BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23
Re: Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Makes sense most of those players are already 16.

It was just a matter of time. You do realize that holdbacks are a boys lacrosse issue for the most part right? Girls don't switch schools to repeat 8th grade like the boys do. If a girl is older, it' because she went to prefirst which is a very, very small percentage of girls. Some of the girls that committed this week just turned 15 in the last month.

Maybe the coaches have seen the YJ 2019 Blue team and decided there is no one there worth offering yet.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

It was just a matter of time. You do realize that holdbacks are a boys lacrosse issue for the most part right? Girls don't switch schools to repeat 8th grade like the boys do. If a girl is older, it' because she went to prefirst which is a very, very small percentage of girls. Some of the girls that committed this week just turned 15 in the last month.

Maybe the coaches have seen the YJ 2019 Blue team and decided there is no one there worth offering yet.

I knew a girl who did just that, switched schools to reclassify. Not lacrosse, but it happens. And I thought from reading here that it happens more in MD where everyone goes to private schools. Maybe I'm misremembering.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just heard about Maryland getting commitments from several 2019's. Is that just rumor?

No, a whole bunch of 2019 girls from MD committed this weekend.

How do you find this stuff out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just heard about Maryland getting commitments from several 2019's. Is that just rumor?

No, a whole bunch of 2019 girls from MD committed this weekend.

How do you find this stuff out?

Because I have a 2019 son that is friends with them. They all post their commitments on Instagram. I know of at least 5 2019 M&D and Skywalkers girls that committed to MD this week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is "PREFIRST"? Sorry, I'm old school - isn't that normally kindergarten? I'm not surprised that it's mainly the private school girls doing it - that's an extra year of tuition that they are squeezing out of the parents. The public schools just seem to want to get people through the system and graduated.
Have any public school players from Maryland committed?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is "PREFIRST"? Sorry, I'm old school - isn't that normally kindergarten? I'm not surprised that it's mainly the private school girls doing it - that's an extra year of tuition that they are squeezing out of the parents. The public schools just seem to want to get people through the system and graduated.

Yes. A couple of them were public school girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Islip (Long Island for the out of towners) 2019 committed to UNC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prefirst is where some private schools put kids that have late spring or summer birthdays so that they are not so young entering first grade. Again, done more often with boys as they develop slower and may not be ready for 1st grade when they just turn 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope these parents know what they are doing. could be a long 4 years for a kid in the wrong place. Coaches have nothing to lose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is sad on so many levels

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In state tuition for Maryland kids is very cheap (probably 1/3 the cost of Northwestern or Notre Dame), so they don't have to eat up a lot of scholarship money on local players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has been happening for a number of years, girls committing before ever playing varsity. I hope it works out for each of them no! need to be negative. If this isn't what works for you then go ahead and do what works best for you and your family

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for her! Congratulations to the girl and her parents. I do not think it is sad at all in fact I think it's great!

Do you have any idea of how difficult it is to get into UNC? US News ranks UNC 30!
Do you have any idea of the caliber of athlete UNC recruits?

Why should she wait? What school should she hold out for? If something changes on either side (coach or player) she will have a ton of options. If UNC recruited her I can guarantee that just about every other coach would be happy to have her.

Great Job and I wish this young lady all the best and future success in all that
she does.

Congrats again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has been happening for a number of years, girls committing before ever playing varsity. I hope it works out for each of them no! need to be negative. If this isn't what works for you then go ahead and do what works best for you and your family

There's a good chance she has at least 1 (probably 2) years of varsity experience already. Girls on LI can play as early as 7th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to her! She is a good player on a below average HS team, so yes, she played varsity as a Middle schooler. According to MSG Varsity she had 19 goals and 12 assists as an 8th grader, however, it should be noted that 6 of those points (5Gs, 1A) were against a far inferior team from Moriches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you find this info?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you find this info?

Twitter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for her! Congratulations to the girl and her parents. I do not think it is sad at all in fact I think it's great!

Do you have any idea of how difficult it is to get into UNC? US News ranks UNC 30!

Why should she wait? What school should she hold out for? If something changes on either side (coach or player) she will have a ton of options. If UNC recruited her I can guarantee that just about every other coach would be happy to have her.

Great Job and I wish this young lady all the best and future success in all that
she does.

Congrats again

First off ,its sad in that everyone including the coaches involved and the parents know that this is too young. Go ahead ask the coaches. Its also sad in that you are going to get a lot of disappointed coaches and kids .Unless some kid is a freak athlete how do the coaches know what these kids will turn into.In this case I know that this early commitment has raised a lot of eye brows of those familiar with the player as UNC has in the recent past taken a pass on very athletic kids (AA caliber) who were highly regarded by both their peers and other coaches.So yes I think overall its sad that this process is so sped up. But yes congrats to this young lady and I hope it works out for her and her future coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

she does.

Congrats again

First off ,its sad in that everyone including the coaches involved and the parents know that this is too young. Go ahead ask the coaches. Its also sad in that you are going to get a lot of disappointed coaches and kids .Unless some kid is a freak athlete how do the coaches know what these kids will turn into.In this case I know that this early commitment has raised a lot of eye brows of those familiar with the player as UNC has in the recent past taken a pass on very athletic kids (AA caliber) who were highly regarded by both their peers and other coaches.So yes I think overall its sad that this process is so sped up. But yes congrats to this young lady and I hope it works out for her and her future coaches.

Why is it too young? Girls who are the best athletes in the 9th and 10th grade are most likely to be at the top in 11th and 12th grade as well. College coaches have been watching 8th, 9th, and 10th grade girls for a long time. They know that most of the girls who excel at that age are the ones who will excel in college.

There are no guarantees in life, first round NFL picks don't always work out. Some early commits will become college All Americans some will stop playing. There is no way to make sure that everything will be a good fit. There is no right time. If a college coach likes the player and the player and the parents feel that the school will be a good fit why should they not commit?

Lots of jealous parents out there.

I am very happy for the girl and the parents.

The only thing that is sad are the jealous parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High School Lacrosse is not important with regard to the recruiting process. Boys and girls are recruited through their club team. College coaches are able to watch the best players from all over the country compete against each other on the tournament circuit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The process is SAD because they are way to young and this all consuming craziness to verbal robs kids their time of being kids.

I hope this new proposed ncaa guideline on no signings until 11th grade go through. This early signing crap continues to erode this great game. PAL sidelines are a mess at 2nd, 3rd 4th grade because everyone is already playing selfishly looking towards college recruitment. Sideline jealousy in lacrosse is second to none. No other sport has these toxic sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's sad and wrong because the only one that can lose is the student. Do you think for one minute it matters to a coach if a player doesn't pan out ? Some of these teams have 45 roster spots, so if they miss ,no big deal. a 2019 is closer to being an elementary school student then she is to being a college freshman. If she is a can't miss type of player she probably will remain so, unless she grows, doesn't grow, loses interest, meets a boy, or God forbid gets injured.

I do congratulate this young lady and all the others that share this type of talent, but why rush such a big decision ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The process is SAD because they are way to young and this all consuming craziness to verbal robs kids their time of being kids.

I hope this new proposed ncaa guideline on no signings until 11th grade go through. This early signing crap continues to erode this great game. PAL sidelines are a mess at 2nd, 3rd 4th grade because everyone is already playing selfishly looking towards college recruitment. Sideline jealousy in lacrosse is second to none. No other sport has these toxic sidelines.

I agree with you in hoping that the proposed NCCA guideline goes through. I have to wonder about it. The ones proposing it are the same ones doing the early recruiting. Kind of like having the fox guard the henhouse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Engaging in early recruiting while advocating the newly proposed "September 1 of junior year" rule is not inconsistent at all.

These coaches are hired to win, and in this recruiting environment, if one of the top d1 schools were to hold back until the beginning of junior year on principle, it would suffer a significant competitive disadvantage.

The current reality is that most top recruits are not waiting until junior year to commit, certainly not in this environment, with the exception of the Ivies and a handful of others, and coaches know that.

The proposed rule would change the current situation for the better - a uniform date for all to be guided by. Until then, the overarching principle will be to recruit the best class possible - regardless of recruitment age.

Let's hope the proposal passes - it makes sense and hurts no one in the process. Apparently, 85% of college coaches support it. Every school gets to reach out at the same time, and the recruits will be that much more mature, both physically and emotionally.

I only hope that it becomes effective for a specific class year that has not begun the recruiting process, to avoid confusion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the meantime my 2020 YJ is trying to be the first one in her group. Doesn't matter that she is trick or treating tomorrow she is clearly mature enough to know what she wants to do for the rest of her life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me again why it is bad for 9th or 10th grade boy or girl to accept an offer from:

North Carolina, Northwestern, Duke, Maryland, Hopkins, Penn State, USC, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Boston College, Virginia, Georgetown, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Penn, Cornell Etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me again why it is bad for 9th or 10th grade boy or girl to accept an offer from:

North Carolina, Northwestern, Duke, Maryland, Hopkins, Penn State, USC, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Boston College, Virginia, Georgetown, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Penn, Cornell Etc...

Penn State and Syracuse might be great lax schools but not top academic schools

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
it's sad and wrong because the only one that can lose is the student. Do you think for one minute it matters to a coach if a player doesn't pan out ? Some of these teams have 45 roster spots, so if they miss ,no big deal. a 2019 is closer to being an elementary school student then she is to being a college freshman. If she is a can't miss type of player she probably will remain so, unless she grows, doesn't grow, loses interest, meets a boy, or God forbid gets injured.

I do congratulate this young lady and all the others that share this type of talent, but why rush such a big decision ?

Agree. What child, because that's what she is, knows how to weigh her options and wisely choose? Face it, even the seniors who choose a college and major very often change their minds.

Plus, IME, a girl's body in 9th grade is not what her body will be in 12th grade. What you see at 13 or 14 is not what you get at 18. There's no guarantee that super-speedy player will have that speed and agility in four years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Penn State and Syracuse might be great lax schools but not top academic schools

I would say all of the schools listed are top academic schools .

You must be another one of the jealous haters that troll this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then do some homework and quit drinking your directors kool aid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of bitterness, jealousy and hate on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of bitterness, jealousy and hate on here.

system is totally broken and parents are nuts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to her! She is a good player on a below average HS team, so yes, she played varsity as a Middle schooler. According to MSG Varsity she had 19 goals and 12 assists as an 8th grader, however, it should be noted that 6 of those points (5Gs, 1A) were against a far inferior team from Moriches.

Another success story from someone who left the top guns program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or another poaching success by acquiring talent instead of developing it? A 5th grader could coach these girls. Roll out the balls and stay out of the way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or another poaching success by acquiring talent instead of developing it? A 5th grader could coach these girls. Roll out the balls and stay out of the way

No offense but kid was moved to second TG team so she left . 2019 YJ team may actually be more successful if coached by a 5th grader .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Verdict is in. Mnd 1. Heroes 2a. YJ 2b. Then the rest. Mnd dads win for most coaching during a game. Embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Verdict is in. Mnd 1. Heroes 2a. YJ 2b. Then the rest. Mnd dads win for most coaching during a game. Embarrassing.

Sorry, I would have to disagree with you about the MnD dads - TLC Red moms and dads have them beat hands down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No offense but kid was moved to second TG team so she left . 2019 YJ team may actually be more successful if coached by a 5th grader .

I believe you are mistaken on how that went down. She played up in age on the top team, when she was supposed to drop down to her own age group she left. She would have been one of the top girls on black in her own age but walked away. Just as many of the top girls from 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 walked away. I have yet to see that happen going the other way . I find it so sad that I have to come on here to defend some little girl because people make sh@t up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe you are mistaken on how that went down. She played up in age on the top team, when she was supposed to drop down to her own age group she left. She would have been one of the top girls on black in her own age but walked away. Just as many of the top girls from 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 walked away. I have yet to see that happen going the other way . I find it so sad that I have to come on here to defend some little girl because people make sh@t up.

She played on TG 2019 black for one season and then felt the need to leave...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She played on TG 2019 black for one season and then felt the need to leave...

Or she was enticed to leave with an offer (aka stolen, aka poached aka hijacked)

Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard