BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 66 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 65 66
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think at 2017 and to some degree 2018 the kids and parents that are not crazy/insane about lax just kind of let the club thing go. Maybe this is happening for Looneys older teams. I checked the website and the younger teams all have full rosters so the club owner is going to make some cash. Seems like NOVA and Baltimore have so many clubs that Looneys may just be the short end of the stick at the older ages. Just my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This topic is old. Read previous threads. Let's put this to rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think at 2017 and to some degree 2018 the kids and parents that are not crazy/insane about lax just kind of let the club thing go. Maybe this is happening for Looneys older teams. I checked the website and the younger teams all have full rosters so the club owner is going to make some cash. Seems like NOVA and Baltimore have so many clubs that Looneys may just be the short end of the stick at the older ages. Just my 2 cents.

Having full rosters and having competitive teams are two separate things. Their issue is that these teams don't have a lot of good players and as they get older, the better kids leave. Plus, it's not just the daddy ball that is causing problems. There was such a takeover of this club by Carroll Manor coaches. They have been keeping CM kids at the expense of better players which has driven people away. This has been a real issue at the 2019 age and some of the younger ages as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did notice the Carrol Manor take over. Not too many other options in Hazard county. Looneys, Mavericks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having full rosters and having competitive teams are two separate things. Their issue is that these teams don't have a lot of good players and as they get older, the better kids leave. Plus, it's not just the daddy ball that is causing problems. There was such a takeover of this club by Carroll Manor coaches. They have been keeping CM kids at the expense of better players which has driven people away. This has been a real issue at the 2019 age and some of the younger ages as well.

Sorry your son was cut.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your son was cut.

Cut? From Looneys. That's funny. My kids teams crush Looneys every time they play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how these post are anonymous and people still take them personal. LOL. I do not think Looneys cut anyone. We never considered them even as a team for both my 2019 and 2017 kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did notice the Carrol Manor take over. Not too many other options in Hazard county. Looneys, Mavericks?

4 out of 30+ coaches had a previous affiliation with CM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Add Thunder and Ground Control. Plus many Harford kids play FCA and Crabs.

Outside of Baltimore County, what other MD counties have multiple club teams to choose from that are competitive?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ground Control is horrible. LOL. Nice Coaches but ugh b- teams at best.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ground Control is horrible. LOL. Nice Coaches but ugh b- teams at best.

Have to start somewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Add Thunder and Ground Control. Plus many Harford kids play FCA and Crabs.

Outside of Baltimore County, what other MD counties have multiple club teams to choose from that are competitive?

Montgomery County has Madlax, Next Level, Club Blue and Bethesda. MD Extreme is northern part of Mont County also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be accurate, but CM coaches are running 2019, 2022 and 2023. That 2019 has been full of CM kids that haven't gotten better in the last 3 years but they still have their spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be accurate, but CM coaches are running 2019, 2022 and 2023. That 2019 has been full of CM kids that haven't gotten better in the last 3 years but they still have their spot.

So 4 coaches out of 10 teams are running the program? 2023 has two teams, and only one of them have CM coaches. Aside from 2 directors, I believe the rest of the board of directors weren't associated with CM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't the club previous run by some insurance guy in Bel Air?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't the club previous run by some insurance guy in Bel Air?

Don't know, but most clubs or started and run by adults who hold full-time jobs outside of coaching youth lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So 4 coaches out of 10 teams are running the program? 2023 has two teams, and only one of them have CM coaches. Aside from 2 directors, I believe the rest of the board of directors weren't associated with CM.

You're right, the rest are from Kelly Post. So are you saying the being so CM and KP centric hasn't hurt the club? Other than 2020 all the Orange teams will struggle this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right, the rest are from Kelly Post. So are you saying the being so CM and KP centric hasn't hurt the club? Other than 2020 all the Orange teams will struggle this year.

Let's wait and see how the season progresses before saying "all" teams will struggle. What other clubs are a power house at every age group? Every club has good and not so good years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most clubs also don't fold their rising Junior and Sophomore teams. I've never heard of a club throwing in the towel for teams that old. Even if the teams weren't good, they completely abandoned those kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most clubs also don't fold their rising Junior and Sophomore teams. I've never heard of a club throwing in the towel for teams that old. Even if the teams weren't good, they completely abandoned those kids.

As a parent of a 2019 not this club team. This would crush my sons plans and goals for club lacrosse to switch clubs this late in the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did Looney's fold the teams or did they not have enough kids coming out for the teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't really matter. Why play for a club knowing your team could be folded or fall apart any fay?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did Looney's fold the teams or did they not have enough kids coming out for the teams?

18 kids left the Looneys 2018 team. What was the club supposed to do? The kids weren't abandoned. They left.

Obviously, it's an issue, but don't make it out to be something it isn't. I'm not a fan of the club, but this criticism is unfair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

18 kids left the Looneys 2018 team. What was the club supposed to do? The kids weren't abandoned. They left.

Obviously, it's an issue, but don't make it out to be something it isn't. I'm not a fan of the club, but this criticism is unfair.

The start of a new club program 4 years ago had a major impact on Looney's and Greene Turtle's older teams. Both clubs are focused on their younger teams and those teams are all pretty solid. This is old news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And nobody new is interested in the club? What about the 2017s?

And if 18 guys leave, what does it say about the club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It says that those years never recovered from losing coaches and players to FCA. That was unfortunate for Looney's then and now. HS club is very expensive because of the cost of individual registration in recruiting tournaments. Some kids don't make their HS teams or realize they don't want to play college lax. So the expense and time commitment is unnecessary and therefore less players play club. The ones that wanted to play found a home.

Youth teams are mix of solid to very good. Like most clubs some years stronger than others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it says kids come and go every year. as good as a club is, they can loose players to new clubs starting up in the area. nobody is safe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it says they had issues with the older teams, but obviously figured things out as they now have 10 teams from 2019 on down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now are you Looneys 2020 parents proud of beating kids 2 years younger by an average of 15 goals last weekend at the Brandywine Classic???? You people make me laugh, bunch of blind bullies! Give the trophy back don't advertise on your website....hahaha disgusting.
Glad to see some club teams doing the right thing! Integrity always prevails!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now are you Looneys 2020 parents proud of beating kids 2 years younger by an average of 15 goals last weekend at the Brandywine Classic???? You people make me laugh, bunch of blind bullies! Give the trophy back don't advertise on your website....hahaha disgusting.
Glad to see some club teams doing the right thing! Integrity always prevails!!!

looking at Brandywine site shows all the teams are 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone play for Looney's knowing that they folded their two oldest teams? That is like enrolling your kid at a K-12 private school in 7th grade knowing that the school decided to abandon the 10th and 11th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy people. It's up to the other club coaches to research who is in. Looneys has done brandywine for 4years. They added some more depth. Crabs will be beat them by 6

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone play for Looney's knowing that they folded their two oldest teams? That is like enrolling your kid at a K-12 private school in 7th grade knowing that the school decided to abandon the 10th and 11th graders.

2020 on down is competitive with good coaches and an enjoyable lax experience for the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets check birth certificates....grad year is meaningless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We expected REAL 2020 team there..
Sorry, long way to drive and not play...
Every team has been there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What? Properly formatted sentences please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means we thought there would be other cheating 2020 clubs there, but we drove a long way to play clubs who do things correct and we blew them all away......must have been a real long drive home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means we thought there would be other cheating 2020 clubs there, but we drove a long way to play clubs who do things correct and we blew them all away......must have been a real long drive home.

How did they cheat?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What? Properly formatted sentences please

Likely a typical Looney's parent. Probably from Bel Air.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe go back to rec ball?

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 66 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 65 66
Quick Reply