BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 111 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
if you don't think Chamninade is the best of the best in sports and school, you are sorely misguided admit it and move on..

Chaminade isn't the best of the best in anything. They send masses of catholics to mediocre to upper catholic colleges and compile sports teams using 2000 kids from all over long island and they still lose to public schools. The only ones who think that chaminade is the best of the best are the parents that send their kids to the school, just ask them.

They are the best because they are strong across the board. There are other schools with comparable or better academics and others with better individual teams. However, there is no school on LI that has the combination of top academics and top athletics across all teams....not just lax. Look at their athletic center, Bloomberg terminals, wrestling facility, TV studio, the yearbook they produce, volunteerism and on and on. If you hate Chaminade I get it, but then name me the LI school which surpasses them in ALL these areas.

Syosset to name one . Their academics are top in the country and you can't count the number of boys AND girls teams last year that won nassau, LI and state championships across all sports. Don't know what district you are from but I don't think you've been to many of the top districts if you don't think that they have programs and facilities that rival or surpass what Chaminade offers. You may be getting better than what you would have if you stayed in your public school but not many neighboring public schools , sorry. If you want to argue that you are sending your son for the catholic education we won't get in Public schools I totally respect that but not the academic /sports argument .

That's a fair and respectful point. But Chaminade has a reputation that is hard to equal. Don't take my word for it. Please read a letter that was recently written by the head coach at Yale.

Chaminade lax was beaten last by LI publics. They also sent the same number of kids to an elite Ivy as several publics: 1-2
Don't really see a great advantage here.

Not the next few years. Last years Ninth grade team dominated. They crushed Pequa.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you don't think Chamninade is the best of the best in sports and school, you are sorely misguided admit it and move on..

Chaminade isn't the best of the best in anything. They send masses of catholics to mediocre to upper catholic colleges and compile sports teams using 2000 kids from all over long island and they still lose to public schools. The only ones who think that chaminade is the best of the best are the parents that send their kids to the school, just ask them.

They are the best because they are strong across the board. There are other schools with comparable or better academics and others with better individual teams. However, there is no school on LI that has the combination of top academics and top athletics across all teams....not just lax. Look at their athletic center, Bloomberg terminals, wrestling facility, TV studio, the yearbook they produce, volunteerism and on and on. If you hate Chaminade I get it, but then name me the LI school which surpasses them in ALL these areas.

Syosset to name one . Their academics are top in the country and you can't count the number of boys AND girls teams last year that won nassau, LI and state championships across all sports. Don't know what district you are from but I don't think you've been to many of the top districts if you don't think that they have programs and facilities that rival or surpass what Chaminade offers. You may be getting better than what you would have if you stayed in your public school but not many neighboring public schools , sorry. If you want to argue that you are sending your son for the catholic education we won't get in Public schools I totally respect that but not the academic /sports argument .

That's a fair and respectful point. But Chaminade has a reputation that is hard to equal. Don't take my word for it. Please read a letter that was recently written by the head coach at Yale.

Chaminade lax was beaten last by LI publics. They also sent the same number of kids to an elite Ivy as several publics: 1-2

the advantage is huge across the board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't say Ivy's are a pull for everyone and ideally they don't really match up with a student with conservative views, which you are more likely to find at Chaminade. Furthermore, because the demand is so great and only a small percentage are offered admission, that alone makes it elite as they can and do take top students in all aspects of life- not just in the class room, but the fields, arts etc. The biggest draw is the alumni connections and the willingness to help out a fellow alumni. Connections can mean far more than a degree from an Ivy, especially considering most kids go to very competitive schools. It might not be for all families and not all kids can make the cut, but it certainly doesn't hurt to graduate from Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]if you don't think Chamninade is the best of the best in sports and school, you are sorely misguided admit it and move on..

Garden City!

Hardly.

Sincerely,
Garden City Resident (who's kid goes to Chaminade)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not quite. They set the bar. Public schools have no conviction. Everyone is treated the same. No accountability. This is a hard lesson for some but at least they stand by their morals. This incident is unfortunate. Chamindade didn't teach this kid to do what he did. His parent did. A kid in public school would probably have it on utube by now and the teachers union would have cried fowl either way in this day and age everyone has to know they can be recorded at any moment.

do chickens cry fowl? learn that saying at Chammy?

I can only imagine where you learned to speak. couldn't get in could you?

Wouldn't want to, it was coeducation all the way for me, thank god.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^ three above

You Chammy parents never cease to amaze me. So Ivy league schools don't take Chammy kids because of their conservative views? And the alumni network and connections you make at Chammy are better than you obtain at an Ivy? And does it hurt to graduate from anywhere? Amazing that such an above-average institution feels the need to call itself elite. And btw, anyone with half a brain can gain admission.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So a lacrosse coach at Yale writes a letter in support of his friend. What does that have to do with Chaminade besides the fact that his friend coached there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I loved the post that implies that a Chaminade degree is more important than an Ivy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So a lacrosse coach at Yale writes a letter in support of his friend. What does that have to do with Chaminade besides the fact that his friend coached there?

It is an inequitable comparison to compare Chaminade to a Public. Chaminade does not admit average students, and make them great student. They only admit great students and take credit for their successes. Nor do they admit kids with learning disabilities, ESL, behavioral problems, ADD, Dyslexia, illegal immigrants, or any other kid with any other issue. Publics, on the other hand, need to educate all of the above in their district. So please, stop with all Chaminade greatness. A collection of great kids, that would have been successful at their own school districts. Nothing more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I loved the post that implies that a Chaminade degree is more important than an Ivy

Reading this Chammy board brings one word to mind: DELUSIONAL

adjective
1.having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:

2.Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed 100%. Chaminade kids no doubt are very bright young men. I also have absolutely no doubt they are the type of young men who would each excel and succeed in their own public high schools. Just like some athletic teams have an embarrassment of riches athletically so goes Chaminade academically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This site is filled with parents wanting their kids to play lacrosse with the best team they can yet you don't understand parents wanting their children to learn with other smart kids and in a school environment where they don't have to take everyone and focus on learning at a higher level. Some of the reasons I'm glad that my son attends this school is because the feeling at my particular public school is sports is the priority and the kids run the building and use their cell phones all day. I don't believe in that environment my child would have as much success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]if you don't think Chamninade is the best of the best in sports and school, you are sorely misguided admit it and move on..

Garden City!

Hardly.

Sincerely,

Ha, that's funny. But not true--yet anyway. GC is way overrated. The buildings are embarrassing and the athletic facilities sub par compared to other neighboring districts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I loved the post that implies
that a Chaminade degree is more important than an Ivy

Reading this Chammy board brings one word to mind: DELUSIONAL

adjective
1.having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:

2.Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness

what's comical is that you had to define the word delusional. Even publics know the definition without looking it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]if you don't think Chamninade is the best of the best in sports and school, you are sorely misguided admit it and move on..

Garden City!

Hardly.

Sincerely,

Ha, that's funny. But not true--yet anyway. GC is way overrated. The buildings are embarrassing and the athletic facilities sub par compared to other neighboring districts. [/quote

Yet they still manage to print championship banners on a regular basis. Football, Lacrosse boys/girls as well as field hockey. Depending on the year, you can add both soccer programs. Would be even better if they could keep more of the delusional parents that ship their boys off to Chaminade!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]if you don't think Chamninade is the best of the best in sports and school, you are sorely misguided admit it and move on..

Garden City!

Hardly.

Sincerely,

Ha, that's funny. But not true--yet anyway. GC is way overrated. The buildings are embarrassing and the athletic facilities sub par compared to other neighboring districts. [/quote

Yet they still manage to print championship banners on a regular basis. Football, Lacrosse boys/girls as well as field hockey. Depending on the year, you can add both soccer programs. Would be even better if they could keep more of the delusional parents that ship their boys off to Chaminade!!!!

nothing delusional about sending your kids to Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The St Anthonys/ Chaminade lacrosse phenomena mirrors the travel teams growth. So I can pay to have my son be part of a winning organization regardless if its the B,C, or D team or 2nd, 3rd or 4th string? I'm in. After all its about me the parent getting to brag to my friends about who my son plays for. If it was about my son, he would play with his friends at the local high school or be a stud helping to bring one of the lower private schools back to competitiveness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The St Anthonys/ Chaminade lacrosse phenomena mirrors the travel teams growth. So I can pay to have my son be part of a winning organization regardless if its the B,C, or D team or 2nd, 3rd or 4th string? I'm in. After all its about me the parent getting to brag to my friends about who my son plays for. If it was about my son, he would play with his friends at the local high school or be a stud helping to bring one of the lower private schools back to competitiveness.

Totally generalizing everyone, you are not correct! Why are you so concerned with where people send their kids? My has attended parochial school since he was in pre-k, so the majority of his friends attend catholic school!
I really don't see the point of your comment!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally generalizing everyone, you are not correct! Why are you so concerned with where people send their kids? My has attended parochial school since he was in pre-k, so the majority of his friends attend catholic school!

It's all about getting your kid on the field if he wants to play.. Watching will not get him better so besides the education part which only Chaminade stands out your kids should go to a smaller school and show something

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's all about getting your kid on the field if he wants to play.. Watching will not get him better so besides the education part which only Chaminade stands out your kids should go to a smaller school and show something

Not sure where this is going only that you feel kids left your town for StA's or Chammy for lacrosse only and you don't think they will get field time. What towns did the catholics impact where it makes a difference to the town HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure where this is going only that you feel kids left your town for StA's or Chammy for lacrosse only and you don't think they will get field time. What towns did the catholics impact where it makes a difference to the town HS.

GC, Manhassett, Rock Ctr.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is that the case? oh that's right....the best players from Garden City RVC and Manhassett leave for Chaminade. never ends does it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a nasty dig against the other Catholic schools and their academics. What makes Chaminade's academics so superior? Are their courses different somehow?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
chaminade getting the best football players too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade football tearing it up this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade football tearing it up this year.

Bad year. I guess that's because they don't recruit like that other place?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Chaminade football tearing it up this year."

Were you the same guy who posted last year after Chaminade won the Catholic league championship in basketball, hockey, baseball and lacrosse?

Keep in mind that Chaminade requires students to perform well on an entrance exam to gain admission. You get more chess players than offensive linemen. (Cue the idiots who are going to say the test isn't that hard, etc........)

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
haters gonna hate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is this the year when Chaminade brings up the outstanding 9th and 10th graders? I hear that the senior class is very inexperienced and not anywhere near ready for primetime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is this the year when Chaminade brings up the outstanding 9th and 10th graders? I hear that the senior class is very inexperienced and not anywhere near ready for primetime.

I think the Senior and Junior class will have something to say.... Do you think last year's MVP of the Championship game, the future ND goalie and many more are not ready? I think the 10 D1 commits of the Junior class will fit in nicely with the seniors

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
you been schooled, son...ouch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two Sophomores were asked to practice with them for the winter.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Saint Dominic is the Lax team to beat in CGSAA this year.....

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
sorry...should say CHSAA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two Sophomores were asked to practice with them for the winter.

as were the rest. Chaminade does not "practice" in the winter. That being said parent sponsored clinics are run for Freshmen, JV and Varsity candidates. Respect the system, respect the results, no one is complaining and if they are you have choices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous

Very difficult, the best defense-men/LSM left for his town HS a few weeks ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very difficult, the best defense-men/LSM left for his town HS a few weeks ago.

What grade was LSM?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What 9th grader do they have with experience?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they will be number 1 if Chaminade doesn't use 9 th and 10th graders

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 111 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled