BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 111 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes! Hope he is gone! Any Chaminade student (and in any other school I imagine) who records a teacher and posts to social media would be immediately expelled. Why shouldn't the same rules apply to this kid??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes! Hope he is gone! Any Chaminade student (and in any other school I imagine) who records a teacher and posts to social media would be immediately expelled. Why shouldn't the same rules apply to this kid??

Can't punish a whistle blower. In privates you can find ways in publics its a lawsuit. Haven't you learned anyting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical kill the messenger tactic. The audio made its way to the administration. The administration took the action. But all you male pussixs want to pick on the kid. Rumor has it coach denied that anything happened then admin put audio on the table. The coach lied to admin.....so much for the stand-up guy....if he was so stand up he should have owned his mistake. Instead he lied about it. Sorry.....bye-bye.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical kill the messenger tactic. The audio made its way to the administration. The administration took the action. But all you male pussixs want to pick on the kid. Rumor has it coach denied that anything happened then admin put audio on the table. The coach lied to admin.....so much for the stand-up guy....if he was so stand up he should have owned his mistake. Instead he lied about it. Sorry.....bye-bye.

TOTAL LIE. You don't know what you're talking about. So much for a stand up guy? He's one of the greatest coaches on Long Island. Look at the online petition and read what former athletes write about him. Pomps is an outstanding person and how dare you slander his name. Gross.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

he didn't own up to it because coaches talk to kids who are, i won't use your word, but we get the picture, every day. Poor poor babies. They got cursed at. Boo boo, as you would say.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was put on the 2019 posts - Make sure you read your kids phones. I do all the time. Some of the stuff that is on there would make a druke prostitute blush.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stop being a wash woman and post facts instead of rumors. If you knew the type of person that Coach Pomps is you wouldn't be defending the weasel that recorded him. Hope the kid has left the school - wouldn't want to be him and have to face my classmates and teachers knowing that I was responsible for a great man losing his coaching job!! Hope the parents of the kid who complained are pleased with what they've done - made their kid look like a whiney brat and robbed a team of being coached by one of the best! Good job!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all of this support this man has within the lacrosse and coaching community I wonder what the other coaches that work with him on a day to day basis feel, I know that in my high school when a similar situation happened and the administration did not have the coaches back the entire coaching staff offered their resignation effective immediately and the administration backed down, if this guy is so loved (and I have never heard of him until this week) why don't all the coaches quit, all sports and I bet the administration would change their minds, the parents would force them too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I almost feel sorry for the young man. Busting his nut for two years just to go back to public school. He is however somewhat a product of his environment though. The same type who videotape people just doing their jobs, you know, easy jobs, police, firefighters, EMS, etc. No stress there.
Good luck Pomps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with comments about a kid. Children are led by their parents. I feel badly for the kid also. If the kid showed his parents and they didn't have the sense to tell him to delete it it's their fault. I feel awful for the coach don't get me wrong but if he is half the man that I've read about this past week he wouldn't want any kid subjected to these further comments.

Adults need to think. So much pressure on these kids today . How would you feel if this spiraled out of control and these words hurt this kid further.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously the Administration at Chaminade was uncomfortable enough to take the action they did. They obviously feel the man acted and behaved in a manner contrary to their beliefs. It also makes me think that there's way more to the story than maybe anyone knows, and I mean anyone. Just my opinion. I wonder if all of you people who are screaming from the roof tops about this man, would be as vocal for a student removed from the school under the same circumstances? I'm guessing not. Ask yourselves? If a 100 average kid had a one time meltdown and behaved towards a teacher in the exact same manner as this Coach behaved towards the kids, would that kid survive? I doubt it, surely he would be expelled. I feel bad for the Coach, but I think he put the school in bad position. If they take him back, what message does that send to the students? Think about it for a while...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with comments about a kid. Children are led by their parents. I feel badly for the kid also. If the kid showed his parents and they didn't have the sense to tell him to delete it it's their fault. I feel awful for the coach don't get me wrong but if he is half the man that I've read about this past week he wouldn't want any kid subjected to these further comments.

Adults need to think. So much pressure on these kids today . How would you feel if this spiraled out of control and these words hurt this kid further.

Kid ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously the Administration at Chaminade was uncomfortable enough to take the action they did. They obviously feel the man acted and behaved in a manner contrary to their beliefs. It also makes me think that there's way more to the story than maybe anyone knows, and I mean anyone. Just my opinion. I wonder if all of you people who are screaming from the roof tops about this man, would be as vocal for a student removed from the school under the same circumstances? I'm guessing not. Ask yourselves? If a 100 average kid had a one time meltdown and behaved towards a teacher in the exact same manner as this Coach behaved towards the kids, would that kid survive? I doubt it, surely he would be expelled. I feel bad for the Coach, but I think he put the school in bad position. If they take him back, what message does that send to the students? Think about it for a while...

Kid? Please, no one is talking about a five year here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? Are you trying to say five year old? Regardless, your missing the point. It's not about the kid, it's about the behavior of the adult that is inconsistent with Chaminades teachings, and the school having no choice. It's about the message that would be sent if they allow the Coach to return. Some things are bigger than the love of a Coach. Try to take your emotion out of it for a second. Where does the school go from here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? Are you trying to say five year old? Regardless, your missing the point. It's not about the kid, it's about the behavior of the adult that is inconsistent with Chaminades teachings, and the school having no choice. It's about the message that would be sent if they allow the Coach to return. Some things are bigger than the love of a Coach. Try to take your emotion out of it for a second. Where does the school go from here?

Why do you keep referring to the young man as a, "Kid" ? He is not a child. I think you missed the point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ever see the psycho Chaminade wrestling coaches in action?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ever see the psycho Chaminade wrestling coaches in action?

with all these so called psychos running around it's amazing how successful the alumni actually are. this school is sets the bar. it's obvious. the proof is in the pudding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such nice St A's boys spitting from the top of the stands onto anyone wearing a red jacket last night at the football game. Such class !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such nice St A's boys spitting from the top of the stands onto anyone wearing a red jacket last night at the football game. Such class !

Remember they are mostly Chaminade rejects that couldn't handle it ..Leave them alone..They are in enough trouble for being rejected by the school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you keep referring to the young man as a, "Kid" ? He is not a child. I think you missed the point.

Kid,child,young man, minor, whatever, he's a kid not an adult.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are protecting our "children" from harsh talk?? Are you serious? The best is when your kids rebel from all you helicopter parents and let their own kids fend for themselves. Our society is weakened when 30 years of good work is tossed to the side because some coddled teenagers had their feelings hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As Colonel Frank Slade(Al Pacino) would say. "Your building a rat ship here, a vessel for seagoin' snitches". "Be careful what kind of leaders you are producing here".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How dare you ever suggest that the Chaminade administration has ever made a mistake like the rest of us mere mortals, let alone ever admit to one. No such thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you don't think Chamninade is the best of the best in sports and school, you are sorely misguided admit it and move on..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you don't think Chamninade is the best of the best in sports and school, you are sorely misguided admit it and move on..

Chaminade isn't the best of the best in anything. They send masses of catholics to mediocre to upper catholic colleges and compile sports teams using 2000 kids from all over long island and they still lose to public schools. The only ones who think that chaminade is the best of the best are the parents that send their kids to the school, just ask them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
coolest parents of all....great mom and dad swag . wear your Chammy swag proudly and often!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade isn't the best of the best in anything. They send masses of catholics to mediocre to upper catholic colleges and compile sports teams using 2000 kids from all over long island and they still lose to public schools. The only ones who think that chaminade is the best of the best are the parents that send their kids to the school, just ask them.

Thanks wannabe!
You're likely part of the 80% that could not get in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not quite. They set the bar. Public schools have no conviction. Everyone is treated the same. No accountability. This is a hard lesson for some but at least they stand by their morals. This incident is unfortunate. Chamindade didn't teach this kid to do what he did. His parent did. A kid in public school would probably have it on utube by now and the teachers union would have cried fowl either way in this day and age everyone has to know they can be recorded at any moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where ya from slappy, Baldwin, Hicksville? Nah, probably Selden…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not quite. They set the bar. Public schools have no conviction. Everyone is treated the same. No accountability. This is a hard lesson for some but at least they stand by their morals. This incident is unfortunate. Chamindade didn't teach this kid to do what he did. His parent did. A kid in public school would probably have it on utube by now and the teachers union would have cried fowl either way in this day and age everyone has to know they can be recorded at any moment.

do chickens cry fowl? learn that saying at Chammy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are the best because they are strong across the board. There are other schools with comparable or better academics and others with better individual teams. However, there is no school on LI that has the combination of top academics and top athletics across all teams....not just lax. Look at their athletic center, Bloomberg terminals, wrestling facility, TV studio, the yearbook they produce, volunteerism and on and on. If you hate Chaminade I get it, but then name me the LI school which surpasses them in ALL these areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can only imagine where you learned to speak. couldn't get in could you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are the best because they are strong across the board. There are other schools with comparable or better academics and others with better individual teams. However, there is no school on LI that has the combination of top academics and top athletics across all teams....not just lax. Look at their athletic center, Bloomberg terminals, wrestling facility, TV studio, the yearbook they produce, volunteerism and on and on. If you hate Chaminade I get it, but then name me the LI school which surpasses them in ALL these areas.

Garden City!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man was that easy to strike a cord with you all. I've written that same concept for years on this board and it works all the time. Don't be so insecure. Chammy is a good school, and on average produces good kids that go on to get good grades at good colleges and then they get good jobs. One last thing, let me get this straight, the kid you're all bashing, it's his parents fault, not the school's fault at what happened? There's some irony in your logic pal...and just so you know, his recording is bouncing around many devices these days, heard it numerous times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man was that easy to strike a cord with you all. I've written that same concept for years on this board and it works all the time. Don't be so insecure. Chammy is a good school, and on average produces good kids that go on to get good grades at good colleges and then they get good jobs. One last thing, let me get this straight, the kid you're all bashing, it's his parents fault, not the school's fault at what happened? There's some irony in your logic pal...and just so you know, his recording is bouncing around many devices these days, heard it numerous times.

now I get it. I'm talking to a kid. All this time I thought I was talking to an adult. I would ask to have your parent respond but seeing how apples don't fall far from trees, I'll pass. And yes it is the parents fault in this particular situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^^

In this particular situation because it happened to a Chammy kid? Give me a break. The kids at Chammy are just like all the other kids, there are great ones, good ones and bad ones. Some play sports, some do drugs, some drink alcohol, some fight, some curse, some work and get fired, stop putting the school on a false pedestal and let it go. If you have to defend/promote it all the time is it really so great?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City!

Hardly.

Sincerely,
Garden City Resident

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset to name one . Their academics are top in the country and you can't count the number of boys AND girls teams last year that won nassau, LI and state championships across all sports. Don't know what district you are from but I don't think you've been to many of the top districts if you don't think that they have programs and facilities that rival or surpass what Chaminade offers. You may be getting better than what you would have if you stayed in your public school but not many neighboring public schools , sorry. If you want to argue that you are sending your son for the catholic education we won't get in Public schools I totally respect that but not the academic /sports argument .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset to name one . Their academics are top in the country and you can't count the number of boys AND girls teams last year that won nassau, LI and state championships across all sports. Don't know what district you are from but I don't think you've been to many of the top districts if you don't think that they have programs and facilities that rival or surpass what Chaminade offers. You may be getting better than what you would have if you stayed in your public school but not many neighboring public schools , sorry. If you want to argue that you are sending your son for the catholic education we won't get in Public schools I totally respect that but not the academic /sports argument .

That's a fair and respectful point. But Chaminade has a reputation that is hard to equal. Don't take my word for it. Please read a letter that was recently written by the head coach at Yale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a fair and respectful point. But Chaminade has a reputation that is hard to equal. Don't take my word for it. Please read a letter that was recently written by the head coach at Yale.

Chaminade lax was beaten last by LI publics. They also sent the same number of kids to an elite Ivy as several publics: 1-2
Don't really see a great advantage here.

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 111 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard