BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 42 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches recruit players not teams. If you contact they will come. If your daughter can play they will know , doesn't matter yj blue
Tg black or Joes lacrosse team from memphis a player is a player. Coaches recruit players

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
if you are on Curcios team and never see the field in big games how do you expect your daughter to get recruited? When coaches show up they want to see you play in crunch time not standing on the sidelines cheering with your war paint on

The coaches always do show up to see the top YJ teams, and its not always to the short bench games, so there will be plenty of opportunity for kids to get seen. Another option may be to go play for another club/team where you are now the go to player in crunch time. This would obviously be a much weaker team, would the coaches ever show up? That's the hard choice here, the answer will be different for different people.

Much weaker? One minute someone is saying that the whole team is stacked. Next minute, if a girl leaves, she can only be the go to girl on a much weaker team. Which one is it?

Do you honestly think that coaches will only go see YJ Blue? Please. Many kids get recruited by many different schools, not just YJ. My older daughter is playing for a mid D1, the school that she wanted. She sent an email and the coaches came and saw. Wasn't as complicated as many travel directors would like you to think. They requested that she attend a clinic at the school and the rest is history. Granted that she wasn't interested in the Marylands of the world. But then again most schools aren't in that position.

Completely agree. In fact, if you have a short list of desired schools, the camp/clinic at that school is the best way, by far, to be noticed. Way better than a coach coming to watch a tournament game. They get to work with the player directly, sometimes over multiple days. They get to know more about their personality and work ethic, and it shows them how truly interested the player is in their school. The tournament thing and the emphasis by some clubs on promoting their championships as a way to prove recruiting prowess is nonsense. The reason why YJ Blue girls get recruited is because they r great athletes and players. But the reason they are great athletes and players has very little to do w YJ. They likely would be that wherever they played. It reminds me of an IMG academy director I met in another sport. He said "We get 100 players come through here each year. 90 of them are what they are. With the ten truly great ones, if we haven't screwed them up by the time they leave we have done our job."

If the girls are good, they will find their way to the college that fits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GO back to the "coaches recruit players" comment which is spot on. So why would you ever sit quietly on the end of anyone's bench even if it is the best team?

You need to play and be on the field. You are right again that coaches will come but what you don't say is they come when they can and stay for as long as they can. If they show for a game that you're buried on the bench you are screwed. Coaches don't care that your team won the tournament only parents and directors care about that.

Its actually better for you to be a starter on Jones than #25 on Curcio.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GO back to the "coaches recruit players" comment which is spot on. So why would you ever sit quietly on the end of anyone's bench even if it is the best team?

You need to play and be on the field. You are right again that coaches will come but what you don't say is they come when they can and stay for as long as they can. If they show for a game that you're buried on the bench you are screwed. Coaches don't care that your team won the tournament only parents and directors care about that.

Its actually better for you to be a starter on Jones than #25 on Curcio.

Make that #26

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The jealousy of the top team in the country is so transparent. First I know that in 9 out of 10 games they play ,playing time is equal, in that other game some kids do play more than others but all get in.Second ,the team will be so stacked this year that equal playing time will almost be a given as I do not see too many teams that are going to keep it close .Third, the reason they do not want to switch to another club at this point they are the only true A level team left on Long Island .The next closest thing is a new club that essentially has been built upon disgruntled B team players ( I believe they will easily be the second best team in age group on LI this year as their coach is very good).Where would you want them to go to Liberty, Elevate,who are non competitive, or go to TG who now has a team that will be awful. If you want to go to Towson or Hofstra then TG is definitely the place to go as 14 of the last 25 commitments are to one of those schools.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
the King has spoken, all hail the King...

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by anonomous
the King has spoken, all hail the King...

hahahaha.. but hey, it might just be the "Queen".

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
LOL...true...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The jealousy of the top team in the country is so transparent. First I know that in 9 out of 10 games they play ,playing time is equal, in that other game some kids do play more than others but all get in.Second ,the team will be so stacked this year that equal playing time will almost be a given as I do not see too many teams that are going to keep it close .Third, the reason they do not want to switch to another club at this point they are the only true A level team left on Long Island .The next closest thing is a new club that essentially has been built upon disgruntled B team players ( I believe they will easily be the second best team in age group on LI this year as their coach is very good).Where would you want them to go to Liberty, Elevate,who are non competitive, or go to TG who now has a team that will be awful. If you want to go to Towson or Hofstra then TG is definitely the place to go as 14 of the last 25 commitments are to one of those schools.

didn't really see any jealously - poster said you need to be on the field and many on this team contrary to your PR press release are not.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
you sit around the house in your YJ jammies writing this dribble?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for summarizing all 2020 for us. So, there you have it if your daughter is not one of the 26 YJ Blue players go home and tell her to put down her stick! There is no point for her to even play. The above poster is all knowing and apparently can see into the future and knows how each 2020 team will do next summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy 2nd best team. Thanks Mr or Mrs. Lax. YJ 2nd team pretty good also. Let's see how summer goes before you give them that title

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I am guessing that he/she is first one in lobby of hotel before anyone else for breakfast, sporting the latest in YJ swag--just like the coaches wear..first one to the tent with fruit dish or home baked cookies...has the chair at midfield all day...prob with a YJ "My daughter is on YJ Blue team" bumper sticker.. jumps up and down during games....then drinks his/her beer later at the hotel bar real slow so he/she doesn't have to reach into the pocket to get next round..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that's funny and accurate. Im actually a YJ parent and agree with your last post. Don't forget the blanket.. some even wrap themselves in YJ blankets when it is 70 degrees out. Thanks for the laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The blankets are everywhere, football & cheer games, soccer and I even saw one indoors last year at volleyball.

It's like the girl from the movie bridesmaids - You feel sick, NOPE. YJ mommy, you look hot (and not in that way) NOPE, I am just required to have the blanket on at all times regardless of the temperature

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Legacy 2nd best team."

… Ba Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! That's a joke right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Legacy 2nd best team."

… Ba Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! That's a joke right?

I think I might agree with them. Certainly a case can be made especially after the dust settles on player movement this year. Explain why you think this is a joke?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the coaching turnout in Maryland this weekend? Everyone knows the list of coaches attending is always over inflated but there is usually a pretty good showing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the teams doing today in Maryland?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the coaching turnout in Maryland this weekend? Everyone knows the list of coaches attending is always over inflated but there is usually a pretty good showing.

I am pretty sure most college teams were playing this weekend. Loyola is hosting today as well as Penn State. Doesn't seem as if it would be a good weekend for exposure to coaches. Duke, UNC, Florida all playing in North Carolina.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1 and D2 can only evaluate and recruit on the 3 weekends in November

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the YJ doing at this tourney?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't ask

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did they not do well? I thought this team was stacked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't ask

Does that mean they did well and you don't want to hear about it; or did someone start humming " We are the Champions" just a little too soon?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't ask

Not sure what that means. They lost to a very good Hero's team their first game. The field was slick and there was a lot of slipping and sliding. Goalie was great, kept them in the game but they couldn't transition the ball down the field and score. The other three games they won by a margin of 15 points or more each.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Curcio was there things would have been different.
PAL at its best!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL at its best!!!!

Were you even there?? Beating teams 20-1 isn't PAL, these girls are good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams did you beat?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL at its best!!!!

Were you even there?? Beating teams 20-1 isn't PAL, these girls are good!

Beating anyone 20-1 is BUSH and thumping your chest makes you a TOOL! Stat padding, the YJ way...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams did you beat ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score the Heroes game? 35-20 lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't ask

Not sure what that means. They lost to a very good Hero's team their first game. The field was slick and there was a lot of slipping and sliding. Goalie was great, kept them in the game but they couldn't transition the ball down the field and score. The other three games they won by a margin of 15 points or more each.

Was this even the full Curcio team or a mix of girls from the 4 2020 teams? I know the 2021 team was a mixture and got handled 14-6 by M&D. Can't expect a mixed team to come down and compete with Hero's Green.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't ask

Does that mean they did well and you don't want to hear about it; or did someone start humming " We are the Champions" just a little too soon?

Grass isn't greener?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i dont know if coaching would have helped or not. Combo team or not they ran into a buzz saw known as 2020 Heros green. You better bring your A game when playing 2020 green heros. By the way the field was slippery for both teams. that was the first game the 2020 heros green played together this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 very good kids were not there and only 2 from other 2020 teams. We had almost everyone else on blue and didn't play well at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i dont know if coaching would have helped or not. Combo team or not they ran into a buzz saw known as 2020 Heros green. You better bring your A game when playing 2020 green heros. By the way the field was slippery for both teams. that was the first game the 2020 heros green played together this fall.

I'm not a YJ parent. In fact I'm from MD. But thumping your chest after beating a mixed YJ team seems a little much. Show some class Hero's...There will be a lot of games played next summer between YJ, Heros and M&D. There will be a lot of games this fall between Heros and M&D. When all that is over, if Heros has proven to be the best, then go ahead and talk all you want. Last year Curcio was the best team. We will see what happens this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 very good kids were not there and only 2 from other 2020 teams. We had almost everyone else on blue and didn't play well at all

That's very honest of you. Lot of games to be played throughout the year.

Heros parents at all ages have been talking a lot of trash since Bitmore folded and Heros grabbed their top players. Looking forward to seeing if they can back up the talk at the 2020 and 2021 ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no disrespect was intended on my previous post and was not thumping my chest. YJ has a great team and always will. it is always great to play good competitive teams, then you can gauge how good your team really is. i believe Heros 2020 split with YJ winning the m & d tournament and losing to YJ in the championship game at Lax for the cure. By the way Heros 2020 added 3 girls and none were from Bitmore.

Page 12 of 42 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard