BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 90 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Manhasset has no rivals!

Because everyone hates them.

why does everyone hate them?

Maybe in Lacrosse because they claim to be a Town only (with a few exceptions, oops) team and then lie about the "visitors" and the holdbacks and then claim to be the worlds greatest travel/town teams.

Why people hate Manhasset in general is a list that is way too long for this board!

I'm not from Long Island but have met a number of parents and adults from Manhasset, they all seem to be much more normal than the rest of the long island parents/kids that we encounter when you come down to MD in the summer. Are we missing something?

Gotta be a crabs parent - because no one in their right mind could actually think holding kids back to gain an edge is good for this sport or any other. Meanwhile your teaching your kids to game the system because they weren't talented enough to compete against kids their own age.

The kids that reclassified at my alma mater are now in the NFL and NBA - your kids are working at lax world. Congratulations.

Douchy response by Mr Crab for sure, But are you saying it's ok to "game the system" as long as you end up with lucrative pro sports career?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying it's OK. I think it is wrong. However, at least I get the point that there is potentially a lucrative career at the end of the rainbow. There is no pot of gold for lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset has no rivals!

Maybe in Lacrosse because they claim to be a Town only (with a few exceptions, oops) team and then lie about the "visitors" and the holdbacks and then claim to be the worlds greatest travel/town teams.

Why people hate Manhasset in general is a list that is way too long for this board!

I'm not from Long Island but have met a number of parents and adults from Manhasset, they all seem to be much more normal than the rest of the long island parents/kids that we encounter when you come down to MD in the summer. Are we missing something?
Manhasset has no rivals!

Thank you, and no, you are not missing something. We are generally good people who respect the game and our competition. The fact that we put a good product on the field garners a certain level of jealousy, which is frequently accompanied by negative commentary and accusations. Thank you for your kind words; an unfortunately rare occurrence on this site.

Others may disagree that you "respect the game" by stacking a team with club team players, holdbacks and kids from other towns and then trying to pass it off as just an ordinary PAL team. That "good product" was fairly dishonest and yet you cannot help congratulating yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying it's OK. I think it is wrong. However, at least I get the point that there is potentially a lucrative career at the end of the rainbow. There is no pot of gold for lacrosse.

pro nfl nba careers are a pipe dream even for most top high schoolers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, buddy. My son is not a reclassed kid, nor are there any on his team. But we have a lot of big kids and we win, so we always get LI parents crying and mumbling after they lose to us.

Seriously, stop with the bullsh*t. If your son plays on the Crabs 2020 team, HE many not be reclassed but there are several that are. This comes straight from Ryan's mouth. Some are indeed on age and just big; others are absolutely reclass. My son also played with several of them boys at Top Prospects; knows them and knows their grade.

So stop pretending - just own it. Crabs has holdbacks. So do a lot of other teams. Don't agree with it, but that is the state of youth lacrosse at this point in time.

Personally, I'd laugh at my son if he asked to reclass. Lacrosse is fun, it's great, I grew up playing myself. But dominating 8th graders proves nothing. Enjoy the season and see you this spring in the NPYLL.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'20 Towns in nassau
1. Manhasset
2. CSH
Big Drop
3. Port Washington
4. GC
Big Drop
5. Long Beach/Massapequ/Farmingdale

Suffolk
1. Islip
2. Smithtown (though they will drop as its 2 highschools combined for one town team right now)
3. Three Village/Ward Melville
4. Huntington
5. West Islip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for this weekend @ The Hill School?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with Nassau, though I thought CSH was better when we played them. Got to have SWR in the suffolk conversation though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, buddy. My son is not a reclassed kid, nor are there any on his team. But we have a lot of big kids and we win, so we always get LI parents crying and mumbling after they lose to us.

Seriously, stop with the bullsh*t. If your son plays on the Crabs 2020 team, HE many not be reclassed but there are several that are. This comes straight from Ryan's mouth. Some are indeed on age and just big; others are absolutely reclass. My son also played with several of them boys at Top Prospects; knows them and knows their grade.

So stop pretending - just own it. Crabs has holdbacks. So do a lot of other teams. Don't agree with it, but that is the state of youth lacrosse at this point in time.

Personally, I'd laugh at my son if he asked to reclass. Lacrosse is fun, it's great, I grew up playing myself. But dominating 8th graders proves nothing. Enjoy the season and see you this spring in the NPYLL.

My son doesn't play for the Crabs, buddy. As you said, the Crabs have reclassed kids, as do many clubs. My point is that anytime a team has some big kids, LI dads start complaining about reclassification.

Get over it. You may not like it, but they've decided to go grade based with youth teams and it's not going to go back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty funny how you guys spend hours agonizing about reclassed kids. Pretty sure your alma mater has reclassed kids on their football and basketball teams, and it didn't bother you then.

Keep crying. Meanwhile, our kids will keep committing to D1 programs. LOL.

kids playing up or down in High isn't the issue, it has been done since sports were introduced into high school. Kids playing down on youth teams is the issue. Leave all the reclass stuff in high school.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would guess that almost half of the private school kids that play lacrosse for the elite club teams in the Baltimore and DC area are holdbacks. Probably 30% to 50% of the rosters for teams like the Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son doesn't play for the Crabs, buddy. As you said, the Crabs have reclassed kids, as do many clubs. My point is that anytime a team has some big kids, LI dads start complaining about reclassification.

Get over it. You may not like it, but they've decided to go grade based with youth teams and it's not going to go back.

It's not just LI parents complaining about reclass kids. It's VA, DC, MD parents as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'20 Towns in nassau
1. Manhasset
2. CSH
Big Drop
3. Port Washington
4. GC
Big Drop
5. Long Beach/Massapequ/Farmingdale

Suffolk
1. Islip
2. Smithtown (though they will drop as its 2 highschools combined for one town team right now)
3. Three Village/Ward Melville
4. Huntington
5. West Islip

Islip? You on drugs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also heard that people from Garden City and Cold Spring Harbour are nice and good at lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also heard that people from Garden City and Cold Spring Harbour are nice and good at lacrosse.

Two great towns with quality parents and kids. Love playing against them because there's never drama on the field or sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looneys will beat all easily

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset has no rivals!

On a whole, very smart, wealthy people in that town. They are extremely adept at giving you a great impression. You'll never see their true thoughts or feelings on anything, way too polished to allow that to happen. Trust me, they'll have you figured out 9 ways to Tuesday inside of a 5 minute conversation. You on the other hand will walk away saying "what nice people". Have you ever heard the expression? "Pulling the wool over your eyes"... Garden City folks cut from the same cloth, Cold Spring similar, but to a lesser degree. I know that sounds cold, but to a great extent, I think it's on point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys schedule is weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are not playing all the teams attending so this may be difficult. It is a play day; not a tournament. Objective is to allow some of the best 2020s to try out their new teams -some have signicant changes so a good test run. Let's not make it more than it is Looneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are not playing all the teams attending so this may be difficult. It is a play day; not a tournament. Objective is to allow some of the best 2020s to try out their new teams -some have signicant changes so a good test run. Let's not make it more than it is Looneys.

It's a tournament, everyone will be watching to see who goes undefeated. Can't wait to see scores! Sounds like someone is making excuses before they even set foot on the field!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are an idiot. When your son is in HS and you (not him) finally grows up, you'll realize that it's about getting better and having fun. Nobody cares who wins these games. It's fun to win, but that's not the point, Dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think their playing Sons next week so i'm sure thats why their not playing them.
Looneys schedule is weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, a bunch of self centered, self entitled, egotistic parents will make excuses why their son (between the ages of 14-16) didn't go undefeated. They will then proceed to complain that their son wasn't given a participation award!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that you think some of the 8th graders this weekend are 16 shows how desperate you are to blame a loss on unfair factors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, a bunch of self centered, self entitled, egotistic parents will make excuses why their son (between the ages of 14-16) didn't go undefeated. They will then proceed to complain that their son wasn't given a participation award!

And don't forget the team who goes undefeated will be blasted for having more hold backs then the other teams in this forum for about 2 months.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that you think some of the 8th graders this weekend are 16 shows how desperate you are to blame a loss on unfair factors.

Do you want some cheese with that wine?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately for the sport, some of them are. Casts an ugly shadow on lacrosse that some kids feel the need to cheat to make themselves look good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And don't forget the team who goes undefeated will be blasted for having more hold backs then the other teams in this forum for about 2 months.

beach lax still gets brought up from time to time...so longer than 2 months.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately for the sport, some of them are. Casts an ugly shadow on lacrosse that some kids feel the need to cheat to make themselves look good

Except no rules are being broken, so no cheating has occurred. Keep crying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids do not feel the need to cheat - the parents do! The kids do not make the decision to pay for another year of private schooling at $15,000 to $30,000. This is all about parent ego's. Little Johnny plays for Boys Latin or Georgetown Prep. Little Johnny is going to play D1! I cannot wait to tell everyone at the country club on Sunday that little Johnny is a stud among his peers. Thank god not everyone can afford to reclassify! I hope it was worth it!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is crying- they are just pointing out that some kids need to play with younger kids and some can play with proper age and some will play with older kids. It's very much like academics- the brightest and best take AP, the solid kids work hard and stay the course, most often end on a solid successful path, and the strugglers are left back so they too can meet with success on their new level. No difference really at all. True talent doesn't need to play down, it's the need to pretend, work the system and ego that drives a parent to alter their kids ACADEMIC path to meet success in lacrosse. In the end maybe the kid is successful and gets into a better school, but can they compete academically? Will they ride the bench when their younger counterparts catch up in strength , speed and height? Quite a gamble and it will only pay off for some. Just remember, the holdback may get to a DI but many of their peers did so without having to do so. Maybe it's not cheating according to the lack of rules, but it is sad and desperate to feel the need to do so, especially considering there is little pay off, in the end. I hope those holdbacks are strong enough not to get beat by their younger, possibly smaller counterparts- it'll make them look far worse than if they stayed with their peers and got beat. Lots of unneeded pressure placed on a kid for no pot of gold at the end. Sad state of affairs... Talent doesn't need to play down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact is that there WILL be 14-16 year olds playing against 13 year olds this weekend. My concern over holdbacks is not an excuse for when my team loses to a bunch of post-pubescent young men. I could care less who wins some meaningless game the day after Halloween. I do care that my son and his team teammates are not severely injured by a kid who actually should be playing on a 2019 or 18 team. Reclassification may not be breaking the rules - BUT - it certainly is lacking in the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally, I really do believe that they majority of "top" teams have PLENTY of kids that have birthdays before 9/1. And in my mind, if you have a birthday before 9/1 you are a hold back. It doesn't matter if you have been held back before K or during Junior High, you are still a hold back. The point is, at this age the advantage does go to the older kids. We won't know for a few years if they are actually better, or if they look like a stud now because they are older. My son plays on a top team and it is loaded with "hold backs" most started school late, only a few have repeated 8th, but they are all the same. For 2020s you should be born after 8/31/01. If you are born before that, you are a hold back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is crying- they are just pointing out that some kids need to play with younger kids and some can play with proper age and some will play with older kids. It's very much like academics- the brightest and best take AP, the solid kids work hard and stay the course, most often end on a solid successful path, and the strugglers are left back so they too can meet with success on their new level. No difference really at all. True talent doesn't need to play down, it's the need to pretend, work the system and ego that drives a parent to alter their kids ACADEMIC path to meet success in lacrosse. In the end maybe the kid is successful and gets into a better school, but can they compete academically? Will they ride the bench when their younger counterparts catch up in strength , speed and height? Quite a gamble and it will only pay off for some. Just remember, the holdback may get to a DI but many of their peers did so without having to do so. Maybe it's not cheating according to the lack of rules, but it is sad and desperate to feel the need to do so, especially considering there is little pay off, in the end. I hope those holdbacks are strong enough not to get beat by their younger, possibly smaller counterparts- it'll make them look far worse than if they stayed with their peers and got beat. Lots of unneeded pressure placed on a kid for no pot of gold at the end. Sad state of affairs... Talent doesn't need to play down.

Desperate is right! Seen some older kids cry like little babies when they get smoked by by legit age kids. I want to say I feel bad for the kid a little but superglad to see the upset parent try to comfort their son who is now just know a cheating loser that they created! Keep cheating, we'll keep laughing! Not worried about this for my son, just shake my head in disgust that parent would stoop so low. This is why people from other countries hate Americans. This exact type of cheating behavior in all aspects of some people's lives. SAD!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a tournament, everyone will be watching to see who goes undefeated. Can't wait to see scores! Sounds like someone is making excuses before they even set foot on the field!

Is it so hard for you to believe that something is not about a trophy and claiming to be a winner? Must be the late to the PLAY DAY Team because their tournament fell through. It was conceived by a handful of teams invited by Rising Sons as an informal play day, the waiver says Play day and all communications from the original teams say Play Day. Relax uber competitive dad, you will have plenty of tournaments to brag about but this is not one of them - there will be no champion crowned for these 13 and 14 year olds today who just want to play the game at a high level and not be labelled by their parents as winners or losers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it so hard for you to believe that something is not about a trophy and claiming to be a winner? Must be the late to the PLAY DAY Team because their tournament fell through. It was conceived by a handful of teams invited by Rising Sons as an informal play day, the waiver says Play day and all communications from the original teams say Play Day. Relax uber competitive dad, you will have plenty of tournaments to brag about but this is not one of them - there will be no champion crowned for these 13 and 14 year olds today who just want to play the game at a high level and not be labelled by their parents as winners or losers.

True, but everything counts. People will be looking for the stand out teams and players today. There will be lots of chatter later today about team performance, like it or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, but everything counts. People will be looking for the stand out teams and players today. There will be lots of chatter later today about team performance, like it or not.

Never said there would not be chatter but your facts were wrong and there is a big difference between the two. Looneys and FCA were both scheduled at different venues this weekend and asked to come to this play day -all are great teams to be there but do not ruin it by making it more than it is. Play days are often better for the teams and the boys due to limited entry of teams of the same caliber and costs are lower. In the end, most of the boys just want to play high level lacrosse and the uber competitive parents are ruining it for them always wanting a winner and loser and as most know who are familiar with the recruiting it is not about who wins. Just let them play the game they love and stop making it about you and bragging rights.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs will win the play day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results in yet at the Hill? Is there a web site to follow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results in yet at the Hill? Is there a web site to follow

The degree to which you (and others) are breathlessly awaiting the results of a Fall play day is a little strange.....just saying.

Page 26 of 90 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard