtles. Most teams in Express do not matter. Barracudas and Turtles are the only teams that matter. Get used to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all about business relationship with Express and Turtles. Most teams in Express do not matter. Barracudas and Turtles are the only teams that matter. Get used to it.

What a very disrespectful comment towards a bunch of kids/parents who play for the other Express teams. Shame on you tough guy. Our boys both play for an Express team that is Blue. We are very happy, our nephew had a similar Express situation (not being on an "A" team), he is now a starter at a Ivy league University. Best wishes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They can do whatever they want but this treatment of some teams with the golden touch and other teams within the same family like garbage is just really bad business. Who would treat kids within their own family so unevenly? The program has gotten way too big and has gotten away from them. They should just consolidate down to one Orange team per grade and charge double. Anybody want to start up a competing program there would be tons of great players running as fast as they can away from the Express. Word of warning - if your kid is not on an Orange team, run as fast as you can to a better situation for your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
too bad they cant beat 91 crush-- its pathetic that they have to play against each orange vs blue what's the point in playing

Because it makes them feel better beating B teams and town teams than losing to legitimate A teams. Can't hide forever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough already, Crush yeah you are a very strong team, but you have to admit the 4th grade Express orange is a strong team as well.

DD say they have a strong 4th grade team, but will not play "crush" if they have the (older boys who play DD 5th playing) wonder what they know.

Who are the other A teams in 4th?

In looking at the schedule for Big Time. Express played other 2020 teams in a rising 5th grade bracket. Sure they played towns but West Islip puts a program togtehr like a travel team you all know that. Long Beach I cant comment on - only to say Express Blue played the other travels in that bracket and came out ahead so maybe for this day the tourny for this bracket did match them up fairly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
serious question at the 2017 year of graduation what are the express teams in order of best to let's say not best, I assume from what I have read turtles are best then who

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They can do whatever they want but this treatment of some teams with the golden touch and other teams within the same family like garbage is just really bad business. Who would treat kids within their own family so unevenly? The program has gotten way too big and has gotten away from them. They should just consolidate down to one Orange team per grade and charge double. Anybody want to start up a competing program there would be tons of great players running as fast as they can away from the Express. Word of warning - if your kid is not on an Orange team, run as fast as you can to a better situation for your kid.

I'm not so sure this is great advice. My kid got moved from an Orange to a Blue. Yes, it has been a challenge to his self esteem but isn't that a good life lesson too? He's making the best of it and enjoys being one of the better players on a pretty good team. Quite frankly he enjoys playing for his new coach much better than the Orange coach too. Sometimes it seems harder on the parents than the kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
serious question at the 2017 year of graduation what are the express teams in order of best to let's say not best, I assume from what I have read turtles are best then who

Turtles are obviously at the top of the heap

You could make the argument for either McManus or Korwans team in the second slot

There are two other teams at the age group and i have no idea how to judge either of them since they have changed 10 times since tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Manny was on the express Blue team a few years ago. The best players will get noticed when it counts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on 2015 express orange it is very civil the boys have fun whether they win or lose I don't see the parents getting upset either at a loss, I am so glad my son didn't start club Lacrosse until High School, it sounds like a nightmare and a complete waste of time,
It's a huge commitment for parents and kids and my son is no worse off being fairly new to Lacrosse for his age (15) than the other boys as long as his grades stay high and he plays well he will be noticed, don't know what the youth orange express. Charges but the older level is $1800 just for summer iand we get only two tournaments and one 3 day shoot out, I can't imagine spending this kind of money on a grade schooler

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does a couple of weeks or months really matter .what if a kid started kindergarten in Massachusettes or some other state where the cut off for kindergarten is August 31st but than moves to long island several years later surely this doesnt mean the kid belongs in the grade above.
Here in New [lacrosse] the cut off is December 1st my son who was born November 30th only because he was born five days early waited to start kindergarten until age five does this also mean he is in the wrong grade,?
As long as the kids are within 14 months or so apart I really don't see a big deal. And sometimes the younger is more skilled and bigger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea....OK....I'm sure thats a true statement !!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were no 3rd grade teams and Express absolutely destroyed every team that they played, "Can't Wait" for the next time they play Team 91...which is really a team comprised of 4th graders and a kids that should be in 5th grade already....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait to play 91 Orange Crush? The last time they met the score was i believe 15-1. Be careful what you wish for. 2020 express Orange is a really good team. Can't take that away from them but the 91 Orange Crush are a whole different animal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does a couple of weeks or months really matter .what if a kid started kindergarten in Massachusettes or some other state where the cut off for kindergarten is August 31st but than moves to long island several years later surely this doesnt mean the kid belongs in the grade above.
Here in New [lacrosse] the cut off is December 1st my son who was born November 30th only because he was born five days early waited to start kindergarten until age five does this also mean he is in the wrong grade,?
As long as the kids are within 14 months or so apart I really don't see a big deal. And sometimes the younger is more skilled and bigger.

My son is born in early October and in is the correct grade for his age (he was 4 for the first month or so of kindergarten). I found that many parents of boys particularly kept back their kids born in Sept., Oct., Nov and December. Did this make it difficult for my son in sports? Absolutely. He would be in the younger group if sports were grouped by year of birth, but by grouping by grade with so many "red shirts", he often found it tough to compete. Conversely, my daughter is a January birthday and thus "old" for her great. Did she benefit from that experience? Again, absolutely. I'm not judging people who hold back their late birthday kids, but don't delude yourself. Those kids have an advantage. No doubt about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi-young daughter -- goalie -- interested in the Girls Long island Express Club -- any feedback or insight as to how that orginization is run would be appreciated -- Thanks

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 144 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard