BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 90 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Which Legacy team is that ?

And where did he coach in the past?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He told us he wrestled in high school. But never played lacrosse. He tought himself all about lacrosse while coaching Islip PAL lacrosse. Thank God we pay $2000 a year to have him around .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He told us he wrestled in high school. And that he never played lacrosse. He taught himself the game by coaching PAL for Islip. Thank God we paid over $2000 a year for this guy .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is the assistant with 2025 2023 and 2020b. He has a kid on each team and all of them would be in trouble without him favoring them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Fran is a loud trouble maker who never shuts up

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I found out his old Islip pal team was in a tournament this weekend at mount Saini and wouldn't let him coach because he is so disliked and the kids are sick of him playing favorites

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet that is why the Islip kids all left legacy 2025. To get away from this jerk. They may be the smart ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More and more parents getting fed up the politics and star system looking elsewhere to play, pulling their kids out of the 34 program because some kids tryout, while some make a phone call, some have to commit to only one team while others are free to play for as many as they want, delusional parents who enable their sons convincing him he is a superstar (since grade 4) then said parents become apoplectic when junior doesn't make the middle school A team even though he has been on the town travel A team for years. Demanding the better kids be penalized for not playing for the town - "It's Not Fair!!", people thinking that their kids are entitled special treatment regardless of current ability...I can continue...
The whole GC program is a shell of what it once was. Youth system in town is broken. Enjoy the banners in the gym we currently have...will be a whole generation before any new ones are raised...

How is it broken? Just curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played for Coach Fran on a Legacy team for two years. He is a passionate coach who loves his players. I was under the impression that he played lacrosse at the DIII level in college but that really doesn't matter. My son loved him and I thought that he was fair. He coaches 3 teams because it is expensive to have 3 boys playing travel lacrosse. It is a big commitment and he should be commended for it. It looks like sour grapes from here because he cut your sons playing time. This is travel lacrosse. If you don't perform you don't play so much. Tell your son to work harder and stop blaming others for your own shortcomings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I've heard they tried to lock the kids up so they didnt play outside in the summer. Required some commitment from every kid that it would be their priority club. If you agree to it and dont live up to that commitment, then you should be penalized - personally, dont see the big deal there. You dont want to commmit, go play somewhere else. Sounds like the bigger problem is the same as with some other travel clubs - the few parents who think their kids should be treated differently and held to different standards because in their opinion they are better than all the others. They think their kid should be out there every play, and only their kid or a few select others should be allowed to handle the ball or take shots, usually to the detriment of everyone else on the team. The GC program is relatively new, so its tough to say their youth system is broken since there really never was one before. Sounds like they're still figuring it out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If everyone is playing by the same ground rules then it is fine. They were not. The biggest beneficiary of this mess will be Chaminade and the rest of the Nassau public schools.
From what I've heard they tried to lock the kids up so they didnt play outside in the summer. Required some commitment from every kid that it would be their priority club. If you agree to it and dont live up to that commitment, then you should be penalized - personally, dont see the big deal there. You dont want to commmit, go play somewhere else. Sounds like the bigger problem is the same as with some other travel clubs - the few parents who think their kids should be treated differently and held to different standards because in their opinion they are better than all the others. They think their kid should be out there every play, and only their kid or a few select others should be allowed to handle the ball or take shots, usually to the detriment of everyone else on the team. The GC program is relatively new, so its tough to say their youth system is broken since there really never was one before. Sounds like they're still figuring it out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What mess? I don't follow that logic... Chaminade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish A had a good day as well, faced 2 tough teams but still put a fight up as it was their first time playing together. looks like a very well ran and organized team that will be very competitive in the summer. a lot of talent on the team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish A had a good day as well, faced 2 tough teams but still put a fight up as it was their first time playing together. looks like a very well ran and organized team that will be very competitive in the summer. a lot of talent on the team

Good to hear! Some real nice kids on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent whose son played for Fran how would I see him kiss the directors [lacrosse]? I never saw any of them at a tournament. The boy who played with us was a solid player and one of the best at his position. By making all this noise on an anonymous website what are you teaching your son? To complain when things don't go his way? Tell him to work harder and be the best player that he can be. If he does that no coach can hold him back! Also his boy is one of ten on the field. That leaves nine other spots for your kid. Tell him to go earn one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is mentally unstable. I have seen him loose it on more then one occasion whenever his son gets touched or our legacy team falls behind. He is a poor role model and shouldn't be around kids. According to this he knows nothing about lacrosse. Over the past three years I have seen nothing to change my opinion. Legacy should cut their looses and get rid of him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree with the other post. Why are we paying so much and getting this self serving unknowledgeable weak at best coach who takes over every practice we have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The directors are at the tournaments. Smarty and I see him kiss [lacrosse] all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mentally unstable? Who the [lacrosse] are you calling mentally unstable?
You are talking about little "kids" playing a frigin laxrosse game and a dad putting in time with a bunch of amazing kids! You frigin coward piece of crap!
He coaches my 8 year old and is an amazing person! Just because you have a personal issue with someone don't come on here and make up lies! Jealousy is a very sad thing but we are dealing with children and an amazing family!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. What a complete joke of a post. Could not be farther from the truth. Bunch of anonymous cowards and losers on this site.

Many options out there. Just choose a different club and go far away.

Or maybe you are already gone and just stirring things up. Either way you need to look at yourself in the mirror everyday. S bag.

Teach your boy to work harder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Putting the guys whole name up anonymously is a cowardly [lacrosse] move. Grow a pair and post YOUR name! The little guy may slap you up in front of your kid and rightfully so! [lacrosse]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No actually I am talking about a little snake coach who stole playing time from my kid and paraded his on the field 2weeks ago. He has done this too long with no one even seeing it happen. Now I am bringing the attention to it that it should get. A player shouldn't get taken care of because he is an assistant coaches kid who only does this to get his kid ahead. His behavior on the field have been awful. Fran is not a good role model for young kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah seriously guys, take any issues you have with him offline. there are kids involved here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah seriously guys, take any issues you have with him offline. there are kids involved here.

This is beyond ugly now. Speak with the other team parents and approach the club director.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen to yourself ! Stole playing time from my kid, his kid plays more than my kid so now I'm going to call him unstable and a bad person and then I will post his name so everyone knows who he is! Grow up this is frigin little boy 8yh grade lacrosse! What are you teaching your kid ? Do you think this will blow his college scholarship ? You need to go away and look at the real problems in this world it's just a game and believe me at the high school level if your kid even makes it that far at this rate you will not even be able to communicate with the coach about playing time ! Enjoy your son and his game that he enjoys to play and stop bashing'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen to yourself ! Stole playing time from my kid, his kid plays more than my kid so now I'm going to call him unstable and a bad person and then I will post his name so everyone knows who he is! Grow up this is frigin little boy 8yh grade lacrosse! What are you teaching your kid ? Do you think this will blow his college scholarship ? You need to go away and look at the real problems in this world it's just a game and believe me at the high school level if your kid even makes it that far at this rate you will not even be able to communicate with the coach about playing time ! Enjoy your son and his game that he enjoys to play and stop bashing'

I have said this time and time again. This is not just a game for kids - It is a business.

You lose the "its just a game" when parents are paying thousands of dollars. As far as blowing up a site with these comments. Some people know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em, know when to walk away and when to run. These days people know when to blog'em on sites like this.

If you are feeling crossed enough to blog away Id say run. It is tough having or being on a 2nd team behind a good team. What I don't get isnt there other coaches. If its that the Ravage team, I thought they were a good team coached by East Islip guys who have sons on the team. I doubt they would let that happen. or did they finally let them on Team Taz.

Lets not rush to judgment on either side but when there is smoke there is fire.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I was under impression that bashing folks by name on this site was verboten?...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love reading the dysfunction that is STRONG ISLAND.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ravage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous

Only kids...adults are fair game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice slate of games set for Hill School play day. Nov. 1. I'll post scores if I can grab them all.

9am FCA vs Express Sons vs 91md

10am Looney's vs Mesa Legacy vs Hawks

11am Sons vs Express FCA vs 91md

12pm Looney's vs legacy Hawks vs Mesa

1pm open 91md vs Express

2pm Legacy vs Mesa Looney's vs Hawks

3pm Sons vs FCA open

BTW, Crabs and Looney's had planned an NLF event that collapsed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mentally unstable? Who the [lacrosse] are you calling mentally unstable?
You are talking about little "kids" playing a frigin laxrosse game and a dad putting in time with a bunch of amazing kids! You frigin coward piece of crap!
He coaches my 8 year old and is an amazing person! Just because you have a personal issue with someone don't come on here and make up lies! Jealousy is a very sad thing but we are dealing with children and an amazing family!

I'd call this mentally unstable...LOL

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by anonomous

I don't care if you guys bash each other, coaches, parents, trainers.. You are so called adults and can defend yourselves.. just leave the kids out of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don Mattingly sucks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who put this all together????
Nice slate of games set for Hill School play day. Nov. 1. I'll post scores if I can grab them all.

1pm open 91md vs Express

3pm Sons vs FCA open

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Potvin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Potvin

Potvin sucks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1pm open 91md vs Express

3pm Sons vs FCA open

That is quite a bit of talent. Wouldn't be surprised if a college coach or two takes a look.

Well done to these teams for coordinating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10/31 lineup
9am
Igloo 2020 Madlax 2020
Sweetlax 2020 Koopers 2020
Dukes 2020 Leading Edge 2020