BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 97 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
PT

The current 2021 Express North team is completely different from the one you played last summer. Our guys were physically overmatched, not anymore. Should be a much more competitive game next time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I did see the 6 foot middie. Quite tall for a 7th grader!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get that LI is the mecca of lax, but why is Ct. High schools So much better than Westchester HS's.
Top Ct. teams Darien, New Canaan, Greenwich & Ridgefield are much better than any Section 1 team to include Yorktown. You cant say they have more players there. Whats the reason?

Bronxville, a small Class C school, destroyed Greenwich 14-4 last year. . CT teams don't really want to play the better Westchester teams. Yorktown is as good as anyone in the state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators 2017 is a Nationally prominent team. They won a huge tournament this summer in Philly. Their coaches are very focused on player development. I think this is what sets the program apart from the others. I understand they are now focusing on the 2020 team. The previously focused on the 2014 group. this three year cycle really helps them develop a product that is attractive to colleges.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, you guys got better and we lost a couple of decent players and added a few. Stayed the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol Bronxville was loaded with great talent. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut. Westchester lax does not compare to Ct. Lax and that's with Brunswick taking most of the best players. Darien & New Canaan are the class of the northeast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol Bronxville was loaded with great talent. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut. Westchester lax does not compare to Ct. Lax and that's with Brunswick taking most of the best players. Darien & New Canaan are the class of the northeast.

This was discussed earlier in this thread - and discussed more maturely. Quite literally, the 4 or 5 best CT programs are all on Westchester's doorstep. Yes, these few programs are probably better than the best 4 or 5 from Westchester. As are maybe the best 4 or 5 from PA, MA and some other states. But as for the rest of CT - Westchester teams compare quite favorably.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the school districts in CT are usually quite larger- Darien has a huge talent base to draw from, Ridgefield, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The game has only been played in these so called "hotbeds" until very recently. You are not really accomplishing anything when you have no competition. It is starting to change, just take a look at U Denver's championship roster.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess quality lacrosse is still played north of the Throgs Neck Bridge? 2019 Express North 3-0 today with wins over The Edge (their edge is they are a year older than all the other teams they play), Crabs and True Blue.

The non-stop mouths on LI and elsewhere can pipe down now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess quality lacrosse is still played north of the Throgs Neck Bridge? 2019 Express North 3-0 today with wins over The Edge (their edge is they are a year older than all the other teams they play), Crabs and True Blue.

Prime time 1-2, North is the class of 2019 of over the bridge

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy was a B tournament this weekend. All top teams in PA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wheres the PT poster who bashes Express Awfully quiet wonder why

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 2019s were in Maryland / Boys Latin today 91,express, express north,crabs Madlax edge,leading edge Laxachutes AA,Michigan Blue,Century /Texas .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So was that primetime's B team or they went 1-2 against b teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So was that primetime's B team or they went 1-2 against b teams?

PT doesn't have B teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime 2018 is their premier team going 4-0 this weekend. 2019 definitely cant play with the big boys but a quality organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
going forward - going to be very difficult for any westchester team to consistently put A teams on the field. too many teams,watered down. getting to be that way on LI as well. how many true A teams exist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prime time 1-2, North is the class of 2019 of over the bridge

Express North 2019 might be the class of 2019....period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
going forward - going to be very difficult for any westchester team to consistently put A teams on the field. too many teams,watered down. getting to be that way on LI as well. how many true A teams exist

This is very true - biggest issue is that clubs want to market themselves as the "best" and "elite". If you market yourself for what you are - good opportunity for nice, but maybe not elite, players to play together with good coaches and get better (and have fun!) - they would be a lot better off IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express north and Prime time 2018 combined have 15 to20 D1 commits ,both teams dominated this weekend .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pretty amazing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is very true - biggest issue is that clubs want to market themselves as the "best" and "elite". If you market yourself for what you are - good opportunity for nice, but maybe not elite, players to play together with good coaches and get better (and have fun!) - they would be a lot better off IMO.

more parody is better for the game. its why the nfl is so great

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I concur express north 2019 is as good as any team in 2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse 2017,2018 & 2019 went a strong 7-1-1 at Legacy. Only loss was to a strong PT 2018 6-4. Their teams are full of D1 commits. Just shows how strong lax is north of LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How have you done against the top 4 -- Madlax, 91, Laxachusetts, HHH?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure as my child is a 2021 player. The Coach and director of Express North (Schreiber) told me the have very few losses over the last few years. If I remember correctly it's only 5. They beat Crabs, True Michigan & Edge Canada yesterday. Very impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure as my child is a 2021 player. The Coach and director of Express North (Schreiber) told me the have very few losses over the last few years. If I remember correctly it's only 5. They beat Crabs, True Michigan & Edge Canada yesterday. Very impressive.

They have come a long way in a short period, for sure. Impressive group, may be in top 5 of the age group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassification helps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How have you done against the top 4 -- Madlax, 91, Laxachusetts, HHH?

Beat them all accept for 91. I believe we would now beat Team 91 handily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Defenseman from Express North has committed to Michigan 2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Defenseman from Express North has committed to Michigan 2019

More Express North kids will follow. IMO. The players are too good and the team wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT 2019 have any potential commits?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse 2017,2018 & 2019 went a strong 7-1-1 at Legacy. Only loss was to a strong PT 2018 6-4. Their teams are full of D1 commits. Just shows how strong lax is north of LI.

No it doesn't!

Although you did well at a tournament that doesn't necessarily show how strong you are. North 2019 running the table shows how strong they are, everything is relative!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it doesn't!

Although you did well at a tournament that doesn't necessarily show how strong you are. North 2019 running the table shows how strong they are, everything is relative!

Result is misleading - Eclipse 2018 and 2017 are in fact loaded. 2019 not so much - struggling both last summer and this past weekend and not playing the field that was at Boys Latin.
Every program has different strong ages - Superstar is leaving theirs once the strong Ridgefield teams graduate, younger ages not good (all the early HS kids now play for North). Eclipse is new as well, good owners and coaches...has promise but is not deep at all ages out of the box.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a north parent , one of our parents who is posting needs to stop with his arrogance / comments .Stop !

Apologies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it doesn't!

Result is misleading - Eclipse 2018 and 2017 are in fact loaded. 2019 not so much - struggling both last summer and this past weekend and not playing the field that was at Boys Latin.
Every program has different strong ages - Superstar is leaving theirs once the strong Ridgefield teams graduate, younger ages not good (all the early HS kids now play for North). Eclipse is new as well, good owners and coaches...has promise but is not deep at all ages out of the box.

The 2017 Eclipse team is pretty much lights-out. I havent seen a better 2017 team anywhere so far. Eclipse 2018 strong as well, and also improving (not to mention they were missing two of their studs this past weekend too). I know 2019 has made number of changes from last year, and should be much improved this year given a few of their additions....2019 was 2-0-1 last weekend (albeit not against the same top-10 level competition that was down at BL), and the one tie was their first game of the day.....not bad for a team that I dont think has had a single practice together this fall, and had several newcomers. For the 2019 age group in CT/WChst, the talent is pretty evenly spread around between Eclipse, Chargers, and LIE N, so all three of those teams are strong, but not sure any of the 3 would be viewed as dominant at the top national level. LIE N may have the first 2019 commit (and to a great school at that), but both Chargers and Eclipse have kids of that same level talent that are getting similar early d1 interest.

And really, at the end of the day, does it matter to anyone other than SOME of the players Dads' who wins a 2-goal game? I would bet you that the Ivy and NESCAC coaches I saw on the sidelines of the games last weekend in MA couldnt tell you today who won the Eclipse/PT 2018 game or the Eclipse/Team11 2019 game. I want my kid to play on a team where he gets good coaching (club doesnt just focus on their 3 studs per class) to improve his game, goes to the right tournaments to get exposure to good competition and maybe a look from a few college coaches, has a coach who can advocate for him when he needs it with a college coach or an individual showcase director, and most importantly, a team where he actually enjoys playing with his teammates. My $.02 anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it doesn't!

The 2017 Eclipse team is pretty much lights-out. I havent seen a better 2017 team anywhere so far. Eclipse 2018 strong as well, and also improving (not to mention they were missing two of their studs this past weekend too). I know 2019 has made number of changes from last year, and should be much improved this year given a few of their additions....2019 was 2-0-1 last weekend (albeit not against the same top-10 level competition that was down at BL), and the one tie was their first game of the day.....not bad for a team that I dont think has had a single practice together this fall, and had several newcomers. For the 2019 age group in CT/WChst, the talent is pretty evenly spread around between Eclipse, Chargers, and LIE N, so all three of those teams are strong, but not sure any of the 3 would be viewed as dominant at the top national level. LIE N may have the first 2019 commit (and to a great school at that), but both Chargers and Eclipse have kids of that same level talent that are getting similar early d1 interest.

And really, at the end of the day, does it matter to anyone other than SOME of the players Dads' who wins a 2-goal game? I would bet you that the Ivy and NESCAC coaches I saw on the sidelines of the games last weekend in MA couldnt tell you today who won the Eclipse/PT 2018 game or the Eclipse/Team11 2019 game. I want my kid to play on a team where he gets good coaching (club doesnt just focus on their 3 studs per class) to improve his game, goes to the right tournaments to get exposure to good competition and maybe a look from a few college coaches, has a coach who can advocate for him when he needs it with a college coach or an individual showcase director, and most importantly, a team where he actually enjoys playing with his teammates. My $.02 anyway.

I agree and disagree. I agree the talent may not have been as high in Ma. But I do think the college coaches absolutely took notice at some of the team's playing and winning. was great tournament and fit a nice for both clubs and coaches.i

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 97 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard