BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 42 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Big win for igloo? Are you kidding. If it's MM she did nothing for the 2018 girls. That group was very talented a summer or two ago but she did nothing with them. Came to practice late. Never carried lax stick. Had kids raise their hand for the position they play and counted off the amount needed and they go in. Players not selected from practice performance caus she wasn't there to see them or even know them! Lol

MM is a great coach and a prominent coach on LI. I think that it would be hard to coach a team where the director takes over and doesn't allow you to do anything. I also think the motivation for her to excel is hard when coaches don't get paid for their work. Probably the reason why many coaches have left Elevate.

I couldn't agree more about MM. She's a terrific coach and outstanding role model for our girls. Igloo is fortunate to have her.

She is a great coach and that is why many of the kids followed her from elevate to igloo. Kids will certainly benefit from having her as a coach and a leader.

I'm sure she is a great coach when she applies herself, but the fact that she didn't even come to half of my daughter's practice or tournaments the past two years was very disappointing. She did apologize to our team (I believe she missed often for weddings), but why sign up for something that you can't commit to? I'm sure Igloo is an easier choice for her because they don't travel. I hope she'll be more committed to this program.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big win for igloo? Are you kidding. If it's MM she did nothing for the 2018 girls. That group was very talented a summer or two ago but she did nothing with them. Came to practice late. Never carried lax stick. Had kids raise their hand for the position they play and counted off the amount needed and they go in. Players not selected from practice performance caus she wasn't there to see them or even know them! Lol

MM is a great coach and a prominent coach on LI. I think that it would be hard to coach a team where the director takes over and doesn't allow you to do anything. I also think the motivation for her to excel is hard when coaches don't get paid for their work. Probably the reason why many coaches have left Elevate.

I couldn't agree more about MM. She's a terrific coach and outstanding role model for our girls. Igloo is fortunate to have her.

She is a great coach and that is why many of the kids followed her from elevate to igloo. Kids will certainly benefit from having her as a coach and a leader.

I'm sure she is a great coach when she applies herself, but the fact that she didn't even come to half of my daughter's practice or tournaments the past two years was very disappointing. She did apologize to our team (I believe she missed often for weddings), but why sign up for something that you can't commit to? I'm sure Igloo is an easier choice for her because they don't travel. I hope she'll be more committed to this program.

You are absolutely correct, she did not come to your daughters practice's or tournaments the last 2 years. That is probably because 2 years ago she coached 2018 and 2021 blue teams and then last year she was moved to coach the younger elevate teams (since elevate realised how great she was with the younger girls. That said, if your daughter was on 2018 or 2021 MM would not have been there last year, which is most likely why you didn't see her. Sounds like elevate is not communicating very well. You should find out who your daughters coach is this year so you aren't looking for MM again since she is at igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM is a great coach, sometimes parents don't realize the inner workings of a situation. I'm not claiming this was the issue or not, but I would love to give you and idea of what could be a issue; one if a coaching is coaching multiple teams, then their will be conflicts unless the directors ensure there will be none. Secondly, coaches don't coach so well if they are being mistreated or devalued. Also if a coach doesn't receive their checks for coaching; I don't know how motivated they are to come back year after year; or if they have to wait entire year to get their checks. Also if coaches are left to fend for themselves with practice fields, times and scheduling then they can have issues with holding practices. This is where a good organization will schedule everything, and the coach just shows up and does what he or she does best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a chink in the Yellow Jacket shield? Tryouts seemed a little down and rumblings about some kids going elsewhere looking for more playing time. I wouldn't be surprised. If you can't crack a top team or get on the field you should go somewhere else for a fresh start. Anyone know how many teams 2020 will have?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a chink in the Yellow Jacket shield? Tryouts seemed a little down and rumblings about some kids going elsewhere looking for more playing time. I wouldn't be surprised. If you can't crack a top team or get on the field you should go somewhere else for a fresh start. Anyone know how many teams 2020 will have?

Cant imagine at this stage that there are a lot of girls that have NOT registered with other programs....?... may explain dearth of girls at tryouts...?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure Legacy, Liberty TG Black and others wouldn't mind getting a piece of any Curcio or Jones girls who may be upset with placement or playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think there's a formula for that:
(# of 2020 families with open checkbooks + leftover checks from 2021 families) / 26 girls per team = # of teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 teams. First 2 will be better than most. 3&4 will be a bit shaky

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]I'm sure Legacy, Liberty TG Black and others wouldn't mind getting a piece of any Curcio or Jones girls who may be upset with placement or playing time. [/quote]

yeah because their $2k+ is so much better than the other 40+ girls $2k+....all about the benjamins baby..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So YJ's lost two teams???

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So YJ's lost two teams???

Can't speak for 2020 but 2021 must have had close to 100 with 15 new players.
Numbers did not look down to me but would also say not much depth of talent below the first 2 teams.. Will be interesting to see if they have enough to add a fourth team next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure Legacy, Liberty TG Black and others wouldn't mind getting a piece of any Curcio or Jones girls who may be upset with placement or playing time.

Don't kid yourself, there are rumblings every year on every team but for every girl that leaves there someone eager to take her spot. Heard it all, poor coaching, not enough playing time, girl moves down a team, girl feels she should have moved up, friends and family connection blah blah blah. Funny thing is if you have been doing this long enough it's the same nonsense on every other team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't kid yourself, there are rumblings every year on every team but for every girl that leaves there someone eager to take her spot. Heard it all, poor coaching, not enough playing time, girl moves down a team, girl feels she should have moved up, friends and family connection blah blah blah. Funny thing is if you have been doing this long enough it's the same nonsense on every other team.

Did they go from 6 to 4 teams like an earlier post said? If that's true it would be more than rumblings. It would mean they lost a third of their teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Down is down PERIOD. Consumers chose to go somewhere else or left the game. Either is hit for the YJ's. You are either growing, holding or declining. YJ's went from growing to holding and now declining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are going from 5 to 4. The 5th team was a 2020/2021 team anyway so really, there is not much of a change at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top teams are not on the decline. They got better, 2020 dropped one team and now they have four. Bunch of kids from 3rd and 4th left but blue will not miss a beat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are so desperate its funny. If they had 6 teams at the age group again you would all be attacking them for calling themselves elite, now they have 4 so they are declining. If you look at it realistically YJ top team will easily be the best team on Long Island ,the best kids want to play on that team and only that team. Yj second team is equal to other LI clubs top team.They may have lost some of the lower level team players but again the best kids want to play for the best team.Talk about on the decline you should probably be looking else where.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Agree completely!...I hope that folks are starting to see the big picture, that just throwing good money at these programs for fancy swag and crappy coaching does nothing for their daughters...it is such a cash cow that has gotten soooo out of control. The only response parents have is to let their feet do the talking and either go elsewhere or just stick to something else. That is why programs like Liberty, Legacy and some smaller programs are becoming so attractive. They only have 2 teams at each level..thus insuring that that at least the girls who are in the program are not just gravy and funding the other teams.
To quote Bernie Sanders, a revolution is needed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Down is down PERIOD. Consumers chose to go somewhere else or left the game. Either is hit for the YJ's. You are either growing, holding or declining. YJ's went from growing to holding and now declining.

You're basing your comment on one age group when other are increasing (and decreasing). If you could quote total enrollment for this year compared to last year you may have some validity but you didn't so it's just hearsay at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are so desperate its funny. If they had 6 teams at the age group again you would all be attacking them for calling themselves elite, now they have 4 so they are declining. If you look at it realistically YJ top team will easily be the best team on Long Island ,the best kids want to play on that team and only that team. Yj second team is equal to other LI clubs top team.They may have lost some of the lower level team players but again the best kids want to play for the best team.Talk about on the decline you should probably be looking else where.

Missing the point...they are leaving because of the short bench in games!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
personally I really couldn't care if they had 6 teams in the age group. everyone knows the talent will be and is stacked on that first team. That's great, good luck to them. Girls who are snubbed by the first team who still have very good talent could choose to play with the second team or maybe go elsewhere and help another top team compete. all their choice, and it's good to have choices. I'm surprised girls that have moved down from the 1st and second team of YJ the past haven't chosen other squads like Legacy and TG. The one girl left YJ Blue I think last year and did quite well with legacy, are there others that will choose similar paths?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually you are missing the point , its not the kids from the top teams that are leaving .The bottom teams do not shorten the bench. The top team in this age group plays everyone equal for the most part, they can do this as they are very deep and are midfield driven with the best midfielders in the age group by far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually you are missing the point , its not the kids from the top teams that are leaving .The bottom teams do not shorten the bench. The top team in this age group plays everyone equal for the most part, they can do this as they are very deep and are midfield driven with the best midfielders in the age group by far.

Not in big games..bench is very short

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're basing your comment on one age group when other are increasing (and decreasing). If you could quote total enrollment for this year compared to last year you may have some validity but you didn't so it's just hearsay at this point.

this is the 2020 thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this is the 2020 thread

For 2020 how could you call YJ down? A couple years ago TG had the top team in this age group. Several changes made for last summers age group and YJ was clearly the top team from LI. Even more changes this year and it is a runaway. Top team is getting progressively stronger and "growing" every year. Sounds "UP" to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

as many as possible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for this Cobra Kai 2020 team, I saw them mopping up yellow jackets in Farmingdale a few weeks ago. Then I saw them being promoted on MSG Quick Hits of all places. I think they said they were from Suffern

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for this Cobra Kai 2020 team, I saw them mopping up yellow jackets in Farmingdale a few weeks ago. Then I saw them being promoted on MSG Quick Hits of all places. I think they said they were from Suffern

If this is accurate you would need to know which of the (5) YJ 2020 teams played. Competition is a great motivator good for Cobra Kai best of luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not even worth arguing the point with you as you have no idea what you are talking about .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not even worth arguing the point with you as you have no idea what you are talking about .

Should be interesting....there is only one ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is so far off, it's ridiculous. The top team doesn't sub anyone in the tough games. They ride their top players and everyone else watches. 2nd line middies move to defense and attack and the others watch and cheer. In the other, non-competitive games, everyone plays equally. The parents have been told this and accept this. There are plenty of girls in this age group on other teams that are better than the bottom half of their roster. And quite honestly, they're probably better off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is so far off, it's ridiculous. The top team doesn't sub anyone in the tough games. They ride their top players and everyone else watches. 2nd line middies move to defense and attack and the others watch and cheer. In the other, non-competitive games, everyone plays equally. The parents have been told this and accept this. There are plenty of girls in this age group on other teams that are better than the bottom half of their roster. And quite honestly, they're probably better off.

not probably...they are better off...Just ask anyone who left!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Down is down PERIOD. Consumers chose to go somewhere else or left the game. Either is hit for the YJ's. You are either growing, holding or declining. YJ's went from growing to holding and now declining.

this is the 2020 thread

For 2020 how could you call YJ down? A couple years ago TG had the top team in this age group. Several changes made for last summers age group and YJ was clearly the top team from LI. Even more changes this year and it is a runaway. Top team is getting progressively stronger and "growing" every year. Sounds "UP" to me

Is TG even in the top 3?
1 YJ
2 Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
correct..the YJ girls who have found homes at Elevate, TG and Liberty are , I would guess, estatic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see Legacy's name a lot on this thread. Does anyone know how Legacy did at the tournaments this past summer? Hard facts please: tourneys played, who did they play, wins, losses, championships? What top tier teams did they face and how did they do, i.e. M&D, Heroes, SW, TLC, YJ Blue, Liberty Black, Elevate Blue, TG Black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you are on Curcios team and never see the field in big games how do you expect your daughter to get recruited? When coaches show up they want to see you play in crunch time not standing on the sidelines cheering with your war paint on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you are on Curcios team and never see the field in big games how do you expect your daughter to get recruited? When coaches show up they want to see you play in crunch time not standing on the sidelines cheering with your war paint on

you are correct, but I will also add that as these girls get older the tournements become more "Showcases" and less "Championship"
Wins and losses dont matter as much. committed girls attend fewer tournaments opening up the field to those who are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think the girls would even work harder to try and be that one on the field at crunch time. Practice pays off... the girls on them field at some point worked hard than the girls on the bench. But YJ is very clear to reward talent and effort. Maybe a reality check for some.... and look in mirror and say I have to work harder.... don't blame coach or program.... in other words OWN it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches always do show up to see the top YJ teams, and its not always to the short bench games, so there will be plenty of opportunity for kids to get seen. Another option may be to go play for another club/team where you are now the go to player in crunch time. This would obviously be a much weaker team, would the coaches ever show up? That's the hard choice here, the answer will be different for different people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches always do show up to see the top YJ teams, and its not always to the short bench games, so there will be plenty of opportunity for kids to get seen. Another option may be to go play for another club/team where you are now the go to player in crunch time. This would obviously be a much weaker team, would the coaches ever show up? That's the hard choice here, the answer will be different for different people.

Much weaker? One minute someone is saying that the whole team is stacked. Next minute, if a girl leaves, she can only be the go to girl on a much weaker team. Which one is it?

Do you honestly think that coaches will only go see YJ Blue? Please. Many kids get recruited by many different schools, not just YJ. My older daughter is playing for a mid D1, the school that she wanted. She sent an email and the coaches came and saw. Wasn't as complicated as many travel directors would like you to think. They requested that she attend a clinic at the school and the rest is history. Granted that she wasn't interested in the Marylands of the world. But then again most schools aren't in that position.

Page 11 of 42 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard