BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 44 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The man-child reference seems to imply a big, strong player that has hit puperty early and can physically dominate players. It's not just that, to dominate you still need some good skill, but the differentiating factor is hitting puberty early. While it can make some players seems like absolute stars in those middle school years, I don't think it serves their development well. Because they start to rely on being able to physically overpower players, bodying them, etc and don't need to focus as much on refining dodging technique, speed development. Then several years later in HS everybody catches up with their growth spurts and playing that game to physically overwhelm doesn't work. Then the players that didn't have the middle school size advantage but have great skills/speed start to outshine. So there is the potential that being big early can hinder players' development ... to their detriment down the road.

He was indeed a very skilled player, big, but not huge but definitely more athletically developed. Anyone who played youth sports through HS is well aware of the stories of the dominant bigger players in 8th grade fading as the rest of the kids worked through puberty. It's a tough period of years to be a youth athlete. No doubt that those dominant kids in 8th grade could continue to be standouts but what often happens is that once their size can't help them they are not willing to devote the time and effort to become better lacrosse players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't look like they suck so far.
Our icon kids? I guess your jealous some kids from your icon team moved on and your kid didn't make it.
Channy is coaching this team the waterboy has nothing to do with who is on the field. My kid is new to the team and from what I saw at the last couple of tournaments is this waterboy helping the kids out and being positive. My son told me that he's a nice guy and feels like he looks out for the team. Chaney has the reputation of playing the kids who are going to bring home the win, he doesn't care who your friends with. This kind of team doesn't work for every kid or family.

There's no need to speak negative about a team you clearly have no clue about.
People like you have a big mouth when you can post anonymously. If you have a problem with the guy either confront him or move on. You remain anonymous but everyone knows who your talking about,That doesn't seem to fair.

Not familiar with the waterboy but Im on my fourth kid in travel lacrosse and have seen it evolve to the point where a parent will do just about anything to get and keep his kid on the field. By now, I have, or think I have, seen it all. If anybody thinks the waterboy isn't acting out of some degree of self interest you are kidding yourself. Instead of knocking anonymous posters on an anonymous message board maybe the waterboy should get a little self respect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy wouldn't care who you are if the kid isn't playing up to level he wouldn't play them.
He would bench his own kid -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your saying everyone who volunteers always has a hidden agenda?
And if you volunteer you have no self respect ?
It's one thing to be a seasoned lacrosse dad but it's another to loose faith in humanity.
The negativity is like poison - you don't even know the person but assume off the bat its for the wrong reason. Maybe you been around too long it's time to retire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your saying everyone who volunteers always has a hidden agenda?
And if you volunteer you have no self respect ?
It's one thing to be a seasoned lacrosse dad but it's another to loose faith in humanity.
The negativity is like poison - you don't even know the person but assume off the bat its for the wrong reason. Maybe you been around too long it's time to retire.

Faith in humanity. You're joking right? Hilarious!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't look like they suck so far.
Our icon kids? I guess your jealous some kids from your icon team moved on and your kid didn't make it.
Channy is coaching this team the waterboy has nothing to do with who is on the field. My kid is new to the team and from what I saw at the last couple of tournaments is this waterboy helping the kids out and being positive. My son told me that he's a nice guy and feels like he looks out for the team. Chaney has the reputation of playing the kids who are going to bring home the win, he doesn't care who your friends with. This kind of team doesn't work for every kid or family.

There's no need to speak negative about a team you clearly have no clue about.
People like you have a big mouth when you can post anonymously. If you have a problem with the guy either confront him or move on. You remain anonymous but everyone knows who your talking about,That doesn't seem to fair.

Not familiar with the waterboy but Im on my fourth kid in travel lacrosse and have seen it evolve to the point where a parent will do just about anything to get and keep his kid on the field. By now, I have, or think I have, seen it all. If anybody thinks the waterboy isn't acting out of some degree of self interest you are kidding yourself. Instead of knocking anonymous posters on an anonymous message board maybe the waterboy should get a little self respect.

Waterboy? You guys aren't referring to TC, are you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To add a bit of common sense with such a large roster , why is it the 2nd express team has been ignored the past two years , when two strong teams can be made? The 2nd team was ultra strong years ago , now its left out to dry ! kids standing on the sidelines of channy's team in hope of getting 2-3 minutes of play during a game does absolutely nothing but mentally break down a kid , its fall and as it get closer to spring and summer these kids wont see playtime at all. . Why cant Channy split the team up and do these kids a favor , still having competitive teams and not short changing development which is running out of time at this point closing the gap into HS.
Parents insist on accepting this type of treatment for bragging rights and not whats good for their kid. If you look at the larger picture this is not only true for express but 91 Orange as well .

The Key word for you is new, so I will cut u a break. FYI Channy
Will be at 60% of the games next summer, and you
Are losing less, that when the nice guy plays all is
Kid friends, been like that for 3 years, nothing will change .
Your kid will get bumped for a non paying guess player,
Please write back to me end of July, let's see if you feel
The same way.

Express Team two is a complete waste of money. There is no interest of them developing it. You can't even get consistent coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello u got it, big fake

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shaping up to be a nice weekend this for 2021's
Duke's
Leading Edge
Igloo
Express
Cooper's
Sweetlax
91 MD
Madlax
Good Luck to all safe travel's

They have teams split into 2 brackets.

Igloo, Express, Dukes, and Coopers
91 Orange, Madlax, Leading Edge, and Sweetlax

Top 2 from each make semis on Sunday. Will be interesting to see the top 4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes will not win a game. O fer

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes will not win a game. O fer

Igloo
Expess
Leading Edge
Koopers

Is my guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy 91 wins that bracket ,soft comp.
Igloo and express should come out of that harder bracket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy 91 wins that bracket ,soft comp.
Igloo and express should come out of that harder bracket

It is 91 Maryland, not 91 Orange.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you say that ? Are they that bad ? Have you seen them play ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you say that ? Are they that bad ? Have you seen them play ?

Have not seen 91 MD play. They may be a good team. Just stating the 91 Orange and 91 MD are not the same team. A previous post stated that 91 Orange will be at this tournament. Orange is playing at Trilogy. Good luck to all teams at Battle on the Bay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was referring to the comment regardring the Dukes would not win a game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Legacy Greyhounds are the legacy 2021 A team. They did have a large turnover, but picked up a few solid kids from 91 Orange (heat) and a few others who have talent. Like any team in the fall, the kids need to learn to trust eachother and then they can start playing Lax as a team.
Right now the Greyhounds are unproven. They play fl$ next weekend in Massachusetts, so will see where they stand as a team in your "A" List.
But again, this is the fall. Let's talk again about this team and every other team in the spring and summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has 29 kids on the B team, Channy does.
So with the 26 on the A team, he should make 3 teams. But they should have 22-23 kids like all other teams. His B team is 29 wo any goalies. Some kid walked off the street to play. Not even on team
Express is a joke. A team is talented though, but organization is on its way down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are looking at it all wrong. He is doing whatever he can to field the most talented team he can. Obviously he is not content with the team he has at this time. 91 winning it all at WSYL and all four 91 teams winning at NLF has put him under major pressure to prove they are the equal to 91. If people are unhappy they should move to another program. Long Island is filled with great summer programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greyhounds got beat by a lot at the Legacy tournament and the Titans looked better than Greyhounds that day. Agreed Fall Ball means nothing but when most of the team leaves they have to prove they are still the A team for Legacy. Picking up 91 Orange kids means nothing. Many of the Igloo, Express team 1 and 91 Orange kids that got cut by those teams or tried out for another top 5 team had trouble making the top 5 teams and either went back to the top 4 teams if they could get back their spot or fell to B or B plus teams like legacy, Avalanche, fl$ and Ambush. They are not difference makers. Time will tell but the Greyhounds need to do a lot better than an 8-2 loss to Avalanche when the Titans lost to Avalanche that same day 6-2.

The Legacy Greyhounds are the legacy 2021 A team. They did have a large turnover, but picked up a few solid kids from 91 Orange (heat) and a few others who have talent. Like any team in the fall, the kids need to learn to trust eachother and then they can start playing Lax as a team.
Right now the Greyhounds are unproven. They play fl$ next weekend in Massachusetts, so will see where they stand as a team in your "A" List.
But again, this is the fall. Let's talk again about this team and every other team in the spring and summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So with the 26 on the A team, he should make 3 teams. But they should have 22-23 kids like all other teams. His B team is 29 wo any goalies. Some kid walked off the street to play. Not even on team
Express is a joke. A team is talented though, but organization is on its way down

How stupid can parents be to allow a 29+ and 26+ man roster and then have kids walk on the field for tournaments? You people are getting fleeced for the "honor" of playing of the Express? Are you serious? The greatest money grab ever pulled off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo
Expess
Leading Edge
Koopers

Day 1 scores for Express: 14 - 1 vs. 91 MD, 10 - 3 vs. Dukes, and 10 - 6 vs. Koopers. Anybody have any other scores for Igloo or other teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go Long Island. Looks like over the last few weeks Long Island 5th best and under teams gave Express more competition. These teams should all come to Long Island. But they never will. Good luck.

quote=Anonymous]Igloo
Expess
Leading Edge
Koopers

Day 1 scores for Express: 14 - 1 vs. 91 MD, 10 - 3 vs. Dukes, and 10 - 6 vs. Koopers. Anybody have any other scores for Igloo or other teams? [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great. Very impressive. Please post how Igloo did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great. Very impressive. Please post how Igloo did.

Like Express, they also went 3-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the igloos and express train are headed for a collision course in the finals ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Koopers is a solid team. They played Black Ice and only lost 7-3 last summer.
Making me think Express has really built a strong team who can now compete against Black Ice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is a lot of kids paid money to sit an watch Icon none paying kids play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's rough for sure if true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG there is only two kids from Icon on the team but at least they are in seventh grade.Just get over it and stop being jealous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me clear up 2021
Best coaching=Icon 2 world team coaches
Express= Suckers - parents pay while guest players play the whole game for free
Guest players father whores kid out.
Icon laughs at stupidity
The guest kid plays for FREE U MORONS PAY As CHANNY disrespects ALL
OF YOU IN The NAME Of fChaminade. Just the way it is
Grow a pair and stop thinking this isn't u we are laughing at
Btw enjoy your son sitting as guest player craps on you. Tolls alone make you all a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]Let me clear up 2021
Best coaching=Icon 2 world team coaches
Express= Suckers - parents pay while guest players play the whole game for free
Guest players father whores kid out.
Icon laughs at stupidity
The guest kid plays for FREE U MORONS PAY As CHANNY disrespects ALL
OF YOU IN The NAME Of fChaminade. Just the way it is
Grow a pair and stop thinking this isn't u we are laughing at
Btw enjoy your son sitting as guest player craps on you. Tolls alone make you all a joke

Move on. Your obsession with express is not good for your mental or physical well being. Maybe Spend some time outdoors or with your family instead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealous?, we killed u last year, will again this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here's one.......how bout the money grab lacrosse coaches interfering with PAL football season and play offs. how bout that. I'm a lacrosse coach as well as a football coach. I'm so disgusted with how this has become. right now I'm in football season and I have kids at tournaments lol and we're a play off team. another team in our division completely forfeited their play offs because they have a large number of kids that were probably told we're going to Princeton this weekend and if u play football instead you'll be banned from 91 for life. lmfao. so meanwhile now a football season is completely wasted. and don't give me oh my son has a chance at playing lacrosse in college better than he does at football. cuz one day that last college game is played and then it's off to the real world. word to the wise all you parents whose kids play lacrosse and football.....do us all a favor next football season.....don't sign your kids up for football.....you're wasting our time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here's one.......how bout the money grab lacrosse coaches interfering with PAL football season and play offs. how bout that. I'm a lacrosse coach as well as a football coach. I'm so disgusted with how this has become. right now I'm in football season and I have kids at tournaments lol and we're a play off team. another team in our division completely forfeited their play offs because they have a large number of kids that were probably told we're going to Princeton this weekend and if u play football instead you'll be banned from 91 for life. lmfao. so meanwhile now a football season is completely wasted. and don't give me oh my son has a chance at playing lacrosse in college better than he does at football. cuz one day that last college game is played and then it's off to the real world. word to the wise all you parents whose kids play lacrosse and football.....do us all a favor next football season.....don't sign your kids up for football.....you're wasting our time

Totally agree....but they won't drop football because they need it to tell the college coaches that they are "multisport athletes"and not just lacrosse players. In other words, many of the kids you are describing only play football to help get recruited for lax. Once they commit then they'll drop foorball like a hot potato for fear of being injured and blowing their lax deal. I have older kids and have seen this play out time and again. Feel bad for the football guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree....but they won't drop football because they need it to tell the college coaches that they are "multisport athletes"and not just lacrosse players. In other words, many of the kids you are describing only play football to help get recruited for lax. Once they commit then they'll drop foorball like a hot potato for fear of being injured and blowing their lax deal. I have older kids and have seen this play out time and again. Feel bad for the football guys.
Yeah I mean don't get me wrong I coach both sports and I'd be equally annoyed if my team was in a tournament in lacrosse season and one of my players said I can't play lacrosse today u have soccer or basketball. commit for God sakes. it's not fair to your coaches who devote their time to you guys each season and now like I said here's the play offs which you work all year for and one of the better teams forfeits to go play lacrosse. zero class. thank God the team I was supposed to play forfeited too because some of my kids decided to play lacrosse too this weekend as if as a seventh grader hopkins was banging their door down. give it a rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI is the premier hotbed for lacrosse, would not expect anything else. Coaches need to know the players better and that they might jump ship for a lax tournament. Do your job as a coach and have depth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will see what a difference maker the icon player is today when Express plays Black Ice. If it is a tight game or Express wins I don't see Icon players leaving Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

on its way down with too many kids. you should rethink that thought. people won't play on B let alone C. give me a break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's odd that a parent that is not on Express is so worried about what they do. Obviously it's right for those families or they would not be there. Make your team better and beat them.

Page 16 of 44 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard