BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,977
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 327 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I imagine you are being facitious, but other than the goalkeepers who each played one entire game and then split the other two in the playoffs, every rostered player played in every game.

After all, these tournaments can be as much about fatigue, conditioning, depth, and attrition as anything else. If you try and run 14 kids for 4 straight games with 5 minute breaks in between, you likely will not walk away with the trophy (or the STX lacrosse sticks in this case).

If a kid makes our team, they play...just like they did against the Yellow Jackets.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with all those teams why would there be any "weak" players on the 16 yj team that played M&D? I put weak in quotes because I would have assumed the top teams were 24 or however many on the roster top players and that they would all be "key" players , otherwise they would be on the lower teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, maybe if M&D hadn't subbed in that game the score would have been different...but either way, if we hadn't subbed in that game I doubt very much our girls would have been able to go on to beat an excellent Suffolk team, Top Guns, and likely the best 2017 team in M&D Black in back to back to back games in 90 degree heat.

Gotta sub.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did the Yellow Jackets over-sub the other two times 2016 Black beat them?

C'mon...the Yellow Jackets "went home early" not because they oversubbed, but because two outstanding teams played each other in the first round and one of them won by two goals.

These teams have played twice before with similar results.

Anyway, Defo is an excellent team...look forward to playing them again. I am sure M&D will continue to sub their 22 players in all of the games, as they always do.

Never said results would have been different; simply stated not the norm. "YJ" philosophy used to be go with your best in big games for as long as possible. Maybe that is chaninging we now have two "blue" and two "gold" teams, whats next? I'm sure all 22 players on every "M&D" team played 12 min a piece in all of there respective playoff games. Your an excellent and as always we look forward to the future matchups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never said results would have been different; simply stated not the norm. "YJ" philosophy used to be go with your best in big games for as long as possible. Maybe that is chaninging we now have two "blue" and two "gold" teams, whats next? I'm sure all 22 players on every "M&D" team played 12 min a piece in all of there respective playoff games. Your an excellent and as always we look forward to the future matchups

Well, according to you Defo subbed too fairly and that hurt your team. Yet in the statement above you're commending M&D for playing all their players equally. So which is it? You only want what you consider to be the best? first of all, our team has no "starters". Who ever starts one game, the next line starts the next game. Every player is valuable and interchangeable and we have a very successful record. M&D dominated this event and looks like they play everyone fairly not what some parent considers the "best" Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, maybe if M&D hadn't subbed in that game the score would have been different...but either way, if we hadn't subbed in that game I doubt very much our girls would have been able to go on to beat an excellent Suffolk team, Top Guns, and likely the best 2017 team in M&D Black in back to back to back games in 90 degree heat.

Gotta sub.

C'mon...the Yellow Jackets "went home early" not because they oversubbed, but because two outstanding teams played each other in the first round and one of them won by two goals.

Anyway, Defo is an excellent team...look forward to playing them again. I am sure M&D will continue to sub their 22 players in all of the games, as they always do.

Never said results would have been different; simply stated not the norm. "YJ" philosophy used to be go with your best in big games for as long as possible. Maybe that is chaninging we now have two "blue" and two "gold" teams, whats next? I'm sure all 22 players on every "M&D" team played 12 min a piece in all of there respective playoff games. Your an excellent and as always we look forward to the future matchups.

Look at what the CR coached. 2018 team did. Not a single sub, so is there a yj philosophy shift? Not so sure

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not even pretend your MD teams sub equally ,they have certain players that do not even come out of the games at all. Do not even pretend that the Back half of any of these teams are as strong as the top half, I have never seen any team that is equal from top to bottom. I have no problem with a coach who plays his better players more in competitive games and plays the back ups more in less competitive games.If playing time is almost equal at the end of the season I do not see a problem. I also noticed that MD team lost to nems a couple weeks ago, not familiar with nems but it seems if they went to this tournament hey would have been in the running.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
So CR should play to loose and play everyone evenly. Now that's really funny. I did not see Syracuse or northwestern clear their bench in their quest. Why should she?
BOTC thinks that it is a very sad defense and position to compare what is effectively a sixth grade tournament with an NCAA program.

In college, there is a natural cycle of players - every four years if academic progress is managed. This year's freshman bench-rider is a potential senior year starter in the college game. Such is not the case with the club game since the group remains together.

So, you can see that Syracuse and Northwestern build their team concepts around a rotation of players through their programs. That does not happen with the youth club environment which is why team building for a club and team building at the college level are very different exercises.

Here's the real question in our minds : did the team earn a tie or not?

Here's the real answer. NO. Half the team earned the tie, I can tell you the parents were not happy at all with the no sub situation. Can't at all blame them, and to compare this to Northwestern NCAA championship game is ridiculous, you should get your head checked (and NU actually did a lot of subs in that game). In the end, there is no justification for this, even if your the parent of the alpha no sub girl you should be able to see that this is not good for the team. Just CR using the team (or half the team) to fight her personel battle.

Come on TG what's wrong are you upset that your team did not move on? What is this really about. Maybe you should have had a better strategy day 2 if your team was so deserving to move on. Looks like YJ played outstanding defense throughout day 2 to make up for the lightning bolt in a 15 min tie game. So it was all about strategy for which you did not manage properly. All CR kids played all day and enjoyed the tourney and there earned trip to finals. Oh and there group cheer with younger team after lopsided loss was great. Starters were out and coach requested that they play and not pass the ball around and play catch.They did not intentionally run up the score! They even pulled all starters against your younger team. So get off the CR bash crap it's old

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never said results would have been different; simply stated not the norm. "YJ" philosophy used to be go with your best in big games for as long as possible. Maybe that is chaninging we now have two "blue" and two "gold" teams, whats next? I'm sure all 22 players on every "M&D" team played 12 min a piece in all of there respective playoff games. Your an excellent and as always we look forward to the future matchups

Well, according to you Defo subbed too fairly and that hurt your team. Yet in the statement above you're commending M&D for playing all their players equally. So which is it? You only want what you consider to be the best? first of all, our team has no "starters". Who ever starts one game, the next line starts the next game. Every player is valuable and interchangeable and we have a very successful record. M&D dominated this event and looks like they play everyone fairly not what some parent considers the "best" Just saying.

Maybe he hurt them matbe not, I guess in "M&D" land all of the players are of equal talent. I would love to see any team ranging from recreational to the pro's in any sport where the talent base is equal on an entire roster. It doesnt mean any given roster isn't filled with talented players, fact is some players are better than others. Where do you live in Fantasy Island and walk around with a stop watch timing the substituions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did the 2015 yj real blue team win against top gun? how did they do overall in national draw?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will give you the game facts. Two of the M&D goals were scored right away against the first group in for Defo and 1 more goal at at end of the game against the same girls. that group scored 1 goal. So if Defo went with the same group the whole game it would have been 3-1 final score . Second and third group let up 1 goal and scored 1 goal for a 1-1 tie. Do you see how ridiculous this conversation is. Defo's whole team is good and everyone should play. Some players have good days and bad days so leave them in or take them out based on their play. Some players will shock you with a great performance when you least expect it. A Defo game versus M&D will always be a great one to watch cause your watching the best teams go at it. Hats off to M&D and it will be a great game next time they play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So CR should play to loose and play everyone evenly. Now that's really funny. I did not see Syracuse or northwestern clear their bench in their quest. Why should she?
BOTC thinks that it is a very sad defense and position to compare what is effectively a sixth grade tournament with an NCAA program.

In college, there is a natural cycle of players - every four years if academic progress is managed. This year's freshman bench-rider is a potential senior year starter in the college game. Such is not the case with the club game since the group remains together.

So, you can see that Syracuse and Northwestern build their team concepts around a rotation of players through their programs. That does not happen with the youth club environment which is why team building for a club and team building at the college level are very different exercises.

Here's the real answer. NO. Half the team earned the tie, I can tell you the parents were not happy at all with the no sub situation. Can't at all blame them, and to compare this to Northwestern NCAA championship game is ridiculous, you should get your head checked (and NU actually did a lot of subs in that game). In the end, there is no justification for this, even if your the parent of the alpha no sub girl you should be able to see that this is not good for the team. Just CR using the team (or half the team) to fight her personel battle.

Come on TG what's wrong are you upset that your team did not move on? What is this really about. Maybe you should have had a better strategy day 2 if your team was so deserving to move on. Looks like YJ played outstanding defense throughout day 2 to make up for the lightning bolt in a 15 min tie game. So it was all about strategy for which you did not manage properly. All CR kids played all day and enjoyed the tourney and there earned trip to finals. Oh and there group cheer with younger team after lopsided loss was great. Starters were out and coach requested that they play and not pass the ball around and play catch.They did not intentionally run up the score! They even pulled all starters against your younger team. So get off the CR bash crap it's old

I was on the sidelines for this game and this is not a TG sentiment, parents from the YJ team were plenty upset with her management of the game. Glad to hear she made it up to all the kids who didn't get to play in the competitive games. Not bashing, if your happy with your kid watching her team win from the sidelines in the competitive games good for you, some people just want to be a part of a winning team so bad that they are ok with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was on the sidelines for this game and this is not a TG sentiment, parents from the YJ team were plenty upset with her management of the game. Glad to hear she made it up to all the kids who didn't get to play in the competitive games. Not bashing, if your happy with your kid watching her team win from the sidelines in the competitive games good for you, some people just want to be a part of a winning team so bad that they are ok with that.

My daughter does not play for either of these teams. but I sat on the sideline watching my daughter play sunday morning and heard a very irrate parent compalining to YJ coaches (2015) about the lack of playing time his daughter received. 3 minutes at the end of the game is what he said. He was compalining about the coach's daughter getting too much playing time and not being one of the top players. There are unhappy parents on every team in every club. so move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can the coaches of any of these teams foresee that there would be and act of god 15 min into a game. I am sure many of the teams playing at that time had kids who did not play much just based on the fact that who really knew that would was going to happen. You just don't sub thinking you might have a lighting bolt so get everyone in as fast as you can and prepare for that. Let's be real now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will give you the game facts. Two of the M&D goals were scored right away against the first group in for Defo and 1 more goal at at end of the game against the same girls. that group scored 1 goal. So if Defo went with the same group the whole game it would have been 3-1 final score . Second and third group let up 1 goal and scored 1 goal for a 1-1 tie. Do you see how ridiculous this conversation is. Defo's whole team is good and everyone should play. Some players have good days and bad days so leave them in or take them out based on their play. Some players will shock you with a great performance when you least expect it. A Defo game versus M&D will always be a great one to watch cause your watching the best teams go at it. Hats off to M&D and it will be a great game next time they play.

Let me guess your kid is a back-up on the Defo team. I do not have a kid on YJ team but am familiar with the girls and your accounting is inaccurate, the starters gave up 1 goal on a badly missed coverage of a cutter then came right back and scored 1 goal to tie it up ,they then did not come back in until they were down by 2 with short time on the clock.If you believe all lines on that team are equal you either have no idea what you are talking about or are blind.Not saying the starters would have won the game had
they been kept in but you are clearly distorting the facts of the game.Yes it appears some of the back-ups so to speak are as good as some of the starters but overall there appears to be a large drop off pretending there is not is just trying to be politically correct.That team better start winning some tournaments or I think things will get worse,at some point and age you have to play to win.Go Tg

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares who was on sideline. How would any coach foresee that a lightning bolt is about to strike. oops here it comes better get everyone in before the game gets called. I would bet many coaches who played at that time had trouble getting kids in not just your rivals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did the real YJ blue 2015 lose again? to what team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's your excuse for the other games? What about 2 weeks ago at beach lax? Can't keep running from the truth. Fact is not all girls at younger years are playing in every game. Come on it's 5th/6th grade! By the way 15 minutes is a lot of time on the lacrosse field to get girls in... especially when it is 90 degrees outside.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's your excuse for the other games? What about 2 weeks ago at beach lax? Can't keep running from the truth. Fact is not all girls at younger years are playing in every game. Come on it's 5th/6th grade! By the way 15 minutes is a lot of time on the lacrosse field to get girls in... especially when it is 90 degrees outside.

Someone is rounding down, it was more than 25 mins into game and clearly no intent to sub. Other team subbed rotations several times by that point. No subs was clearly the gameplan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they did to M&D good for them and it was 5 to 4 win for the Yellow Jackets in the quarter finals with the LI Top Guns. I guess playing dirty only gets you so far. Checking for the girls hand is a savage move and that YJ player deserves a red card for it along with the Coach. Based on how the Refs ruled the games I think the Lacrosse community is getting tired of their dirty playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they did to M&D good for them and it was 5 to 4 win for the Yellow Jackets in the quarter finals with the LI Top Guns. I guess playing dirty only gets you so far. Checking for the girls hand is a savage move and that YJ player deserves a red card for it along with the Coach. Based on how the Refs ruled the games I think the Lacrosse community is getting tired of their dirty playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out coaches the TG fantasy island sub police are watching you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out coaches the TG fantasy island sub police are watching you.

Who cares if yj's sub or not, really the only people who should and apparantly do care are the kids and parents who don't play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta sub.

Look at what the CR coached. 2018 team did. Not a single sub, so is there a yj philosophy shift? Not so sure

Any body who says they don't care abouting winning is liar, so good for coach Rose; i am assuming she thought she was doing the correct thing. All of her team did get equal playing time over the entire course of the tournament. Maybe some players are a little more seasoned at the point and did what was right for the team, she got them to the finals against a very good M&D team and not many teams get to expierence that. Maybe 2016 Blue "Defoe" and and 2017 Blue "Bert" should have followed suit and wouldn't have had early exits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what you mean? In the the 2015 YJ's loss to M&D, did a YJ player get a red card for purposely going after a kid's hand? And are you implying the coach was behind it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question to ask. Why in God’s name would you pay money (a lot by the way) for your daughter to play travel lacrosse with the understanding that they may not play???? Great for the girls self esteem. Sorry, we have a big game here and you are not good enough to play. I understand you come to practice and your Mom and Dad paid good money for you to be on the team, but you are just not good enough. I don’t blame CR. This is America, if someone is willing to pay, take the money. I do blame CR however for not thinking about the kid that has come to practice and done everything you ask her to do and you don’t play her.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have a question to ask. Why in God’s name would you pay money (a lot by the way) for your daughter to play travel lacrosse with the understanding that they may not play???? Great for the girls self esteem. Sorry, we have a big game here and you are not good enough to play. I understand you come to practice and your Mom and Dad paid good money for you to be on the team, but you are just not good enough. I don’t blame CR. This is America, if someone is willing to pay, take the money. I do blame CR however for not thinking about the kid that has come to practice and done everything you ask her to do and you don’t play her.

I know a YJ true Blue parent who feels he's paying for the training, not the playing. His daughter I guess doesn't get that much playing time but in his opinion it's worth it. That wouldn't be my choice, but he's happy (not sure about her). Your mileage may vary.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Not sure what you mean? In the the 2015 YJ's loss to M&D, did a YJ player get a red card for purposely going after a kid's hand? And are you implying the coach was behind it?

That happened in the YJ/TG 2015 game. YJ player hacked a TG's hand to stop the offense. No red card was issued, and I can't recall if even a yellow was issued.

That game had some seriously questionable reffing, and certainly the reffing of that game was different from the reffing in all prior games.

At one point, YJ were checked for being offside, which they were. A YJ stepped from the sidelines onto the field (!!) to make the count okay, were caught by the refs, but no consequence was given. You can't make this stuff up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. They lost to M&D and yes she purposely went after the hand. The ref was shocked and yelled at her and told her to get off the field. And yes the Coach was behind it. Very dirty and very low

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone from LI to Maryland to NJ to CT knows the YJ are trained to play outside the rules. The coaches to the director do it in plain sight, in your face if you will. They are heard on the field and at the scorers table. Former players and parents talk about it. Now can we just move forward. If the officials will not do something about it it WLL NOT change. Please don't attempt to defend or deny. It's true. They use their butt end on defense with intent to intimidate and injure. They check hands with intent to intimidate and injure. Their former players report they are taught this so take it up with your own. BTW it is obvious. Insiders report the cheating....this means setting up schedules to give an unfair advantage at tournaments...that's cheating. Again this is reported by YJ members. Let's just move on....if this is for you then stay with this club. If not change. Enough said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or just do what 2016 Defoe did and just take a "Miscellanous" team of YJ players to a Maryland tournament so as to win a tournament and not worry about subbing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel Lax is not the PAL

P= Play
A= Always
L= Littlers

NOT

Actually coaches did a fine job balancing playing everyone alot and finding a way to get team to the finals. Strategic balancing of subs throughout the entire weekend ensuring that all played, managed goals against, goals for and those that are there to win had that opportunity too.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Yes. They lost to M&D and yes she purposely went after the hand. The ref was shocked and yelled at her and told her to get off the field. And yes the Coach was behind it. Very dirty and very low [/quote]

Same thing happened in the TG/YJ game. It is dirty and low. It always ticks me off when a team plays dirty when they've got enough skills to play the game without stooping to that level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. They lost to M&D and yes she purposely went after the hand. The ref was shocked and yelled at her and told her to get off the field. And yes the Coach was behind it. Very dirty and very low

Are you a parent on that team? These accusations are extremely harsh and I hope you can back it up. But I would ask any parent of YJ 2015 Blue "A" to come forward and let us know if the coaches on that team are in fact promoting this kind of behavior. You often hear of parents on that team complaining about the favoritism and lack of sportmanship, so here is your chance to really bring out something that needs to be in the forefront, if the accusations are true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches encourage it. I have see nit first hand. If a girl get a YC they laugh on the sidelines,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stood on theside line this weekend to watch my daughter play lacrosse and listen to people talk badley about a group of girls that I have truley gotten to known over the last couple of years they are hard working and committed to the sport. people say we swing out sticks we are taught to use but end of sticks they are not they are an agressie bunch of girls yes will they give 110 percent on tthe fild yes but to say they are animals and other things i would not even repeat is wrong i had my ten year ol ask me this weekend why that man was saying such nasty things about her sister who has not received one yellow crd all summer I simply said that there are not nice people in this world. I thought the officials did a fine job at the games this weekend some calls went our way and somecalls did not thats just lacrosse i am not trying to change your mind about the yj you choose there are many clubls on the island to play for play for who gives you what you child needs but there is no reason to talk about my child and her team like this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone from LI to Maryland to NJ to CT knows the YJ are trained to play outside the rules. The coaches to the director do it in plain sight, in your face if you will. They are heard on the field and at the scorers table. Former players and parents talk about it. Now can we just move forward. If the officials will not do something about it it WLL NOT change. Please don't attempt to defend or deny. It's true. They use their butt end on defense with intent to intimidate and injure. They check hands with intent to intimidate and injure. Their former players report they are taught this so take it up with your own. BTW it is obvious. Insiders report the cheating....this means setting up schedules to give an unfair advantage at tournaments...that's cheating. Again this is reported by YJ members. Let's just move on....if this is for you then stay with this club. If not change. Enough said.

The word from National Draw officals regarding scheduling was caused by CR new color system; pairings speak for themselves. Younger Blue teams usually get knocked off and rightfully so by the M&D's and TG's 18's.Littlers only one 18 Blue and one 19 Blue both put in opposite divisions and could only match up in finals. Same in Varsity 13 Blue and 14 Blue could only match up in finals. Now look in Risers and JV where there are (2) 2016 Blue and (2) 2017 Blue same goes for (2) 2015 Blue all were placed in the same bracket. Why? Let them knock each other out early!!! Didn't happen to ant other club that clearly distinguishes top team in each age group. Littlers and Varsity with "old" Blue/Gold distinction got seperated and Risers and JV new Blue/Blue Gold/Gold distinction didin't. Keep playing games CR with your club, you made it easier for the rest of us. TG closed the gap very quickly won't be long now before you get passed up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG closed the gap? Keep telling yourself that. In every Nat. Draw playoff match-ups (in all four divisions)between YJ and TG, TG lost. FACT. Go on and hate YJ and CR. I love all the lies, made-up stories, and conspiracy theories that are posted. Makes for fun reading.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR must set up every tourney schedule on the East Coast. Now do you really think these Maryland people are going to allow this. They want to beat the YJ as much as all these rival long island teams. Sorry folks they will not help the YJ they have to earn it as they did yesterday. Head to head with maryland and top guns. So stop the BS about schedules they had no easy route!! Congrats to Mand D and YJ. Two top club programs in the country!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

That happened in the YJ/TG 2015 game. YJ player hacked a TG's hand to stop the offense. No red card was issued, and I can't recall if even a yellow was issued.

That game had some seriously questionable reffing, and certainly the reffing of that game was different from the reffing in all prior games.

At one point, YJ were checked for being offside, which they were. A YJ stepped from the sidelines onto the field (!!) to make the count okay, were caught by the refs, but no consequence was given. You can't make this stuff up.

At what point will the IWLCA and National Draw Committee stop allowing this behavior? I much rather see my daughter’s team lose in a close and skilled game than to be bullied and cheated out of it. Why bother going to the National Draw any more?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or just do what 2016 Defoe did and just take a "Miscellanous" team of YJ players to a Maryland tournament so as to win a tournament and not worry about subbing.

Leave the weak players at home instead of on the sideline. That case was parents and players alienating other players making their own tournament team. Sneaky, behind the back stuff going on there. Not sure if its any worse or any different than the coaches and club directors alienating players during the game, out in the open. Both scenerios stink.

Like Reply Quote
Page 53 of 327 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard