BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22
Re: High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Sayville Royalty post was spot on! These people consider anyone whose parents grew up outside of Sayville outsiders. They are cordial to their parents but do scheme against the kids. Nothing brings me more joy than to watch their children being dominated by such outsiders.Coach D is also considered an outsider and as such has never been liked by the Youth Lacrosse Board.They say he doesn't know about lacrosse...blah...blah..I tell them that you can't argue with success. They think that the Sayville boys are so talented that if we had a REAL coach we would win the County every year. Here's a tip our athletes are no better than the athletes in other towns! Some are great some are average and some are terrible. Just like everywhere else. It takes a good coach to recognize talent and to utilize it correctly in order to be successful. The man has been that! His crime was pissing off some suits on the school board because he stood up to them in the name of safety. I'll take a guy like that every time over some worm.

Nothing brings you more joy than watching kids get dominated? You have no soul.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sayville Royalty post was spot on! These people consider anyone whose parents grew up outside of Sayville outsiders. They are cordial to their parents but do scheme against the kids. Nothing brings me more joy than to watch their children being dominated by such outsiders.Coach D is also considered an outsider and as such has never been liked by the Youth Lacrosse Board.They say he doesn't know about lacrosse...blah...blah..I tell them that you can't argue with success. They think that the Sayville boys are so talented that if we had a REAL coach we would win the County every year. Here's a tip our athletes are no better than the athletes in other towns! Some are great some are average and some are terrible. Just like everywhere else. It takes a good coach to recognize talent and to utilize it correctly in order to be successful. The man has been that! His crime was pissing off some suits on the school board because he stood up to them in the name of safety. I'll take a guy like that every time over some worm.

Sayville Royalty????? What the [lacrosse] are you clowns talking about? That may be the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Posts like that make you look idiotic and ruin your credibility. These are the same kinds of statements and ideas that made you all come across as meatheads at the board meeting. I'm all for Coach getting his job back, but calling out a large percentage of the community like that is senseless and prejudicial.

The people causing the removal of Coach D should have been called out and if those statements are deemed prejudicial, maybe they are fitting. I still don't understand how a Board removes a coach because of the actions of parents. The decision was not intended to improve the program, it was an emotional reaction to a group of parents who fought for the benefit of the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sayville Royalty????? What the [lacrosse] are you clowns talking about? That may be the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Posts like that make you look idiotic and ruin your credibility. These are the same kinds of statements and ideas that made you all come across as meatheads at the board meeting. I'm all for Coach getting his job back, but calling out a large percentage of the community like that is senseless and prejudicial.

The people causing the removal of Coach D should have been called out and if those statements are deemed prejudicial, maybe they are fitting. I still don't understand how a Board removes a coach because of the actions of parents. The decision was not intended to improve the program, it was an emotional reaction to a group of parents who fought for the benefit of the program.

Listen Mr. M, we're on the same side of the fence on this one. I never asked for, or even thought about, the coach being removed. But calling out people just because their family has strong roots in the community is just plain stupid. I fall into that category. So do many of my friends and our children. I've never, ever, exhibited the aforementioned characteristics and take great offense to them. If you're going to throw stones, be careful that your aim is good or you may alienate yourself even more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been watching this post with some interest as I am a Sayville resident. My son has not played for Coach D yet as he is in Middle School. My son has gone to some of the clinics and Coach has been nothing but nice to him and to me for that matter.My son plays for a very competitive travel team which pulls kids from all over the island, we even have a kid from NJ playing with us. Coach asked us to play for the Spartans and we declined. I told him my son will play for you someday and you will get a better player if he's playing with and against better competition. He agreed but still breaks chops when I run into him in town. Sayville is a great little town with great sports programs across the board. There's nothing wrong with being proud of that. Is there a little bit of I'm a native and you're not? Sure but all in good fun and if your kid can play believe me,they will gladly cheer for him (HS QB). I don't know the mans coaching style. I do think that he cares about the kids and the program has been successful. There will always be people that are unhappy with a coach especially if their kid's not playing. That happens everywhere. I went to Smithtown East and played lax there. It's a big school they graduate around 750 kids a year. Last year the lacrosse team had 14 D1 commits. Ten kids start. That means four backups are going to D1. Never mind the kids who are D2 or 3 caliber. Be happy that you live in a small nice little town and your kid ( who wouldn't see the field some places) gets to compete in a game he loves for a while longer. I don't think that a coach should lose his job over something like annoying a school board.IMHO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen Mr. M, we're on the same side of the fence on this one. I never asked for, or even thought about, the coach being removed. But calling out people just because their family has strong roots in the community is just plain stupid. I fall into that category. So do many of my friends and our children. I've never, ever, exhibited the aforementioned characteristics and take great offense to them. If you're going to throw stones, be careful that your aim is good or you may alienate yourself even more.

Really? Then who will stand up for Coach D and the program?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Sayville be the next.... SWR or ESM from years past!?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there any chance Coach D will be rehired?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you mean by that? Slipping into mediocrity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you never even thought of Coach D being removed and after careful consideration, its agreed he is the best man for the job, how do we get him reinstated? As far as I know, a new coach hasn't been chosen so we don't have to skip a beat. I think we all know what's going on here, culpability. Who is to blame for the situation in which we find ourselves. We had opposing egos butt heads and the Superintendent and Board wanted to flex their muscles. We all get it. Now its time to do what's right for the program and our kids. Bill Tierney is not walking through the door so reinstate Coach D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you mean by that? Slipping into mediocrity?

Turning BOTC into your forum to let the LI community know what the community is like. Do it the right way Sayville.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you never even thought of Coach D being removed and after careful consideration, its agreed he is the best man for the job, how do we get him reinstated? As far as I know, a new coach hasn't been chosen so we don't have to skip a beat. I think we all know what's going on here, culpability. Who is to blame for the situation in which we find ourselves. We had opposing egos butt heads and the Superintendent and Board wanted to flex their muscles. We all get it. Now its time to do what's right for the program and our kids. Bill Tierney is not walking through the door so reinstate Coach D.

Pal, none of these people will rally to support Coach D, they like to complain, [lacrosse] and moan all behind closed doors. "My son doesn't start, its' the coaches fault...." You must be new to this lacrosse scene. Or you are a rational person who sees what is right and wrong and feel the need to post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm pretty certain that his replacement has been found. I assume it will be announced at the next board meeting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm pretty certain that his replacement has been found. I assume it will be announced at the next board meeting.

How do know anything about this process? When is the next board meeting? I'll be in attendance and will certainly share my feelings on the matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who will win the girls A,b,c division this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Newfield

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sayville. They kept their girls coach!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Centereach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if there are any schools that just have a Varsity Girls team? Our school probably wont have enough for 2 teams and I am wondering if they will try and keep just varsity and cancel JV

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if there are any schools that just have a Varsity Girls team? Our school probably wont have enough for 2 teams and I am wondering if they will try and keep just varsity and cancel JV

They will probably pull up from MS to fill out jv

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there any chance Coach D will be rehired?

If enough people show up to the next Board of Ed meeting to voice their opinions, then the answer is yes. The Board should represent the citizens of the town/ district that employs them. If they need to hear from us, we need to show up and express our indignation with what has been done thus far and ensure the wrong is righted. Similar to the meeting before last spring season. I think they have dragged the process out over time expecting us to lose interest, well I have not lost interest. In fact, I am more emboldened to be as proactive as possible. I hope the people who caused this to happen in the first place show up and publicly express their opinions and wishes. But, we all know that will never happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayport does look strong. Miller is fantastic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Class C, Bayport does look good, about the same as last year, the big change this year has more to do with Mt. Sinai, they have certainly weakened. Enough for Bayport to contend? Not so sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is coaching port Washington HS now that Coach Rooney left for HHH?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is coaching port Washington HS now that Coach Rooney left for HHH?

West? Or East for Rooney?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Class C, Bayport does look good, about the same as last year, the big change this year has more to do with Mt. Sinai, they have certainly weakened. Enough for Bayport to contend? Not so sure.

Thanks Bert!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interested to know how many of you think your HS coach or athletic administration should be fired.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interested to know how many of you think your HS coach or athletic administration should be fired.

Yes, in our district AD and coaches should be fired.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What district?? Reasons???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach was fired a couple of years ago. AD is a zero, collecting a paycheck and fattening up his pension, much like his waistline... Our AD is absolutely useless. Tenure is an awful thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our district should get rid of the Ad and some other position which is like the head of Athletics. An Ad should make sure his house is in order. There are always two concerns when it comes to kids and sports winning on the field and winning in life.

As an AD you must first try to win on the field/court as an AD. If you can win on the field then you make sure your players are winners in life. If your players cannot win on the field and you are in one of the biggest districts on LI you need to be fired. You are doing something wrong.

Now if you have an Ad and another position which is in charge of sports and you are still losing in sports and your athletes are not the best of people, you don't twiddle your thumbs and say it is what it is. You work to make the community better by athletics. THATS YOUR JOB.

In my district, Both people need to be fired and the BOE needs to step in and be held accountable. In my district an athlete is going to die either on the field or off in the streets before it gets better.

In my day the AD was a friend a mentor and someone who you were scared $hitless of. The AD would also do anything for their athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should this be renamed the Sayville thread and open another one for HighSchool lax? San Andreas High School Football Rules!

Re: Sayville thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should this be renamed the Sayville thread and open another one for HighSchool lax? San Andreas High School Football Rules!

Hows that. Anyone can change the thread name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in January this was names High School Lax, then in Oct there came about some uneasiness at Sayville and the header Re: was changed to Sayville.

This thread should be used to bring up issues if they take a life of their own then they should branch out to a new thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

William S Preston Esquire and Theodore "Ted" Logan... The Wyld Stallians!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New coach at SJB?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the difference between a fully funded school and one that is not fully funded and how does it affect schorships? Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
San Dimas High School Football rules, but thanks for the laugh

Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard