BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23
Re: Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congratulations to her! She is a good player on a below average HS team, so yes, she played varsity as a Middle schooler. According to MSG Varsity she had 19 goals and 12 assists as an 8th grader, however, it should be noted that 6 of those points (5Gs, 1A) were against a far inferior team from Moriches.

Another success story from someone who left the top guns program

Or another poaching success by acquiring talent instead of developing it? A 5th grader could coach these girls. Roll out the balls and stay out of the way

No offense but kid was moved to second TG team so she left . 2019 YJ team may actually be more successful if coached by a 5th grader .

I believe you are mistaken on how that went down. She played up in age on the top team, when she was supposed to drop down to her own age group she left. She would have been one of the top girls on black in her own age but walked away. Just as many of the top girls from 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 walked away. I have yet to see that happen going the other way . I find it so sad that I have to come on here to defend some little girl because people make sh@t up.

I find it sad you feel the need to defend the truth with made up nonsense.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early verbals and recruiting are terrible for the sport and hopefully it changes soon!

Congrats to this early signing but all it does is motivate the other crazy parents that share the sidelines to now hurry up and get their daughter verbaled asap.

One of the worst places on earth is a travel lacrosse sideline from 8th-11th grade. By end of 11th and 12th the girls are just back to playing for fun and all the college BS is forgotten.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have taken to sitting by my lonesome at games--far away from the parents...just to get away from the selfishness and petty comments that are spewed all day long during the games..everyone's daughter is a D1 prospect and should get every goal during the games... are right though, no worse place to be ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the weather is going to be nice this weekend. It should be a nice weekend for some top level lacrosse. Quite a few teams will be heading down the turnpike to MD. The girls should represent well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is TG black this fall?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dope

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is TG black this fall?

Hard to tell this weekend. Too early to tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went 2-2 at the Ches Invitational.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did YJ Blue do against M&D Black on Saturday at the prime time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital 2019 beat TG 2019 in a fairly close game on Saturday--good level of skill all around.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital 2019 beat TG 2019 in a fairly close game on Saturday--good level of skill all around.

Who did they beat and who else did they lose to? Did they get to see MnD or Skywalkers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital did not lose in 6 games over weekend--beat TG, TLC (very strong team) Phantastix out of Philly (always strong), Team 180 from CO and 2 others....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital did not lose in 6 games over weekend--beat TG, TLC (very strong team) Phantastix out of Philly (always strong), Team 180 from CO and 2 others....

MnD, Heros, Sky Walkers or YJ? Any of those? What about MDU, or Integrity? That Capital/Stars 2019 team is good, just trying to get a gauge of where they are this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not refer to Capital as a "Stars" team since 2019 Capital has a number of players who did not play on Stars. They have beaten Sky Walkers twice this fall but have yet to play the others....best team thye have played to date is TLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did MnD and Heros do this weekend? The Chesapeake Invitation has only some scores listed and the Prime Time didn't have any on their website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Md United was NOT INVITED, at any age level, to the Chesapeake Invitational.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both went 4-0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks! Not a surprise, they both went undefeated as both are great teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about Salt City? We are playing their 2019 this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are pretty solid team from the Syracuse area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone know anything about Salt City? We are playing their 2019 this weekend.

How about Mass Elite 2019s ... Playing them at Lax for the Cure. They r in top bracket with us. Never played them. Assume they r from Massachusetts. Any good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another YJ 2019 committed today - Daddy will be bragging at the office tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another YJ 2019 committed today - Daddy will be bragging at the office tomorrow.

And your jealousy is shining through. Be happy for the girl, and her family. Dreams coming true...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town is she from? Or, where can we find this info?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy should be bragging good for him. That said wth is going on , these kids are way to young . Not this kid as I don't know who it is but I got to watch a prior 2019 recruit to arguably the most sort after school and it was comical . I get sometimes college coaches see things in a player that nobody else does but when you are recruiting 14 y. o. Kids one would think the kid would be arguably one of the better players on the field , athletic , or at least not argue w refs . Good luck w that one .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three or four heros committed already. Top schools obviously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And your jealousy is shining through. Be happy for the girl, and her family. Dreams coming true...

Sorry Dad - way too young.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll second that! I would be bragging too, if I were pretty well done with the recruiting process. Definitely jealous, probably has not gotten a single sniff yet. Any info on which school the YJ girl has committed to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet all the top college coaches disagree with you. All of them actively recruit the incoming 9th graders. I guess you know more than all the best coaches in the country? You should maybe quit your day job and take your armchair recruiting gig to the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This commit scored 9 goals and had 3 assists as an 8th grader for Rocky Point last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll second that! I would be bragging too, if I were pretty well done with the recruiting process. Definitely jealous, probably has not gotten a single sniff yet. Any info on which school the YJ girl has committed to?

the sport is broken and the sidelines are toxic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet all the top college coaches disagree with you. All of them actively recruit the incoming 9th graders. I guess you know more than all the best coaches in the country? You should maybe quit your day job and take your armchair recruiting gig to the next level.

Parents hold the cards yet feel the need to rush its insane. I guess if you don't commit your child in 9th grade you have failed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if Northwestern or whichever school is their top "dream school" comes calling? I also think 9th grade is young - but, I also don't know their situation. I also will not openly and loudly preach against early recruiting because I do not want to be labeled as a hypocrite on the off chance that certain schools do show up at our door. Frankly - how can you say that someone is making an uninformed decision if they choose a North Carolina or a Duke as their college?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations to the young lady and her parents.

It is unfortunate that there are so many jealous bitter people out there. It must be really tough on you when college coaches think that other players are better than your daughter.

To all of the parents who have unrealistic views of their kids abilities. Stop trying to come up with excuses as to why the offers are not rolling in. There is one reason a college coach does not make an offer. That reason is: "the coach does not think your daughter is better than the other players that the coach has watched". You can convince yourself that there are other reasons but there is only one. You can listen to the coach tell you "we have to wait", "we need to see her play again", "we need to see her grades and test scores", "we are taking our time" etc.. it is all BS. Coaches know what they like and when they see it and they will make an offer. The best coaches at the top programs are not afraid to pull the trigger if they like the player. Just be thankful the top players can only accept one offer. Also, there are great players who may not have the grades for every school that likes them. Keep the grades up and you will have more opportunities after the top tier kids are all committed. We are going through it now, mine is not a top tier player but we know that there will be more opportunity after the top kids commit.

Stop with the jealousy and hate. Be happy for the kids that have what it takes to be an early commit. Be hopeful and proud of your own. If they continue to work hard in the classroom and on the field things will work out.

Stop the hate and try to be as realistic as possible about your own kids ability.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland

I think that makes it 3 for Maryland so far. One from MnD, Heros and YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is your experience and too bad for you and others that have had similar experiences. This however could not be any further from the experience I have had with my girls, all good stuff, and I know many others who feel the same as I do. Misery finds misery.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is your experience and too bad for you and others that have had similar experiences. This however could not be any further from the experience I have had with my girls, all good stuff, and I know many others who feel the same as I do. Misery finds misery.

My daughter is a junior recruited by a mid-ranked D1 program with a very good academic reputation. She experienced some highs and lows in the recruiting process, but in the end is very happy with where she is going, the opportunity she will have there and the athletic money she's receiving. We've also met some really great people and made some good friends through lacrosse. We also met a bad apple or two, but were able to not let that get in the way of her love for playing lacrosse. I have to say that although lacrosse is a team sport, unlike almost every other team sport, it has some aspects that really breed a "me first" mentality which is reflected by the behavior on the sidelines. Notice I didn't say on the field - because that's not where the problem is.

Enjoy the next few years because they really do go by much too quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is a junior recruited by a mid-ranked D1 program with a very good academic reputation. She experienced some highs and lows in the recruiting process, but in the end is very happy with where she is going, the opportunity she will have there and the athletic money she's receiving. We've also met some really great people and made some good friends through lacrosse. We also met a bad apple or two, but were able to not let that get in the way of her love for playing lacrosse. I have to say that although lacrosse is a team sport, unlike almost every other team sport, it has some aspects that really breed a "me first" mentality which is reflected by the behavior on the sidelines. Notice I didn't say on the field - because that's not where the problem is.

Enjoy the next few years because they really do go by much too quickly.

Well said and congratulations. Anyone who objectively doesn't say there is a me first attitude in the sport isn't paying attention.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll second that! I would be bragging too, if I were pretty well done with the recruiting process. Definitely jealous, probably has not gotten a single sniff yet. Any info on which school the YJ girl has committed to? [/quote]

the sport is broken and the sidelines are toxic [/quote]

That is your experience and too bad for you and others that have had similar experiences. This however could not be any further from the experience I have had with my girls, all good stuff, and I know many others who feel the same as I do. Misery finds misery.[/quote]

Enjoy the next few years because they really do go by much too quickly. [/quote]

Well said and congratulations. Anyone who objectively doesn't say there is a me first attitude in the sport isn't paying attention. [/quote]

I feel that I am closer to my daughter than I would have been had it not been for the countless trips up and down the turnpike. I would not have met some "lifetime" friends after the various nights of bonding at the hotel bars. And let's not forget the future friends that we will be running into at our daughter's future colleges with a simple introduction of - "Hey, you look familiar - didn't your daughter play for (club name) at Lax For the Cure, Lax Inception or where ever." Those are just two of the positives that I am embracing and bringing up. There are a lot of positives, why focus only on the negatives.

Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard