BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 97 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good job Eclipse. Shows that some of the best Westchester/Fairfield teams are on par with the better Long Island teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That comment about "one org up in dutchess county ..." seems totally off base and not accurate. Somebody with an agenda writing that.

Would that be the same coach who would have players play down when the played better teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Express North teams are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse couldn't finish today. Lost to the LIE A team in the finals 7-5.

Which grade level?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North had two teams in the Legacy Columbus Day Tournament on Long Island. Their 2020 B (or as they call it single 'A') team and their 2023 team. Their 2020 B team went 0-3 and their 2023 team went 0-2-1. You can see it on tourney machine. Its too early to tell anything about LIENorth yet. The first tournament for their 2020-2022 teams is next week at the Halloween Havoc. We'll get a better feel for the caliber of middle school players in this organization during the next two weeks.

I think some expected this organization to be the second coming given the success of their 2018 team, but the 2018 team wasn't a product of LIENorth. It was started by Superstar and moved to LIENorth. Don't know the exact story behind it. Only time will tell. I wish them luck and hope they play some of the other Westchester/CT teams. We need more local tournaments/scrimmages.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a positive spin on some things. We all want to compete and be on a great team etc. I get that but why do you have to bash another in the process. Express North is new to the area and still getting the younger teams in order. Superstars has been around a lot longer and has helped tons of kids develop and is led by a guy that has done more for the sport than just about if not anyone in the area. I'm sure PT and the others have quality people as well, just haven't had the opportunity to meet them. If you are happy where you are playing enjoy it, if not find a place where you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North had two teams in the Legacy Columbus Day Tournament on Long Island. Their 2020 B (or as they call it single 'A') team and their 2023 team. Their 2020 B team went 0-3 and their 2023 team went 0-2-1. You can see it on tourney machine. Its too early to tell anything about LIENorth yet. The first tournament for their 2020-2022 teams is next week at the Halloween Havoc. We'll get a better feel for the caliber of middle school players in this organization during the next two weeks.

I think some expected this organization to be the second coming given the success of their 2018 team, but the 2018 team wasn't a product of LIENorth. It was started by Superstar and moved to LIENorth. Don't know the exact story behind it. Only time will tell. I wish them luck and hope they play some of the other Westchester/CT teams. We need more local tournaments/scrimmages.

A "B" team playing in an "A" bracket, are the results a surprise? Do some of you people post just to stir up S*^*?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Express North has always had the same coaching staff.

Those are the people who are driving the broader Express North program. Superstar (good club in their own right) had little/nothing to do with success of Express North 2018 team.

I suspect Express North will continue to be a highly competitive program overall in the years to come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chris Schreiber is the Director of Express North and started in March of last year and now has 2 teams at 2020. Giving kids a chance to play and learn from quality coaches. Unfortunately town programs lack quality coaching at every level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are Havoc details to be published?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Express North has always had the same coaching staff.

Those are the people who are driving the broader Express North program. Superstar (good club in their own right) had little/nothing to do with success of Express North 2018 team.

I suspect Express North will continue to be a highly competitive program overall in the years to come.

A good number of the players never even played for Superstar so it's true that Superstar had nothing to do with the success of the program. They used the name with permission of the director of Superstar but he didn't do anything with or for the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right the were called Superstars 365 and Colsey had nothing to do with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How/who formed the original Express North 2018 team then if Superstar/Colsey weren't really involved? Who coaches that team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chris Schreiber.
If you ever went to a game he coaches u couldnt miss him. Played for Hopkins and is uncle of Tom Schreiber.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ExpressNorth 22AA struggled against top teams yesterday . 2020AA Express North won AA bracket . 2021 won A bracket by a large margin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 out of 3 is pretty darn good for a new program, i know the 2023 didnt fare well last weekend, so 2/4 not too shabby

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age?

It was U/13 / 2021

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 was in the B bracket. Very disappointing as we think we are becoming a strong team. Won't know unless we play the A bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched that 2021 LIE North Champ Game. They came down to LI to win an easy championship. Why are they afraid to play A. Whats the worst that can happen. You loose and learn from what went wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a jerk and on top of that u can't spell .go spread your misery to your family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
guess i was correct

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see what division they put themselves in this weekend @ Blatant. I believe last year they won it playing A. Imagine they play down in B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched that 2021 LIE North Champ Game. They came down to LI to win an easy championship. Why are they afraid to play A. Whats the worst that can happen. You loose and learn from what went wrong.

What was the score?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who gives a [lacrosse] - how about great job, kids working together as a team to achive a common goal- its a 2 year old program- primetime could not even put a 4th grade team together this year - li express north 2020 team as well. its fall lax- get a life people

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ExpressNorth 22AA struggled against top teams yesterday . 2020AA Express North won AA bracket . 2021 won A bracket by a large margin

FYI.. there are no AA divisions on LI. They have A and B. A divisions generally have some legit teams but there is a precipitous drop in quality of the B divisions. I'm not taking anything away from the winners. As big as lax is on LI, there is still a massive amount of expansion so there are a large number of teams that are 1-2 years old. Staying competitive with those teams is a benchmark of success for northern teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA = A
A = B

People use that method so they can sell the program as not having a "B" team. No one wants to tell people their kid is on the "B" team and that is a problem. It's ok to have "B" teams, and it is also OK to play "B" lacrosse if that is the level you are currently at. Why we need to try to justify a lower level team is beyond me.

USA Hockey has AAA, AA, and A tiers, but that isn't the case in lacrosse, so program directors are doing their best to make this their model. Now a kid can choose program 1 because they gave him a spot on the "A" team over team 2 which gave him a spot on the "B" team, even though they are the same level.

I coach HS and club lacrosse. I played college lacrosse. My son isn't old enough to play organized yet but I check this site because my parents brought it to my attention and I wanted to see the madness for myself.

If my son decides to play lacrosse, I will pay for the team that he makes and deserves to be on. The team that he is comfortable on. The team he is excited to wake up and go to. If he is the best kid in the B bracket I will say that proudly. If he is a third line middie on the A team I will say that proudly (if asked). If he decides he doesn't like lacrosse anymore, I will say that proudly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA = A
A = B

People use that method so they can sell the program as not having a "B" team. No one wants to tell people their kid is on the "B" team and that is a problem. It's ok to have "B" teams, and it is also OK to play "B" lacrosse if that is the level you are currently at. Why we need to try to justify a lower level team is beyond me.

USA Hockey has AAA, AA, and A tiers, but that isn't the case in lacrosse, so program directors are doing their best to make this their model. Now a kid can choose program 1 because they gave him a spot on the "A" team over team 2 which gave him a spot on the "B" team, even though they are the same level.

I coach HS and club lacrosse. I played college lacrosse. My son isn't old enough to play organized yet but I check this site because my parents brought it to my attention and I wanted to see the madness for myself.

If my son decides to play lacrosse, I will pay for the team that he makes and deserves to be on. The team that he is comfortable on. The team he is excited to wake up and go to. If he is the best kid in the B bracket I will say that proudly. If he is a third line middie on the A team I will say that proudly (if asked). If he decides he doesn't like lacrosse anymore, I will say that proudly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you get a life. This website is for people to express their opinions. If you can't handle the truth stay off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA = A
A = B

And then one day he doesn't make the team you think he should because you are all knowing and bang you're in the thick of. It's okay you wouldn't be the first nor the last. noone know what the future holds. Good luck on your ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA = A
A = B

That was a lot to say for someone with no kids playing travel or even of travel age. You're just weird. If you're already posting then guess what, you are going to be the WORST of them all! Good lord I feel bad for your kid already...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you rank lacrosse programs based on showcase invitations then Prime Time is #1. I'm very thankful I ignored the rhetoric being spewed by some loud mouths about which program has the most clout. We made the right choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is express north 2024?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt prime time in the hay day had the best players. But with all these new programs popping up. That is changing. It's really sad. But it's true. Primetime had a monopoly in the area. As an example. They were unable to field a 4th grade squad this year. Again. Sad. But reality

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt prime time in the hay day had the best players. But with all these new programs popping up. That is changing. It's really sad. But it's true. Primetime had a monopoly in the area. As an example. They were unable to field a 4th grade squad this year. Again. Sad. But reality

Can't argue with the showcase numbers. Someone still believes PT is still the premiere program up here. If not PT, then who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm saying that is 10000% true now. But won't be the case in 5 years as kids are now spread out. I'm not anti pt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't argue with the showcase numbers. Someone still believes PT is still the premiere program up here. If not PT, then who?

Eclipse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT is still strong. Their 2018 team can compete with anybody. 2022 really strong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT does have a 4th grade team, all set with roster. They just aren't playing in the Fall, only Spring/Summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime does not have a fourth grade team they were unable to put enough kids together for fall tournament team. The kids that were signed up for the team are now practicing with the fifth grade team

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 97 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard