BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 44 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are not a lot of D1 athletes that would explain why numbers are low. Percentage wise I would bet D1 athletes have a higher percentage in those jobs. I know all else being equal I would hire the person who played High level sports over person who did not. It shows a lot about the person who can take that kind of schedule and commitment and still succeed. Since 1953 I think only 3 US presidents were NOT college athletes.

This is a mom who happened upon this thread trying to find the schedule for Blatant Fall Jam. The comments above make sense - What is wrong with the rest of you guys? Let your kids play. Let the coaches coach. They are 12. You sound like middle school girls. You might want to invest in a good therapist to work out your passive aggressive "stuff" - rather than posting this anonymous, infantile drivel. Oh, and here's another tip - when your kid is playing - SHUT UP. Let them play the game. They want to succeed, and the coaches will correct their mistakes. Your job as a parent is to be their support, lift them up, pat them on the back, tell them you love watching them play and let then let them go back to being KIDS.

Amen to that. You can see this guys berating their kids in the car for dropping a pass or missing a shot. Stop equating success on a playing field with future success in life. I am fairly certain that most of your doctors and wall street finance guys never played college sports.

Don't kid yourself, some Wall Street companies have their own teams that play. Some of the kids graduating from D-1 colleges go right into Wall Street companies based on where they played college.

Ever hear of Sector SPDR, that are at the Lake Placid tournament every year.

No doubt there are plenty of former D1 athletes working on wall street but as a percentage of D1 athletes it's tiny. Extrapolate that back to the number of kids playing lax and the odds are infinitesimal. If it happens for your kid, great but to be obsessively focused on this as a parent is like standing in field and asking to be struck by lightning.
[/quote]

Boom - served!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ever posted they still have the waterboy you sound like a teenage girl.
If you have something to say to the guy go up
To him and say it. My son was on the wolves a while back and loved that guy.
He was always there for the kids to bring them up ..yeah and to make sure they didn't pass out on those 110 degree summer tournaments.
Years later my kid still runs up to say hi to him when we see him.
Have anyone running up to you? Doubt it.
You sound like a bitter person to even bring up someone who tries to look out for the kids. Your obviously a parent who is jealous your kid didn't make the team
to shoot so low and even mention that guy.

+1 Agreed! Good post. No longer with the team, but he was great while my son was there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey - can anyone help me out - have a 7th grader - just picking up a stick - looking for a fall winter clinic that might be helpful for a beginner with stick skills etc-any suggestions? east Suffolk county thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may be hard to find beginner clinics for 7th grade. You may want to look at private lessons for fall and winter and practice himself all spring. Middle school will practice every day too in spring and play games. Then be ready for summer clinics and find a team looking for kids. Take advantage of the good weather we still have and throw against the wall. Good luck.

hey - can anyone help me out - have a 7th grader - just picking up a stick - looking for a fall winter clinic that might be helpful for a beginner with stick skills etc-any suggestions? east Suffolk county thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey 91 Orange 2021
Is it true your team is playing Eclipse U13 this Saturday Oct. 24th?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Ambush looked like a B minus team being destroyed and never in any of the four games yesterday against Express North, Express Channy, Outlaws and Igloo Avalanche. Disappointing given all the talk on how good they will be this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who won it all?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express chan
quote=Anonymous]who won it all? [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Channy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may be hard to find beginner clinics for 7th grade. You may want to look at private lessons for fall and winter and practice himself all spring. Middle school will practice every day too in spring and play games. Then be ready for summer clinics and find a team looking for kids. Take advantage of the good weather we still have and throw against the wall. Good luck.

Poster is right. Private lessons and then wall ball everyday. Stick skills are essential to get going. Many different wall ball routines on-line. Make sure you get someone who's qualified to teach him the basics first, so he doesn't practice bad habits, or bad techniques. Best.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Ambush looked like a B minus team being destroyed and never in any of the four games yesterday against Express North, Express Channy, Outlaws and Igloo Avalanche. Disappointing given all the talk on how good they will be this year.

That somebody thought they where better then their A team was really really silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 was awful yesterday. They played very good teams but they should have played B. They have to keep the parents happy and believe they are an A team until the last deposit is paid. Last year they were a B team and have failed to show they are an A team this year. They will be a B team again this year.

That somebody thought they where better then their A team was really really silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to see how that Outlaws Black team would have done in the A bracket. They would not have won but I think they would have held their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new Outlaws Black team is just as good as outlaws select , they had their full roster yesterday and dominated , they would have dominated in last week's tournament at havoc if they had all their players.

I would like to see how that Outlaws Black team would have done in the A bracket. They would not have won but I think they would have held their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its fall ball, everybody misses players here and there. But if the new black is as good as select they should enter the A brackets and play along side select. No need to crow, just step up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most people have no clue how hard that A bracket is until they play in it. Many teams have tried and failed. There are only about six A or AA teams on Long Island now that legacy and team long island are out loosing too many players.

Its fall ball, everybody misses players here and there. But if the new black is as good as select they should enter the A brackets and play along side select. No need to crow, just step up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you post the teams you think are top 6 on Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

only 4 true A teams

igloo black ice
91 Heat
Icon
Express Channey

Outlaws Select
igloo avalance
fl$
outlaws black
Legacy Greyhounds

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow that is a major drop off after this first four teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Team Long Island? We played them 2 years ago and they were a very solid team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA -- No order Black Ice, 91 Orange, Express Channy and Icon

A -- Outlaws Select and Maybe Avalanche. Can't call Avalanche A yet but they should be after they play and practice together.

A -- last year but lost many players Legacy Greyhounds and Team Long Island. Doubtful if A anymore.

Could be A this year fl$. They always turn into an A team in 7th grade but it is not known who they added.

Both legacy teams got beat by a lot at Legacy invitational. It is fall Lax and it should not matter but the best players did leave so can't call them A until they show something.

only 4 true A teams

igloo black ice
91 Heat
Icon
Express Channey

Outlaws Select
igloo avalance
fl$
outlaws black
Legacy Greyhounds

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express will suck with our Icon kids, and water boy coaching and playing is kids friends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last years TLI team is gone. There is not one player from last year on that team. When did Legacy change from Blue Knights to Greyhounds?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last years TLI team is gone. There is not one player from last year on that team. When did Legacy change from Blue Knights to Greyhounds?

Apparently they had such high turnover they changed the name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the icon kids on Express for the entire year? Will they play for icon? I doubt they are guest players because Express had a lot of kids on that Channy team. Most don't play or play very little. If they are guest players taking playing time from kids on the team that is a bad situation. Express is Still a very good team. But is it worth sitting on the bench to tell your friends you play for Express.

Express will suck with our Icon kids, and water boy coaching and playing is kids friends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Are the icon kids on Express for the entire year? Will they play for icon? I doubt they are guest players because Express had a lot of kids on that Channy team. Most don't play or play very little. If they are guest players taking playing time from kids on the team that is a bad situation. Express is Still a very good team. But is it worth sitting on the bench to tell your friends you play for Express

We all know the answer and it doesn't matter to the kids as long as they are playing.
I think it matters to the parents to say their kid plays for express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is also at least one Express player that will be playing with Icon as well.

Icon does not have fall ball and only starts up in the spring.

I wonder how all this will work out if either team is able to qualify for WSYL. Is it against the rules playing for two teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same crap we heard about Ambush, who beat the [lacrosse] out of Outlaws Silver last year. I give Ambush credit for moving up to A instead of settling for dominating B. The only way they will get better is by playing better talent. They are a brand new team from what I hear, so it will take time for them to gel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Are the icon kids on Express for the entire year? Will they play for icon? I doubt they are guest players because Express had a lot of kids on that Channy team. Most don't play or play very little. If they are guest players taking playing time from kids on the team that is a bad situation. Express is Still a very good team. But is it worth sitting on the bench to tell your friends you play for Express

We all know the answer and it doesn't matter to the kids as long as they are playing.

Is that man-child Express middie an Icon player? One of the Dad's joked he drove the team bus to the field. Pretty funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There is also at least one Express player that will be playing with Icon as well.

Icon does not have fall ball and only starts up in the spring.

I wonder how all this will work out if either team is able to qualify for WSYL. Is it against the rules playing for two teams?

ICON does have fall ball practice once a week and we will play in a tournament in a couple of weeks

Who cares let the kid play as much and wherever he wants its really none of our business

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Team Long Island? We played them 2 years ago and they were a very solid team.

Very true, they were a solid team. Split talent now. The people who hate MG left and went with Empire or elsewhere. And also, they are the only LI team to use U-13, and U-11. So they have half theirs kids playing down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently they had such high turnover they changed the name.

The way Legacy keeps on going with losing talent, next years team will be the Chihuahua's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that man-child Express middie an Icon player? One of the Dad's joked he drove the team bus to the field. Pretty funny.

he is an icon player.... And I have no beef with a kid playing on 2 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curious...what man child?? i haven't seen one and we've been on team for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

he is an icon player.... And I have no beef with a kid playing on 2 teams.

Another example of how at this level one kid can dominate and change the game. Express had plenty of talent but the man child is a game changer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The man-child reference seems to imply a big, strong player that has hit puperty early and can physically dominate players. It's not just that, to dominate you still need some good skill, but the differentiating factor is hitting puberty early. While it can make some players seems like absolute stars in those middle school years, I don't think it serves their development well. Because they start to rely on being able to physically overpower players, bodying them, etc and don't need to focus as much on refining dodging technique, speed development. Then several years later in HS everybody catches up with their growth spurts and playing that game to physically overwhelm doesn't work. Then the players that didn't have the middle school size advantage but have great skills/speed start to outshine. So there is the potential that being big early can hinder players' development ... to their detriment down the road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't look like they suck so far.
Our icon kids? I guess your jealous some kids from your icon team moved on and your kid didn't make it.
Channy is coaching this team the waterboy has nothing to do with who is on the field. My kid is new to the team and from what I saw at the last couple of tournaments is this waterboy helping the kids out and being positive. My son told me that he's a nice guy and feels like he looks out for the team. Chaney has the reputation of playing the kids who are going to bring home the win, he doesn't care who your friends with. This kind of team doesn't work for every kid or family.
There's no need to speak negative about a team you clearly have no clue about.
People like you have a big mouth when you can post anonymously. If you have a problem with the guy either confront him or move on. You remain anonymous but everyone knows who your talking about,That doesn't seem to fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Key word for you is new, so I will cut u a break. FYI Channy
Will be at 60% of the games next summer, and you
Are losing less, that when the nice guy plays all is
Kid friends, been like that for 3 years, nothing will change .
Your kid will get bumped for a non paying guess player,
Please write back to me end of July, let's see if you feel
The same way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To add a bit of common sense with such a large roster , why is it the 2nd express team has been ignored the past two years , when two strong teams can be made? The 2nd team was ultra strong years ago , now its left out to dry ! kids standing on the sidelines of channy's team in hope of getting 2-3 minutes of play during a game does absolutely nothing but mentally break down a kid , its fall and as it get closer to spring and summer these kids wont see playtime at all. . Why cant Channy split the team up and do these kids a favor , still having competitive teams and not short changing development which is running out of time at this point closing the gap into HS.
Parents insist on accepting this type of treatment for bragging rights and not whats good for their kid. If you look at the larger picture this is not only true for express but 91 Orange as well .

The Key word for you is new, so I will cut u a break. FYI Channy
Will be at 60% of the games next summer, and you
Are losing less, that when the nice guy plays all is
Kid friends, been like that for 3 years, nothing will change .
Your kid will get bumped for a non paying guess player,
Please write back to me end of July, let's see if you feel
The same way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shaping up to be a nice weekend down in MD this for 2021's
Duke's