BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 29 30
Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That heroes 2019 team won't be back at Hofstra if I was the coach. They are dominant. Their only competition is sky walkers and mnd in Maryland

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I see the Cobra Kai sweeping people up at every tournament. Just won 3 divisions at T3 play to win in NJ, week before we saw them at Applefest with thier 7th graders playing the 8th grade team for the Championship. Also a bizzare appearance on the MSG quick hits long island. It seems they win almost every weekend. Who are these guys?

Careful that they don't sweep the leg.

Seriously? Cobra Kai? Mercy is for the weak. If a man stands before you he is the enemy.

this is a joke right? Next we will hear they have a unique training program of wax on wax off, paint the fence and sand the floor!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 new player and 1 player from 2nd team moved to blue during tryouts.

1 from 2nd and 4 new

Saw 1 from 2nd and 2 red shirts. Blue team appears to stay intact
Also sounds like 2nd team getting AB as coach and that will be a big plus to this team.
Looked like numbers were up over last year whether they have enough accepted to form a 4th team reamians to be seen.

There were 4 players new to blue. Staying in tact would mean a roster of 29.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 from 2nd and 4 new

Also sounds like 2nd team getting AB as coach and that will be a big plus to this team.
Looked like numbers were up over last year whether they have enough accepted to form a 4th team reamians to be seen.

Two red shirts and 2 from Yellow. Two returning players were missing, one may have left. So lets say maybe 3 adds. That's still too many to carry but we'll just have to wait until December to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 from 2nd and 4 new

Two red shirts and 2 from Yellow. Two returning players were missing, one may have left. So lets say maybe 3 adds. That's still too many to carry but we'll just have to wait until December to see.

M&D has 7 new players and 5 are gone from last year. Should be fun games between the two teams again next summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 from 2nd and 4 new

Only one from blue 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's your opinion on fall tournaments at this age? Is it just about keeping a stick in their hand?
Do you feel any pressure from the club to participant?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]We chose igloo because of the coach and the training. Other teams are less expensive but once you factor in the additional payments for winter training and in the case of elevate having to buy a uniform??? It is very comparable. Igloo believes that more training and playing local tournaments is the way to go. Why drive up and down the turnpike to beat lesser talent and then play a LI team in the finals? And then add the additional cost of travel, hotels, food and we are saving a ton of dough. Legacy is also staying home for there tournaments. It seems that the times are changing. There are enough good teams on LI now that teams don't have to travel as much until you reach recruiting age. I know we might not face M&D but maybe they see the trend and come to LI for a change.

YJ tournament is the worst on the island 25 minute games no playoffs and everyone pays $10 at the gate. No thanks.

New to Elevate 2021, was told at tryouts by the club that they compete with the best teams in this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes that is true. Played in top seeded brackets in all the tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate has become less competitive each year they have played. With the departure of a number of players this trend should continue.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And lost them all.:)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depending on the margin of loss and as long as they are not getting blown out then I would much rather have my daughter compete at the highest level. Much better than playing no name second tier teams and crushing them. Elevate seems to be the only LI team to enter the same tournys as YJ's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depending on the margin of loss and as long as they are not getting blown out then I would much rather have my daughter compete at the highest level. Much better than playing no name second tier teams and crushing them. Elevate seems to be the only LI team to enter the same tournys as YJ's.

I completely agree. It was a joke. Although I don't think Elevate has played M&D any more than TG has. Think it is only once each.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
and you get to have Dave K. jump in and coach the teams during the tournament....all good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an Elevate parent but believe me we have had our share of crappy coaching!
Would have been thrilled to have the club director jump in and help.
High School girls and college players don't always translate to good coaches especially when they don't get any mentoring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the games in Maryland go yesterday for the 2021 age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have DK coaching my daughter any day of the week. Any parent that says other wise knows nothing about the game. And they did not lose all their games playing in top seeded brackets. Yeah sorry didn't win a t-shirt big deal. I'm not one of those parents that has to win every game to feel good. As long as my daughter is getting better and enjoys her team it's all good right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D beat whatever version that was of YJ 2021 14-6. Unfortunately, neither M&D nor YJ played Heros who was probably the other top team there. M&D and YJ both beat TLC rather easily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D beat whatever version that was of YJ 2021 14-6. Unfortunately, neither M&D nor YJ played Heros who was probably the other top team there. M&D and YJ both beat TLC rather easily.

That version was about a 1/3 of the top team with nearly no midfielders going and pickup players filling out the roster. Not everyone is into driving 5 1/2 hours and staying in hotels for a poor, off season tournament. At least it is in the MD teams backyard, probably get a much better turnout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't want Dave k to jump in and coach my daughter he only cares about the money not the girl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That version was about a 1/3 of the top team with nearly no midfielders going and pickup players filling out the roster. Not everyone is into driving 5 1/2 hours and staying in hotels for a poor, off season tournament. At least it is in the MD teams backyard, probably get a much better turnout.

Easy man. There was no chest pounding. Said it wasn't the full team. Completely understand not wanting to drive down. Why does CR run a tournament in MD every fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I I
[quote=Anonymous]We chose igloo because of the coach and the training. Other teams are less expensive but once you factor in the additional payments for winter training and in the case of elevate having to buy a uniform??? It is very comparable. Igloo believes that more training and playing local tournaments is the way to go. Why drive up and down the turnpike to beat lesser talent and then play a LI team in the finals? And then add the additional cost of travel, hotels, food and we are saving a ton of dough. Legacy is also staying home for there tournaments. It seems that the times are changing. There are enough good teams on LI now that teams don't have to travel as much until you reach recruiting age. I know we might not face M&D but maybe they

see the trend and come to LI for a change.

YJ tournament is the worst on the island 25 minute games no playoffs and everyone pays $10 at the gate. No thanks.

New to Elevate 2021, was told at tryouts by the club that they compete with the best teams in this age group.

They play against, but cannot compete. Their new additions are C team players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's uncalled for to call out girls like that. You must be a really disgruntled parent. Shame on you. Elevate 2021 blue will be fine this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy man. There was no chest pounding. Said it wasn't the full team. Completely understand not wanting to drive down. Why does CR run a tournament in MD every fall?

For the $$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw Hero's play on Sunday and I saw M&D play too. Hero's was CLEARLY the best 2031 team there. They would've crused M&D. BTW..my daughter doesn't play for either team. She is an assistant coach for another club team. Just my educated observation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw Hero's play on Sunday and I saw M&D play too. Hero's was CLEARLY the best 2031 team there. They would've crused M&D. BTW..my daughter doesn't play for either team. She is an assistant coach for another club team. Just my educated observation.

Have no idea what rosters looked like for this fall tournament. Played both of these teams true summer strength, both teams very good. Definitely give an edge to M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2031? Heros and M&D sure start them young. But I suggest before making snap judgements we wait until they can play pacifier-free...it changes everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize Heros played a bunch of B teams on Sunday right and only beat one of them by a goal. Meanwhile M&D won 20-1, 14-4, 14-6 over YJ and 10-4 over TLC. And M&D was making full team substitutions every 6 minutes.

M&D and Heros play Saturday so we'll see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have no idea what rosters looked like for this fall tournament. Played both of these teams true summer strength, both teams very good. Definitely give an edge to M&D.

I would definitely give the advantage to M&D since Heros has never beaten them and most of the games were not even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would definitely give the advantage to M&D since Heros has never beaten them and most of the games were not even close.

M&D 2021 Black will not lose a game this fall, next spring or next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

It would appear that M&D will have the deepest team this year. They will have the ability to sub and have absolutely no drop off in play , something no other team can say even YJ 2021 Blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This could be, but very interested to see the Heros team. They seem to be extremely confident after their influx of girls from Bitmore. Looking forward to Saturday's matchup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully Hero's is good. Maybe their coaches will stop screaming so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are times and there are situations in games when what may seem like screaming is really just a coach trying to make sure that the furthest player hears them. And of course in the noise and din of a lacrosse game - those situations arise all the time.
Maybe that is the only way the Heros coaches can be sure they are heard over the parents coaching from the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

It would appear that M&D will have the deepest team this year. They will have the ability to sub and have absolutely no drop off in play , something no other team can say even YJ 2021 Blue.

YJ faithful, love that everyone is quite on these matters, let's continue to keep it above the line and let the girls do the talking like they did last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are times and there are situations in games when what may seem like screaming is really just a coach trying to make sure that the furthest player hears them. And of course in the noise and din of a lacrosse game - those situations arise all the time.
Maybe that is the only way the Heros coaches can be sure they are heard over the parents coaching from the sidelines.

Yeah. Right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have no idea what rosters looked like for this fall tournament. Played both of these teams true summer strength, both teams very good. Definitely give an edge to M&D. [/quote]

I would definitely give the advantage to M&D since Heros has never beaten them and most of the games were not even close. [/quote]

M&D 2021 Black will not lose a game this fall, next spring or next summer. [/quote]

It would appear that M&D will have the deepest team this year. They will have the ability to sub and have absolutely no drop off in play , something no other team can say even YJ 2021 Blue. [/quote]

YJ faithful, love that everyone is quite on these matters, let's continue to keep it above the line and let the girls do the talking like they did last year. [/quote]

What a toolbag. We get it ,you wanted to scream "but what about us we beat MD last year " so you tried to say it without saying it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would definitely give the advantage to M&D since Heros has never beaten them and most of the games were not even close. [/quote]

M&D 2021 Black will not lose a game this fall, next spring or next summer. [/quote]

It would appear that M&D will have the deepest team this year. They will have the ability to sub and have absolutely no drop off in play , something no other team can say even YJ 2021 Blue. [/quote]

YJ faithful, love that everyone is quite on these matters, let's continue to keep it above the line and let the girls do the talking like they did last year. [/quote]

What a toolbag. We get it ,you wanted to scream "but what about us we beat MD last year " so you tried to say it without saying it. [/quote]

Both M&D and YJ have very strong teams and great parents " it's all good" look forward to some great games again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

YJ faithful, love that everyone is quite on these matters, let's continue to keep it above the line and let the girls do the talking like they did last year.

Yes, you beat M&D last year when they were missing three starters. By a goal. And there was plenty of talking by YJ parents after that game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a toolbag. We get it ,you wanted to scream "but what about us we beat MD last year " so you tried to say it without saying it. [/quote]

The girls lost just as many as they won against M&D, but they have fun as a team. Frankly, their best win last year was the talent show at Towson Camp.

Page 5 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard