BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 70 of 128 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets call a spade a spade - Crabs 2020 is going to be strong because it is full of 2019 holdbacks. Older kids repeating grades are going to be better than younger kids - no two ways about it.

I have convinced all the parents of my son's 2021 team to holdback their kids a year or two so we can beat up on the younger boys. It is going to be glorious.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How was the VLC v Crabs showdown yesterday?

The 2021 game was a blowout. Not sure what is going on down there in VA.

Not necessary. Considering VLC Blue Crabs and Baltimore Crabs are under the same organizational ownership and we are "brother" clubs, let me try and answer the question a bit more appropriately. Crabs 2021 is definitely a bigger, stronger, and much more skilled and disciplined team than VLC 2021 - it was a blowout for sure, I lost count but VLC only scored one and Crabs were somewhere up in the 20s. VLC defense simply could not stick with Crabs offense, and the Crabs boys never quit moving, passing, cutting and shooting - at a ratio of probably 20-1 - VLC 2021 was outmatched for certain. Crabs 2021 is a very strong team, and Crabs 2020 is very likely going to be one of the top couple of teams in the country this year at 2020. The size, speed, skillset, and lax IQ on both teams is incredible, and they are going to come strong for sure - will be very difficult to beat.

While I am not surprised at the outcome of the Crabs over the Blue Crabs 2021, I am somewhat surprised by the score difference if accurately reported. My son played the Crabs 2021 (and won) a couple of times last year and I watched them in several tournaments summer tournaments. They were an average team at best last year and could not picture them beating anyone by double digit goals. Either they got a lot of new very good players or they have new coaches - they did not seem nearly as athletic as other teams and played like they did not understand game situations just looking confused most of the time. Whatever the case, I hope they got better as it will make the bmore lacrosse season more fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not necessary. Considering VLC Blue Crabs and Baltimore Crabs are under the same organizational ownership and we are "brother" clubs, let me try and answer the question a bit more appropriately. Crabs 2021 is definitely a bigger, stronger, and much more skilled and disciplined team than VLC 2021 - it was a blowout for sure, I lost count but VLC only scored one and Crabs were somewhere up in the 20s. VLC defense simply could not stick with Crabs offense, and the Crabs boys never quit moving, passing, cutting and shooting - at a ratio of probably 20-1 - VLC 2021 was outmatched for certain. Crabs 2021 is a very strong team, and Crabs 2020 is very likely going to be one of the top couple of teams in the country this year at 2020. The size, speed, skillset, and lax IQ on both teams is incredible, and they are going to come strong for sure - will be very difficult to beat.

While I am not surprised at the outcome of the Crabs over the Blue Crabs 2021, I am somewhat surprised by the score difference if accurately reported. My son played the Crabs 2021 (and won) a couple of times last year and I watched them in several tournaments summer tournaments. They were an average team at best last year and could not picture them beating anyone by double digit goals. Either they got a lot of new very good players or they have new coaches - they did not seem nearly as athletic as other teams and played like they did not understand game situations just looking confused most of the time. Whatever the case, I hope they got better as it will make the bmore lacrosse season more fun.

They got quite a few new kids. Coaches are different, but the 6th grade coaches at Crabs are fantastic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They got quite a few new kids. Coaches are different, but the 6th grade coaches at Crabs are fantastic.

A few of the new 2021s were probably on the 2020 team last year - that's how they roll. Welcome to the Crab universe - bigger, stronger, faster, older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

those coaches can't get over how mature the 14 year old are on that team!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The score reported is an exaggeration. Crabs 2021 won decisively, but they did not score anywhere near the 20s.

Crabs 2021 was not an average team last year at all and they have a lot of new faces this year. It will be a very good team.

VLC's 2021 team had some good talent but not enough to compete with a team like this. Since they don't have a U11 or U9 team, VLC's 7th grade team has to start with a lot of new parts.

Both Crabs 2020 and VLC 2020 have a lot of great players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The score reported is an exaggeration. Crabs 2021 won decisively, but they did not score anywhere near the 20s.

Crabs 2021 was not an average team last year at all and they have a lot of new faces this year. It will be a very good team.

VLC's 2021 team had some good talent but not enough to compete with a team like this. Since they don't have a U11 or U9 team, VLC's 7th grade team has to start with a lot of new parts.

Yes, the Crabs 2021 team was average at best. Last fall they went 0-3 at McDonough. In their own fall Autumn Classic tournament they lost in the finals to Bethesda. In the summer, they got smashed at Beach Lax by other bmore teams like Koopers and Roughriders....haha, just terrible. Did not make finals. Got smashed at that crappy tournament held at McDonough by the Annapolis Hawks. Again, did not make the finals. Got beat by the Rising Sons at their own tournament. Again did not make the finals. So maybe you are right. Maybe they weren't average. Looks more like below average.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the Crabs 2021 team was average at best. Last fall they went 0-3 at McDonough. In their own fall Autumn Classic tournament they lost in the finals to Bethesda. In the summer, they got smashed at Beach Lax by other bmore teams like Koopers and Roughriders....haha, just terrible. Did not make finals. Got smashed at that crappy tournament held at McDonough by the Annapolis Hawks. Again, did not make the finals. Got beat by the Rising Sons at their own tournament. Again did not make the finals. So maybe you are right. Maybe they weren't average. Looks more like below average.

Crabs teams get better with age...As in the older the team...The much more older the players on the Crabs are then their competition.....They accumulate more and more holdbacks each new year...Just like wine they get better with age...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2020 is full of 2019 Holdbacks. Please stop saying they have great players as if RM runs some spectacular organization. He runs an organization that has played a significant role in damaging youth lacrosse. If you can't beat em - holdback the older kids so they can beat em. Simply pathetic on so many levels....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs have been around a long time and have had a ton of great players. You can knock them for having reclassed kids, but their talent in every grade is always among the best.

If you are going to decry holdbacks, why only single out the Crabs? Clubs like Madlax actually have more reclassed kids than the Crabs.

Sounds like a dad that either has a son who can't make the Crabs or loses to the Crabs and needs an excuse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A few of the new 2021s were probably on the 2020 team last year - that's how they roll. Welcome to the Crab universe - bigger, stronger, faster, older.

Actually, none of them were. Nice try though. I guess it's inconceivable that someone would leave another program to play for Crabs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs have been around a long time and have had a ton of great players. You can knock them for having reclassed kids, but their talent in every grade is always among the best.

If you are going to decry holdbacks, why only single out the Crabs? Clubs like Madlax actually have more reclassed kids than the Crabs.

Sounds like a dad that either has a son who can't make the Crabs or loses to the Crabs and needs an excuse.

I agree Madlax has reclass kids but there is no data base anywhere to compare teams and their ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is anecdotal evidence. Madlax has a ton. So does FCA. So do the Dukes, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The holdback a will come after the spring season. They will filter down from 2020 to 2021 as the tournaments begin, just as they did this past spring/summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless of holdbacks/reclasses, I can tell you that the Crabs 2020 team is going to be very hard to beat this year. I was at both games, and the Crabs 2020 players are very big, very strong, very fast, and very skilled. The Crabs 2021 players are also big, strong, fast, and skilled for that grade level as well. VLC has a very solid and skilled 2020 team, and their 2021 team is solid also. As another poster mentioned, VLC begins at the 7th grade level, so their 2021 team is put together 3+ years after many other clubs have already been playing together. That is the difference you can see on the field - both Crabs and VLC have excellent players, but I'm telling you that Crabs 2020 and 2021 are going to be tough to beat this year - lots of new faces and upgrades, I cannot stress the size and speed enough - you need to see it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree completely - both teams have a lot of excellent players. I don't think the score of the 2021 game quite reached 20, but it was definitely a double digit difference. Both teams played hard, and it was a good fun day with solid instruction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crabs 2020 teams are very big and very skilled because half of them are actually 2019s and in some cases 2018s. They are being singled out because NO OTHER youth lacrosse organization systematically pushes parents to reclassify their kids like the Crabs do. NO OTHER ORGANZATION. PERIOD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crabs 2020 teams are very big and very skilled because half of them are actually 2019s and in some cases 2018s. They are being singled out because NO OTHER youth lacrosse organization systematically pushes parents to reclassify their kids like the Crabs do. NO OTHER ORGANZATION. PERIOD.

I know several of those families and this is completely false. There are a couple of kids who reclassed, but nowhere near 50%, let alone anyone who was previously a 2018.

Hate them if you want, but that's a total lie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know several of those families and this is completely false. There are a couple of kids who reclassed, but nowhere near 50%, let alone anyone who was previously a 2018.

My son came home the other day and said his teammate on his 2019 team will be turning 16 in 2 months. He is a 2019 by rule but this kinda helps the people understand what people are dealing with. My son is 14.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where are crabs 2020s playing this fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where are crabs 2020s playing this fall?

mens beer league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The crabs 2020 teams are very big and very skilled because half of them are actually 2019s and in some cases 2018s. They are being singled out because NO OTHER youth lacrosse organization systematically pushes parents to reclassify their kids like the Crabs do. NO OTHER ORGANZATION. PERIOD.

Three 2019s were added this year and the team already had 6-8 kids who were older playing the prior year. Pretty darn close to 50% or more of the team would be 2019 using the Maryland school cut off dates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless of holdbacks/reclasses, I can tell you that the Crabs 2020 team is going to be very hard to beat this year. I was at both games, and the Crabs 2020 players are very big, very strong, very fast, and very skilled. The Crabs 2021 players are also big, strong, fast, and skilled for that grade level as well. VLC has a very solid and skilled 2020 team, and their 2021 team is solid also. As another poster mentioned, VLC begins at the 7th grade level, so their 2021 team is put together 3+ years after many other clubs have already been playing together. That is the difference you can see on the field - both Crabs and VLC have excellent players, but I'm telling you that Crabs 2020 and 2021 are going to be tough to beat this year - lots of new faces and upgrades, I cannot stress the size and speed enough - you need to see it.

Size and speed - you get a lot of that with holdbacks. Crabs parents say "ignore the fact that they are holdbacks, look how good they are". Everyone says "of course they are good, they are playing against kids a year (or more) younger". SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son came home the other day and said his teammate on his 2019 team will be turning 16 in 2 months. He is a 2019 by rule but this kinda helps the people understand what people are dealing with. My son is 14.

what month is your son born in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you're delusional. this is totally true, most of the team is reclassed kids born in 2001 or 2000.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make yourself feel better by saying "most" of the kids on the Crabs 2020 are not Holdbacks. How many kids on 2019 last year are now on 2020? How many kids in the starting line up are Holdbacks?DELETED

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: DO NOT IDENTIFY PLAYERS
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make yourself feel better by saying "most" of the kids on the Crabs 2020 are not Holdbacks. How many kids on 2019 last year are now on 2020? How many kids in the starting line up are Holdbacks?DELETED

Most, many, half - I don't think the actual number matters. What matters is there are enough of them to significantly improve the performance of the team and give them an advantage over teams who are mostly on-age.

Yes, lots of teams have one or two holdbacks, or kids with summer birthdays. The difference is these few kids don't significantly alter the performance of the team. Crabs have made it SOP, just look at the nonsense at Beach Lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELETED

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's too bad the Crabs organization does not realize they took what was once seen as one of the better club lacrosse programs in the country and ruined it (and youth lacrosse) by playing the holdback game. Other teams clearly have reclassified kids - but the Crabs take it to a whole new level. Sad for the on age kids and sad for the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs players causing issues on HS teams in Md...King Crab forcing kids to miss HS tournaments in the fall to play for Crabs or face expulsion from the program..."Come pay for my tournament instead of playing with your HS team". Bottom line, it's all about McClernan and Crabs, not the kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USA Lacrosse should model its age classifications after USA Hockey and make it mandatory. It was not an advantage to hold kids back, parents would not do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse used to be age based but went grade based. Go ahead and complain about it, but the barn door is already open.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs players causing issues on HS teams in Md...King Crab forcing kids to miss HS tournaments in the fall to play for Crabs or face expulsion from the program..."Come pay for my tournament instead of playing with your HS team". Bottom line, it's all about McClernan and Crabs, not the kids

The NLF tournament this weekend will be a college coach mob scene. As a player, you are better served playing there vs playing in the fresh/soph HS tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse used to be age based but went grade based. Go ahead and complain about it, but the barn door is already open.

True, but in going grade based I don't think they ever thought/expected that clubs would systematically game the system like certain ones have.

Saying it's OK because there's no rule against it is a pretty weak rationalization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NLF tournament this weekend will be a college coach mob scene. As a player, you are better served playing there vs playing in the fresh/soph HS tournament.

I am sure you are correct but a Kid/parent has to worry about playing time and his spot on his high school team also. Its a hard call to make.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the 2020 NLF extravaganza? Couldn't compete with the Hill School playday? 2020 Crabs on the outside looking in already. Get used to it, no one wants to play with your 15 year-old "8th" graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USA Lacrosse should model its age classifications after USA Hockey and make it mandatory. It was not an advantage to hold kids back, parents would not do it.

well said, that's so true, there is no logical reason to do it otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs don't have to worry about spots on their HS teams...
I am sure you are correct but a Kid/parent has to worry about playing time and his spot on his high school team also. Its a hard call to make.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the big 2020 events this Autumn or is it all about 2019

Like Reply Quote
A