BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 327 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
But then the coach's next question will likely be "Which blue team are we talking about, the REAL blue, or "Blue B"
Actually, no. The college coach's first questions will be "What is your GPA?" and "How were your Board Scores?"
Rumour has it that Larry Miller might be at National Draw this weekend, any truth to that?
[Linked Image]No. He will be Fourth of July shopping for the Yellow Jackets senior brass ... Victoria's Secret will be unveiling their new Fall 2012 Lacrosse outfits.
CageSage, do you have the results of this past weekends two tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And how old are you guys? I expect this from my 13 year old son and his pubescent buddies.

A little disrespectful for young girls dont ya think coming from fathers I assume?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry M.
But then the coach's next question will likely be "Which blue team are we talking about, the REAL blue, or "Blue B"
Actually, no. The college coach's first questions will be "What is your GPA?" and "How were your Board Scores?"
Rumour has it that Larry Miller might be at National Draw this weekend, any truth to that?
[Linked Image]No. He will be Fourth of July shopping for the Yellow Jackets senior brass ... Victoria's Secret will be unveiling their new Fall 2012 Lacrosse outfits.

Cage Sage, you spoiled my surprise, but doesn't Carol Rose look great in the new Yellow Jackets uniform?

Thank god her lacrosse knowledge is much better than your attempt at humor-at least post something that would make us chuckle

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry M.

Cage Sage, you spoiled my surprise, but doesn't Carol Rose look great in the new Yellow Jackets uniform?

Thank god her lacrosse knowledge is much better than your attempt at humor-at least post something that would make us chuckle
If you want a chuckle you can picture CR in that outfit, if that doesn't make you laugh nothing will!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how come liberty not at national draw?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post on liberty thread not here who cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post on liberty thread not here who cares
Why are such an [lacrosse], your the reason every one hates our club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok and the pic above is appropriate?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ok and the pic above is appropriate?
What's wrong with the picture? Victoria's Secret used this campaign to market to sports minded ladies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Sky Walkers , T3, T.L.C., Loonys, Green Turtles, S.J.S, NEMS , or Heros. The firs 2 days are over and look at the scores 20-0, 22-1. Look at the Risers division , 2 M&D teams playing each other for championship.Weak tourney that teams go to to pad there web pages with tales of victory. None of the better clubs from off long Island are there except for M&D, who's probably going to win if the Jackets should fall. Good luck to your girls though.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Sky Walkers , T3, T.L.C., Loonys, Green Turtles, S.J.S, NEMS , or Heros. The firs 2 days are over and look at the scores 20-0, 22-1. Look at the Risers division , 2 M&D teams playing each other for championship.Weak tourney that teams go to to pad there web pages with tales of victory. None of the better clubs from off long Island are there except for M&D, who's probably going to win if the Jackets should fall. Good luck to your girls though.

Too much politics with this tournament over the years. It's like the O'le Boys club except for women. Forget about the seedings and the draw, watch the games and see how much politics goes into this. Amazing to see!

It's pretty ridiculous how many lopsided games there are. Some team don't play a real game to the first round of the playoffs.

We won't be back next year. Maybe the teams who stayed away were smarter than us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but wrong. T3 was there but none of their teams made it out of their division and into the playoffs. Same with CClax, none of their teams even made it to the playoffs. M&D16 played 17 in the championship because the playoff bracket was unbalanced with the best games being early on one side of the bracket: M&D16-YJBlue defo (4-2) and M&D16-Suffolk county (2-1).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the girls on CR's 2018 team now know where they stand, for half the team it's on they sideline watching! Is beating some cross island rival so important to her that she won't sub a single player? These girls are in the 6th grade and it was just a pool play game. Why ruin the confidence of half the team by making them watch. This sends a horrible message to the girls. Drop your own personal battle and let "all" the girls play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the girls on CR's 2018 team now know where they stand, for half the team it's on they sideline watching! Is beating some cross island rival so important to her that she won't sub a single player? These girls are in the 6th grade and it was just a pool play game. Why ruin the confidence of half the team by making them watch. This sends a horrible message to the girls. Drop your own personal battle and let "all" the girls play.

This may have to do "a little with TG vs. YJ." However, this is not just a TG issue. This has been CR's stance forever. If she is playing another LI team she will play the best players only. When there is a big game at stake, forget about the other kids getting in. I'm not sure if it is true or not, but I heard from a YJ parent that in the contract you sign it specifically says there is no guarantee of playing time and you may not play in certain games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People talk often about sportsmanship and respecting the game. Let's look at this weekend.

EXAMPLE #1 : After the 2-2 draw Friday against Top Guns Black, did you think that this would play out any other way? No substitutions, half the bench not used, but that was only the start.

EXAMPLE #2 : After starting Saturday with a 15-0 drubbing of Spirit Select (need to run it up for goal differential of course) and a 9-2 win over Massachusetts, The 2018 Blue won the division on a tie-breaker. Seriously? 15-0?

EXAMPLE #3 : What bothers me is that Rose's ruthless approach to other teams (either that they are afraid to play us or we will kick their asses) is bad enough at the older age groups, but this was a 2018 age group with the same win at all cost attitude. We heard it all again this weekend.

EXAMPLE #4 : Does it stop there? Of course not. The YJ 2018 Blue hang a 10-0 quarterfinal score on ... their own club mates from the YJ 2019 Gold (Costa) group. Seriously? You do this to your own club teams?

Look, certainly three of the best teams did make it to the semifinals with M&D Black, YJ Blue, and Top Guns Black. You have to decide for yourself exactly what type of example was set. Save me the Carol Rose defender choir this time. Talk about each one of these four examples. Defend them. Don't deflect the conversation - talk about these four specific points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D is from Long Island????? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
M&D is from Long Island????? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The quote was "None of the better clubs from off long Island are there except for M&D, who's probably going to win if the Jackets should fall. Good luck to your girls though."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but wrong. T3 was there but none of their teams made it out of their division and into the playoffs. Same with CClax, none of their teams even made it to the playoffs. M&D16 played 17 in the championship because the playoff bracket was unbalanced with the best games being early on one side of the bracket: M&D16-YJBlue defo (4-2) and M&D16-Suffolk county (2-1).
why is that not balanced , if you were better you would have won

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading the recent posts about girls sitting for the whole game and signing an agreement about playing time I feel the need to defend Carol on this one. This is not P.A.L. ball where every one gets equal time. As a coach I would do the same thing in a big game if I thought it would get the win. I would go a little further and not switch out the goalie if I thought she was seeing the ball well. That being said , I have lost a lot of respect for the Y.J. org in there choice of tourney's. so far on decent one in MD. , & lollypops in Jersey 2 weeks in a row? Are they afraid to play the better clubs? why not send your best team (2015 blue) to the 2 IWLCA events instead of a camp?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes TG have set a much better example for their young players with one of their head coaches being fallen down drunk at the NCAA semi finals then he cannot coach them at their first tourney of the year , fell off a fence and had to go to the ER after a little too much partying. The parents on the team are too afraid to speak up ,no way I allow my kid to be coached by that no matter how good they think they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhhh....chief, we did win it. And i still think the playoffs were unbalanced. As a serious question what tournament would you say is a good one then?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhhh....chief, we did win it. And i still think the playoffs were unbalanced. As a serious question what tournament would you say is a good one then?
Sorry "Chief ", I left my e.s.p. hat in my car. I thought you were talking about the risers , Either IWLCA event has better competition, you wouldn't know because you would actually have to play tougher teams so you're afraid to play them. you would't want to ruin that impressive win streak against second rate clubs.would you "Chief". You went to Lax by the Sea, witch is a good event if your in the 6th grade. Have fun in camp

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 games in for 2015 blue and you won 20-0 22-0 & 17-0, really challenging yourselves with this choice . Easy wis at a b.s. tourney will look good on the web site. Yay we're the best............not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yikes! I was talking about the Risers! My daughter plays for M&D. Came here to figure out why YJ now have two blue teams. Thought I would add an unbiased impression of our experience at the national draw ( including the unbalanced risers playoffs). See you at some of those tournaments you mention. Im guessing you're the guy with the friendly smile?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People talk often about sportsmanship and respecting the game. Let's look at this weekend.

EXAMPLE #1 : After the 2-2 draw Friday against Top Guns Black, did you think that this would play out any other way? No substitutions, half the bench not used, but that was only the start.

EXAMPLE #2 : After starting Saturday with a 15-0 drubbing of Spirit Select (need to run it up for goal differential of course) and a 9-2 win over Massachusetts, The 2018 Blue won the division on a tie-breaker. Seriously? 15-0?

EXAMPLE #3 : What bothers me is that Rose's ruthless approach to other teams (either that they are afraid to play us or we will kick their asses) is bad enough at the older age groups, but this was a 2018 age group with the same win at all cost attitude. We heard it all again this weekend.

EXAMPLE #4 : Does it stop there? Of course not. The YJ 2018 Blue hang a 10-0 quarterfinal score on ... their own club mates from the YJ 2019 Gold (Costa) group. Seriously? You do this to your own club teams?

Look, certainly three of the best teams did make it to the semifinals with M&D Black, YJ Blue, and Top Guns Black. You have to decide for yourself exactly what type of example was set. Save me the Carol Rose defender choir this time. Talk about each one of these four examples. Defend them. Don't deflect the conversation - talk about these four specific points.

I'll give it a shot in regards to your four points:

1. She needed to win the game to ensure her team made the playoffs.
2. The first Tie breaker is head to head competition. Second tie breaker is goals against. Third tie breaker was goals for. This was an issue at some of the IWCLA events and they have removed goals for from the tiebreaker category. Some events still use it with a maximum goal differential of 5. This was not the case at National Draw and they should consider changing the rules. I wish I had the time to look at the tournament as a whole and see how many 15 goal differential games there were. It is a joke.
3. Agreed. Winning is the most important thing to her.
4. I if was apparent on the younger team I would not be too happy. This has happened at other ages as well and it has ben an internal issue. How do you do that to your own club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So CR should play to loose and play everyone evenly. Now that's really funny. I did not see Syracuse or northwestern clear their bench in their quest. Why should she?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll give it a shot in regards to your four points:

1. She needed to win the game to ensure her team made the playoffs.
2. The first Tie breaker is head to head competition. Second tie breaker is goals against. Third tie breaker was goals for. This was an issue at some of the IWCLA events and they have removed goals for from the tiebreaker category. Some events still use it with a maximum goal differential of 5. This was not the case at National Draw and they should consider changing the rules. I wish I had the time to look at the tournament as a whole and see how many 15 goal differential games there were. It is a joke.
3. Agreed. Winning is the most important thing to her.
4. I if was apparent on the younger team I would not be too happy. This has happened at other ages as well and it has ben an internal issue. How do you do that to your own club?

My daughter YJ team took a beating in their last game. 14-2 or something like that. I suppose that team is not to your liking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yikes! I was talking about the Risers! My daughter plays for M&D. Came here to figure out why YJ now have two blue teams. Thought I would add an unbiased impression of our experience at the national draw ( including the unbalanced risers playoffs). See you at some of those tournaments you mention. Im guessing you're the guy with the friendly smile?

Fact is we "YJ" look forward to playing clubs like "M&D" and make no excuse MD Black 2016 faced us early in the playoffs and you beat us. I tip my hat to your team. Those are usually very competative games and the kids look forward to those matchups. As far as the Nat. Draw i agree very unbalanced this year.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So CR should play to loose and play everyone evenly. Now that's really funny. I did not see Syracuse or northwestern clear their bench in their quest. Why should she?
BOTC thinks that it is a very sad defense and position to compare what is effectively a sixth grade tournament with an NCAA program.

In college, there is a natural cycle of players - every four years if academic progress is managed. This year's freshman bench-rider is a potential senior year starter in the college game. Such is not the case with the club game since the group remains together.

So, you can see that Syracuse and Northwestern build their team concepts around a rotation of players through their programs. That does not happen with the youth club environment which is why team building for a club and team building at the college level are very different exercises.

Here's the real question in our minds : did the team earn a tie or not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The feeling is mutual. I am also an M&D 2016 parent. YJ 2016 Blue is an outstanding team and all three times we have played your team it has been an extremely competitive, hard fought game.

Too bad we had to meet in the opening round yesterday, but at least our girls finally had the chance to benefit from playing each other again. It's also too bad that we have to wait at least a year to play again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can agree with some comments made against CR and how she handled her 2018 Blue team. The tie in the weather shortened game vs. TG Black forced both TG and YJ to battle it out for Goal Differential in this tourney. I know that 15-0 is pretty harsh, but since the teams were placed in the same division, it unfortunately came down to that. Alot of people will paint the YJ as a team that will beat up on anyone, but truth is alot of teams were loading up this weekend. Steps, M+D, and TG kept pouring it on also. I see TG 19 Black won a game 16-2...That being said, not playing girls at this age, especially in round robin play, is not right in my book. And beating down a team in your own club 10-0 is pretty low.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with poster. 6th graders need to build confidence and skill level. You can still get the win with substitutions. It also builds depth in the team. Seems like victories are at the sacrifice of 6th grade girls confidence levels being beaten down. Can not compare to NCAA at 11 and 12 years of age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2016 Blue "Defoe" played subbed our team fairly yesterday against M&D Black in the playoffs and look where that got us!an early trip home. 4-40 min games; plenty of time to get kids into games for longer periods of time that may be playing limited time in some of the playoff games, and I am not saying that and player should sit out for an entire game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should check your facts!! He was not drunk when he fell onto the fence!! HE was helping to set up the fields in time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are right should not have mentioned fence incident because I did not wittness first hand, did witness sb scene and those facts are undeniable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was under the impression the 16 defo team was solid through and through. so M&D was beatable if defo played certain people only? M&D swept the whole tournament except for varsity. I was at the game, it looked like the one group was out there most of the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Yellow Jackets over-sub the other two times 2016 Black beat them?

C'mon...the Yellow Jackets "went home early" not because they oversubbed, but because two outstanding teams played each other in the first round and one of them won by two goals.

These teams have played twice before with similar results.

Anyway, Defo is an excellent team...look forward to playing them again. I am sure M&D will continue to sub their 22 players in all of the games, as they always do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was under the impression the 16 defo team was solid through and through. so M&D was beatable if defo played certain people only? M&D swept the whole tournament except for varsity. I was at the game, it looked like the one group was out there most of the game

WRONG! It's a fact subbed liberally is an understatement; a lot of key starters were out quite a bit.Short playoff format,I don't know if the outcome would have been different. M&D is an excellent organization and the 2016 black are a great team. Just sayin that's all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Yellow Jackets over-sub the other two times 2016 Black beat them?

C'mon...the Yellow Jackets "went home early" not because they oversubbed, but because two outstanding teams played each other in the first round and one of them won by two goals.

These teams have played twice before with similar results.

Anyway, Defo is an excellent team...look forward to playing them again. I am sure M&D will continue to sub their 22 players in all of the games, as they always do.

Never said results would have been different; simply stated not the norm. "YJ" philosophy used to be go with your best in big games for as long as possible. Maybe that is chaninging we now have two "blue" and two "gold" teams, whats next? I'm sure all 22 players on every "M&D" team played 12 min a piece in all of there respective playoff games. Your an excellent and as always we look forward to the future matchups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC thinks that it is a very sad defense and position to compare what is effectively a sixth grade tournament with an NCAA program.

In college, there is a natural cycle of players - every four years if academic progress is managed. This year's freshman bench-rider is a potential senior year starter in the college game. Such is not the case with the club game since the group remains together.

So, you can see that Syracuse and Northwestern build their team concepts around a rotation of players through their programs. That does not happen with the youth club environment which is why team building for a club and team building at the college level are very different exercises.

Here's the real question in our minds : did the team earn a tie or not?

Here's the real answer. NO. Half the team earned the tie, I can tell you the parents were not happy at all with the no sub situation. Can't at all blame them, and to compare this to Northwestern NCAA championship game is ridiculous, you should get your head checked (and NU actually did a lot of subs in that game). In the end, there is no justification for this, even if your the parent of the alpha no sub girl you should be able to see that this is not good for the team. Just CR using the team (or half the team) to fight her personel battle.

Like Reply Quote
Page 52 of 327 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard