BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,649
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 47 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are now 25 commits for the 2019 grad year, not one from LI. Hmmmm?

"There are now 25 commits born in 1999 or 2000 that play 2019 grad year..."

Get real. That's not even close to being true.

What ever your take is, unfortunately or fortunately absolutely true.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 a weak year for LI, that's why

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering I personally know several of the committed kids, I can guarantee you that they aren't all 1999 and 2000 birthdays. But, kids born after 9/1/2000 should be in 9th grade anyway, so what's your point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are the odds that one of Spalinas 2020's commits before a 2019 from LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering I personally know several of the committed kids, I can guarantee you that they aren't all 1999 and 2000 birthdays. But, kids born after 9/1/2000 should be in 9th grade anyway, so what's your point.

Why should kids born after 9/1/2000 be in 9th grade?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our district is 12/1 cutoff. Current 9th grade in our district should be born between 12/1/2000 and 11/30/2001. I think most Long Island School Districts have the same cutoff date.

Kids born mid to late 2000 have a huge advantage. I will not call it cheating but there is certainly an advantage when competing against younger players. That advantage is greatest between 7th and 10th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our district is 12/1 cutoff. Current 9th grade in our district should be born between 12/1/2000 and 11/30/2001. I think most Long Island School Districts have the same cutoff date.

Kids born mid to late 2000 have a huge advantage. I will not call it cheating but there is certainly an advantage when competing against younger players. That advantage is greatest between 7th and 10th grade.

Really? A huge advantage? Someone born in September-December of 2000 has a huge advantage over someone born in January-March of 2001?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? A huge advantage? Someone born in September-December of 2000 has a huge advantage over someone born in January-March of 2001?

Guess you held your kid back. 6 months or more can be a huge advantage.

If I have any more kids I will hold them back from starting kindergarden, re-class in the 8th, 9th or 10th grade do a PG year and then redshirt in college. I might even petition the NCAA for a 6th year of eligibility.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I have any more kids I will hold them back from starting kindergarden, re-class in the 8th, 9th or 10th grade do a PG year and then redshirt in college. I might even petition the NCAA for a 6th year of eligibility.

No, actually my kid is a 2/2001 birthday. He manages just fine playing 2019 against those kids that are 2-5 months older. At an MIAA school of all places. I should take him out for an ice cream for persevering against those huge odds. Sorry if your kid can't handle it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, actually my kid is a 2/2001 birthday. He manages just fine playing 2019 against those kids that are 2-5 months older. At an MIAA school of all places. I should take him out for an ice cream for persevering against those huge odds. Sorry if your kid can't handle it.

Good for you and your son, happy to hear. I have a December 1999 "2018" and late June "2019" both do well and compete but there is a clear advantage being older than most of the kids. As I stated, I will not call it cheating but there is an big advantage to being older than most of the kids that you compete against.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I couldn't agree with you more. Parents from long island educate the kids more on the matter of academics first then sports. We know that having a verbal in 9th grade isn't all that. You need the right fit for your kid. The kids from long island made lax what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I couldn't agree with you more. Parents from long island educate the kids more on the matter of academics first then sports. We know that having a verbal in 9th grade isn't all that. You need the right fit for your kid. The kids from long island made lax what it is.

You've obviously never set foot on an MIAA school campus if you think academics are not stressed in Baltimore. But go ahead and continue believing that if it makes you feel better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a big advantage to being a better athlete. Sure, being older/bigger helps - but it’s not like you can simply follow the team’s chronological age order and the “huge advantage” 6 month older boys are the best on the team. Holdbacks, reclassification, playing down with PG year promise are cheating/gaming the system, but calling out fall birthday kids as have ‘huge advantage’ is a bit of a stretch!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for you and your son, happy to hear. I have a December 1999 "2018" and late June "2019" both do well and compete but there is a clear advantage being older than most of the kids. As I stated, I will not call it cheating but there is an big advantage to being older than most of the kids that you compete against.

I'm sorry but isn't a Dec 1999 "2018" an older kid in that grade on LI? The youngest 2018's were born Fall 2000 so what if he can 'do well and compete" when your kid is one of the older ones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many are cheating holdbacks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably, They will still have four years of eligibility once they get to college. The end justifies the means.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have to remember its not how fast you start the race, its how you finish.

I don't think we need to worry about the LI players committing. I am sure in 2020 when we are watching college lacrosse games, we will see and hear enough names from LI to be able to remember that LI still has a solid hold on the college lacrosse scene

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have to remember its not how fast you start the race, its how you finish.

I don't think we need to worry about the LI players committing. I am sure in 2020 when we are watching college lacrosse games, we will see and hear enough names from LI to be able to remember that LI still has a solid hold on the college lacrosse scene

true on both accounts.

But lately, it seems that may players (and families) are getting a great start in the race by delaying their start till the next year.

(reminds me of Ben Johnson- Canadian Olympic sprinter/steroid cheat)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably, They will still have four years of eligibility once they get to college. The end justifies the means.

Guys, lets stop with the petty stuff and do our best to help a family and their son who NEEDS real hep. Lets take a minute or two and go to the thread on here called "Team Sean 38"- this young man needs our help as adults of lacrosse community. Breaks my heart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heart breaking story really hope the kid bounces back I sent some money yesterday every bit helps. Come on guys support this family..

Guys, lets stop with the petty stuff and do our best to help a family and their son who NEEDS real hep. Lets take a minute or two and go to the thread on here called "Team Sean 38"- this young man needs our help as adults of lacrosse community. Breaks my heart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank God you have time to sqwak about freshman lacrosse and not be worrying if your son is well enough to pick up a stick.

Put in into perspective people.

Tell your sons to train,study and play his best game everyday. Then when you go to bed at night, say a prayer for Sean and ask that you have the strength to hold your tongue/pen/mouse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your wife is a champ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yay! LI just (kind of) got its first 2019 verbal to MD from Smithtown. Not sure if it actually counts as LI since the kid only moved here a couple months ago and got recruited playing for his MA club. Congrats, here he's very good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yay! LI just (kind of) got its first 2019 verbal to MD from Smithtown. Not sure if it actually counts as LI since the kid only moved here a couple months ago and got recruited playing for his MA club. Congrats, here he's very good!

Where do you find that info?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you find that info?

Twitter, follow ty Xander

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well deserved but not an LI commit. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These next few weeks (probably till mid Dec) will seem crazy for many boys. Remember, the grades are the most important thing right now. The 1st Qtr sets the stage for many things. The first thing the coach wants to hear is how your 1st Qtr grades are.

For those playing a fall sport, be it on a field or court, play your heart out on the last few weeks. It is coming to the end power through; the coaches are keeping an eye on some of your movements outside of Lax.

We must be their calming voice, their toughest critic, the shoulder to at times bury their face in and the face they need to laugh with. Take a deep breath and enjoy the boys play. They are changing right in front of you don't miss it, embrace it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Dr. Phil!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dr Phil comment guy...ur an [lacrosse]..Keep off this site

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grades, Football, Lax Tournaments, Showcases, Prospect Camps. It's a lot to handle for a 14 yr old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep off this site? Can't take a joke on how deep you got on your thread big guy? No [lacrosse] enjoy your kid and how fast it goes relax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These next few weeks (probably till mid Dec) will seem crazy for many boys. Remember, the grades are the most important thing right now. The 1st Qtr sets the stage for many things. The first thing the coach wants to hear is how your 1st Qtr grades are.

For those playing a fall sport, be it on a field or court, play your heart out on the last few weeks. It is coming to the end power through; the coaches are keeping an eye on some of your movements outside of Lax.

We must be their calming voice, their toughest critic, the shoulder to at times bury their face in and the face they need to laugh with. Take a deep breath and enjoy the boys play. They are changing right in front of you don't miss it, embrace it.

Never thought I would see a productive comment on this board - thanks and well said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my sons team has implemented a program where if the players don't keep up their grades and don't have a respectful attitude, then they will not play. I personally don't let my son play any sports unless he keeps a certain average. Remember lacrosse will help you make friends for life but school will help you support your family for life!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Dr. Phil!!

your welcome. I hope you checked your sons phone too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did everyone do this weekend. Really quiet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did everyone do this weekend. Really quiet

It's quiet because fall doesn't mean much..kids finishing up football unless lacrosse is the only thing your kid does..it's not 24/7 lacrosse. at least not in my house

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 91 and express do in baltimore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
north had a nice win v. crabs crabs lost to canadian edge. madlax beat 91
laxachusettes beat lie c2c weak laxachusettes was up 8-0 2nd half v. leading edge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 91 and express do in baltimore

Express North went 3-0 beating The Edge, Crabs and True Blue from MI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big 4 HHH beat 91

Page 20 of 47 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard