BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22
Re: High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
not from the town... but how can a current College asst be a HS head coach! There is not enough time in the day.

I think that person meant that he's a college asst coach now, but slated to take over at Sayville

You made that as clear as mud... Question is... will he quit his College post to coach Sayville. if not, LOOK OUT!!!

What college?

Please don't say Hartwick

If you were Sayville Royalty you would already know. Unfortunately, I can't share that info with outsiders. We live by a code that you'll never understand.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most college D2 and D3 asst's barely make gas money. A HS gig at 5k+ will more than double their salary. Collage assts do it just for the resume boost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not from the town... but how can a current College asst be a HS head coach! There is not enough time in the day.

I think that person meant that he's a college asst coach now, but slated to take over at Sayville

You made that as clear as mud... Question is... will he quit his College post to coach Sayville. if not, LOOK OUT!!!

What college?

If you were Sayville Royalty you would already know. Unfortunately, I can't share that info with outsiders. We live by a code that you'll never understand.

And wouldn't want to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is the new boys varsity head coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What college?

Hey Royalty, when you try to shelter your young, they grow up unable to fend for themselves. Weak, clueless, and always looking to Mom & Dad for help. It never benefits the kids in the long run.

Remember how it ended for the Romanovs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is the new boys varsity head coach

The varsity boys lacrosse coach at Sayville HS will be announced next week. Be careful what you wish for....

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[quote=Anonymous]not from the town... but how can a current College asst be a HS head coach! There is not enough time in the day.

What college?

Hey Royalty, when you try to shelter your young, they grow up unable to fend for themselves. Weak, clueless, and always looking to Mom & Dad for help. It never benefits the kids in the long run.

Remember how it ended for the Romanovs. [/quote

Hear, hear!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]not from the town... but how can a current College asst be a HS head coach! There is not enough time in the day.

What college?

Remember how it ended for the Romanovs. [/quote

Hear, hear!

Are there any Bolsheviks in Sayville? Rise up!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, of course he'd quit the college job. Can't do both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Close to home and more money who wouldn't quit?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Close to home and more money who wouldn't quit?

This saga should be a Reality TV Show

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What college?

You do realize that we're discussing high school lacrosse, right? Your implication that my son's future will be adversely affected because of a coaching change is ludicrous. Do you truly believe that he'll destined to sell hot dogs and invisible dogs at local parades for a living because of this?? You need to get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What college?

You do realize that we're discussing high school lacrosse, right? Your implication that my son's future will be adversely affected because of a coaching change is ludicrous. Do you truly believe that he'll destined to sell hot dogs and invisible dogs at local parades for a living because of this?? You need to get over it.

A coach totally changed the course of my life, set me on the path to a great life. Fathers with weak wills and an overly protective approach to parenting can harm a young persons progression to manhood. Stop trying to be his buddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You made that as clear as mud... Question is... will he quit his College post to coach Sayville. if not, LOOK

A coach totally changed the course of my life, set me on the path to a great life. Fathers with weak wills and an overly protective approach to parenting can harm a young persons progression to manhood. Stop trying to be his buddy.

This is exactly why there is a new coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Spare the rod, spoil the child or The pain of discipline is nothing like the pain of disappointment....

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This may not be a lacrosse story but my high school soccer coach influenced me and my life far beyond my years of playing for him. He is still a friend after almost 30 years. His words of encouragement and also constructive criticism echo in my head to this day. He grounded me at a time when I thought I was infallible and invincible. Thank you to those who feel its more than just a paycheck and take a vested interest in the young lives that they help mold.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You made that as clear as mud... Question is... will he quit his College post to coach Sayville. if not, LOOK

Care to elaborate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because a few parents are too involved and manipulative? Because a few parents will stop at nothing to get their son playing time? Because a few parents feel their son is not being treated fairly because he's not receiving special treatment? Once again, super lame. Bring in a sycophant who will bend to the will of the Board and Super who are absolutely clueless about coaching and mentoring kids. I want a coach who will help me develop my son into a well adjusted man, not a little boy who needs Mommy and Daddy to hold their hand through life. Truly pathetic behavior and the only people who will suffer are the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would a HS coach ask if any kids play travel and for what team on the winter open gym sign up sheet? If you don't play travel you're no good? If you don't play for the right travel team you're penalized?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would a HS coach ask if any kids play travel and for what team on the winter open gym sign up sheet? If you don't play travel you're no good? If you don't play for the right travel team you're penalized?

Why must you jump to such a negative assumption. The reason could be one of many. I coach in Suffolk for a strong program and I inquire who is playing travel and where so I know what kids have may have conflicts. I also want to know who is playing where so I can give my feedback regarding that program to the parents and also if I know the coaches of the travel program, I can speak with them about how he is playing. There are money grabs out there and I want my kids to avoid them. Nothing nefarious and I agree with another poster. It is parents like you sir that ruin programs. We are not out to get you and your child. We do not invest 100's of hours over the course of a year to coach these kids because we are lavished with loads of cash. We love the sport and our reward is watching kids succeed on the field and in life. You can thank us with a hand shake as a show of appreciation, not a knife in the back. First and last time posting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
-Started the program from nothing

-4 Suffolk County Championship Appearances

-2 Suffolk County Championships

-1 Long Island Championship

-All within a 15 year span since the program's inaugural season

-Nationally recognized program

-Numerous High School and College All Americans

-Has sent more student athletes to college to play lacrosse then all of the sports in Sayville combined.

-No other program in Suffolk County (which is one of the top hotbeds for lacrosse in the nation) has had the success of Sayville in the past decade other then West Islip.

These are just the facts. They are ruining something special that was only going to keep getting better. It's a sad state of affairs for High School Lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why must you jump to such a negative assumption. The reason could be one of many. I coach in Suffolk for a strong program and I inquire who is playing travel and where so I know what kids have may have conflicts. I also want to know who is playing where so I can give my feedback regarding that program to the parents and also if I know the coaches of the travel program, I can speak with them about how he is playing. There are money grabs out there and I want my kids to avoid them. Nothing nefarious and I agree with another poster. It is parents like you sir that ruin programs. We are not out to get you and your child. We do not invest 100's of hours over the course of a year to coach these kids because we are lavished with loads of cash. We love the sport and our reward is watching kids succeed on the field and in life. You can thank us with a hand shake as a show of appreciation, not a knife in the back. First and last time posting.

Never asked in any other sport so you have to ask why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please, you guys have learned how to turn something good into a negative. A coach wants to know what they have, wants to know where they're are at.

for each school that does this and I will give you 5 more that the parents wished their HS coaches did this. Delicate balance being a HS coach of a sport known in a specific region. ask any Florida or texas football coaches they'll say the same thing...

I just cant believe winning coaches are getting the axe especially when there are plenty of losing coaches or 500 coaches who should be dragged out of town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so sad. Welcome to the New American Way. Punish those who succeed where you failed. I guess you have to fight for your kid, because you know deep down in side that their failure was yours.

My kids know only the best players play. They've know it from day 1. If they want to be the ones playing, THEY need to make that happen by being the best at their position, working well in the team and keeping the coach happy. Because the coach is the boss. And in the real world you need to keep the boss happy - by being the best at your position, working well in the team AND ... keeping the boss happy. Sound familiar? There is no secret ingredient except hard work and playing nicely with others. And maybe if you work hard and you work smart one day you'll be the boss.

If you didn't teach your kid that shame on you for your failure as a parent. As a parent, I don't give a crap what sport my kids play as long as they learn those 3 things.

So if you're so smart that you think the coach is wrong, well, the position is available so maybe you should apply? Oh, maybe you don't know [lacrosse] about parenting or lacrosse either? You're under qualified for both it seems. But go ahead and punish the guy who spent a big portion of his life building the program from nothing so you can feel better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys I don't think this is a parent problem. It was an issue the BOE and superintendent had with the coach sticking up for his program. The JV assistant coach position was taken away early January while the guy thought he would be coaching already. Coach D was fighting for his position, not to mention Coach D coached the Varsity team by himself with NO assistant. .let's see some other guys try that. Coach D and the team end up beating the #1 seed in OT and lose in county finals by 1, yeah let's fire that guy. I really hope the boe can find some common ground and work something out. My son had an unbelievable experience with coach D and I want my little guy to have the same. Coach D is down to earth, totally approachable, honest and has to be one of the hardest working coaches around. He is involved top to bottom in the lax program, he is the program. Let's do the right thing or we will lose him .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately the BOE have big egos. They would rather destroy the program than be perceived as weak. So we will get a new coach. I hope that he's good but am skeptical. Vw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately the BOE have big egos. They would rather destroy the program than be perceived as weak. So we will get a new coach. I hope that he's good but am skeptical. Vw

Why is it suddenly acceptable to rollover and acquiesce to what the board wishes? The board serves us! We need to be heard in the loudest and clearest possible way. Just because the Super is sneaking out the back door and his final act is to can the best possible coach we could think of having for our kids does NOT mean we should allow it to happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bet they wouldn't do this to football, if the coach tried to do the best thing for his program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most BOE's could care less about sports you are giving them way too much credit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who never asked in any other sport?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never said that we should just roll over but unfortunately it is the BOE who will make the decision. I doubt that they won't be reelected over a lacrosse coach. From what I've heard Dr.S actually relented and recommended Coach D's reinstatement. The board flipped out saying that they supported his removal on Dr.S's say so and now you can't just change your mind and make us look bad. POLITICS will be the downfall of the program!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's lacrosse dad. Tell you kid to work on his STEM studies. I would guess about 90% of you guys arguing don't have a clue what that is without googling it. Sad dad, very sad.

And don't forget to vote. Only about 20% of LI's will vote today. I am guessing you are in the 80%.

But my kid gets his name in newsday when he scores a goal and some $55,000 a year liberal arts college that I never heard of wants to give him $7,500 to play so I couldn't be prouder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never said that we should just roll over but unfortunately it is the BOE who will make the decision. I doubt that they won't be reelected over a lacrosse coach. From what I've heard Dr.S actually relented and recommended Coach D's reinstatement. The board flipped out saying that they supported his removal on Dr.S's say so and now you can't just change your mind and make us look bad. POLITICS will be the downfall of the program!

That's a sad statement. If the BoE isn't making ALL decisions in the best interest of the community, they should be voted out. This entire situation has gone well beyond the pale of what is acceptable behavior. Stop pointing fingers and do the right thing by our kids and community.

High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by jackstraw
What about the PW coach? Why did he leave?? Who is going to take his spot??

Port is still looking for a coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a sad statement. If the BoE isn't making ALL decisions in the best interest of the community, they should be voted out. This entire situation has gone well beyond the pale of what is acceptable behavior. Stop pointing fingers and do the right thing by our kids and community.

The reality is the BOE and 95% of the rest of any school district could care less about the lacrosse program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reality is the BOE and 95% of the rest of any school district could care less about the lacrosse program.

95% of the town couldn't care less about the vast majority of issues considered by the BoE, but I still want them to represent my views and do what is in the best interest of our community on every single issues. No exceptions.

See you all Thursday evening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In our district the question should be:

What if the Coaches are not making all decisions in the best interest of the players? Should they be removed?

Just like what was said above:

Stop pointing fingers and dividing the community and do what is best for the players. Not what is best for your bank account.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In our district the question should be:

What if the Coaches are not making all decisions in the best interest of the players? Should they be removed?

Just like what was said above:

Stop pointing fingers and dividing the community and do what is best for the players. Not what is best for your bank account.

That's a fair statement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

95% of the town couldn't care less about the vast majority of issues considered by the BoE, but I still want them to represent my views and do what is in the best interest of our community on every single issues. No exceptions.

Maybe you should go to more BOE meetings. Thursday will be your second. Hardly a credible voice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should go to more BOE meetings. Thursday will be your second. Hardly a credible voice.

You are either on the right side of an issue or the wrong side, regardless of how many BoE meetings have been attended. Someone said John Danowski isn't coming to coach Sayville lacrosse so stick with the guy who is a proven winner and from most accounts, a great mentor and influence for our kids.

BoE, have the guts to make the right call and set aside egos.

Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard