BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Girls 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Girls 2022-6th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question, my daughter played on 2022 team last year but is a 2023 player. Do clubs usually make you tryout for 2023 or can do clubs usually have them tryout with the team that she played for all last summer. She was an above average player but not the best player on the field. The team was very competitive and successful and my daughter really enjoyed the girls she was playing with. Just not sure of the protocol at most clubs. Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a question, my daughter played on 2022 team last year but is a 2023 player. Do clubs usually make you tryout for 2023 or can do clubs usually have them tryout with the team that she played for all last summer. She was an above average player but not the best player on the field. The team was very competitive and successful and my daughter really enjoyed the girls she was playing with. Just not sure of the protocol at most clubs. Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance

I would say that she would try out with the age that she wants to play on. Most clubs will have you attend those tryouts. But best bet is to ask the specific club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks in advance

I would say that she would try out with the age that she wants to play on. Most clubs will have you attend those tryouts. But best bet is to ask the specific club.

she trys out where she wants to play if she is young and not up to snuff (doubt it here) they will move her if necessary.

Always challenge your daughter but be a parent first and foremost. Enjoy the ride it could be both fun and frustrating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I have a question, my daughter played on 2022 team last year but is a 2023 player. Do clubs usually make you tryout for 2023 or can do clubs usually have them tryout with the team that she played for all last summer. She was an above average player but not the best player on the field. The team was very competitive and successful and my daughter really enjoyed the girls she was playing with. Just not sure of the protocol at most clubs. Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance

The club would probably have her play with her own age group especially since she didn't stand out playing up. You should talk to the club I'm sure her coach from the past season can give a recommendation either way. Good luck.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on an Indoor Winter league for this age group? Currently looking for a town team league (an extension of P.A.L)We have played at the Hub the last 2 years.. at $3K for 10 games it just seems like a bit too much money to ask parents to pay.

Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Checkout Globall Sports

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesnt appear that Global has a girls indoor league

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that try outs are over and thoughts on teams on rise or decline
What tourneys are everyone going to on Long Island and away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I havent seen a roster for our club yet.. (YJ)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buddy of mine who's daughter wa on A team last year said Try out numbers were low only like 13 new girls didn't look everyone from B team returned and will only have two teams
They were hoping to have 3 for this age group

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anyone playing winter ball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG are just training

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Bandits just training- no winter league

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big year for this age group as the girls enter middle school after the Summer season. It seems that this particular age is when girls physically develop in leaps and bounds, like no other year. Invisible kids from the year prior all of the sudden emerge as studs. Many of those ahead of the curve kids start to disappear. It is also funny, or sad, depends how you look at it, to watch all the politically placed kids start to really struggle. The coaches daughter and the group of friends that have all been on the top teams starts to corrode the teams that are politically put together. Sorry, if there is more than one or two kids from one town on an elite club's top team, something drastically wrong is going on. By far this is the most dramatic year for change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big year for this age group as the girls enter middle school after the Summer season. It seems that this particular age is when girls physically develop in leaps and bounds, like no other year. Invisible kids from the year prior all of the sudden emerge as studs. Many of those ahead of the curve kids start to disappear. It is also funny, or sad, depends how you look at it, to watch all the politically placed kids start to really struggle. The coaches daughter and the group of friends that have all been on the top teams starts to corrode the teams that are politically put together. Sorry, if there is more than one or two kids from one town on an elite club's top team, something drastically wrong is going on. By far this is the most dramatic year for change.

Yes, true. Hard to swallow for many. Glad my daughter will be o e to emerge and excell. Looking forward to this. It's always better to be off the radar and excell when the time is right! The play won't lie!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I got to ask, are you really bitter about how things turned out for your own child or is this just a friendly public service announcement?

As a parent of three girls I would say 6-7 was the most dramatic change in attitude but not physically. 7-8 in our case but maybe we had late bloomers.

Sorry about the A team though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I got to ask, are you really bitter about how things turned out for your own child or is this just a friendly public service announcement?

As a parent of three girls I would say 6-7 was the most dramatic change in attitude but not physically. 7-8 in our case but maybe we had late bloomers.

Sorry about the A team though

I'm sorry about the A team too. I have had several go through the travel gauntlet and all well past this age group. On every A team there are 6-8 players who flat out belong there. I feel very lucky to be viewing from that perspective, but believe it or not, the politics and shuffle is frustrating to watch as it does effect the entire team. I'm sure it is even more frustrating being a player whose placement is directly effected by the politics. Regardless, this is the age where all those political placed players jump off the page and frustrate people, including those who flat out belong. Consider it a public service announcement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 3 teams on the island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ
Liberty
Top Guns

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ A -they beat everybody
Top Gun Black - went 20-3 and never lost to a LI team
and third is either Legacy which almost beat TG or YJ B

Liberty has gotten handled and when played TG, TG missed two of their best players that day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty has gotten handled and when played TG, TG missed two of their best players that day.

There are a few local town teams that might be 3rd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They might score some goals a keep it close but that is about the best they can hope for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nn

They might score some goals a keep it close but that is about the best they can hope for

Last summer liberty beat a local team by 1. It was a very competitive game decided in the last minutes. Some towns have the talent to field very good teams,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be nice if these teams just played each other!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nn

Last summer liberty beat a local team by 1. It was a very competitive game decided in the last minutes. Some towns have the talent to field very good teams,

Did you ever think Liberty is not very good team and either was the town team they beat by 1? TG ran over this team at Hofstra last summer. Liberty was physically out matched though they did have good stick skills

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty Black and TG Black played to a 12-12 tie at Hofstra last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't YJ B beat Liberty Black in Farmingdale last summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just the very idea that someone would remember a 5th/6th grade girls summer lax score result is pretty scary...wow....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just the very idea that someone would remember a 5th/6th grade girls summer lax score result is pretty scary...wow....

Don't be ridiculous ,so a parent remembers if her daughters team won a game ,so what. Could not tell you the scores but I remember many of my college age sons all star little league results as in who won. What is scary is that you do not remember any of your daughters games from last summer , maybe put down the solo cup and pat attention.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes they did, YJ B went 4-0 that tournament although they lost to the A team in the final...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction TG was 20-3-1 tie vs Liberty last summer

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

yes they did, YJ B went 4-0 that tournament although they lost to the A team in the final...

Did they play the finals or was it forfiet to A team
I know that was done I one tourny -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty tied Top Gun Black with TG missing two best offensive players, otherwise would not have even been close. In fact TG went on to win that tourney at Hofstra and Liberty did not even make it to the finals.

YJ A
TG Black
third is probably YJ B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gg1j18

Did they play the finals or was it forfiet to A team
I know that was done I one tourny -

YJ A,B coaches decided not to play the game. A is definitely the better team. A technically "won" the tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty tied Top Gun Black with TG missing two best offensive players, otherwise would not have even been close. In fact TG went on to win that tourney at Hofstra and Liberty did not even make it to the finals.

YJ A
TG Black
third is probably YJ B

Sorry but I've seen Legacy play and they are about the same as TG and a step better than YJ. Of course that was last year and things do change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ 2022's are scheduled to play at the Midatlantic tournament in May in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams does YJ have at this age group?
2 or 3 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams does YJ have at this age group?
2 or 3 ?

looks like 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ 2022's are scheduled to play at the Midatlantic tournament in May in MD.

So?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard