BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 97 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT's high school team are very strong and can play with anyone. The youth has too many john jay kids as they are trying to strengthen the JJ HS program, but he weeds them out for his HS teams. I agree that 3d Tristate, Eclipse, LIE North & even Superstars will all get better and lax in this area will become much stronger.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Fall program for the PT youth teams is optional. Many kids play other sports and choose not to do the Fall. As a result, they will often field a combined team (such as 2021/2022 or 2022/2023) depending on the numbers that choose to do Fall. Has been this way in the past and no diff this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No doubt prime time in the hay day had the best players. But with all these new programs popping up. That is changing. It's really sad. But it's true. Primetime had a monopoly in the area. As an example. They were unable to field a 4th grade squad this year. Again. Sad. But reality

Can't argue with the showcase numbers. Someone still believes PT is still the premiere program up here. If not PT, then who?

What showcase or showcases are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not anti pt. But the fact is that the 2024 team had 14 kids at each tryout and they were begging anyone with 4 limbs to play. The fact is Daniello has hurt as many kids as he has helped. In the future that program will not be what it was. I hear Daniello is on the john jay board now so maybe he will strong arm these poor kids into playing pt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not anti pt. But the fact is that the 2024 team had 14 kids at each tryout and they were begging anyone with 4 limbs to play. The fact is Daniello has hurt as many kids as he has helped. In the future that program will not be what it was. I hear Daniello is on the john jay board now so maybe he will strong arm these poor kids into playing pt.

express north 2024 coach is giner from JJ.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for superstar 2024. We attended pt , 91, and Long Island express as well as the team we picked. Express north had the greatest depth in talent. Not suggesting they can compete at the hughes level. But saying in the north they seemed to have the greatest number of better kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Giner is asst coach. Jay hill Harvey school is coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for superstar 2024. We attended pt , 91, and Long Island express as well as the team we picked. Express north had the greatest depth in talent. Not suggesting they can compete at the hughes level. But saying in the north they seemed to have the greatest number of better kids

didn't 91 get beat up last weekend on LI? superstars doing a fall tourney

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 did not get beat up last weekend. They lost 2 games by 1 and 1 game by 5 and played with a kid that never played goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you rank lacrosse programs based on showcase invitations then Prime Time is #1. I'm very thankful I ignored the rhetoric being spewed by some loud mouths about which program has the most clout. We made the right choice.

Where is this #1 program playing this fall or next summer? Using clout or politics to get some kids into a several hundred player Showcase is one thing - getting the team to play in front of a slew a college coaches every week this fall and next summer is another thing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 did not get beat up last weekend. They lost 2 games by 1 and 1 game by 5 and played with a kid that never played goalie

They lost to a town team, a brand new b team program and million who is a low end B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im not a91 parent but give me a break- no one said they were a high level super team- that is ignorant- every team with the exception of the wolfpack, taz and a few others in LI are a glorified town team, lets look at westchester - 91- larchmont, scarsdale , john jay- express north- bedford, John jay, Primetime- John Jay, (if they even have a team) every single team has some combination of town kids. Last year PT lost to garden city 4th grade, big time teams get beat by Manhasset 32, the point is- 91 - did not get blown up, they competed and lost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost to a town team, a brand new b team program and million who is a low end B team.

What town team beat them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So called B teams from LI are as good, if not better than, top teams elsewhere. No shame in losing to LI teams. The lax is great out there, especially the depth. As for 91 TS, they had young teams out there. For instance, they played in the 2022 bracket with a team of mostly 2023 kids. In the summer they will be more on age and will do fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm saying that is 10000% true now. But won't be the case in 5 years as kids are now spread out. I'm not anti pt.

My son is a 2019 grad, I don't care about 5 years from now. Primetime made promises about showcases and they delivered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
daniello works very very hard for his boys!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm saying that is 10000% true now. But won't be the case in 5 years as kids are now spread out. I'm not anti pt.

My son is a 2019 grad, I don't care about 5 years from now. Primetime made promises about showcases and they delivered.

Will be curious to see if this is one of those showcases where the all star games are picked before the games are even played. Tough to stand out - over 250 kids coming...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I said for HS showcases Daniello is the best. For youth not so much. 2020,2021,& 2023 were low grade B teams. 2022 was a solid A team. My suggestion play elsewhere for youth and play for PT in the HS years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Headed to a nice tourney next weekend should get a good sense of where we belong. Who can tell me which team is the better of the Laxachusetts teams White or Green. Do they have another team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Headed to a nice tourney next weekend should get a good sense of where we belong. Who can tell me which team is the better of the Laxachusetts teams White or Green. Do they have another team?

They have many teams - Black being the best - no idea which colors come next, have a feeling those kids swap back and forth between all those teams depending on need.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are absolutely known for swapping kids from team to team depending on the schedule. You may be scheduled to play their 3rd team, but if the black team is free, expect 7-8 of their kids to show up. They are a complete joke.

They have many teams - Black being the best - no idea which colors come next, have a feeling those kids swap back and forth between all those teams depending on need.

They are absolutely known for swapping kids from team to team depending on the schedule. You may be scheduled to play their 3rd team, but if the black team is free, expect 7-8 of their kids to show up. They are a complete joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black will be with all the other top 2019 teams next weekend at Boys Latin - loaded group - Madlax, 91, Edge, Crabs, Express, Express North, HHH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black will be with all the other top 2019 teams next weekend at Boys Latin - loaded group - Madlax, 91, Edge, Crabs, Express, Express North, HHH

batch slapped

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just came from the Blatant tournament. Looks like they had the express 2021 in the A bracket. They beat outlaws, 91 and igloo. Lost to Channy in the final pretty badly.. Looked like they were out of gas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just came from the Blatant tournament. Looks like they had the express 2021 in the A bracket. They beat outlaws, 91 and igloo. Lost to Channy in the final pretty badly.. Looked like they were out of gas.

those are igloo and 91 B teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North 2021 beat solid teams in Outlaws & Avalanche. They both are top ten teams on the Island. Channy's team has some real good athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Avalanche team beat Primetime twice last summer,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

those are igloo and 91 B teams

Thank you for being so predictable. If you are one of the over bearing LI Igloo parents who couldn't shut up and were berating their own players, you should be real proud. "This is embarrassing" was said more than once. The Igloo parents were more into the game than any of the players. Get a life and let the kids play the game and have just a little fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
other than 2022 tean- express north has fared pretty well for the most part

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT had well over 100 kids tryout for 2019 team. $70/per kid to have a shot and that many showed. There has to be a reason so many wanted to play there. Good pay day for them too. I'm not a fan of the pay to tryout but I'm also not a business type guy. Many parents not too happy with the amount of kids that showed up and in long run it hurts a progroam in my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT had well over 100 kids tryout for 2019 team.....

....Many parents not too happy with the amount of kids that showed up and in long run it hurts a progroam in my opinion.

More kids at tryouts indicates there is more interest and competition for spots. That generally favors the overall quality of the team if they have strong coaching (a big if).

Some parents may not like it because their kid may not get the call.

Welcome to the world of competitive club lacrosse. It is not always pleasant and there are plenty of 'life lessons' to be had.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will beat you guys next time. Everyone knows lacrosse is only played on LI. Upstate is B level lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will beat you guys next time. Everyone knows lacrosse is only played on LI. Upstate is B level lax

Tool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very impressed with north 2021. We spanked them last year at NLF and now they won 7 out of 8 games this fall only losing to a strong team in Express Channy. Guess we will have our hands full at Yale, lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very impressed with north 2021. We spanked them last year at NLF and now they won 7 out of 8 games this fall only losing to a strong team in Express Channy. Guess we will have our hands full at Yale, lol

Who is "we"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and only beating B teams from igloo and 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U and your agenda are funny your either miserable or I wonder who

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

....Many parents not too happy with the amount of kids that showed up and in long run it hurts a progroam in my opinion.

More kids at tryouts indicates there is more interest and competition for spots. That generally favors the overall quality of the team if they have strong coaching (a big if).

Welcome to the world of competitive club lacrosse. It is not always pleasant and there are plenty of 'life lessons' to be had.

I think it came off as more of a money grab. They know only 4 maybe 5 spots will turnover and they see 124 kids sign up for the tryout. You can build brand equity by sending an email stating a high number of kids trying out for limited spots. In a perfect world at least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it came off as more of a money grab. They know only 4 maybe 5 spots will turnover and they see 124 kids sign up for the tryout. You can build brand equity by sending an email stating a high number of kids trying out for limited spots. In a perfect world at least.

Or set up a b team and grab more bucks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they take the best of the hundred.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 97 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard