BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 44 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious to see where the Express guest players play for WSYL ......should be interesting If i was a betting man I would say EXPRESS

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many players played Monday that were not on the Express team and were they all Icon player So?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo got a easy Schedule and Should of not of even of been in the Championship.
It should of been Sons and TAZ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Icon lost their best player and other players are they still in the top 4? If these players from Icon were just guest players is Express a top 4 team? Are they playing for both teams the entire year or just yesterday? At least everyone looked the proper age yesterday for all the teams that played in the 2021 bracket except the CT team.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I watched Express Wolves vs the Outlaws and "he" played for Express the entire game. He did not get one second of rest. I guess they were afraid to take him out of the game when the Outlaws went up by 3 goals and leading for most of the game.

Did express have Icon kids play with them?

Yes he played

THEY

Along with literally 30 other kids on the team! The bench was size was beyond reprehensible!

It looked like a picture perfect money grab but came across more like an act of desperation by the owner to get this team where it should have been a few years ago. He was probably too busy focusing on the very very few chosen ones all this time and not the team. Cramming for this year's big test!

And it's only the first tournament of the season. No reason to think the act will change. There will be 40 kids on the team soon and the money will be falling out of his pockets! And the way the guy kisses up to a few of those kids is weird.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CT. team is all legit. It was made specifically for the WSYL so everyone is a 7th grader. If Express Channy had Icon players that makes me think Eclipse were the better team. I guess Long Island just being Long Island.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CT team was a U13 team.

Not a big deal, but not a 2021 unit. They were very good though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also know that Express tried to recruit at least one other Icon kid but was turned down, which is the right thing to do.
Also does anyone know how many of the Igloo kids are in fact 8th grade if any, don't care about age just grade

PLEASE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 4 teams from NY/New England can qualify for WSYL. Igloo is a lock - then a fight for the other three spots. Doubt Express will be in mix - likely 91 - as they will have players who are grade eligible from Crush Team at 2021. maybe one more long island team - but good chance a New England Team or Two in mix. Not going to be easy to qualify.

Not easy in Mid-Atlantic Region either - 4 teams from MD, NJ, PA, VA, DE…….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't say they are all 7th graders. Your web site says there is a U13 team and a 2021 team. The U13 team plays the fall tournaments. 2021 does not. Why would your website call this team u13 if it was a legit 2021 team? They were a good 7th grade team but not so good if older kids played.

CT. team is all legit. It was made specifically for the WSYL so everyone is a 7th grader. If Express Channy had Icon players that makes me think Eclipse were the better team. I guess Long Island just being Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the eighth graders play on the ct eclipse 2020 team. Furthermore, according to WSYL, only 2021 (or earlier) may be on the u13 team. The eclipse team is a 2021 team geared towards making the WSYL tournament.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right, for that U13 Eclipse, leading up to tryouts, they made it clear that the team was being formed to qualify for the WSYL and that players needed to both meet the birthdate requirement and be a 2021. I am not affiliated with eclipse, but it looks like they are doing this legit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has to be 2021 AND be born AFTER 5/1/2002.

Highly doubt any Team from CT will qualify from the Region.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing how WSYL is a made-up-from-thin-air event but because championship is on ESPN2 EVERYONE wants to play in it. I'm not criticizing, because I feel the same way, but what does that say about us?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing how WSYL is a made-up-from-thin-air event but because championship is on ESPN2 EVERYONE wants to play in it. I'm not criticizing, because I feel the same way, but what does that say about us?
Not sure what it says, but as a parent of a player that did participate last year, it was a great experience and ALL the kids, win or lose had a blast. Lots of great memories made. Good luck to the 2021 teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With regards to the statement about how "highly doubt any team from CT will qualify because they can't meet the age and grade criteria" ...

It is true that there area lot of teams out there (most often MD and Canada referenced) that play older kids down. However, there is a bit of a dynamic on this board developing where some LI people automatically assume any good non-LI team must be playing older kids down if they are competitive with the best LI teams. This is being assumed too frequently as a knee-jerk reaction with no actual knowledge. Happening in this thread right now related to the Eclipse team.

LI people, the world doesn't end if legit age/grade teams beat the best LI teams. And it is only going to happen more and more going forward ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was not a comment about the age requirement - was doubting a CT will qualify as one of the 4 teams that qualify from Region of NY/New England.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would parents put there kid on a team with 30 plus kids and guess players coming in every tournament, you are taking a whole summer away from your kid. Go to a team that he will play on and let him enjoy the game on the field. It's not about you dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The CT team was good but common. If on Long Island they would not be on the top four.
quote=Anonymous]CT. team is all legit. It was made specifically for the WSYL so everyone is a 7th grader. If Express Channy had Icon players that makes me think Eclipse were the better team. I guess Long Island just being Long Island. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the Icon players are still intact even the one who was guest player for express, don't ask me why they would have him or any other player take time away from their regular players. He has been trying to get a few of the other Icon players the past two years but they have not left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regional Qualifier Schedule/Locations have been announced for WSYL. For NY/New England - is weekend of April 2nd.

Info no won WSYL Website. Top 4 Teams from each Regional Qualifier (all in april) go to Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did you see "Top 4" teams from each qualifier go to Denver? I just read champion and "multiple" and "other top" teams.

I've heard the event was a blast, but would be expensive. What are thoughts of folks whether it is worth going if you're a team that is good enough to give top teams a good game on the field if not the scoreboard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It may signify that there is a real desire to have a regulator in the mix. The holdback issue is out of hand and if this "made for TV" event is the catalyst to bring regulation to the sport, so be it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It may signify that there is a real desire to have a regulator in the mix. The holdback issue is out of hand and if this "made for TV" event is the catalyst to bring regulation to the sport, so be it.

Interesting thought.

Yes, there is definite desire for a regulator, but a 5/1 birth date is still too old. USL has done nothing about it for years, all talk.

WSYL saw an opportunity, had the connections to the tv network thru MLL, took over and and pushed the date back four months earlier than USL!

Smoke and mirrors with the glam of tv, and the ad dollars that come with it. Don't be fooled.

It's a business. Think of all the connections MLL has via some of it's players coaching or owning club teams nationwide. You really think the age issue will be fixed when many who are now running the industry, beat the system back in the day and openly promote doing the same?

Is it grow the game or honor the game? The unfortunate answer is - whichever makes more money!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think 5/1 is too early as well. [lacrosse]'s had already moved to 6/1 after last year, which I think is also too early. (I do think that [lacrosse]'s prior 8/1 date was fairly reflective of when many boys start kindegardten).

I don't think playing against a 2021 loaded (4-8 kids) with summer birthdays is the end of the world, but there is no question that it's a competitive advantage to have a team that is, on average, a few months older. Look at Hogan's brackets and you can see how many teams - from everywhere, not just Maryland - don't have 2020, 2021 or 2022 teams that meet the 9/1 cutoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More importantly, what teams are. Going to qualifiers?

My guess is 91, Express, Igloo & Icon. Any others from LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comments like this are so stupid get over it -everyone does what works for them if it doesn't work for you so be it. Why do you care about someone else's summer?
Didn't your momma teach you everyone's different and that's why makes the world go around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Halloween Havoc looks to a have a weak line up. Very disappointing. LIE Channey plus DELETED
Will roll easily. Only competition is a fair Outlaws team.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: DO NOT IDENTIFY PLAYERS
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More importantly, what teams are. Going to qualifiers?

My guess is 91, Express, Igloo & Icon. Any others from LI

Agree with these 4. In addition I could see Eclipse, Laxachusetts, and possibly Prime Time. Not sure if there are any other teams from the North that could compete other than these:

Igloo
Express
Icon
Eclipse
Laxachusetts
Prime Time
Any other possibilities?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Ambush FOGO will challenge DELETED any day of the week... should be a game to look forward to.

Halloween Havoc looks to a have a weak line up. Very disappointing. LIE Channey plus DELETD player
Will roll easily. Only competition is a fair Outlaws team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELEED isnt that good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the changes Ambush is the team to beat here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ambush may be a better team then orange if not equal but time will tell .

With all the changes Ambush is the team to beat here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange Is now the B team. You will all be surprised tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are delusional - stop trying to start crap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush team is solid and is going to take everyone by surprise living upto there name ! They eliminated a decent amount on list of last year's roster and replaced them with underated players that weren't part of the orange click .The last few practices they have looked far more talented and then the limelight team which was not part of the tryouts because that team was already recruited and picked before then. Ambush has finally obtained the cream of the crop! Tomorrow is the day every one will see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush team is solid and is going to take everyone by surprise living upto there name ! They eliminated a decent amount on list of last year's roster and replaced them with underated players that weren't part of the orange click .The last few practices they have looked far more talented and then the limelight team which was not part of the tryouts because that team was already recruited and picked before then. Ambush has finally obtained the cream of the crop! Tomorrow is the day every one will see.

You play Sunday...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, because judging teams on how they look in practice is always spot on .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime is not going. the director DAniello only worries about HS teams. That's why numerous youth players left the program. He should have a director for HS teams and Youth teams. Unfortunately he is very absent for youth. A shame as he has many good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes me think Orange isn't that good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered